CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] i have borla stingers....thinking about corsa? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3218890-i-have-borla-stingers-thinking-about-corsa.html)

brightc6 02-15-2013 01:52 PM

i have borla stingers....thinking about corsa?

Just picked up 2003 Z06... it has borla stingers and has a little more of a drone than I like

FourG63 97GST 02-15-2013 03:45 PM

Corsa's fixes that drone issue. I do think the Borlas sound better though, and I have the Corsa's

pql-lbc 02-16-2013 09:25 PM

Have the Borla Stingers on my '02Z. Love the sound and haven't really suffered from the drone, but then the Z isn't a DD and gets driven way less than it likes to be.

David426 02-16-2013 10:42 PM

Best thing to do is go to a local meet and listen for yourself, rather than people on this forum tell you what is best... I had the Borla Stingers on my 99 C5 and they sounded great, however had that nasty drone at highway speed/low rpms... Corsa/GHL may be a better way to go... The Borlas are really loud if you decide to go and put on Headers and a 3" exhaust... The drone gets really bad.... Like I said, go to a local meet and listen to some different set ups and get what YOU think is best...

neutron82 02-16-2013 11:09 PM

I would go corsa too, I'm partial to the xtremes though... personally I don't like the sound of borlas... if not corsa I would go with ghl... I love the way those sound and they have the best tips of any system imo... the only reason I didn't go with those was because I wanted the least possible restrictive exhaust with no drone and not obnoxiously loud at all times and the corsa xtremes have all of those qualities, if you look at the way the mufflers are designed you will see that the exhaust doesnt directly flow through the muffler... now if I could somehow have ghl tips welded on then I would have my dream exhaust:D

GenerationX1 02-17-2013 02:08 AM

I have the Borla Stingers on my C5Z and I don't think they are loud enough. I'm thinking of going with the Borla Straight's. However, I'm NOT brand loyal and my C5Z isn't my daily driver. I drive a modded 03 WRX for my daily driver. You might be happier with the stock C5Z Ti's.

brightc6 02-17-2013 06:15 PM

yea i think its just the sound that im not liking...my last car had borla xr1..

jpalamar 02-18-2013 03:25 PM

Corsa is great for a street car. Not much louder then stock below 2k RPM and then it really opens up.

I have the Corsa X-pipe and Xtreme mufflers.

TXGS507 02-19-2013 10:38 AM

Considering selling my Corsa Indy Pace Car's.... Perfect cond... considering changing to GHL.... PM me if interested.... We'll discuss price.
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/1421/z06hawk4.jpg

TuneTimePerformance 02-22-2013 01:19 PM

In all our experience installing Corsa setups, they have no drone at all.

mittens 02-25-2013 10:34 AM

I have borla Stingers, with no cats, and long tubes. heads and cam.

there is some drone at 1600-1900 rpms. which is different then normal of a LSX. but its for sure there. but after that i like the sound.

thought about swapping for corsa, as well but mainly cause its the one brand i have yet to own.

alend619 02-26-2013 03:58 AM

had borla stingers went to corsa extrems and never looked back again :rock:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...-21-04_967.jpg

tacman 02-26-2013 01:39 PM

Original Borlas sounded good before addition of headers and removal of cats. After that, although Borlas were much louder, drone was unbearable! Car now has Corsa system. Quiet at hwy speeds, absolutely no drone, nice rumble at idle and angry loud when you put your foot down. (Which, as you know, is hard not to do once in a while.)

momo20 02-26-2013 07:57 PM

lg longtubes and corsa indy's...very slight drone at hwy speeds..but nothing to really bother me at all, which i think some insulation would take care of that little issue..other then that they sound amazing

NatB 03-02-2013 11:20 AM

I've had Corsa Extremes with X-Pipe on my otherwise stock 2002 Z06 for the past 4 years. They sound good, and no drone. Tremendous improvement over the much too civilized Stock Ti system.

However, sound is subjective and since my car is not a DD there are times I wish it were more aggressive.

By most accounts on this forum, the Borla Stingers are very popular. You may want to stick with them for a while until you are sure another system will suit your tastes better.

:thumbs:

GenerationX1 03-02-2013 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by NatB (Post 1583257650)
I've had Corsa Extremes with X-Pipe on my otherwise stock 2002 Z06 for the past 4 years. They sound good, and no drone. Tremendous improvement over the much too civilized Stock Ti system.

However, sound is subjective and since my car is not a DD there are times I wish it were more aggressive.

By most accounts on this forum, the Borla Stingers are very popular. You may want to stick with them for a while until you are sure another system will suit your tastes better.

:thumbs:

:iagree: I have the Borla Stingers on mine and it's not my DD either.

I am now thinking of swapping them out for something more aggressive like the Borla straight pipes.

2003corvettez06 03-02-2013 02:54 PM

I was debating between corsa xtreme and B&B PRT.
Ended up going with B&B PRT and love it to me personally they do NOT have any drone. Here are few Vid's for u.

B&B PRT with Borla X-Pipe (stock cats)

B&B PRT - Random Technology - High Flow Cats Stainless 2-3/4" X-Pipe System (super clean sound)

B&B PRT - Random Technology - High Flow Cats Stainless 2-3/4" X-Pipe System

Good luck on ur next purchase cant go wrong with corsa

dtpugh 03-05-2013 11:34 PM

put in an O/R X-pipe, that will pretty much eliminate the drone, I had drone with my old set up when I had the stingers, I removed my cats and put in an o/r x-pipe and there as no drone at all after!

Vette C5 03-27-2013 07:36 PM

I always get confused when people complain about the borla drone. I have borlas and no drone. I also have LG street headers and no cats. I love the sound of the borlas. I have heard corsas, they sound nice, but the borlas have a deeper and more throaty sound. Videos of my setup below: