CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The Bottom Line (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3215162-the-bottom-line.html)

VetteDrmr 02-10-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1583076895)
VetteDrmr, great Corvette roads up your way. Some better imho than the Dragon

Oh yeah. Some are short but fun within 15 minutes of Hot Springs, some can be full-on day trips (or longer). Hwy 7 from I-30 up through Hot Springs and further north are fantastic, plus Hwy 71 from Ft. Smith up to Fayetteville.

Lots of places that have no noteriety like the Dragon, but lots of fun!

Garrett/Terry/Bob, y'all need to get a cruise up this way! If you do toss me a PM/email, we'll set up a nice route.

Y'all have a good one,
Mike

User 2623 02-11-2013 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD (Post 1583081658)
Record car sales occurring right now dude.

The recession has been over for 2 years.

Get a clue.

U'hmmm there are many that will argue with you.
But don't be so self assured the bubble your living in is safe from harm.

MikeyTX 02-11-2013 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr (Post 1583090095)
Oh yeah. Some are short but fun within 15 minutes of Hot Springs, some can be full-on day trips (or longer). Hwy 7 from I-30 up through Hot Springs and further north are fantastic, plus Hwy 71 from Ft. Smith up to Fayetteville.

Lots of places that have no noteriety like the Dragon, but lots of fun!

Garrett/Terry/Bob, y'all need to get a cruise up this way! If you do toss me a PM/email, we'll set up a nice route.

Y'all have a good one,
Mike

:thumbs::cool:

Larry/car 02-11-2013 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by TractionControlOff (Post 1583073656)
I think one of the reasons C6 sales declined was due to speculation of this C7. This car has been hyped for years now.

:iagree: I'm the perfect example. Didn't purchase in 2010 because the C7 was on the horizon. In hind sight, I should have because production will not commence until fall. Early deliveries will be sold at a premium price, if you can get one. My current C6 is starting to show a little abrasion, the newness is wearing off.

sam90lx 02-11-2013 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by alanhang (Post 1583082459)
remember, a full year of production. Not model year, a full 12 months of production. So on that basis what is the bet?

Ok, 20 bucks for ***** and grins! ( 1 less lap dance if I lose )

I think everyone is going to wait for the bad ass rides and all the upgrades in year 2 so you lose!:D

We can hammer out starts days and what not later....and dont disappear when I come around to collect. lol

speedlink 02-11-2013 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD (Post 1583081658)
Record car sales occurring right now dude.

The recession has been over for 2 years.

Get a clue.

Ya, recession is over. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl:

R&L's C6 02-11-2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by speedlink (Post 1583097159)
Ya, recession is over. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl:

Yep, for two years..:lolg::lolg::lolg:

flange 02-11-2013 08:22 PM

From my chair, lets see..home sales here are brisk, money for auto, home and other loans is easy to get, people are at the malls buying things they dont need, businesses are hiring, so it seems that the recession is in the rearview.

The question really becomes is it due to the artificially low interest rates designed to help reset the economy by screwing with the dollar's valuation in the global market, or true recovery? I know that the engineering cycle is very busy here, meaning construction starts are picking up as well. that is usually a good indicator.

knowing this, I am planning on geting a C7 vert at the museum as soon as I can.

b4i4getit 02-11-2013 09:13 PM

The problem is there is a lot to choose from in this price range. Once the hype dies down and the have_to_have_it_first types make their purchase I wonder what will really happen. If the younger demographic does not aspire to get this car I question the future of the car.

rcallen484 02-11-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1583098547)
The problem is there is a lot to choose from in this price range. Once the hype dies down and the have_to_have_it_first types make their purchase I wonder what will really happen. If the younger demographic does not aspire to get this car I question the future of the car.

In view of the overwhelmingly positive response reported here on the Forum by those of every age WHO HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE CAR IN PERSON, what is your concern?

b4i4getit 02-11-2013 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1583098720)
In view of the overwhelmingly positive response reported here on the Forum by those of every age WHO HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE CAR IN PERSON, what is your concern?

I will make it easier for you to understand. I have seen the car in person as well. Yes it is nice but it is just a car. And like I said if the younger buyers do not want the car it will never make the sales number it needs to survive. Positive feelings for a car do not automatically translate into sales. I hope you can understand that. :lol:

rcallen484 02-11-2013 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1583098771)
I will make it easier for you to understand. I have seen the car in person as well. Yes it is nice but it is just a car. And like I said if the younger buyers do not want the car it will never make the sales number it needs to survive. Positive feelings for a car do not automatically translate into sales. I hope you can understand that. :lol:

OK, let me make it VERY SIMPLE for you. If a car the overwhelming majority of people like is not the best GM could have done, WHAT IS? :lol: :lol:

b4i4getit 02-11-2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1583098816)
OK, let me make it VERY SIMPLE for you. If a car the overwhelming majority of people like is not the best GM could have done, WHAT IS? :lol: :lol:

Read the original post Einstein and take my responses in the proper context. I have nothing to prove to you. Its called an opinion. :ack: