CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Confirmation from GM on C7 accident (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3217674-confirmation-from-gm-on-c7-accident.html)

NSC5 02-13-2013 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Zymurgy (Post 1583111784)
That's not the point. The point is, we all make mistakes (communication people included).

Exactly! Some of the drivel on this site is nearly beyond belief.

No matter what your field or assigned task I am sure everyone here has made more than one small mistake. Raise your hand if you have never missed a meeting, misinterpreted a question or comment, been incorrect with a forecast, failed to come up with the best solution to a problem/situation, etc.

I am very careful with email because I do a lot of policy interpretation and explanation but I also send so many email per day that I cannot reread them 10 ways to Sunday before I send or I would never accomplish what must be accomplished. Even as careful as I am I do recall sending out one that, due to a typo, appeared to be part of a communication from Tonto to the Lone Ranger.

The only important thing is the driver was fine, the sequence of events was not from mechanical failure, and Blue (the car, not Ox) will be running at full speed very soon.

Medic Man 02-13-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ChromeC5 (Post 1583111883)
Damn those Jalopink scoopers!:D Looks like they caught the news caught the same time as here!:rofl:

Seeing the picture, I could only deduce that there was an incident, or parking was short and the driver had to improvise.

*Just for the record, I'm having fun. I couldn't care less about the grammar*

:iagree:

BlueOx 02-13-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Medic Man (Post 1583111795)
Jalopink - Here is what they posted.. Same grammar issues. :ack:

During evaluation, the driver caught the inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued.

I sent it to Matt...there is another one on CorvetteBlogger that they must have gotten independently because it includes other info...

Update – Chevrolet’s response:

Monte Doran, Chevrolet’s communications manager for Corvette/Camaro sent us the following statement in response to our inquiries about the C7 accident:

We can confirm that during routine testing, a Stingray was involved in a one-car accident. During evaluation, due to driver error the inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued.

We can also confirm that test driver Jim Mero (Nurburgring ZR1 driver) was not driving the Laguna Blue Corvette Stingray at the time of the accident.

Source:
DigitalCorvettes.com

Medic Man 02-13-2013 11:54 AM

Let's try this again with proper grammar LOL -

"We can confirm that during routine testing, a Stingray was involved in a one-car accident.

"During evaluation, the inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued."

We can also confirm that the driver was not GM development driver Jim Mero, as reported elsewhere.

JoesC5 02-13-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Medic Man (Post 1583111795)
Jalopink - Here is what they posted.. Same grammar issues. :ack:

During evaluation, the driver caught the inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued.

On no, BlueOx just discovered he isn't special and that GM does not only talk with him.

BWF07 02-13-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by NSC5 (Post 1583111899)
Exactly! Some of the drivel on this site is nearly beyond belief.

No matter what your field or assigned task I am sure everyone here has made more than one small mistake. Raise your hand if you have never missed a meeting, misinterpreted a question or comment, been incorrect with a forecast, failed to come up with the best solution to a problem/situation, etc.

I am very careful with email because I do a lot of policy interpretation and explanation but I also send so many email per day that I cannot reread them 10 ways to Sunday before I send or I would never accomplish what must be accomplished. Even as careful as I am I do recall sending out one that, due to a typo, appeared to be part of a communication from Tonto to the Lone Ranger.

The only important thing is the driver was fine, the sequence of events was not from mechanical failure, and Blue (the car, not Ox) will be running at full speed very soon.

Well said. But as you know, it will not amount to a hill of beans around here. There will always be those that have to pick apart a post if it in not up to what they consider their standards.

Nitrous Oxide 02-13-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1583111816)
Oh I see...whiney bitching is always freedom of speech.:rofl:

You tell him Ox. Exercise your freedom of speech. :yesnod:

Medic Man 02-13-2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583111949)
On no, BlueOx just discovered he isn't special and that GM does not only talk with him.

:rofl:

BlueOx 02-13-2013 11:57 AM

We know they aren't going to talk to you...and they know you are coming in Oct. I let them know so they could get that car to fall on you.:D

Joe aka - KODAK 02-13-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by EViL427 (Post 1583111762)
Yes. It's called freedom of speech. Don't like it? Move to Cuba.

Having a bad day? :cheers: Life's to short relax and enjoy it :thumbs:

BlueOx 02-13-2013 11:59 AM

I sent it to Matt myself this morning...:D

mmtr 02-13-2013 12:05 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...20001221_n.jpg

la vett girl 02-13-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mmtr (Post 1583112043)

They would have to mess up the blue one. :toetap:

ChromeC5 02-13-2013 12:12 PM

Like I said, he had to improvise on his parking spot. The great thing about this spot is you limit your door dings to only one side of the car.:rofl:

JoesC5 02-13-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1583111988)
I sent it to Matt myself this morning...:D

So, GM didn't send an E-mail to any other's and just to you, and then you informed everyone else.

Aaron Keating 02-13-2013 12:13 PM

I'm glad the Driver wasn't hurt.

But did they have to wound the blue one? Really?

BeaZt 02-13-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating (Post 1583112121)
I'm glad the Driver wasn't hurt.

But did they have to wound the blue one? Really?

The blue was trying to hard while catching up.....we all know blue is the slowest color:D

mmtr 02-13-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by la vett girl (Post 1583112104)
They would have to mess up the blue one. :toetap:

That is exactly what I thought. I have wanted to see more pictures of the blue one, but not this way. :cry

BlueOx 02-13-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583112117)
So, GM didn't send an E-mail to any other's and just to you, and then you informed everyone else.

No. I didn't say that. Obviously they did because the updated one talks about Jim not being the driver and they cleaned up the writing. Jim wasn't mentioned in the info I received.

JoesC5 02-13-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1583111974)
We know they aren't going to talk to you...and they know you are coming in Oct. I let them know so they could get that car to fall on you.:D

I hope you told them to make it a Cyber Gray or a Black one. I don't want to see those ugly black plastic vents as the car comes crashing down on my head.