CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Sales Brochure (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3200599-c7-sales-brochure.html)

Bill17601 02-20-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by matthewelle (Post 1583168028)
This is a terrible pic of the vette....
Wish we could refrain from using it.

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...psfd772ca8.jpg

Really? I mean it is the car. That is what it looks like on the street. Like someone with out make up. To many shinny professional shots. I am not sure what the objection to this picture is..not starting an argument just curious

I also think the wheels are to small. The z51 wheels are the only way to make the car look aggressive.

Bill17601 02-20-2013 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by mre1974 (Post 1583164130)
Literally the ONLY disappointment I have about the C7 is the lack of some vibrant/fun/youthful colors. I would love to have seen them offer a bright metallic orange, a bright blue (even if they stole BMWs Laguna Seca Blue...I'm TOTALLY OK with that), or the Synergy Green from the camaro. That's the only thing I can complain about and that can be rectified with a full color change re-spray...but would be nice to have that as a factory option.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree:

michaelinmech 02-20-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoatanMan
The car looks much better with 19\20 wheel combo. The 18\19 look way too small.

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583166325)
Outside diameter of the Z51's tires are 1/8" smaller then the outside diameter of the base C7's tires.

RoatanMan was comparing the wheel size appearance - nothing to do with the tires :eek:

Zymurgy 02-20-2013 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1583176255)
Really? I mean it is the car. That is what it looks like on the street. Like someone with out make up. To many shinny professional shots. I am not sure what the objection to this picture is..not starting an argument just curious

I also think the wheels are to small. The z51 wheels are the only way to make the car look aggressive.

It is missing wheel center caps, the picture is very grainy, most of the car is in shadow, the photo is overexposed, the composition is terrible, there appears to be excessive "noise" in the photo. But hey, other than that the photo is perfect.

BlueOx 02-20-2013 08:52 PM

W/o makeup?:rofl:

Its a sh*tty pic of the car on the street. Additionally, this one is a sh*tty pic AND it has no center caps on the wheels. Would you want a sh*tty pic of your Vette on the street with no center caps out there? I doubt it.

Not sure the Z51 tires will actually look much bigger. Lowering the C7, like so many did with the C6, will probably help.

AGFNTB 02-20-2013 10:46 PM

The Z51 has "enhanced coding" or should that be "enhanced cooling"?

Originally Posted by BLKTA (Post 1582845812)

User 2623 02-20-2013 11:18 PM

Because it really looks like this...not that.
The shot is compressed somehow... making the car look smaller almost solitice/saturn like.

Tom/99 02-21-2013 08:52 AM

Thank you, that answers many of my questions. :thumbs:

Cailebb 02-23-2013 09:49 PM

While I think the C7 looks nice, looking at the options and seeing the "A" for available vs the "s" for standard makes me think otherwise when it is said that it will be "comparable" to the cost of the GS of today. I already see some disappointment in the base model. I'm sure what's been shown and what you will see in the base model is going to be night and day.

Bill17601 02-24-2013 07:01 AM

I think the base car is not as nice looking as the Z-51. I also admit I am not a photographer. Not only that but I am clueless about all the things wrong with the photo. In real life all those things that make a bad picture exist . I know a Corvette on the sales floor with a thousand white lights looks totally different on the street. I bow to the criticism . I defend the right of people not to agree with me. :cheers:

Larry/car 02-24-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1582847179)
Man that's going to be a $$ C7 with the options I want!

:eek: Your correct! To utilize all five functions you will need to purchase; Z51, magnetic ride control and performance exhaust. The Z51 package scares me, all those goodies have got to cost mucho dollars ($ 10,000+). Capability is my primary desire, if I have to keep cost in check, I will suffer without performance exhaust. As another stated, GM is going to reasonably price the base 1LT, desired option packages will place most cars at $ 70,000+.

BLKTA 02-24-2013 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Larry/car (Post 1583205114)
:eek: Your correct! To utilize all five functions you will need to purchase; Z51, magnetic ride control and performance exhaust. The Z51 package scares me, all those goodies have got to cost mucho dollars ($ 10,000+). Capability is my primary desire, if I have to keep cost in check, I will suffer without performance exhaust. As another stated, GM is going to reasonably price the base 1LT, desired option packages will place most cars at $ 70,000+.

If those options do come to $10K (which I think is close); what will the hi-perf models come in at? I made a similar point in another thread about this problem. GM really needs to nail the price on this car to ensure it's success. Some of the "Available" options should be included in the base price. I really hopes GM doesn't nickle and dime the buyers with a low base price/no option approach then nickle and dime you to pick options.

Of course this is a moot point if the base price is $45K and a nicely optioned Z51 comes in the mid $50K range. That would be a steal for this car. I just think with the level of tech and R&D in this car GM will price it much higher than the current C6. I guess only time will tell.

Z06Ronald 04-03-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cozmo (Post 1582846392)
:cool:

Thanks for posting. :cheers:

:iagree: :thumbs: