CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 sighting....driving down the street in Tempe, Az !!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3205158-c7-sighting-driving-down-the-street-in-tempe-az.html)

obzidian 01-23-2013 12:44 AM

Any info on a potential release for the z06? Next year? I sure hope so!

VETTE-NV 01-23-2013 01:01 AM

Car looks better without the after-thought spoiler. Would it really have been that difficult to integrate a functional spoiler into the design? Leave that cheap-ass crap to the Mustangs and Camaros.....oooooops!

MikeyTX 01-23-2013 01:28 AM

Haters ................

Geeze ................. First it was the tail lights. Now, it's the base wheel. :willy:

SCM_Crash 01-23-2013 01:39 AM

I don't think it looks bad without the spoiler, but it definitely looks better with it.

I know what I'm getting. :D

jr3 01-23-2013 02:42 AM

The car at BJ had the red interior. Looks like this has the black interior. These latest pics must be the cars with transparent roofs sice the sides are not painted.

twinger01 01-23-2013 04:30 AM

This particular car is a tester and according to the engineer it was the very base model. Jim mero is down in Yuma testing a camouflaged "higher end" model. Probably what will be the Z06 or ZR1. I really tried to get info on that car but he wouldn't budge.
Now as far as this test car goes it is sharp to look at until I got to the rear. It definitely looks better in person than it does pics but it is gonna have to grow on me. I immediately loved the c5 when it came out and the c6 even more and this one I don't immediately love but I do like it.

The interior is definitely an improvement and the base seats are actually really nice. This car had nav and the HUD up and they both seemed good although I wasn't allowed to mess with them. As far as hp goes he was sticking with the 450 number and didn't have weight info. He said there are 2 others that he was meeting up with and that they were gonna be out and about all week so keep your eyes open if u r in the Phoenix area u may see them out cruising.
The engineer was really nice and spent about 20 minutes with me admiring it. Unfortunately the exhaust was quiet so I can't say anything about it.

FrankLP 01-23-2013 06:09 AM

Great info and pics. I prefer the other wheels we've seen on the C7.

It must've been very cool finding one on the road! And ge being able to cruise along side with it. Good for you!!

Shurshot 01-23-2013 07:10 AM

Did you ask for a ride?

I would have :D

CRABBYJ 01-23-2013 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Torch Z (Post 1582918664)
To me, the smoked targa panel looks really funny with the C-pillars just ending at the panel's edge. I think I'd prefer painted edges like the cars at the unveiling.

And, definitely like it without the tacked-on spoiler.

I agree somewhat on the targa panel. I would like to see how it would look with both the carbon fiber and transparent tops body colored on the edge along with the A pillar. Also, the B pillar piece going over the top body colored on the edges but with the center section painted black, smoke, or carbon fiber finished so that the targa top, B pillar halo and the hatch glass all closely match. The B pillar halo, to look right, should have a seam/indentation where the color finishes change near the outer edge.:flag:

FloydSummerOf68 01-23-2013 09:11 AM

My guess?

The engineers tell all the drivers "if anyone stops you, hint at a Z06....even though it doesn't exist yet" lol. I'd love to think that GM would be trolling people like that.

rpanesar 01-23-2013 09:40 AM

why are people shocked at how the base car looks....sans bigger wheels, spoiler, CF roof, mono chromatic mirrors, noisy exhaust? You want the goodies.....you pay. Simple!

K-Spaz 01-23-2013 09:52 AM

Those seats look like you can finally sit IN them instead of ON them. Much better looking than even the marketing pics released so far.

It's gonna be cool when these things finally start hitting the streets for real.

Rapid Fred 01-23-2013 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ (Post 1582919433)
I agree somewhat on the targa panel. I would like to see how it would look with both the carbon fiber and transparent tops body colored on the edge along with the A pillar. Also, the B pillar piece going over the top body colored on the edges but with the center section painted black, smoke, or carbon fiber finished so that the targa top, B pillar halo and the hatch glass all closely match. The B pillar halo, to look right, should have a seam/indentation where the color finishes change near the outer edge.:flag:

Great analysis. Provided the A-pillar is body-colored, blacking out the entire halo (except the edges which connect the A & C pillars) would be a fantastic look. I saw an Aston at the Philly Auto Show yesterday with that treatment and it looked very nice.

msnbound 01-23-2013 12:16 PM

man, I keep going back and forth with the C7.......after looking at these pics, I do not like the rear end again, prior to this, it was growing on me.........when the c6z first came out, i immediately loved the car, not so with this C7..........i guess if i have to keep double guessing myself, i will be keeping my c6z for a lot longer than expected

rcallen484 01-23-2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by msnbound (Post 1582921790)
man, I keep going back and forth with the C7.......after looking at these pics, I do not like the rear end again, prior to this, it was growing on me.........when the c6z first came out, i immediately loved the car, not so with this C7..........i guess if i have to keep double guessing myself, i will be keeping my c6z for a lot longer than expected

If yours is like all others, including mine, while your C6 is always great looking in person you can take some less than flattering pics of it.

twinger01 01-23-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by K-Spaz (Post 1582920413)
Those seats look like you can finally sit IN them instead of ON them. Much better looking than even the marketing pics released so far.

It's gonna be cool when these things finally start hitting the streets for real.

This is true. IN instead ON......so nice.:thumbs:

lt1george 01-23-2013 01:02 PM

Great pic's. A Big Thank you to the person who took the time to get the pic's. The new Corvette will grow on evryone. Tell me you wouldn't want to own one, if money came easy. Keep those pic's coming. :thumbs: :flag:

Stingray23 01-23-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by twinger01 (Post 1582922134)
This is true. IN instead ON......so nice.:thumbs:

Can you talk about the interior. Did you touch the surfaces? How do they feel? How was the fit and finish? were the seats stiffer?

hey32g 01-23-2013 02:04 PM

Great post. This is why I keep getting behind on my work. Gotta stop coming here!!!!

Seriously, thanks for the post. Great info.

twinger01 01-23-2013 02:06 PM

The interior is a lot nicer. The materials looked and felt quite nice. There was some nice stitching on the leather on the doors and dash. The seats were more supportive and actually seemed like they would hold u in place rather than have u sliding all over.