CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone Have the Master Blaster Car Dryer ??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3217151-anyone-have-the-master-blaster-car-dryer.html)

GARYFINN 02-12-2013 01:32 PM

Anyone Have the Master Blaster Car Dryer ???

Does it work well ????????????

pewter99 02-12-2013 01:33 PM

a few folks....they all rave about them....

Homer3D 02-12-2013 01:36 PM

I just use my electric leaf blower. Works well at 90% less than cost of a Master Blaster.

j_digi454 02-12-2013 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by GARYFINN (Post 1583103678)

Awesome, works great and easy on the arms as your only holding a light 10' hose, not a heavy leaf blower used by some. Actually blows out the mirrors and the tail lights so you have no dripping later. If I remember correctly, it blast a 750 mph wind that is far above a leaf blower. It also has various soft tips so if you accidentally make contact with the cars surface, no scratches.

mcandrew67 02-12-2013 01:44 PM

I have one and like it, as mentioned it gets in all the nooks and crannies with hot air, works well on wheels too.

BenDiem 02-12-2013 01:52 PM

I highly recommend them! I have the Master Blaster for my cars and I have a smaller version for my motorcycles. :thumbs:

BB

gwalsh88 02-12-2013 01:59 PM

I have one use it primarily for the mirrors, headlights, grill and tail lights. I give the rest of the car a once over and then move on to a towel to finish the job. Typically I only need a single towel to do the rest.

for the mirrors and the tail lights there is no better solution.

Eppieguy 02-12-2013 02:16 PM

I have one, I used to use the Leaf Blower method and realize now how difficult it was to use it over the Master Blaster. Also with the leaf blower you have gas and oil smoke / residue blowing around with it, no thanks, never again. Master Blaster gets :thumbs::thumbs:

blitzebill 02-12-2013 02:48 PM

and they cost over $200 right?

GARYFINN 02-12-2013 02:52 PM

$339.00 right now !!

boraxman 02-12-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Homer3D (Post 1583103721)
I just use my electric leaf blower. Works well at 90% less than cost of a Master Blaster.

:iagree: 100%

GSRANDY 02-12-2013 03:00 PM

Mine works great!

After blowing my Corvette off, a final wipe with a microfiber towel and I'm done..........

Buy it!

Regards,

GSRANDY

Homer3D 02-12-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by GARYFINN (Post 1583104383)
$339.00 right now !!

That is one of the main reasons I would never pick one up. I am sure they work great but for value, $30 electric leaf blower + microfiber cloth and I can dry my car in about 10 minutes. But if a leaf blower is not your thing and you don't want to spend over $300, give this a look.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-471-a...-metrovac.aspx

VET4LES 02-12-2013 03:18 PM

I use a 240 mph Toro. It does an outstanding job and I think I paid around $65 for it. :thumbs:

Don-Vette 02-12-2013 03:19 PM

Black and Decker leaf blower for me. It blows the same air as your master blaster for a fraction of the cost.

beepster 02-12-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Homer3D (Post 1583104455)
That is one of the main reasons I would never pick one up. I am sure they work great but for value, $30 electric leaf blower + microfiber cloth and I can dry my car in about 10 minutes. But if a leaf blower is not your thing and you don't want to spend over $300, give this a look.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-471-a...-metrovac.aspx

:iagree:Except my leaf blower was $19.95 @ Wally World....:D

cegusa 02-12-2013 04:17 PM

I use one. I Mounted next to the overhead door on the wall and have an additional 2 lengths of hoses coupled together to reach well outside the garage. Works excellent for drying and reducing the fine towel marks that are inevitable. I also use it on the low setting to blow out the door jamb and hing areas after a wash as well as the interior when the roof has been off and the interior gets a little dusty. More controllable than a leaf blower. I paid around 300.00 a year and a half ago and would do it again if this one broke or got stolen. :thumbs:

By the way who is that in your avatar Gary? Pretty face for sure!

Stan0324 02-12-2013 04:25 PM

Tad expensive, but, in my opinion well worth it. As already said, its lighter than a leaf blower, gas or electric and it does blow hot air. The nozzel is soft, so if you touch the car by accident, it will not scratch or do any damage.

Maybe you can find someone in your area that has one to give you a demo.

Flame Red 02-12-2013 04:28 PM

Gas leaf blower. No cords to mess with and hurricane force that dries off a car in less than a few minutes.

Boozman 02-12-2013 04:30 PM

I've had one for 3 years and have not had one problems. It gets all the water out.

GARYFINN 02-12-2013 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by cegusa (Post 1583105195)
I use one. I Mounted next to the overhead door on the wall and have an additional 2 lengths of hoses coupled together to reach well outside the garage. Works excellent for drying and reducing the fine towel marks that are inevitable. I also use it on the low setting to blow out the door jamb and hing areas after a wash as well as the interior when the roof has been off and the interior gets a little dusty. More controllable than a leaf blower. I paid around 300.00 a year and a half ago and would do it again if this one broke or got stolen. :thumbs:

By the way who is that in your avatar Gary? Pretty face for sure!

Sarah Shahi :thumbs:

One Kick 02-12-2013 05:03 PM

Have one I used on my HD, got rid of the HD and now I use it on the vette. Works great, I especially like the warmed air and if I remember correctly it is also filtered.:thumbs:
OneKick

RoadkingC6 02-12-2013 05:14 PM

I'm thinking about buying one also, you guys who use leaf blowers be careful if you use an electric one that blows and vacuums up the leaves, i have had dirt debris or whatever that may have been lodged in there from a previous clean up blow out unexpectedly i was using it on my Harley to dry it when it happened and luckily for me the blower wasn't aimed at the bike at that moment but had it been there certainly would have been damage to the paint with how fast the dirt shot out at when it broke loose, just a thought if your gonna use a leaf blower may want to buy one just for the car.

Homer3D 02-12-2013 05:20 PM

my leaf blower only blows. It does not suck.

Before I stated using my leaf blower I was going to try my shopvac since it was really strong. I switch it from suck to blow and did it ever. I didn't have it pointed at my car just at the floor. Not only did it blow everything away it also spit out all the dirt that was trapped in the hose. So I bought a leaf blower instead.

NYC-Style 02-12-2013 05:34 PM

I also use a leaf blower (electric)...I duct taped a wet/dry vac hose (10') to it so I don't have to pick it up. I just couldn't justify the cost of a Master Blaster which I'm sure is a great product...good luck!:thumbs:

R&L's C6 02-12-2013 05:44 PM

Have one, use it, love it. :thumbs:

bahamabum 02-12-2013 05:45 PM

I do! Love it! use it weekly on my daily driver vette and my not so daily driver tahoe, makes quick work and no stray water to get loose on first drive!

PO10TIAL 02-12-2013 05:57 PM

Had one, unfortunately it was in my garage during Sandy and it drowned...... however, it is a pretty cool thing to own and does a nice job (much like a leaf blower).... what I liked about it is if you live in a cold climate and like to wash your car on cooler days ie: 40 degrees it really kept my hands warm while drying the car, other than that get a leaf blower ....

speedy77 02-12-2013 06:28 PM

Love it. Awesome for around mirrors, lights, wheels, etc.
But still need to spray detail after drying, leaves streaks. My cars black, can't hide anything.

STiRob 02-12-2013 06:54 PM

I have one and love it. It takes me about 10 minutes to blow the car dry after that 5 minutes of touch up with some detail spray and a microfiber towel and Im done.

z06clif 02-12-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by GARYFINN (Post 1583103678)

Its everything its advertized to be and more. Also made in the U.S.A.Some vendors will include a mounting bracket and add a year on to the warranty.

Clif

ZBADESTZ@Straightline 02-12-2013 08:05 PM

One thing you need is a good circut to support the draw from it also

Rich Mickol 02-12-2013 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by VET4LES (Post 1583104583)
I use a 240 mph Toro. It does an outstanding job and I think I paid around $65 for it. :thumbs:

:iagree:

ThrottleUp 02-12-2013 11:28 PM

I forgot how much I paid, it's good for me without a question. I have it hanging from the wall next to my car and just move the hose around to dry it...... also have the Master Blaster vaccum, it really sucks..... :rofl:

Fly'n Family 02-12-2013 11:56 PM

Love my MB. I purchased mine shortly after purchasing my Vette, and have not used any mf cloths on the ride to dry it - and it shows.

It's also a tough unit, as I use to to blow out my garage and in the fall use it to do all the leaves in the yard. Thought it was pricey, but to me - it's been easily worth the investment.

mpuzach 02-13-2013 12:04 AM

I've had my Master Blaster for two years and love it. Contrary to what some here believe, a leaf blower does not do the same things as the Master Blaster. The biggest difference is that the Master Blaster heats the air it puts out, significantly reducing the time it takes to dry the entire car. It also puts out a lot more air than any leaf blower I've ever used. In addition, it's a whole lot easier to simply hold the hose than to hold an entire leaf blower.

bigblock427 02-13-2013 07:01 AM

I have had one for four years. It works well. You do have to use it a couple of times to learn how to best use it. The water in my area is a little hard. So I sometimes have to touch up a couple of spots with a micro fiber towel and some detail spray.

CyberGrayGS 02-13-2013 07:12 AM

c6 CHEVY 02-13-2013 07:12 AM

I bought the one with the blower on one end and the vacuumed on the other. It BLOWS and SUCKS. Also by Metropoliton. Very nice!

v1 rot8 02-13-2013 12:03 PM

Been using mine for 3 years or so now, love it for the reasons already mentioned. Does not work as well on cars in need of a wax job.

tjl5709 03-02-2013 04:20 PM

Leaf blowers work, but are cumbersome and do not heat the air. I used my HD detachable shop vac for awhile, but I bit the bullet for the MB 4 years back. Much easier to use, and the heated air is a big help drying the mirrors and tail lights. No regrets.

ZO ZICK 03-02-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Homer3D (Post 1583103721)

GordyRay 03-02-2013 04:38 PM

Airforce Blaster works great!

Just as GSRandy stated: 10 mins of blowing & 5 mins of microfiber towel. No water dripping later. Great on the cracks, rims, and lights and tires and glass. Worth the expense.
:salute:

wayback 03-02-2013 04:59 PM

I have one and the only problem is it keeps blowing the breaker in my garage. Even if only one motor is working. 15A breaker should be enough right? The wall plugs are only 15A. Might need to change the breaker.

RoadkingC6 03-02-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1583260040)
I have one and the only problem is it keeps blowing the breaker in my garage. Even if only one motor is working. 15A breaker should be enough right? The wall plugs are only 15A. Might need to change the breaker.

The wiring in the wall for that circuit is most likely a 14 gauge wire which is rated for 15 amps, changing the breaker to a 20 amp on that circuit exceeds the capacity of that gauge wire, if the panel is in your garage look into adding a dedicated 20 amp circuit just below the panel using a 12 gauge wire.

KFehling 03-02-2013 07:25 PM

$330!!! Just get the Sidekick for drying the car and use a regular vacuum for everything else. I have the Metro Vacuum SK-1 Air Force Blaster Sidekick Compact & Portable Motorcycle Dryer from Amazon and it was only $78. WELL worth it.

Kurt

wayback 03-02-2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by RoadkingC6 (Post 1583260746)
The wiring in the wall for that circuit is most likely a 14 gauge wire which is rated for 15 amps, changing the breaker to a 20 amp on that circuit exceeds the capacity of that gauge wire, if the panel is in your garage look into adding a dedicated 20 amp circuit just below the panel using a 12 gauge wire.

:thumbs: I was wondering if it was a weak breaker. Not sure about the garage, but all the wire I have seen inside the house has been 12 ga. even the switches. Will pull a plug and see.

Nanook 03-02-2013 08:16 PM

I have one and mounted it to the wall in the garage next to my central vac and use the central vac hose (which I use only for garage use) with the blaster...works great.
I have a powerful Stihl gas blower and there is no comparison...blaster is better for drying and much easier to handle..

vettman96 03-02-2013 08:51 PM

I'll stick with my air compressor. Never had a problem with it.

CMCvette 03-02-2013 09:01 PM

So these things don't blow water where it shouldn't be, or do you avoid the brake areas?

SquareHead 03-02-2013 09:09 PM

I have the Side Kick, or whatever it's called, for my motorcycles. I really like it. I just ordered the Master Blaster for my cars...

Nanook 03-02-2013 09:14 PM

In addition to the air speed and volume (and pressure if you use one of the smaller nozzles) the air comes out quite heated...with the vacuum hose on I can barely hold the nozzle it gets so hot and that really helps with the drying..

RoadkingC6 03-02-2013 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1583261112)
:thumbs: I was wondering if it was a weak breaker. Not sure about the garage, but all the wire I have seen inside the house has been 12 ga. even the switches. Will pull a plug and see.

The Master Blaster is advertized on Amazon as drawing 18 amps, 1800 watts i'm sure that is at peak start up, but it wouldn't surprise me that it would trip if it's on a 15 amp circuit breaker, especially if there is other stuff running on that same circuit, if you find out the entire circuit is wired in 12 gauge wire, then it is safe to just change the breaker size to a 20 amp, but keep in mind if someone is vacuuming in another room for example on that same circuit even on a 20 amp breaker you could still trip the new breaker which is why i might reccommend a new dedicated circuit in the garage if it's easy to get to the panel and in my garage i use that same dedicated circuit to run my compressor

Pinky... 03-02-2013 09:56 PM

Still BR600. Your over half way there with the Master Blaster, but the BR puts out ten times more air and you can do some nifty yard projects with it.

barduch 03-02-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1583260040)

I had the same problem. Dedicated circuit with 20 amp breaker, heavy duty receptacle, and 12 gauge wire solved the problem for me too. I really like my MB. It is great on the tail lights, mirrors, door jambs, engine compartment, emblems, plexi hood window, all of the body panel seams, wheels, and the lug nut cutouts in the wheels. :thumbs:

Snowwolfe 03-02-2013 10:11 PM

I have one, used it on my 09 for the three years I owned it. Its a good tool if you use it with towels but not a once step plan by its self.
Weird thing though, just seen the new owner in Costco the other day and asked him about the car. Told me he had a problem with one of the tail lights to the tune of $500. Dealer told him the light/wiring was corroded. Never gave it much thought until seeing this thread. Now I wonder if forcing water through the tail lights might of caused the corrosion. The blaster cartaintly has enough power to do that.
Not saying it did.............just has me thinking.

CyberGrayGS 03-03-2013 09:23 AM

GARYFINN 03-03-2013 10:21 AM

After having one for a few weeks wouldn't be without a MB.:thumbs:

Killrwheels@Autogeek 03-03-2013 12:56 PM

We offer the Master Blaster and guarantee the best price in writing. We also carry them in stock so no waiting for shipping from manufacturer or backorder.

I originally used a leaf blower for years and suggested it here due to the price difference. I met the owner at Detailfest and got a chance to use the product. He said buy it, use it, and I guarantee we will take it back if you dont like it. So I took him at his word and NEVER looked back. The nozzle, power of air, and its mobility and weight is so much easier to use than a leaf blower. Everyone that uses it ends up buying one and I have neightbors impressed with its use and outcome. They ALWAYS think its vacuum until they see it in action.

Spend the $$ and treat yourself and your ride to the best drying tool. Sometimes its more than just the initial cost, but the value of the product and uses. Think of other uses like the interior, ever needed to get those crumbs or partials out of the leather stiching, ain't gonna work with a leaf blower.

Quick story .... I noticed my A/C was turning on and off rather quickly in the house. It turned out the pan was full of water and hitting the shutoff protection. So I remember on the annual inspection they blow out the water line with a vacuum. I grabbed my MB from the garage, the nozzle fit perfectly, and blew out the line and the water in pan immediately went down as it should. Saved over 100.00 in A/C visit. My leaf blower could not have done that !!!!

Nanook 03-03-2013 01:13 PM

I was always skeptical to wash my engine bay only because if you didn't dry it properly it would develop water spots/stains.
Now with the blaster I can completely dry all the tough to get to areas.

And boy you think the area around the hood window is dry with normal washing & dying you should see the amount of water that the blaster blows out of that area.

It's also great to blow the dust out of the dash/console and cabin interior..

TOBASCO 03-03-2013 01:25 PM

Works fantastic. I've used a leaf blower in the past. Does it work - of course. But it is about a 3 on a scale of 10 compared to the Master Blaster.

If you want speed of completion, powerful focused air handling, ability to get all the water out of nooks and crannies fast, provide warm air, and is very easy to use, it's everything you're hearing about it.

Just about the only downside to it is that is does draw a lot of power (which is why it works so well) - so I would definitely recommend a dedicated outlet for its use. I had it on the same line as a deep freezer in the garage and it typically blew a fuse with each use. Now, no problems.

Gman in NC 03-03-2013 01:28 PM

Same here. Works for me. I use it on the C6 and my motorcycles as well.

spinkick 03-03-2013 01:55 PM

Its great, but I have switched to a no-rinse wash system so I dont need it as much if at all

427 Pilot 03-03-2013 01:57 PM

240 mph leaf blower works great for me. Like others have mentioned they only cost around $65. :cheers: