CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest-127/)
-   -   The Jeff Gordon Test Drive (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/3233769-the-jeff-gordon-test-drive.html)

C5 Dawg 03-12-2013 06:52 PM

The Jeff Gordon Test Drive

DidntSettle 03-12-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by C5 Dawg (Post 1583346731)

:D:D:thumbs:

Mr. Peabody 03-13-2013 10:07 AM

ROTFLMAO.:thumbs:

ExRedRacer 03-13-2013 12:49 PM

:rofl::rofl:

That was GOOD!

fperra 03-13-2013 01:28 PM

That was great, but I wouldn't want to get stuck buying that Camaro.:rofl:

Seattle C4 03-13-2013 02:21 PM

http://jalopnik.com/that-jeff-gordon...d-is-453519481

:hide:

Mufflerbearing 03-13-2013 02:55 PM

The cup holder didn't look right to me either. :_dupe:

Procrastination Racing 03-13-2013 06:24 PM

I hate pranks like this. I don't find them funny or good.

First, if real (which it isn't), Jeff Gordon show get arrested for reckless driving and more. And be made to pay for the car.

But since it is fake, he gets away with it, posts it online, Pepsi gets a lot of publicity, and millions think it is great.

Then the copycats begin.

How many will go out and try this somewhere?

How many will wreck someone else's car trying to pull a "prank".

Stockcar Axeman 03-13-2013 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Procrastination Racing (Post 1583356172)

First, if real (which it isn't), Jeff Gordon show get arrested for reckless driving and more. And be made to pay for the car.

But since it is fake, he gets away with it, posts it online, Pepsi gets a lot of publicity, and millions think it is great.

Then the copycats begin.

Lightin up a little. Copycats?:crazy2:

Everybody just hold still and do nothing. That way nobody will do anything stupid. You must be the life of the party!:crazy2:

I saw this yesterday and the guys here at work were almost crying it was so funny! Thanks for sharing it with almost everybody!

2fast4ujoe 03-13-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by C5 Dawg (Post 1583346731)

that was great.

C5 Dawg 03-13-2013 11:30 PM

Then the copycats begin.

It is unquestionably a commercial and likely was staged (notice the lack of other cars on the road, perfectly placed empty ramps, etc.). The Northwest has more than it's share of idiots, but probably not any who couldn't figure that out and then would try to copy a Pepsi ad. Maybe in Florida, you would be a better judge of that than I.

JETninja 03-14-2013 12:41 AM

Then the copycats begin.

Ever hear of "Evolution"? Only the dumbass's will try it and then f it up and end in Jail and broke. I don't see the issue. :D

NinjamanZ51 07-19-2019 02:18 PM

Dollar for dollar, the NSX does not compete with the C8. If you think the NSX is nicer, go buy yourself one.

B747VET 07-23-2019 03:41 PM

We own a Lexus, an Acura, a CTS V, and a modded C5 Vert. Very happy with all.

Things around here get kinda funny when a small number of posters don’t just tell us what they think, which is great, they also tell us what we think, which is not so great. Actually, it is a little scary when you encounter such people in the real world.

All I can say is that the new NSX lost me on day one. I had one of the old ones for about a year but sold it quickly when the 1994 ZR-1 came out. One of the best car decisions I’ve made. But, that is just me.

The new NSX kept that “Acura family style bar” on the front and I think that was why they never caught on besides the general blandness of the design. Also, as Car and Driver said, the NSX is a car designed to fill a niche and price point that doesn’t exist.

All these points are kinda evidenced by the simple fact that for the last two years NSX sales have been in the toilet and even a very deep factory discount of $20,000 is not resolving that issue or rebuilding sales. I’m very happy that some people think the NSX is beautiful and a great car to drive. Good for them and I hope they are happy with their choices.

Bottom line, the U.S. automotive marketplace has spoken. For a variety of reasons, the NSX is succeeding about as well as it can but it’s not enough to sustain the product. When you can’t give something away with a $20,000 discount, the writing is on the wall.

i think it is almost for certain that, whatever the C8 does in the market place, deep,discounting is not going to be necessary to put them on the street in record numbers.

xcaliber501 07-24-2019 10:35 PM

This is not a fair comparison. It really should be;

1 Acura NSX

or

2 Chevy Corvettes and 1 Chevy Silverado.

KenHorse 07-28-2019 06:06 PM

Welcome to 6 years ago :rolleyes:

Mr. Black 07-30-2019 12:02 AM

I swear if I were an admin or mod for a day I would ban every mother fucker that brings shit back from the dead on this board!

I've been on forums for 20 years and I have never seen anything like what happens here.