CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 - How much luggage ?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3259672-c6-how-much-luggage.html)

Luke in SA 04-25-2013 12:00 AM

C6 - How much luggage ??

Hi Guys,

Usually i'm hanging out on the C3 forum (and in Australia).

I'm a big Vette fan and my latest plan is to drive a C6 from LA to Chicago along Route 66. Or vice versa.

How much luggage room is there in a C6 ?
I'm guessing not much...

Recently drove a lap around Hawaii in 2013 Camaro (only because I couldn't get a Vette on the day). Nice drive & plenty of luggage room.

Without being able to pop down to the dealer and check it out, can you guys give me a bit of an idea on interior luggage space. There will be 2 of us.

Cheers.

LMB-Z 04-25-2013 12:05 AM

I put two large golf bags in mine and have room left over

coryvte 04-25-2013 12:25 AM

Two golf bags! :rofl:

And a whole lot more!

Two golf bags and the targa can still be put in the back, yes, I've done that many times. I think the volume is rated at 22 cubit feet, in comparison, a Chevy Impala is 18.

Brady Kohuth 04-25-2013 12:57 AM

Also,remember their is a weight limit for driver,passenger and luggage,423lbs.

ExRedRacer 04-25-2013 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Brady Kohuth (Post 1583731121)

That's funny.

C7 BOB 04-25-2013 01:00 AM

It holds a lot - duffle bag in the middle, carry-on bags on the sides, and a bunch of smaller bags, plus misc.

http://file.walagata.com/w/mazdabob/cargo.jpg

TKgs2010 04-25-2013 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Luke in SA (Post 1583730846)
Hi Guys,

I'm a big Vette fan and my latest plan is to drive a C6 from LA to Chicago along Route 66. Or vice versa.

I'm guessing not much...

Recently drove a lap around Hawaii in 2013 Camaro (only because I couldn't get a Vette on the day). Nice drive & plenty of luggage room.

Without being able to pop down to the dealer and check it out, can you guys give me a bit of an idea on interior luggage space. There will be 2 of us.

Cheers.

More room in there than you might expect. I've rented Vette convertibles a lot on vacations and my wife and I have fit a medium suitcase, a small roll-on weekender and a garment bag in the trunk area, takes some creative loading, but it works. My personal Vette is a coupe and there's a lot more space in the coupe, if you pack effectively.

Luke in SA 04-25-2013 01:30 AM

Thanks for the replies and the photo is great.
Looks like more room than I thought there would be.
I have an early C3 and there is almost no room for luggage.

Cheers.

dealer06 04-25-2013 06:41 AM

A couple weekends ago, a buddy and I took a weekend trip. We each had the largest size bag you can use for airline-carry-on, each had a gun case (for long guns), each had a shooting bag. A couple flats of ammo. Plus miscellaneous laptop bags, jackets, etc. All fit fine.

c54u 04-25-2013 07:11 AM

Corvette hatchback - 22.4 cubic ft.
Corvette convertible - 11 cubic ft.

Camaro - 11.3 cubic ft.
Camaro convertible - 10.2 cubic ft.

All from the book.

:cheers:

Nosferatu 04-25-2013 07:13 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm guessing not much...

Cheers.

Lots. I just asked last month...search??? :ack:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-capacity.html

:thumbs:

Seadawg 04-25-2013 07:22 AM

Hi Guys,

If you think a '13 Camaro has plenty of luggage room, you will really be impressed with the storage space of a C6 coupe style vette. :D

The convertible C6 may be close to the Camaro though.

FortMorganAl 04-25-2013 07:30 AM

I measured my couple for loading a LARGE box. You can easily fit a box 37"x42"x11". That is just under 10 cubic feet. That is less than half the usable space because it only considers a 6 sided box. Smaller items fit in the irregular shapes around the wheel wells and under the sloping hatch, etc. For reference, a Cadillac CTS has at most 13.9 cubic feet. The secret to using all the space is soft luggage.

Yes, there is a weight limit of a little less than 1/4 ton but I don't recall anyone every having an issue. Besides, you're renting and not expected to know about things like weight limits. ;)

idaband 04-25-2013 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by C6BOB (Post 1583731134)
It holds a lot - duffle bag in the middle, carry-on bags on the sides, and a bunch of smaller bags, plus misc.

http://file.walagata.com/w/mazdabob/cargo.jpg

What are you using to cover the paint when loading. Some sort of blanket?

Tonylmiller 04-25-2013 08:21 AM

Yeah, the vert isn't too bad, and the coupe has outstanding luggage space. Plenty enough for two people, even if one of them is female.

:D

FloydSummerOf68 04-25-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Brady Kohuth (Post 1583731121)

Originally Posted by Red Racer (Post 1583731133)
That's funny.

Why is it funny? That's what the car says.

SK360 04-25-2013 08:43 AM

We packed a laptop bag, camera bag, duffel bag and a few other odds and ends for our recent trip to south carolina and still had plenty of room to stow the roof in the back hatch over top of it all.

Plenty of space!

RobLo 04-25-2013 08:47 AM

Couple of years ago wife and I took a week long trip to Pennsylvania which was to include 2 days at Carlisle for the Corvette show, we packed for an entire week. At the show, a guy had 2 front OEM rims for sale, I bought them as one of my rims had curb rash. They came in original boxes. My plan was to pack carefully when going home, putting stuff inside the rim boxes and around the rims. Well, Hurricane Irene hit and we had to get out of the hotel and home fast, within an hour, so I didn't have time to pack carefully. We were able to fit all we packed (a weeks worth of clothes), the 2 rims in the boxes plus some souvenirs from the show into the back of our C6. I couldn't see out the rear window too well but we still made it home safe and sound. I'm sure you'll have plenty of room....:cheers:

FloydSummerOf68 04-25-2013 09:07 AM

I've had my 80lb and 50lb dog back there....no sweat :)

J Vette 04-25-2013 09:49 AM

My wife I took a trip to Florida and easily had 1 weeks worth of clothing. This consisted of 2 large suitcases, 2 small to medium duffle bags and several small bags plus a 17" laptop. This was in a vert using the full trunk space including compartment where top goes into. The coupe should easily have enough room. This is one of the main reasons I wanted a Vette. I wanted a car which I could have room for luggage if & when I went to the beach or on vacation. My Corvette has exceeded my expectations in every way.