CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   It's time for those in the C7 section... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3202395-its-time-for-those-in-the-c7-section.html)

speedlink 01-18-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1582875686)
I have to side with Tim. The details are out and most have come to the conclusion at this point if you like it or dislike. Those that like it are here for the duration and to learn or discuss as much as they can.

Those that don't, really have to decide why they are still here. If the only reason is to tell people that you don't like it, sorry but those of us that do don't really care if you do or not and frankly, incessant complaining about a point or feature isn't going to change anything at this point with the design (insert C6 headlights) or whether or not the car proceeds and succeeds. When the time comes, vote with your wallet.

If you are still on the fence, stay, read, contribute and learn as much as you can about the car. If there is anything the rest of us can do to help you decide one way or the other I'm more than certain that we would be happy to do that, offer any information that we may have or share any photos that we have from the reveal or from auto showshow. I've been trying to answer every question I can and post every photo I can to illustrate a point or feature if someone has a question.

Obviously, this is a public forum but why would you want to stay on and just beat the point and the topic in to the ground, what point could it possibly serve. The horse is dead, please let it rest in peace.

Paul :cheers:

:iagree::iagree:

speedlink 01-18-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1582876536)
you know exactly what I am saying here; no need to try and "democrat" it to have a different meaning.

:thumbs:

2VettesMike 01-18-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1582875400)
to re-evaluate why you are still here:

I agree!!
to stay (if you are thinking about getting one)?
You bet, saving as we speak!

or to leave (if you've already decided the C7 is not for you)?

Either you're a Corvette enthusiast here - or you are a troll.

When the C6 was officially introduced; those of us that didn't like it had our say; and then we backed-off. We're not here to save our bruised ego; but instead to help each Corvette owner enjoy the heck out of the version they own (or are going to buy).

Lets face it;

you would be in the C1/C2 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

you would be in the C3 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.
Got one, hang out there too!
you would be in the C4 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.
Got one of those too, hang out there as well!
you would be in the C5 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

you would be in the C6 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

Notice, you would't participate in any of the sections that were of Corvette series you weren't interested in.

So, now that it's all official, there's no need for those not liking the C7 to continue to post in this section. Corvette enthusiasts don't rain on other Corvette enthuisasts parades.

http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite....5081191240.jpg

The only bad Corvette is one you don't own but wish you could....

Enjoy

Mike

JoesC5 01-18-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1582876930)
Are you 12 ???

You are stating things I didn't say; or even hint at.

I asked those that have decided that the C7 is not for them to
"re-evaluate" why they would still post negativity in the C7 sectio.,

This is nothing like you want to make it out to be.

You can play word games all you want but the fact is you don't want those who have views that are not in line with your's to butt out.

speedlink 01-18-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by hey32g (Post 1582876606)
They need to add a disappointed section under the C7 forum.

Not really. If you are disappointed, don't participate in the C7 Forum.

Mike Mercury 01-18-2013 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by matthewelle (Post 1582876950)
Last I looked this was a free country and a free forum as well. :salute:

Where has anyone said it shouldn't be?

quote ?

if you are a Corvette enthusiast; why would you want to go into a specific section of CF... and pee on another Corvette enthusiast? There's more than one bathroom in the joint.

Mike Mercury 01-18-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1582876985)
You can play word games all you want but the fact is you don't want those who have views that are not in line with your's to butt out.

you're missing one thing; a direct quote of mine that says that.

speedlink 01-18-2013 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1582876687)
Oh, I understand that. :yesnod:

I never liked the C6. But I would only be trolling if I were to go to the C6 section and voice my displeasure. Instead, I would go into the C5 section (a series I happoen to like) and make that statement. And going into the C6 section and voicing how much I dislike the car... says to those that frequent the section:

"I don't like your car"

why would a true Corvette enthusiast want to do that to another?

I want every Corvette owner to enjoy the dream of owning Americas best sports car; even those that own series of Vettes I personally don't care for.

:cool:

"it was official" meant: now that the design is truly known ... and won't/can't be changed before production starts.

I could of worded that better.

:cheers:

Thanks, I'm with you.:cheers:

Xtreme Z06 01-18-2013 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1582876226)
So, you believe that debates should only present one side. That's not how I was taught in high school and college, nor practiced in any business meeting I was ever a part of. A bunch of "yes" men in a meeting....right.....

Your thinking is the reason why our Constitution has the First Amendment. To prevent those that believe their view is the correct, and only view and believe it is their right to silence others with opposing views.

Are you so arrogant to believe that you are the only person that GM builds Corvettes for, thus only you have the right to decide what a Corvette is?

Nice way to take this way out of context. I believe Mike is referring to the "Haters" and "Trolls". The individuals who offer pure biased opinions of what they think based on ignorance and flat out unnecessary insults like "You have to be a fool to like this car.." Freedom of speech is fine but you don't have to be a dick about it. Lets not miss the point here. There are plenty of opinions as of current but have the common courtesy to not insult and to fully read up on all the available info on the car before judgement.

There are many members here asking or questioning details on the C7 that are covered in the interviews and it would take a matter of 2 to 3 hours to review it all. Once you have all the information, then offer your opinion as it may change your outlook on the car.

Well done Mike :flag:

hey32g 01-18-2013 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by speedlink (Post 1582876990)
Not really. If you are disappointed, don't participate in the C7 Forum.

I'm not disappointed. Look at my avatar. I'm going to buy one. I'm looking for a place to send the people that are disappointed and/or hate it. Should have stated my stance in my response, my bad.

Xtreme Z06 01-18-2013 04:34 PM

JoesC5 - It's like me going over to the Mustang forums and hating on the Mustang because I don't like it. Do you see a point in that? Agree or disagree. Not Hate and Troll

jschindler 01-18-2013 04:42 PM

People who don't like the C7 will leave soon enough on their own accord. Right now they are just venting their frustration. They would not be here to begin with if they didn't have hope for a new Corvette that would knock them off their feet. This sort of thread does nothing but piss off people who are being told that they are not allowed to have an opinion on a public forum. The sooner the "lovers" quit acknowledging the "haters", the sooner they will just disappear on their own.

I can think of a whole lot more important things in this world to get your panties in a wad over than folks saying they don't like the car. Just ignore their posts if you don't like them.

I've always been a huge dog lover, and have owned many Lab and Lab mixes - they just want to please us. Last year we got a Standard Poodle. It became apparent after a few months that he is not like a Lab - he want's us to please him. I tried hollering at him and letting him know that I was not happy with his independent "I don't have to do what you tell me" attitude. We learned that we could be nice to him and quit hollering at him. We took a different approach to letting him know that we were the dominant species. Guess what? It worked. He still grumbles at me when I make him come in from the back yard when I want him to, but we are no longer trying to compete with each other. We simply let each other know we don't always agree, but without the lectures and hollering.

jschindler 01-18-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Xtreme Z06 (Post 1582877078)
JoesC5 - It's like me going over to the Mustang forums and hating on the Mustang because I don't like it. Do you see a point in that? Agree or disagree. Not Hate and Troll

And how long would you keep doing that if they ignored you?

obxchartercaptain 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1582875686)
I have to side with Tim. The details are out and most have come to the conclusion at this point if you like it or dislike. Those that like it are here for the duration and to learn or discuss as much as they can.

Those that don't, really have to decide why they are still here. If the only reason is to tell people that you don't like it, sorry but those of us that do don't really care if you do or not and frankly, incessant complaining about a point or feature isn't going to change anything at this point with the design (insert C6 headlights) or whether or not the car proceeds and succeeds. When the time comes, vote with your wallet.

If you are still on the fence, stay, read, contribute and learn as much as you can about the car. If there is anything the rest of us can do to help you decide one way or the other I'm more than certain that we would be happy to do that, offer any information that we may have or share any photos that we have from the reveal or from auto showshow. I've been trying to answer every question I can and post every photo I can to illustrate a point or feature if someone has a question.

Obviously, this is a public forum but why would you want to stay on and just beat the point and the topic in to the ground, what point could it possibly serve. The horse is dead, please let it rest in peace.

Paul :cheers:

:iagree: To pharaphase..."The Corvette is dead....Long live the Corvette

User 2623 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1582877002)
Where has anyone said it shouldn't be?

quote ?

if you are a Corvette enthusiast; why would you want to go into a specific section of CF... and pee on another Corvette enthusiast? There's more than one bathroom in the joint.

Because a forum that suggests self deportation of dissonant voices seeds prejudice and bigotry as well as creating a forum which will limit the discourse of ideas.

Now trolling for the sake of trolling is another issue all together.

Tommy D 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

Some of us are here to learn as much as we can inanticipation of purchasing a C7 (me for one). This is a forum whereas everyone gets to exchange ideas and opinions.Unless that opinion is expressed in a manner that violates forum rules; any one can post… trolls, haters and etc. It is the way the forum has been ever since I first lurked around in 2003 before joining in 2004.

While the forum is not free speech, there are specific rules and regulations with regard to posting. We do not want to bite the hands that allow us to use the board and on occasion those who have been around long enough know the powers that be will regulate comments when it is absolutely necessary.

In this case each side needs to be presented. We all have our opinions and even though we may disagree, it is in no ones best interest to suppress the other side regardless of what you may think of them. My suggestion to all is be a bit more aware of what you are typing. Not being able to actually converse with another face-to-face leaves quite a bit out of the conversation.

I previously posted the Corvette commandments in another thread. Maybe we all need to reflect on them as we are all supposed to beCorvette guys/gals

Tommy :seeya

The Corvette Commandments

1.) Thou shalt not fail to wave to fellow Corvette owner

2.) Thou shalt not pass a felloe Corvette owner in distresswithout offering aid.

3.) Thou shalt not feed thy Corvette budget grade fuel

4.) Thou shalt treat thy Corvette with respect; great power, great responsibility

5.) Thou shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not bring thy Corvette to an automatic car wash.

6.) Thou shalt park thy Corvette in such a manner as to protecther tender fenders.

7.) Thou shalt blow out carbon with high-speed runs as required.

8.) Thou shalt not cruise on unpaved roads.

9.) Neither friend, nor foe, nor even thy spouse may drive thyCorvette without first showing proper reverence.

10.) Each Corvette is an individual work of art; judge not lest yemight be judged

arkus 01-18-2013 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1582877170)
People who don't like the C7 will leave soon enough on their own accord. Right now they are just venting their frustration. They would not be here to begin with if they didn't have hope for a new Corvette that would knock them off their feet. This sort of thread does nothing but piss off people who are being told that they are not allowed to have an opinion on a public forum. The sooner the "lovers" quit acknowledging the "haters", the sooner they will just disappear on their own.

I can think of a whole lot more important things in this world to get your panties in a wad over than folks saying they don't like the car. Just ignore their posts if you don't like them.

I've always been a huge dog lover, and have owned many Lab and Lab mixes - they just want to please us. Last year we got a Standard Poodle. It became apparent after a few months that he is not like a Lab - he want's us to please him. I tried hollering at him and letting him know that I was not happy with his independent "I don't have to do what you tell me" attitude. We learned that we could be nice to him and quit hollering at him. We took a different approach to letting him know that we were the dominant species. Guess what? It worked. He still grumbles at me when I make him come in from the back yard when I want him to, but we are no longer trying to compete with each other. We simply let each other know we don't always agree, but without the lectures and hollering.

:iagree:

Jet Streaming 01-18-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stingray23 (Post 1582875465)
:lurk:

This is gonna be good:lol:

Im with you! :lurk:

Jet Streaming 01-18-2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1582877170)

Standards are wonderful Dogs. Yes they are independent little buggers. They are almost catlike in personality.

arkus 01-18-2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming (Post 1582877264)
Standards are wonderful Dogs. Yes they are independent little buggers. They are almost catlike in personality.

< east german german shepherd
hardcore dog