CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Base C7 in the wild (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3205665-base-c7-in-the-wild.html)

Kratos-TM 01-24-2013 03:45 PM

Oooohhh noooo..no..no...no...., this car started to grow on me lately, and this pic just set me backwards. Noooo, I'm starting to hate the rear again........just when I was about to get over it........damn....

PWRNXS 01-24-2013 03:46 PM

Don't get me wrong I love the C7, just saw a resemblance when I saw that pic.

rcallen484 01-24-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stew24 (Post 1582932980)
Dude, .. I'm not one of the criers claiming the car or the tail lights look bad.

Here is exactly what you said:

"GM gave us this awful blacked out back end"

What many of you who are critics of all or just a part of the car do not understand is that it is not what you say but how you say it that matters. It is one thing to say that you do not like what they have done with the paint on the rear of the car, it is quite another to say what you said. To add drama (or many think they are saying something that is clever) is to invite an equally dramatic response. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with anyone and everyone offering their honest opinion if they do so in a simple, non-dramatic manner.

Then there are those who say that they are "really trying hard to like it, but..." That is BS! You either like it or not at this point. Your opinion may change over time but NOT because you "tried" to like it.

Way back in 1967, when the Camaro first came out, I thought it looked very plain Jane compared to the Mustang. By the time I graduated from college, I had owned and loved two of them and now consider 1st generation Camaros great classic designs. Rant done :smash:

Paulchristian 01-24-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582933518)

What many of you who are critics of all or just a part of the car do not understand is that it is not what you say but how you say it that matters. It is one thing to say that you do not like what they have done with the paint on the rear of the car, it is quite another to say what you said. To add drama (or many think they are saying something that is clever) is to invite an equally dramatic response. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with anyone and everyone offering their honest opinion if they do so in a simple, non-dramatic manner.

Then there are those who say that they are "really trying hard to like it, but..." That is BS! You either like it or not at this point. Your opinion may change over time but NOT because you "tried" to like it.

Way back in 1967, when the Camaro first came out, I thought it looked very plain Jane compared to the Mustang. By the time I graduated from college, I had owned and loved two of them and now consider 1st generation Camaros great classic designs. Rant done :smash:

with all due respect...just stop talking. I don't even know where to begin with this.

rcallen484 01-24-2013 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Paulchristian (Post 1582933544)
with all due respect...just stop talking. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Just go away.

BMadden 01-24-2013 05:01 PM

OK, I'll bite on this comment since you're in essence calling me and people who think like me out directly. I can honestly say I've tried very hard to like the rear end ever since the reveal and the reason I'm trying so hard to like it is because I really want to buy a new 'Vette this fall. I've looked at every picture and watched every video on this site trying to convince myself the back of this car looks good, but guess what? It's not working!!! The rear end just does not blend with the rest of this car's design and it's a damn shame because IMHO it's the only negative aspect of the C7. Every time I see a picture that I think may look halfway decent I'll see another one like the "in the wild" photo in this thread that shows just how bad the back end of the car looks. If you can't understand that mentality then there's no point trying to reason with you.

rcallen484 01-24-2013 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582934244)
OK, I'll bite on this comment since you're in essence calling me and people who think like me out directly. I can honestly say I've tried very hard to like the rear end ever since the reveal and the reason I'm trying so hard to like it is because I really want to buy a new 'Vette this fall. I've looked at every picture and watched every video on this site trying to convince myself the back of this car looks good, but guess what? It's not working!!! The rear end just does not blend with the rest of this car's design and it's a damn shame because IMHO it's the only negative aspect of the C7. Every time I see a picture that I think may look halfway decent I'll see another one like the "in the wild" photo in this thread that shows just how bad the back end of the car looks. If you can't understand that mentality then there's no point trying to reason with you.

You like it or don't like it. Quit "trying". That is my point.

z edge 01-24-2013 05:10 PM

settle down girls...

DRLC5 01-24-2013 05:20 PM

Why cant GM get the stance correct? C6 and now C7 look like a 4x4.

BMadden 01-24-2013 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582934269)
You like it or don't like it. Quit "trying". That is my point.

Um, apparently you just disregarded everything I previously said, but I'll say it again. I'm TRYING to like it because I want to buy a C7 this fall, but right now I don't like it at all. I am beyond disappointed in the rear end of this car and think it ruins an otherwise beautiful design. Again, I'm hoping I can eventually convince myself the rear end is acceptable, but it's going to be a hard sell. I'll leave it at that.

Stew24 01-24-2013 06:26 PM

It is one thing to say that you do not like what they have done with the paint on the rear of the car, it is quite another to say what you said.

Are you the freakin' opinion police around here??? Yes, I think the blacked out back end looks awful, but it's just a paint choice that caused it. Overall the design is beautiful, but blacking out 60% of the rear end takes away from it's overall aesthetic beauty, ... and it's needless. :toetap:

johnnystock 01-24-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by DRLC5 (Post 1582934443)
Why cant GM get the stance correct? C6 and now C7 look like a 4x4.

The stance is worst than a stock 98 Camaro/Firebird... hello 4X4 mod. Pic makes the car look bad.

BMadden 01-24-2013 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stew24 (Post 1582935073)
Are you the freakin' opinion police around here???

Seems like that's the position he hopes to attain.

Ghostface 01-24-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by PWRNXS (Post 1582933345)

I noticed that too. Good thing I like both.

mazurekd 01-24-2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582926832)
That is why God made spray paint and Plastidip. :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, on my brand new 55-70K car, plastidip. :crazy2:

I thought I liked it more at first, but seeing it on a street, hmmmmm, I don't think I'm in a hurry anymore. It's not just the unsupported roof look, it's... all of it. I might go see it in person at the Chicago show, see if it's better in person, in grey, with the Z51 wheels....

Not sure anymore.

rcallen484 01-24-2013 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stew24 (Post 1582935073)
Are you the freakin' opinion police around here??? Yes, I think the blacked out back end looks awful, but it's just a paint choice that caused it. Overall the design is beautiful, but blacking out 60% of the rear end takes away from it's overall aesthetic beauty, ... and it's needless. :toetap:

I don't care in the slightest what your opinion or anyone else's is. But if you state it in a snarky manner don't complain when you get called on it. Capiche?

rcallen484 01-24-2013 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582935204)
Seems like that's the position he hopes to attain.

See now you are distracting yourself from wanting and trying to like it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rcallen484 01-24-2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by mazurekd (Post 1582935773)
Yes, on my brand new 55-70K car, plastidip. :crazy2:

I thought I liked it more at first, but seeing it on a street, hmmmmm, I don't think I'm in a hurry anymore. It's not just the unsupported roof look, it's... all of it. I might go see it in person at the Chicago show, see if it's better in person, in grey, with the Z51 wheels....

Not sure anymore.

Saw an opening to jump on a band wagon? Good man :thumbs:

Drumhawk 01-24-2013 08:00 PM

Looks like C7 did steal styling cues especially the rear window but no large guy will fit comfortably in the Solstice.

458it 01-24-2013 08:39 PM

OMG thats one nasty picture(1 page c7). It looks like a 4X4 buggy car lol) Looks so narrow and compressed, damn... Thats why ive always liked the c5's dimensions. It was long, wide and low.Looked very solid.
But people say c7 looks better in person and I want to believe it.I hope it looks much bigger. Also, im ok with the taillights, but hope there will be some aftermarket rear bumpers available soon, cause the stock one looks 2 heavy(at least in photos) and I want something more elegant. of coure that should fit the rest of the car... Or maybe when i see the car in person, ill love it just the way it is...