CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale-98/)
-   -   WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale/3202140-wtb-c6-z06-realistic-price-continued-x2.html)

reasonable suspicion 01-28-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gaspassing (Post 1582970382)
Local dealer here had an 08 3lz? Leather wrapped interior with 18k miles for $52k. I drove it and it was nice, but I thought it was a bit high. I went back to the dealer today and they said they sold it last week for 42k. So I'm thinking there are deals to be had.
I chased a forum car to the next closest city and missed that car by a few hours(sold). Also a good deal I thought for a mildly modified z06.
Right now I'm tracking one that was in eBay and is the grey 2010 for 50-54. Hopefully he still has it cause that might be the one for me. I don't think the discussion really hurts anything here. Like I said before the price is so variable due to warranty options and tax issues. I am willing to pay more for a private sale than a dealer if it makes sense. Vetteculture has a couple of nice ones for a decent prices.

Never trust the dealer. Especially with what they say they sold a car for.

racebum 01-28-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by inherent (Post 1582971834)

famous dealer BS line "we're in the car more than that"

hzz 01-28-2013 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by racebum (Post 1582973400)
famous dealer BS line "we're in the car more than that"

:iagree:

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that one.

I just got a 2010 GS convertible....4LT, 12,000 miles....in April the dealer wanted 56K for it..I told him it was worth 54K. "we're into it for more than that"

So I told him he overpaid for it.

Long story short, he didn't sell it all summer...dropped price to 50K

I got it for 47K

Guess they weren't into it for that much :D

Dr Gordon 01-29-2013 12:56 AM

:lurk:

To the top! :rock:

Gaspassing 01-29-2013 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by inherent (Post 1582971834)

Good point by you. I absolutely love the continuous stream of BS that cones out of those places. What would it benefit them to say they sold it for less than they actually did? Doesn't really matter the car is gone and the hunt is on.

reasonable suspicion 01-30-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gaspassing (Post 1582974273)
Good point by you. I absolutely love the continuous stream of BS that cones out of those places. What would it benefit them to say they sold it for less than they actually did? Doesn't really matter the car is gone and the hunt is on.

Two reasons come to mind. First, for nothing more than to snub you because you didn't buy it, second so in case they have another car you are ever interested in to plant the seed you can get a deal there and to make you have a sense of urgency next time. To help foster an impulse buy at a later date. Dealerships are scum, you will not find integrity or honorability at one.

TWS Racing 01-30-2013 12:31 PM

I totally agree the "we are into it for more than that" line is an over-used fib.

However, even though I sometimes use the word "stealership" to joke around, we have to remember that they are in business to make money.

Their employees are working there to pay their own bills and feed their own families. Many of the sales techniques used are the same in many other industries selling many other products.

I have come across good dealerships and bad. I have dealt with some stand up salespeople that make the deal fair to both parties and also some snakes that are trying to pull a fast one and caused me to walk out.

deuce189 01-30-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by TWS Racing (Post 1582986838)
I totally agree the "we are into it for more than that" line is an over-used fib.

However, even though I sometimes use the word "stealership" to joke around, we have to remember that they are in business to make money.

Their employees are working there to pay their own bills and feed their own families. Many of the sales techniques used are the same in many other industries selling many other products.

I have come across good dealerships and bad. I have dealt with some stand up salespeople that make the deal fair to both parties and also some snakes that are trying to pull a fast one and caused me to walk out.

You are right and it does suck, but dealers ships set the bar really high for the salesmen.

Gaspassing 02-01-2013 07:04 AM

https://www.corvetteforum.com/c6-cor...17k-miles.html

I barely missed 2 forum cars. This one is a pretty good deal IMHO since you get major guard already and it's PP sale which for me would save 4k in sales tax (I have to verify the out of state sales tax thing here)

Gaspassing 02-01-2013 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by inherent (Post 1582986116)
Two reasons come to mind. First, for nothing more than to snub you because you didn't buy it, second so in case they have another car you are ever interested in to plant the seed you can get a deal there and to make you have a sense of urgency next time. To help foster an impulse buy at a later date. Dealerships are scum, you will not find integrity or honorability at one.

I like your line of thinking. The problem is people actually fall for that crap. My personal favorite is the four square.

reasonable suspicion 02-01-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gaspassing (Post 1583003692)
I like your line of thinking. The problem is people actually fall for that crap. My personal favorite is the four square.

Ah, yes, four square. Well first of all, if needed, ALWAYS secure financing before going to a dealership. Even in the case of 0% manufacturer subsidised int. rates. If your credit is good enough to get 0%, take the rebate instead, get a super low rate from a credit union and the day you drive it off the lot you owe the rebate less on the car. Secondly try to never have a trade. But if you ever find yourself in negotiations with a four square dealer and you have a trade, let them write in their figures, and when they ask you to sign that you will buy if you like the final numbers, you take the paper, fold it so that the monthly payment and down payment corners are on the same side. Tear the paper along the line, and let the salesman see you crumple that half and throw it in the garbage. Make the deal about the price of the vehicle you want, and the trade amount. The monthly payment is the easiest way to find a rollover, and also the best place to build in heavier profit. The customer who focuses most on monthly payments is the one who gets screwed the most.

Don't even get me started on gap coverage, window etch, antitheft stickers, disability, warranty, undercoat, maintenance plans, etc. Say no to EVERY add on EVERY time. Well except for ls7 warranty :D

I like the car you linked, looks good. I'm looking for cyber grey or white 09-11. Found one I like, but can't meet on price on that one. Happy hunting.

USCPTM 02-03-2013 11:24 PM

Where do u guys search other than tedious craigslist, cargurus, carsforsale, ebay, autotrader, and cars.com
lookin for 08 z06 under 40k miles thanks

kpride 02-04-2013 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by USCPTM (Post 1583027530)
Where do u guys search other than tedious craigslist, cargurus, carsforsale, ebay, autotrader, and cars.com
lookin for 08 z06 under 40k miles thanks

well..................

I like it here.

Blackonblacksls 02-05-2013 10:11 PM

I just bought a silver 06 with full exhuast new seats and iforged wheels and nitto invo all around for 29k.

Blackonblacksls 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps09e6151d.jpg

hzz 02-05-2013 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls (Post 1583045451)

Nice car.

How many miles on it?

Phi Sig 02-06-2013 12:18 AM

^ For 29k, that looks great! Where did you buy it from?

mrwrenchphd 02-06-2013 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Random84 (Post 1582965075)
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...d-is-going.jpg

In before the "WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x3)" thread.

:thumbs:

Adam_W 02-06-2013 02:03 AM

If appropriate for this topic of "C6 Z06 realistic price"...

What is up with the high prices on most websites e.g. autotrader and cars.com for used 2010 - 2012 Z06s?

The prices are the same - or higher - than brand new 2013 Z06s right now. Are the dealers or individuals purposely adding 10K to what they hope to be the final selling price, i.e. as a negotiation tactic? Or do they really think that someone would rather pay 69K for a 2011 low miles 1LZ with no options when someone could buy a brand NEW 2013 1LZ with no options for a few thousand less than that?

I mean, what is the deal with that? (in Jerry Seinfeld voice)

Black 02 02-06-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by hzz (Post 1583045578)
Nice car.

How many miles on it?

I think I remember that one from the houston CL. I think it had right at 100k miles.