CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/)
-   -   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN Chicago 2013 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes/3214854-muscle-car-and-corvette-nationals-aka-mcacn-chicago-2013-a.html)

Bashton 02-08-2013 12:05 PM

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN Chicago 2013

5th Anniversary MCACN 2013 MUSCLE CAR AND CORVETTE NATIONALS

We are pleased to announce The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals crew is gearing up for our 5th Anniversary show, November 23-24, 2013.

Many thought it couldn't be done, but we have proven there is enough interest to have a true enthusiast based show for those of us devoted to Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and Corvettes. Our team is more devoted then ever to continue to "raise the bar" and produce a show for cars that are rarely, and often times never, seen by the public.

We are a show for enthusiasts, run by enthusiasts. With that being said, it is not too soon to put the big red circle around the dates on your new 2013 calandar and start planning now.

The show will return to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, (greater Chicago), Illinois. We will again host over 500 of the finest and rarest Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and Corvettes. We will also have two separate area’s for cars offered for sale. We had over 560 cars from 27 states in 2013.

A few of our Special displays this year include a special Anniversary Showcase display for 1963 and 1973 Super Duty Pontiac's, one devoted to the absolute best and rarest Z/28 Camaro's, one for '73 Stage 1 Buick's, one for real Baldwin-Motion cars and our Vintage Certification area for unrestored original cars.

Of course, one of the most popular parts of the show is our Corvette Central Triple Diamond Corvette display and competition for original and restored Corvettes that have already achieved both NCRS Top Flight AND Bloomington Gold status.

Do to the extreme popularity, we will again host the Barn Find/Hidden Gems display, hosted by the Automotive Archeologist, Ryan Brutt along with the Shelby Snakepit and our Muscle BIKES displays.

There will be additional special and invitational displays announced as we finalize details in the coming months, and as always, we welcome your suggestions.

This year we will have THREE area’s for commercial displays with spaces starting at just $200 per 10x12' spot. National and local automotive related vendors, suppliers and restoration shops are welcome.

For general information, check out www.mcacn.com

To see what the media says; http://www.mcacn.com/Media.htm Includes lots of new coverage from our 2012 show. This includes observations from Rob Wolf in the latest issue of MCG.

For host hotel information; http://www.mcacn.com/hotels.htm Direct links for the DoubleTree and the Embassy suites will be added soon or feel free to call the hotels directly now.

For car show and vendor applications; http://www.mcacn.com/entry.htm Registration is NOW OPEN.

Any questions, feel free to e-mail Bob Ashton at bashton426@gmail.com or call 586-549-5291.

THANKS!

Bob Ashton
Managing Member
MCACN, LLC

Bashton 02-27-2013 12:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been getting some awesome press! Here is a link to the various magazine features we know of to date, including the new March issue of Muscle Car Review;

http://www.mcacn.com/Media.htm

Click on the covers to see the full features.

All four hotels are now on our website with some great deals on rooms, so book yours now!

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

SinisterC6 02-27-2013 01:54 PM

I've been going to these for the past couple years and it has always been a lot of fun. Im hoping to be able bring my car down one of these years

Bashton 03-05-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by SinisterC6 (Post 1583232911)
I've been going to these for the past couple years and it has always been a lot of fun. Im hoping to be able bring my car down one of these years

Thanks for the kind words. We work all year long to make this show something special for our participants and our spectators. 2013 is going to be another outsatnding year for MCACN!

Bashton
www.mcacn.com

KBow_Photo 03-05-2013 05:16 PM

You guys have one of the best shows in America.

Bashton 03-12-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS (Post 1583286356)
You guys have one of the best shows in America.

Thanks for the kind words! We work very hard all year long to produce the best possible show, and we have some great things in store for 2013.

We also always welcome any idea's or input.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

punz 03-12-2013 08:44 PM

"We also always welcome any idea's or input."

I think it would be cool if you can feature a couple local car clubs every year. Maybe put out an invite and pick a few clubs to participate and change the line up every year. There are a lot of people in the North Shore Corvette Club who ask every year if we're are going, remembering the Vette Fest days, with 20 club cars or so having a blast. I know the whole format of the show has changed but throwing in a small corner of the show for local car clubs, with their prime club cars, might be kind of nice, call it the local car club corner and give out a special award or two. Just an idea. Keep up the good work. :thumbs:

KBow_Photo 03-12-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by punz (Post 1583347752)

I think it would be cool if you can feature a couple local car clubs every year. Maybe put out an invite and pick a few clubs to participate and change the line up every year. There are a lot of people in the North Shore Corvette Club who ask every year if we're are going, remembering the Vette Fest days, with 20 club cars or so having a blast. I know the whole format of the show has changed but throwing in a small corner of the show for local car clubs, with their prime club cars, might be kind of nice, call it the local car club corner and give out a special award or two. Just an idea. Keep up the good work. :thumbs:

I remember going to club meetings with Chicagoland North and how angry some seemed that some of their cars weren't allowed

Bashton 03-29-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by punz (Post 1583347752)

Thanks for the suggestion. We welcome club participation, and have several clubs that participate on a regular basis, rotating their entries each year.

The biggest change between MCACN and the old CVF is that we strictly limit the amount of later model cars and also similiar cars. We do this so that we can offer a well balanced show with a wide variety of cars. Since we are mixed make, we are able to draw many cars from a much larger area, which allows us to "raise the bar" and in turn, our overall standards.

In the old days, a check got you into the show, and there were always a large amount of later model cars along with what I call cruise night cars. Believe me, I love these cars (and that is actually what I own), but I cant see asking our spectators to pay to see cars they can see on any given night in the Chicagoland area in the warmer season.

Since this was such a big change from the old format, many thought we were crazy and were indeed upset, as they had always returned annually to CVF. This is my full time job and I am now able to spend the full year recruiting cars from across the country to create the absolute best posssible show with the best of the best and the rarest of the rare. Under my former employment, this was not possible as the owners of that company were OK with the type of show they had. Obviously, since that show no longer exists, that was not the way to remain viable.

I am happy to say the changes made to create the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show have allowed us to produce what is clearly the best and largest All Indoor specialty show for these types of cars. Yes, that is a strong statement, but with the comittment my partners have made, it is a statement shared by many.

I truly appreciate the continued support and welcome any clubs with prime cars to join us as participants or spectators.

Also; we offer FREE club meeting rooms and have a discounted club ticket program. E-mail me at bashton426@gmail.com for details.

THANKS!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton 03-29-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS (Post 1583348063)
I remember going to club meetings with Chicagoland North and how angry some seemed that some of their cars weren't allowed

We welcome participation from the Chicagoland North club who have suitable cars, and we have several members on our Judging team and staff. I know there are some great cars among the membership!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton 03-29-2013 10:47 AM

And speaking of recruiting great cars, here is an announcement about three that are coming in from California;

Confirmed; a Matching Set of Silver L/88 Roadsters, 67, 68 and 69. Seeing even one of these is a treat...imagine seeing THREE Silver roadsters, side by side. See them at MCACN V, November 23-24.

Also confirmed; we have an incredible unrestored original 1954 Corvette signed up for our Vintage Certification program.

Just keeps getting better every year. Many Thanks to all who have continued to support what we do. 2013 will be another great year.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton 06-24-2013 09:25 AM

We are geared up and ready to head to Bloomington Gold this week. We will have a display right next to Al Knoch Interiors, so stop by and let us tell you what we have in store for MCACN V this year.

We will also be accepting applications for our Corvette Central Triple Diamond competition, and I will be shooting pictures for our new magazine.

Hope to see you in Champaign!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Bashton 08-28-2013 01:53 PM

We have now confirmed NINE 1967 L/88's for our special 1967 L/88 Invitational display. Kevin Mackay is coordinating this and has a goal of hosting the largest gathering of 1967 L/88's ever seen in one place, and I am confident that he will indeed achieve his goal!

This alone is worth the price of admission, and it is just one of the features of our 2013 show.

Looking forward to seeing many Corvette Forum members at the show, either as participants or spectators.

Thanks for the continued support;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Green LT1 09-16-2013 08:02 AM

Bob, you always put on a fantastic show, and my wife Laurie and I are there every year - would not miss it!

Donny Brass 09-19-2013 08:25 PM

Bob, the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race participants are looking forward to being part of a fantastic show

http://i40.tinypic.com/somgkg.jpg

Bashton 09-23-2013 09:25 AM

Thanks Donnie; your effort in making this a fantastic gathering is much appreciated!

Can't wait to see these babies lined up in Rosemont.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton 09-23-2013 09:29 AM

Anyway, it has been far too long since I have checked in, as we have been incredibly busy preparing for the upcoming MCACN show...and Vicki and I also welcomed TWO new grand-babies to the world this year!

Some really cool things have come together for this year.

As mentioned by Donnie Brass above, we will be hosting our first ever Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags display with an even dozen cars, including Donnie Brass' amazing L79 C2.

Mike Yager will be bringing in the XP-819 for the Mid America Motorworks display.

The owner of one of the real SR-2's will be joining us all the way from the state of Washington.

We will be doing a Premiere Unveiling of one of the '67 L/88's, which will be flanked by matching 1968 and 1969 L/88's, coming in from California.

Charley Hutton of American Hot Rod/Chip Foose fame will be joining us to unveil his latest full restoration, which is the GM Design study 1st Gen Camaro known as The Cherokee.

We now have TWO Corvettes coming in for our Vintage Certification program; a 1954 and a 1966.

We have an Original Owners special display with 14 cars signed up so far, including an awesome big block C2.

We will host our Third Motion Madness Reunion, and we have several Phase III GT's and more in this one. Joel "Mr. Motion" Rosen, Marty Schorr and Joe Oldham will be our special guests for this one.

Richard and Pam Ellis will be joining us with the very first 427 Cobra, CSX #3002.

We will be presenting the Great American Muscle Car Giveaway raffle car, a gorgeous and very real 1970 Olds Rally 350, with 100% of the raffle proceeds going directly to the March of Dimes, with the winner announced right at our show Saturday night. You may be driving home from our show in this car!

Advance discount tickets will go on sale this week.

Our new 64 page magazine will mail out the first week of October. If you aren't on our mailing list, please go to our website and sign up and we'll send one to you! (for free). I will also be at the Mecum Chicago Auction and the Morris IL. Lions Club show distributing them.

Our Corvette Central Triple Diamond display and competition has entrants ranging from 1956-1969 so far.

Thanks for the continued support. I always welcome any idea's, suggestions and feedback. bashton426@gmail.com

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Jeff T. 09-23-2013 10:10 PM

I'm just glad this great event is local!!!

It's a can't miss in my book! :thumbs:

tommyn 09-23-2013 11:28 PM

I was just in Arizona and know of a very special Oldsmobile 442 that will be unveiled there. The restoration is almost complete!

csherman 09-25-2013 09:58 AM

We had our 54 at Bob's show last year and earned out Triple Diamond
I will have to hand it to Bob
It is one of the TOP shows in the country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will not miss it this year