CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Post here if your initial reaction was negative, but now is positive (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3199754-post-here-if-your-initial-reaction-was-negative-but-now-is-positive.html)

Tonylmiller 01-14-2013 06:57 PM

Post here if your initial reaction was negative, but now is positive

I will admit, my initial reaction was negative, and after reading up and watching the videos, I have already changed my mind. I think the car looks great, and if the engineering comes through, I think the C7 will be awesome.

Yep, it didn't take long for me. One day after the reveal.

If you are in the same boat, post here. Tell us what changed your mind! For me, it was the walkaround video.

If you don't like the car, don't post here. There are plenty of threads for that.

USAFPILOT 01-14-2013 06:58 PM

I am warming up to it and quietly hoping the actual power is North of 450 and closer to 480.

Runs11s 01-14-2013 07:01 PM

I'm one of those who was 'Meh...'

At first.

But I love it now. It's an amazing car.

MSG C5 01-14-2013 07:04 PM

Based on the artist renditions in R&T and C&D, etc., I was unimpressed. However, looking back before the C6 made its debut, I was unimpressed with those renditions as well. Especially the rear end treatments.

I also wasn't too crazy about the red/black model car they used in the debut presentation yesterday. The lights sort of washed out the colors, etc.

Then, I started searching photos, etc. online and fell in love with the car. Especially the photos/angles below. I do however plan to wait until the high performance model comes out in 3-4 years before I make my move!

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps07823a7a.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps2c304839.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf1d8502b.jpg

boynton6spd 01-14-2013 07:16 PM

I didn't like the renderings....

However 99% of this car is an improvement over the C6.
I have loved all vettes and LOVE this one!

Electronics-Check
Seats-------Check
MODERN UPDATED LOOK!!!!-----CHECK,CHECK,CHECK!!!!
New Enthusiasts---Check

My nephew is a freshman in college and has never been a fan of corvettes....always an audi/infinity type kid.
NOW his goal is to buy a new vette when he graduates college...WELL DONE GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

jimb77 01-14-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller (Post 1582832304)
I will admit, my initial reaction was negative, and after reading up and watching the videos, I have already changed my mind. I think the car looks great, and if the engineering comes through, I think the C7 will be awesome.

If you are in the same boat, post here. Tell us what changed your mind! For me, it was the walkaround video.

If you don't like the car, don't post here. There are plenty of threads for that.

Yes that pretty much describes me.
First thoughts were is was too flashy and gawdy. Then I watched a few videos and learned a bit about the quality they said they put in it. The 450 horses didn't hurt either:)
Flashy like a Z, a bit like a Viper, Camaro tail lights, but got to see 1 in person, is growing on me.
Engineering changed my mind. I want to see 1.

JLinCA 01-14-2013 07:19 PM

I bitched about the rear like a lot of other people when I first saw the renders, and I am still not happy with the direction they went with it, but after seeing the whole car in the flesh I can deal with it.

I always thought the car in the renders looked great from the side, and I was not disappointed.

I just hope it brings the performance.

-CM- 01-14-2013 07:59 PM

I was initially uncertain about the rear end, but now I'm really anxious to own one. The green is definitely a contributing factor.

http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co...g_wheel_02.jpg

speedlink 01-14-2013 08:03 PM

My initial reaction was extremely negative. Most of it I think was for two reasons. The back end looked horrible. Too much Camaro like.

Also the first color I saw was in Red. That normally would have excited me. Not in this car.
When I saw it in Silver or Gray much better.

Time will tell, but I am warming to it.

supermetroid 01-14-2013 08:06 PM

Looking forward to the mid-generational refresh for the back end. Otherwise it looks outstanding! :thumbs:

The Seeker 01-14-2013 08:06 PM

Slowly coming around, want to see it in person to decide.

4SUMERZ 01-14-2013 08:15 PM

I was one that was not overly impressed by the unveil, but having had time to digest and have lot's of pics to look at, I'm getting excited about seeing one in person, and owning one in a few years.

:thumbs:

vectorz 01-14-2013 08:19 PM

+1 After looking at some of these newer pics esp in metallic silver , and then flipping back to any C5 or C6 pic, the C7 looks light years ahead and sexy.

CHJ In Virginia 01-14-2013 08:27 PM

Watching the reveal and looking at the red car, I was absolutely not impressed. All the vents - hood, quarter panel and especially the rear fascia in black looked tacked on, crappy and very out of place. Too much color contrast for me. Seeing later posts with the images of the gray and green cars totally changed my opinion. On the dark gray car all the various black vents and the rear fascia blend in and disappear. That car is fantastic and one I would consider purchasing. The red one - no way !!

Butchman 01-14-2013 08:36 PM

Was not impressed with the color red on the car.

Then saw a picture of the car in the dark cyber gray.
To me, it blends the body lines and widow glass together to make it look
like a very sophisticated package. Now impressed.

Will consider buying one in a dark color

rkelon 01-14-2013 08:40 PM

The overall styling

The car's profile, rear end rake, and the design is purposeful and not just decorative, coupled with top quality materials.

ByByBMW 01-14-2013 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller (Post 1582832304)

For me, I think it was the Autoweek video and CNN pics. That and seeing it in something other than the red. For whatever reason, the red of the reveal car didn't resonate with me but the grey car did and the aformentioned reports/video. I am now considering waiting another year to get back into corvettes.

OrioleFan 01-14-2013 08:53 PM

For me it was seeing the car in something than that dreadful Torch Red color. I saw the car during the reveal and feel it doesn't work at all with the car and was disappointed.

Then I saw the Cyber Grey. The car is gorgeous, sexy, everything I could ask for. I even found a C6 ZO6 Cyber Grey today and upon looking at it I felt, while still a beautiful car, it was boring compared against the C7.

I think this car has so many lines and stylistic cues, the flashier colors like your reds, light blues, and yellows are just too much with this body style. It will look better in your more conservative colors like greys, silver, black, and white. Now, black with black wheels and a black interior, that will be one mean, sick looking car! :rock:

RyanC7 01-14-2013 08:56 PM

I haven't been on here in forever, and I sold all of my corvettes. I have had 2 C5's and 2 C6's....... I'm just not feeling the C7, too many "do-dads" and cake decorating like a paul jr bike. If you are into that cool...I like sleek and clean...the silver one looks better. Nothing GM will ever do will make everyone happy. I don't believe in the Gov bailout they got, and won't buy another for that reason alone.

I do like Jr's bikes...it was just a comparison.

Most likely my last post....enjoy your cars guys....

z edge 01-14-2013 08:57 PM

I hated the jalopnik render from day one. I still dont like that rendering, i realize its pretty accurate but minor differences hide the amazing details that some of the pictures and videos we've seen in the last 24 hours. Some of the pictures i still dont like, and some im really excited about.

As the owner of a cyber gray C6, i must say this car looks killer in cyber gray. Also looks promising in the new blue, green, and the usual suspect colors as well. I think this car will look much better in person and im already warming up to it quite nicely. I cant wait to see it in person and see the interior, take a test drive, etc.