CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Vented Hood Purchase (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3258642-vented-hood-purchase.html)

incabird 04-23-2013 09:18 PM

I have to say I agree with the posts suggesting filing a dispute with your credit card company. I think the photos themselves should be evidence enough to refuse full payment. It is not your fault they sent you a bad product. Why should you pay for their mistake? Tell them to send a prepaid shipping tag and give it back to them. If they refuse, let them fight it out with the credit card company.

Johnathon59 04-23-2013 09:56 PM

Did the seller state in writing that it would fit like (as good as) the original ?? if so I would dispute the charges with your CC company, if NO statement as far as alignment guarantee,
you will just have to take the loss $$ , sorry.:(

peahead 04-23-2013 10:12 PM

I would be pissed too...good luck Pitt!!!

B-Vette 04-23-2013 10:17 PM

WOW!!!:eek: Good luck, hope everything works out for you!

switchblade six 04-23-2013 11:19 PM

Just gonna keep an eye on this because i just had mine shipped today

:eek:

waynelittle1 04-23-2013 11:24 PM

:lurk:

KSP387 04-24-2013 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1583717691)
What a piece of ****.

Who sold that? I will be getting a vented hood this year (same style) and want to know who to avoid.

Me too, damn! Thats the only hood I've ever liked....

Pittcorvette 04-24-2013 09:19 AM

I fell in love with this hood since the first day I saw it. I still want it. Can someone recommend a company that backs their product 100% to fit on my car. kinda funny I asked them if they would mind me sharing the picks so I could get help from the community and their response was nothing good would come from that. hmmm now after reading all the posts from everyone here I can see why it wouldn't be good for them. I will post the information of the seller that sold the hood that is pictured on my 2012 vett with a little over 2k miles on it.

j_digi454 04-24-2013 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by KSP387 (Post 1583722085)
Me too, damn! Thats the only hood I've ever liked....

:iagree: Same here.

SilverScorp 04-24-2013 10:08 AM

Sorry for your bad experinece, but a simple search on the forums would have given you all the information needed to stay away from this hood. The Hightech vented hood fits like crap and most of us know it. I thought about getting one myself, until the bodyshop told me they had to go through five hoods on another C6 just to get one that only needed three hours of trimming work. They told me they will not touch that hood again. The hood you bought is probably one of the worst hoods for the Corvette in terms of fittment. Since you already have it, you might as well chalk up the heavy dollars to get a bodyshop to TRY and get it to fit with some resemblence of the stock fit. Good luck with that.

Pittcorvette 04-24-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScorp (Post 1583723786)
Sorry for your bad experinece, but a simple search on the forums would have given you all the information needed to stay away from this hood. The Hightech vented hood fits like crap and most of us know it. I thought about getting one myself, until the bodyshop told me they had to go through five hoods on another C6 just to get one that only needed three hours of trimming work. They told me they will not touch that hood again. The hood you bought is probably one of the worst hoods for the Corvette in terms of fittment. Since you already have it, you might as well chalk up the heavy dollars to get a bodyshop to TRY and get it to fit with some resemblence of the stock fit. Good luck with that.

No, it was sent back to the vendor. I don't trust that hood on my vett. I wish i would have known this earlier. But my issue is now with the vendors customer service. But, I believe in karma, and in the power of social media.

jr3 04-24-2013 12:31 PM

Does anyone make that hood correct? It is a good looking hood but that fit looked horrible. Seems like as popular as that hood is, someone would make a quality version thats fits correctly.

07MontRedcp 04-24-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by jr3 (Post 1583725043)
Does anyone make that hood correct? It is a good looking hood but that fit looked horrible. Seems like as popular as that hood is, someone would make a quality version thats fits correctly.

HiTech is the company that started that hood. MTI Racing also used to carries it.

BJK

07MontRedcp 04-24-2013 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I should point out that the HiTech hood looks similar to the one in this thread, but only 4 of the vents are active verses the 6 that are shown in this threads' photos.

switchblade six 04-24-2013 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pittcorvette (Post 1583723407)
I fell in love with this hood since the first day I saw it. I still want it. Can someone recommend a company that backs their product 100% to fit on my car. kinda funny I asked them if they would mind me sharing the picks so I could get help from the community and their response was nothing good would come from that. hmmm now after reading all the posts from everyone here I can see why it wouldn't be good for them. I will post the information of the seller that sold the hood that is pictured on my 2012 vett with a little over 2k miles on it.

PMd you :canadaflag:

jr3 04-24-2013 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp (Post 1583725215)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...-c608h_pop.jpg

I should point out that the HiTech hood looks similar to the one in this thread, but only 4 of the vents are active verses the 6 that are shown in this threads' photos.

That hood looks good. The lines look straight. It also looks to be Carbon and not fiberglass.

TripleAstyle123 04-24-2013 09:39 PM

:lurk:

rhedrich 04-24-2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pittcorvette (Post 1583715274)
I recently purchased a hood from a vendor (that I waited three weeks to get) and well let me just say that the hood I received was very interesting. Stand by for pictures and a follow up from their customer service. Id like to have input from the community.

Sent u a pm

switchblade six 04-24-2013 10:09 PM

bump

Knob Jockey 04-24-2013 10:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp (Post 1583725215)

:iagree:

Can we assume it's not a Hi Tech hood, but someone else attempt at a similar design?

I've seen some amazing body work done to alter/align/fit various body parts but that particular hood looks a little too far out of whack to make it worth the effort.

Here's a couple pics of Hi Tech hoods that have been posted on the Forum.