CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Base C7 in the wild (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3205665-base-c7-in-the-wild.html)

Plaid Rabbit 01-24-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582934449)
Um, apparently you just disregarded everything I previously said, but I'll say it again. I'm TRYING to like it because I want to buy a C7 this fall, but right now I don't like it at all. I am beyond disappointed in the rear end of this car and think it ruins an otherwise beautiful design. Again, I'm hoping I can eventually convince myself the rear end is acceptable, but it's going to be a hard sell. I'll leave it at that.

I agree completely - I've convinced myself the taillights are fine and actually look pretty good on a black car, however the blacked out bottom half of the rear end is absolutely hideous on an otherwise very nice looking car. I know, I know - I'm a hater - sorry in advance to all those who I offended.

rcallen484 01-24-2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Plaid Rabbit (Post 1582936663)
I've convinced myself

res ipsa loquitur :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Plaid Rabbit 01-24-2013 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582936721)
res ipsa loquitur :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In the common law of negligence, the doctrine of res ipsa loquitur (Latin for "the thing itself speaks") states that the elements of duty of care and breach can be sometimes inferred from the very nature of an accident or other outcome, even without direct evidence of how any defendant behaved. Although modern formulations differ by jurisdiction, the common law originally stated that the accident must satisfy the following conditions:

1.A "duty" exists for a person to act "reasonably"; and
2.A "breach" of this duty occurs because a person [or agency, etc.] acted outside this duty, or "unreasonably"; and
3.There was "causation in fact"...the result would not have occurred "but for" the "breach" of this duty;
4.There was actual legally recognizable harm suffered by the plaintiff who did nothing wrong (i.e., no contributory negligence).
Upon a proof of res ipsa loquitur, the plaintiff need only establish the remaining two elements of negligence—namely, that the plaintiff suffered harm, of which the incident result was the legal cause.

rcallen484 01-24-2013 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Plaid Rabbit (Post 1582936758)
(Latin for "the thing itself speaks")

What color would you like the bottom half of the rear of a black C7 to be? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Plaid Rabbit 01-24-2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582936792)
What color would you like the bottom half of the rear of a black C7 to be? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My apologies - I should have stated more clearly that I believe the new C7 design looks good in black since it essentially makes that ugly as hell black lower half of the rear end a non issue.

In the blue and red that we have seen - the rear end is hideous (and cheap looking).

458it 01-24-2013 09:34 PM

:iagree:

Originally Posted by Plaid Rabbit (Post 1582936851)
My apologies - I should have stated more clearly that I believe the new C7 design looks good in black since it essentially makes that ugly as hell black lower half of the rear end a non issue.

In the blue and red that we have seen - the rear end is hideous (and cheap looking).

jdmvette 01-24-2013 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stew24 (Post 1582929919)
What difference does it make if it's a mule?

was in regards to why there were no stingray emblems on the side and why there are black mirrors on that car.

try and keep up.

:cheers:

mavidatt 01-24-2013 10:11 PM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...post1582937245

here is three corvettes in the wild, one black, blue and i think the other one is orange

User 2623 01-24-2013 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stew24 (Post 1582935073)
Are you the freakin' opinion police around here??? Yes, I think the blacked out back end looks awful, but it's just a paint choice that caused it. Overall the design is beautiful, but blacking out 60% of the rear end takes away from it's overall aesthetic beauty, ... and it's needless. :toetap:

Yea, it seems if you paint the rear disfuser body color the rear end and the rest of the car seem to come together. It's less obtrusive. Most of the best pics of the C7 IMHO have either photshop'd the rear to look more closely matched to the body paint or actually have the same body color.

But this will cost ya, and if your not to fond of the Z51 rims and fell in love with HRE rims in another photoshop - you've got some additonal costs to contend with above an beyond a 3LT level at 70K.

I think the days of vette prices crashig to 12K off sticker are over.
GM will do a limitied allocation and the price for each car will be most likely set at premium.

BMadden 01-25-2013 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Plaid Rabbit (Post 1582936663)
I agree completely - I've convinced myself the taillights are fine and actually look pretty good on a black car, however the blacked out bottom half of the rear end is absolutely hideous on an otherwise very nice looking car. I know, I know - I'm a hater - sorry in advance to all those who I offended.

Look at how much better the rear end on the yellow car looks painted body color instead of the ugly black fascia. I really hope they offer the option of having the rear end all one color.

http://s14.postimage.org/yk7pok01t/mtc7.jpg

BlueOx 01-25-2013 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582938130)
Look at how much better the rear end on the yellow car looks painted body color instead of the ugly black fascia. I really hope they offer the option of having the rear end all one color.

I have been pushing for the OPTION of body-colored vents/diffuser from day one. I think some Stingrays will look better that way. The black and Cyber Grey look fine but other colors not so much.

Plaid Rabbit 01-25-2013 12:27 AM

Questions - If a guy doesn't like a part of the new design (ie. the black rear fascia) is that considered being a "hater"? Or do you need to dislike the entire car to be a "hater"? Is everyone considered a "hater" or a non-"hater" in this forum or is there some category in between? If there is, what is that called? I'm just trying to come up with a classification for myself and others that seem to have similar opinions regarding the new design. Thanks.

Paulchristian 01-25-2013 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582934449)
Um, apparently you just disregarded everything I previously said, but I'll say it again. I'm TRYING to like it because I want to buy a C7 this fall, but right now I don't like it at all. I am beyond disappointed in the rear end of this car and think it ruins an otherwise beautiful design. Again, I'm hoping I can eventually convince myself the rear end is acceptable, but it's going to be a hard sell. I'll leave it at that.

you are wasting your time with that guy bro. You were right form the start. The ignore feature works wonders for people like him. :thumbs:

BMadden 01-25-2013 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Paulchristian (Post 1582938306)
you are wasting your time with that guy bro. You were right form the start. The ignore feature works wonders for people like him. :thumbs:

Thanks. I don't have anyone here on ignore, but there's a first time for everything. :yesnod:

Achmed 01-25-2013 12:53 AM

We've all seen the black Z51 with black wheels, but I'm curious to see how the base model with base wheels will look in black, can someone please photoshop the body black in this shot? Thanks.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...14291440_n.jpg

BMadden 01-25-2013 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Plaid Rabbit (Post 1582938239)

Questions - If a guy doesn't like a part of the new design (ie. the black rear fascia) is that considered being a "hater"? Or do you need to dislike the entire car to be a "hater"? Is everyone considered a "hater" or a non-"hater" in this forum or is there some category in between? If there is, what is that called? I'm just trying to come up with a classification for myself and others that seem to have similar opinions regarding the new design. Thanks.

Having an opinion doesn't make you a "hater" unless of course you run into one of the kool-aid drinkers who says you absolutely, unequivocally have to like every single aspect of the C7 and can never say a disparaging word about it. Some of those people seem like they would have goose stepped behind a certain dictator with a funny mustache.

Personally, I've said in several threads I like pretty much everything about the car except for the rear end. I love the front, I also think it looks good from the side, I really like the upgraded interior and I think it's going to be a world class car for the price. My only gripe has been that the rear doesn't seem to flow well with the rest of the design, but if they offer the lower fascia in body color I think that might go a long way in helping the look. I don't think I'll ever say the rear end looks awesome, but it's something I could accept over time given all the other attributes of the car.

texvette2 01-25-2013 01:14 AM

when you click on and the image first hits you, it does not say
Corvette. Its Asian, than go oh that the new vette. Going
to be interesting to see how this plays out in the market place.

Lose the tiny window and the back end redo, will help. Front
looks good. And redo the Etch A Sketch looking Radio LOL

Stew24 01-25-2013 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582938187)
I have been pushing for the OPTION of body-colored vents/diffuser from day one. I think some Stingrays will look better that way. The black and Cyber Grey look fine but other colors not so much.

I'm telling you all, ... GM gave the base Corvette this strange, high beltline, glossy black diffuser paint job because the upcoming Z06 will have the more beautiful body colored rear end. By doing this, they create instant visual identity separation between the lower car and the higher end car, while adding enhanced beauty to the more expensive Z06.

ExRedRacer 01-25-2013 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Plaid Rabbit (Post 1582938239)

Anytime anyone expresses even a mild dislike of what someone else finds attractive, they will be labeled a hater. My guess is that they are trying to suppress complete and honest appraisals of what is desirable to them by thus applying the label of hater to anyone who dares to express any contrary opinion to their point of view.

Welcome to the forum!

Mew2 01-25-2013 03:01 AM

Is this New Mexico or Arizona? This looks really familiar...isn't there a Macdonalds right there? :P

Think the car looks great, first time you can really tell it from the other generations in my opinion.