CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   New perspective from the Brits...fun read! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3207062-new-perspective-from-the-brits-fun-read.html)

$$$frumnuttin' 01-25-2013 07:53 PM

New perspective from the Brits...fun read!

The TopGear folks sound off...be sure to read the comments at the bottom of the article...notice they refuse to call the event 'The North American International Auto Show' (did I really type all of that out?)...but the C7 is the star no doubt.:cheers: plus a few British words we don't use here in the USA...always interesting to the linguists among us.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/new...TER_2013-01-25

Racer 01-25-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin' (Post 1582945741)
The TopGear folks sound off...be sure to read the comments at the bottom of the article...notice they refuse to call the event 'The North American International Auto Show' (did I really type all of that out?)...but the C7 is the star no doubt.:cheers: plus a few British words we don't use here in the USA...always interesting to the linguists among us.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/new...TER_2013-01-25

Wow, Top Gear actually really liked it. :cool:

BlueOx 01-25-2013 08:26 PM

I guess we'll see how much they like it when they've driven it.

Davy_Baby9 01-25-2013 08:31 PM

I totally read that in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.

ZIE06Bernie 01-25-2013 08:31 PM

Don't worry that dope Geremy will still talk utter rubbish about live rear axles and ox carts whatever. Doubt he would know a live rear axle if it bit him on the bum. And he certainly knows nothing about unsprung weight either.

Top Gear is for non car people to watch to see just how stupid the poor ol poms can be at times - it is everything but a car review show.

Obviously ol Geremy is not a dope but a savvy guy who knows the masses watch rubbish because amazingly the show rates high - but then so does other trashy stuff.

Anyhow I can just see him pretending to chase some European car around the track in the C7 but ensuring he has foot flat to the floor trying his best to make the tail spin away then claim it doesn't handle lol. What a tool. But a funny tool at times.

allred 01-25-2013 08:36 PM

"Lairy"
British slang: Displaying an aggressive attitude in order to provoke a fight, argument or any verbal or physical confrontation.

ChefMark 01-25-2013 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 (Post 1582946082)
I totally read that in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.

:rofl:Same here

$$$frumnuttin' 01-25-2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by allred (Post 1582946134)
"Lairy"
British slang: Displaying an aggressive attitude in order to provoke a fight, argument or any verbal or physical confrontation.

good catch...I was too lazy to look it up

but I do know 'tallywacker' :D

mophead 01-25-2013 09:09 PM

And the Brits give us what, Landrover??

BMadden 01-25-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZIE06Bernie (Post 1582946084)

Top Gear is for non car people to watch to see just how stupid the poor ol poms can be at times - it is everything but a car review show.

Lighten up, grandpa. Saying Top Gear is for non car people is about as moronic as it gets. I'm a "car guy" and it's hands down one of my favorite shows on TV. Guess you missed the episode where he gushed over the ZR1. Don't just cherry pick the negative stuff to try and make a point. :rolleyes:

Z06Fiend 01-25-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582946421)
Lighten up, grandpa. Saying Top Gear is for non car people is about as moronic as it gets. I'm a "car guy" and it's hands down one of my favorite shows on TV. Guess you missed the episode where he gushed over the ZR1. Don't just cherry pick the negative stuff to try and make a point. :rolleyes:

:iagree: Great show, and nothing is better than British humor! :thumbs:

Davy_Baby9 01-25-2013 09:24 PM

The British version of Top Gear is the best car show on television. The British humor is what makes the show, and the reviews and challenges are always great.

VETTE-NV 01-25-2013 09:26 PM

Jeremy is a pompous ass but he is funny sometimes.

ZIE06Bernie 01-25-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582946421)

Hehehe yes he said he liked it and he did the same re other C6 models too. But then he backflipped next program and said they were utter rubbish - and that my friend is about as moronic as it gets. So don't cherry pick the positive stuff to try to make a point. Do a bit of research before going out on a limb with half truths.

Unfortunatley granny, he is more about silly stuff like turning cars into boats and smashing up caravans than decent car stuff. Fifth Gear killed Top Gear in quality car stuff. You can go back to your knitting now.:thumbs:

jvp 01-25-2013 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 (Post 1582946548)
The British version of Top Gear is the best car show on television.

..in the world. Period.

/thread

jas

BlueOx 01-25-2013 09:47 PM

There is no doubt he will like it but there is also no doubt he will give it a good razzing. Hopefully he won't poke the rear end with his hand and have it push in easily...:D

John_R 01-25-2013 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by mophead (Post 1582946415)

Lets see,

Rolls Royce, nahhhhhhh BMW owns that.
Bentley Nahhhhhhhh VW owns that.
Jaguar nahhhhhhh Tata owns that
Land Rover damn Tata owns that too
Aston Martin well FORD used to own it, but there are in talks to be owned too.

Scratch 01-25-2013 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by mophead (Post 1582946415)

Aston Martin

elegant 01-25-2013 10:00 PM

Jeremy loved the ZR-1 on his trip from San Francisco to Colorado.

The Dizzy Vizzy 01-25-2013 10:02 PM

Hi guys, I'm glad they liked it. I have a question for you guys, and maybe you can help me find this video?

Top Gear explored a car - hilariously - that had two wheels in the back, and one in the front. This was actually SUPPOSED TO BE a mass-production car.

However, when you see how quickly this monstrocity turns over, how quickly it abandondes the road, the whole video becomes quickly hilarious, and even has one of the cars crash a game of Cricket!!!

Anyone?

:hide: