CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 video On Jay Lenos Garage (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3205734-c7-video-on-jay-lenos-garage.html)

TulsaVette 01-24-2013 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bob86gn (Post 1582928380)
Very cool video, I thought it was a 7 speed and BTW Jay, the Z06 is 505/470 - NOT 450/450
I pretty much want one...

:iagree: and by the way they have had navigation since 2005. You would think the guy that designed the thing would know facts.

LEE427 01-24-2013 01:23 AM

Look's fantastic! Makes my 010 Z look a little outdated..

lost07 01-24-2013 06:12 AM

Ed the "designer" said you can get yellow interior @ 7:52

:lol:

coolcat 01-24-2013 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1582927326)
At 4:00 I got bored and closed the video...then I read a response to the sound of the exhaust and went back. Seriously? I couldn't hear crap when it was started with the cameraman at the driver side door.

And what's with everyone being on Jay Leno's dxxk?

I am sure there are plenty of "car guys" out there that can speak a little more intelligently.

The C7 release video had so much more appeal than this boring clip.

I was hoping that the video would continue, when Jay went for a spin around the block.
Would have been nice, with a camera in the C7, to get his impressions of the car while driving it.

coolcat 01-24-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by vankenn (Post 1582927401)
When I first saw this red on black c7, I told myself how ugly it is. Now when I see this red on black c7, I told myself how god damn sexy it is

Nope, the red C7 with black wheels, is still an incredibly ugly combination. :ack:

That's probably why Jay didn't seem to be thrilled, when Ed was showing him the C7.

sprtplt 01-24-2013 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stingray23 (Post 1582927396)
I'm convinced Ed knows nothing about Corvettes.

He really comes off like this doesn't he? Is this the guy supposedly "responsible" for the C7?? Seems more like someone quickly filled in on bits and pieces at the last minute, and he gets them all mixed up.

R&L's C6 01-24-2013 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sprtplt (Post 1582929094)
He really comes off like this doesn't he? Is this the guy supposedly "responsible" for the C7?? Seems more like someone quickly filled in on bits and pieces at the last minute, and he gets them all mixed up.

:iagree:

When you watch Tadge you can tell he knows every square inch of the Corvette, Ed, not so much..:crazy:

-CM- 01-24-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by lost07 (Post 1582928884)
Ed the "designer" said you can get yellow interior @ 7:52

:lol:

Right, Jay was thinking that the dash trim matches the body color, so if you get a yellow car, you get yellow trim.

That would actually be a cool option.

Big Dan 427 01-24-2013 08:43 AM

At 1:27 look at how cloudy the paint is around the Stingray emblem, looks terrible! Also what's up with the Nascar type spoiler, way too tall IMO! This is the most upclose video I've seen and I like it even less now! Sorry don't get all upset but I still don't get the excitement over the car! I loved when he was talking weight, isn't the car no lighter than it was? And I know Jay is not a small guy but he's not huge either and he looked crammed in the drivers seat!

CRABBYJ 01-24-2013 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by -CM- (Post 1582929441)
Right, Jay was thinking that the dash trim matches the body color, so if you get a yellow car, you get yellow trim.

That would actually be a cool option.

Maybe Ed has too many confusing facts in his head about other GM Cars, or he let slip what's to come in future C7 changes for upgrade models or after the 2014 model year! :flag:

CorvetteJimZ06 01-24-2013 09:08 AM

Thanks for posting! The best video I've seen on the C7. One of the first in depth looks at the interior and instrument cluster. The more I see the C7 the more I like it.

Hemi Dave 01-24-2013 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 69 (Post 1582926514)
Ed was nervous, as Jay (The Ultimate Corvette Car Guy!) did not show the enthusiasm for this car as he has in the past for Corvette.
Here is a video link of Jay and his Corvette as an example. Note Jays comments in the Vid !

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...te-z06/526277/

I disagree.....

Jay said the C7 was "revolutionary", ...."...a really exciting car." and... "beautiful".......and thats without even getting to really drive it.

He also said it looks like a 200K or 300K car.

Pretty good review in my book from the car guy :thumbs:

hey32g 01-24-2013 10:10 AM

Nice to have a real car guy like Leno talk about it.

That car just melts me. My gosh!

As my 12 year old said to his twin brother when we watched the unveiling online, "dang, you can have Lamborghini, that's awesome!!!"

BlueOx 01-24-2013 10:32 AM

A. Leno clearly wanted to have it on his show.
B. Leno clearly likes the Corvette brand and owns a number of them.
C. Leno clearly really liked the 2014 Stingray specifically enough to gush about it.
D. Leno clearly stated he wanted to drive it.
E. Ed is the head of Design, not the C7 Head of Marketing or the C7 Chief Engineer. I can forgive him for having some lapses of knowledge, especially since a lot of what will be final as far as models/options may still be in flux. We don't even know when this video was shot...

rcallen484 01-24-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582930503)
C. Leno clearly really liked the 2014 Stingray specifically enough to gush about it.
E. Ed is the head of Design, not the C7 Head of Marketing or the C7 Chief Engineer. I can forgive him for having some lapses of knowledge, especially since a lot of what will be final as far as models/options may still be in flux. We don't even know when this video was shot...

You can add that Leno's mechanical interests go WAY beyond Corvettes and cars, in general. He is a true gearhead and his collection includes a vast number of motorcycles, antique vehicles and even old steam and electric engines. He has poured literally millions upon millions into his garage and the ongoing costs must be enormous.

riverway 01-24-2013 10:41 AM

Great Video

Originally Posted by FrankLP (Post 1582927220)
In the context of Jay's comment I took it as a very good thing...and I agree...as he states that what he finds exciting is that any little picture you take of it, you'd guess European...$200,000 - $300,000...Ferrari, Lamborghini...in that category.

Great video...love it!!!

Agreed!!! This is a great car and is going to kick the very expensive competition off the continent..:canadaflag:

LS WON 01-24-2013 11:11 AM

Just viewing C-7 by these pics it looks like RED is the color clearly for this Corvette generation.

jr3 01-24-2013 11:14 AM

Good video

4GS7 01-24-2013 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582930503)

I'm pretty sure it was shot when the car was in AZ for B-J. Leno said they were in Scottsdale.

Okay, so I love the way the brake lights light up. I guess the centers are for turn signals and reverse lights, both of which I approve of. I never liked having brake lights, tail lights, and turn signals in one.

Did anyone else notice that the hatch is even shaped like a Stingray when open?

rcallen484 01-24-2013 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1582931174)
I'm pretty sure it was shot when the car was in AZ for B-J. Leno said they were in Scottsdale.

Okay, so I love the way the brake lights light up. I guess the centers are for turn signals and reverse lights, both of which I approve of. I never liked having brake lights, tail lights, and turn signals in one.

Did anyone else notice that the hatch is even shaped like a Stingray when open?

Clearly true so EVERYONE'S time was really short. And you are correct, those tail lights really are fine works of art.