CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   New perspective from the Brits...fun read! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3207062-new-perspective-from-the-brits-fun-read.html)

BMadden 01-25-2013 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ZIE06Bernie (Post 1582946572)
Hehehe yes he said he liked it and he did the same re other C6 models too. But then he backflipped next program and said they were utter rubbish - and that my friend is about as moronic as it gets. So don't cherry pick the positive stuff to try to make a point. Do a bit of research before going out on a limb with half truths.

Unfortunatley granny, he is more about silly stuff like turning cars into boats and smashing up caravans than decent car stuff. Fifth Gear killed Top Gear in quality car stuff. You can go back to your knitting now.:thumbs:

Ouch, you burned me so bad I guess I'll have to run and hide. NOT!

I stand by what I said about the statement that Top Gear not being for car guys is as moronic as it gets, but if you like boring old Fifth Gear better be my guest and watch it instead.

Oh, and as for half truths, let's talk about you saying he liked other C6s as well because that's not true. He said the Z06 was a great car on the track, but for regular driving it was one of the worst things he'd ever encountered. He said he'd rather have bird flu than drive it every day. Is that enough research for ya?

John_R 01-25-2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1582946886)
Jeremy loved the ZR-1 on his trip from San Francisco to Colorado.

If not mistaken he owns one too.

BMadden 01-25-2013 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Dizzy Vizzy (Post 1582946899)
Hi guys, I'm glad they liked it. I have a question for you guys, and maybe you can help me find this video?

Top Gear explored a car - hilariously - that had two wheels in the back, and one in the front. This was actually SUPPOSED TO BE a mass-production car.

However, when you see how quickly this monstrocity turns over, how quickly it abandondes the road, the whole video becomes quickly hilarious, and even has one of the cars crash a game of Cricket!!!

Anyone?

:hide:

That car was the Reliant Robin. Clarkson driving it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :lol:

allred 01-25-2013 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin' (Post 1582946312)
good catch...I was too lazy to look it up

but I do know 'tallywacker' :D

They do seem to use the word "penis" a lot on Top Gear........so I'm sure the word Tallywacker may creep in from time to time!

Great show, love the different views of Captain Slow, Hamster and that loveable buffoon Clarkson!

alanhang 01-25-2013 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by ZIE06Bernie (Post 1582946084)
Don't worry that dope Geremy will still talk utter rubbish about live rear axles and ox carts whatever. Doubt he would know a live rear axle if it bit him on the bum. And he certainly knows nothing about unsprung weight either.

Top Gear is for non car people to watch to see just how stupid the poor ol poms can be at times - it is everything but a car review show.

Obviously ol Geremy is not a dope but a savvy guy who knows the masses watch rubbish because amazingly the show rates high - but then so does other trashy stuff.

Anyhow I can just see him pretending to chase some European car around the track in the C7 but ensuring he has foot flat to the floor trying his best to make the tail spin away then claim it doesn't handle lol. What a tool. But a funny tool at times.

Some dope that Clarkson is. A multi millionaire a number of times over. Is brilliant and funny on TV, plus has forgotten more than you have ever learned. Your comments are silly.

allred 01-25-2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582946921)
That car was the Reliant Robin. Clarkson driving it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :lol:

LOL, they were colloquially known as "Dog Killers"......if you didn't get it with the front wheel you got it with one of the back wheels. (hey don't shoot me,. I'm only the messenger) and also "Plastic Pigs" .....for more obvious reasons.

The predecessor was the Bond Minicar which dates back to 1949. Some of the earlier models did not have an electric starter and you had to lift the hood and literally kick a kickstarter! Nor did they have a reverse gear......although it was a simple matter to get out and push them when necessary!

Both were dangerous vehicles which should never have been allowed on the road. Not only were their steering geometry capabilities extremely compromised, they were also so light that even a light breeze would often blow them off the road.

lt4obsesses 01-25-2013 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1582946886)
Jeremy loved the ZR-1 on his trip from San Francisco to Colorado.

He kinda liked it here to, in his own way. "You'd have to be bonkers to buy the Corvette, and that is why you should.":D

Hopefully the fit and finish will be tight and the seatbelt loop won't fall off when he drives the C7.

ZIE06Bernie 01-25-2013 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582946906)

I stand by what I said about the statement that Top Gear not being for car guys is as moronic as it gets, but if you like boring old Fifth Gear better be my guest and watch it instead.

Oh, and as for half truths, let's talk about you saying he liked other C6s as well because that's not true. He said the Z06 was a great car on the track, but for regular driving it was one of the worst things he'd ever encountered. He said he'd rather have bird flu than drive it every day. Is that enough research for ya?

Nah granny have to research a bit more for credibility if you want to appear non moronic. Once again you have the half truth - He DID say he liked other C6s in the same video he said the corvette has a live rear axle.

And make sure you watch the link below right thru because then you will know a bit more than the half truth.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/459528/chevy_corvette/

So if you seek truth tune in to Dream Car garage or Fifth gear to get the truth then watch Top Gear for a good entertaining laugh because that is what Geremy is - an entertainer. Very funny at times but has a hatred against anything US and ALWAYS reverses his opinion about Corvettes (even the ZR1 in America one).

:thumbs:

The Dizzy Vizzy 01-25-2013 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582946921)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THAT WAS SOME OF THE FUNNIEST STUFF I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

:cheers:

ZIE06Bernie 01-25-2013 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by alanhang (Post 1582947075)
Some dope that Clarkson is. A multi millionaire a number of times over. Is brilliant and funny on TV, plus has forgotten more than you have ever learned. Your comments are silly.

Think I said he is actually a savvy guy if you actually read it.

Very entertaining and he markets well but the content is often wrong.

As far as I know my corvette does not have a live rear axle so maybe his knowledge is not as good as you think.

Flex182 01-25-2013 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ZIE06Bernie (Post 1582946084)
Don't worry that dope Geremy will still talk utter rubbish about live rear axles and ox carts whatever. Doubt he would know a live rear axle if it bit him on the bum. And he certainly knows nothing about unsprung weight either.

Top Gear is for non car people to watch to see just how stupid the poor ol poms can be at times - it is everything but a car review show.

Obviously ol Geremy is not a dope but a savvy guy who knows the masses watch rubbish because amazingly the show rates high - but then so does other trashy stuff.

Anyhow I can just see him pretending to chase some European car around the track in the C7 but ensuring he has foot flat to the floor trying his best to make the tail spin away then claim it doesn't handle lol. What a tool. But a funny tool at times.

:iagree: But I have a feeling he will like the C7 and all the improvements.

User 2623 01-25-2013 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by mophead (Post 1582946415)
And the Brits give us what, Landrover??

And Jag-u-ar.
The F-Type coupe which is a competitor and I'm eye-in that along wit d vette.

Nitrous Oxide 01-26-2013 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582946906)

Congratulations to you. One of the most stupid posts today.

BMadden 01-26-2013 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide (Post 1582947998)
Congratulations to you. One of the most stupid posts today.

Would you like to point out precisely what is stupid about my post instead of just making a dumbass statement like that? I'll be waiting on pins and needles. :rolleyes:

Davy_Baby9 01-26-2013 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582948023)
Would you like to point out precisely what is stupid about my post instead of just making a dumbass statement like that? I'll be waiting on pins and needles. :rolleyes:

That's because there is nothing stupid about your post. :eek:

purple heart 01-26-2013 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 (Post 1582946548)
The British version of Top Gear is the best car show on television. The British humor is what makes the show, and the reviews and challenges are always great.

:confused:

Top Gear has its moments too, you know.

:willy:

BMadden 01-26-2013 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 (Post 1582948200)
That's because there is nothing stupid about your post. :eek:

Thank you. :cheers:

mustang1999 01-26-2013 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 (Post 1582946548)
The British version of Top Gear is the best car show on television. The British humor is what makes the show, and the reviews and challenges are always great.

I tried watching that show but it seems to be geared to 10 year olds with its simplistic humor. I guess the type of people who are entertained by all those fully scripted shows pretending to be reality shows can find top gear entertaining.

o2bnkc 01-26-2013 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by mophead (Post 1582946415)
And the Brits give us what, Landrover??

With a GM designed engine that we gave them.

~Stingray 01-26-2013 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582945826)
Wow, Top Gear actually really liked it. :cool:

I know right. We should mark this on the calendar.