CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   had to let go of the vette ... :( (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3210750-had-to-let-go-of-the-vette.html)

sikkvettec6 01-31-2013 11:32 PM

had to let go of the vette ... :(

I had already posted I was going to get me a viper and keep my vette...but I didn't. I traded her in. I was heart broken. But maybe my next one will be a c7 or a z06/zr1. I still love vettes more than anything. Im used to waving at every single one I see on the road , now they dont wave back lol I have to stop doing that. Maybe I traded it in because my girlfriend who recently left me loved my vette. And there were too many memories made in that car lol (she wanted a zl1) but anyway the viper is a monster! And driving either one takes my mind of things LOL makes me happy. Its a 2010 camaro 2SS/RS built by a friend at a local motorsports shop. It only has 12k and all of the following goodies : big cam installed,American Racing headers,PRC double valve springs, TSP push rods, LMR intake, Dynomax mufflers, Hurst shifter, 4:10 Gears,and BMR subframe bushings. All work done by Laramie autosports with receipts. I justrecently called them so they could send me the dyno sheet but I do know it has close to 600 hp. It sounds pretty nice but doesnt feel faster than my vette lol here are a few pics of the new whips tooken earlier today when I washed em. (BTW camaro5 forum members are way boring. They never ralk about anything exciting like on the vette forums) haha
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...psc45f0d53.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps568af418.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps13c740c1.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...117_221006.jpg

4SUMERZ 01-31-2013 11:37 PM

You did what you wanted to do. :thumbs:
I really like the Viper Look. The Camaro, not as big a fan.
As long as your happy, that's the main thing.

Good Luck :cheers:

Rathmullan 01-31-2013 11:53 PM

Well at least you still have the Camaro.

BTW, is it just me or is there a lot of Vette hating (envy) going on in Camaro 5? I mean, I don't blame anyone for getting a Camaro-- I think they're cool (even though GM, like Ford, isn't creative enough to come out with a genuine 5th Gen, they had to go retro. I'll rue the day they ever do that to the Vette. That'll be the effective end of the Corvette for me).

Boba Fett 02-01-2013 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR (Post 1583002237)

agree completely

sikkvettec6 02-01-2013 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rathmullan (Post 1583002316)
Well at least you still have the Camaro.

BTW, is it just me or is there a lot of Vette hating (envy) going on in Camaro 5? I mean, I don't blame anyone for getting a Camaro-- I think they're cool (even though GM, like Ford, isn't creative enough to come out with a genuine 5th Gen, they had to go retro. I'll rue the day they ever do that to the Vette. That'll be the effective end of the Corvette for me).

Youre right there is alot of hating LOL..I try to defend the vette and their drivers as much as I can. But man..The only reason i find it weird is because on that forum you have all the 6cyl and ss's and zl1's mixed up. you dont know who has what. And they all trash talk the vette..well most of em. There are those who respect em. On here you just have the corvette owners..no corvette is a 6 cyl LOL theyre all gorgeous, either fat booty or narrow body:thumbs:

C6Whatever 02-01-2013 12:19 AM

Glad you're happy! That's what's important. And I do have to say I do LIKE your Viper :thumbs: safe driving and remember you don't have to leave CF. There are lots of peeps here that no longer own vettes but they are still friends:D

Lisa

sikkvettec6 02-01-2013 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by C6Whatever (Post 1583002439)
Glad you're happy! That's what's important. And I do have to say I do LIKE your Viper :thumbs: safe driving and remember you don't have to leave CF. There are lots of peeps here that no longer own vettes but they are still friends:D

Lisa

Yeah thanks! But i must say its alot better when youre on here and you have a vette because you can relate to anything the guys post up on here. I do like everyone on the forums here. always so helpful with everything and what not. corvette owners are by far the best!:cheers:

sikkvettec6 02-01-2013 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR (Post 1583002237)

Thanks..you really need to hear the camaro. I wasnt a big fan either till i turned it on and saw the bright red interior. Its decent ill say

All2Easy 02-01-2013 01:24 AM

People can hate.....

It's your money, you spend it on what you like. Period.

glenB 02-01-2013 06:09 AM

:toetap:

Flh Den 02-01-2013 06:28 AM

I like the Camaro, not for me but I do like them. Good luck with the Viper and please do stick around the forum. I appreciate most everyones input.:cheers:

MikeyTX 02-01-2013 06:32 AM

Pictures of former G F ? Only then can we make a proper determination ..................... :D

Double D Mods 02-01-2013 06:46 AM

Both look nice!

We are vendors too on Camaro5...entirely different than working with all of you guys here I must say!

Speedforhire 02-01-2013 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by sikkvettec6 (Post 1583002900)
........and saw the bright red interior. Its decent ill say

:iagree:........I owned a ZL1 for about 6 months and truly loved the interior. I don't understand why GM can't get it right in the Vette. I chose the ZL1 over the GT500 when I was shopping due to that fact. In the end, I came back to the GS though. I like the prowess of the sportscar over the brute force of the muscle car. :cheers:

Wayne O 02-01-2013 09:49 AM

Life is good....you got the cars you want and you're happy! :thumbs:

tom46818 02-01-2013 09:55 AM

I own Z06, ZR1 and a Viper ACR Vooodoo Edition. I love each car for different reasons! Enjoy the cars you have and do not worry about what anyone else thinks!

peter pan 02-01-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by bobafett (Post 1583002408)
agree completely

:iagree::rock:

RobVette 02-01-2013 11:02 AM

You still own an American icon.:cheers:

sikkvettec6 02-01-2013 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Speedforhire (Post 1583004633)
:iagree:........I owned a ZL1 for about 6 months and truly loved the interior. I don't understand why GM can't get it right in the Vette. I chose the ZL1 over the GT500 when I was shopping due to that fact. In the end, I came back to the GS though. I like the prowess of the sportscar over the brute force of the muscle car. :cheers:

Yeah I agree with you. Ill end up with anotherr vette here sooner than later LOL but ill enjoy these for now

Blue Bandit 02-01-2013 12:44 PM

Okay, I'm going to probably catch hell for this, but here goes. REAL MEN DRIVE VETTES. That's why your gf left. Just talking about selling the vette made her leave. It would make anyone sick. Camaro? Viper? Gag! That's like comparing a steak to a hamburger. A diamond to zirconia. Just stating facts. You should have your ass kicked. ROFL