CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3198922-high-res-pics-of-c7-exterior-interior-and-engine-compartment.html)

BBA 01-15-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crossofiron (Post 1582819052)
I had a post in the C7 section last week were I stated my opinion that GM knew that they needed to start getting younger buyers, to some of you that would mean paying customers, and I got loads of grief from 4 Jamokes in particular. The actual car just shows me that GM knew exactly what they were doing with the taillights. Going after the non traditional Corvette owner. This car is wonderful looking and from the young guys viewing it with me excitement, this is exactly what Corvette needed.

What ever. I think they would like the concept car rear end better...

Stingray23 01-15-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 1582843085)
That is actually the best way to finish the Carbon Fiber... none of that shiny stuff... You really need to look at it in person. That treatment, imho of course, is more elegant and screams high-end interior. Again, imho.

:iagree:

The shiny stuff looks tacky. I much prefer the matte look

DRLC5 01-15-2013 07:53 PM

Stunning. I really think all the black scoops should come in carbon fiber to match the roof... Also the interior is better looking but still to much plastic in my opinion. I will still have one in my garage next year.

gbranham 01-15-2013 08:10 PM

RE: The rear lip spoiler gaps...I have a 2012 GS with the larger factory rear lip spoiler, and it doesn't fit much better. Has the gaps in the same spot. It's not that noticeable.

And is it just me, or does the gas pedal appear to pivot from the BOTTOM of the pedal, rather than the top, like a 911?

Greg

VettesRule 01-15-2013 08:14 PM

Love it, love it, love it!!!

My next one will be a C7.

Subw00er 01-15-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 1582841733)
You have to drive a car like that before you rule it out like you are doing. Believe me, for a car freak like me, it is just music to my ears every time I hear the car blip the throttle during shifts... sounds frigging amazing.

I've driven a VW that had it as part of its paddles and I drove the 370z. I just dont think it belongs on a sports car of this caliber, and if it is, it should be a permanently defeat-able option!! Part of the joy of driving is to perfectly match your own gears via heel-toe (or just blipping it yourself) and if the car is doing it for you, that literally takes the fun out of it.

TexasInferno 01-15-2013 08:40 PM

Viper front fascia, camaro rear end, c4 interior?

Guess I'll wait til' I see one in person. Wheels are nice:)

ufso 01-15-2013 08:59 PM

Thanks! Same hold down attachments as the C-6! :thumbs:

MikeyTX 01-15-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 11yellowgscpe (Post 1582837556)
I guess I'll wait for the C8, maybe it will be a Corvette instead of a Camaro.

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 1582838034)

:thumbs::iagree:

dbdave 01-15-2013 09:32 PM

Is the battery located in the trunk? I haven't been too successful in locating that tidbit of info yet.

Glad to see the hatch has a hand hold in it. I won't miss my '05 as much.:thumbs:

barduch 01-15-2013 10:17 PM

Thanks for posting those pics. Looks like a bit of an engineering marvel/challenge around those side windows. I am liking everything about the C7. C7 ZR1 in white with the earth tone interior and I will be down for the count.:cheers:

rcallen484 01-15-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vette_Pilot (Post 1582845056)
They could have done better than to use the Camero's tail lights!!! :willy: :willy:

They did.

Snowwolfe 01-15-2013 10:30 PM

Loved the look of my C5. Liked the look of the C6 even more, a lot more. But the C7? It is really nice but looks like they added to much bling. Get rid of some of the black plastic pieces on the body and lose the stingray emblems and it would look even classier.
I think my next C7 will actually be a 2012 or 2013 C6 Grand Sport.

rcallen484 01-15-2013 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by snowwolfe (Post 1582847198)
Loved the look of my C5. Liked the look of the C6 even more, a lot more. But the C7? It is really nice but looks like they added to much bling. Get rid of some of the black plastic pieces on the body and lose the stingray emblems and it would look even classier.
I think my next C7 will actually be a 2012 or 2013 C6 Grand Sport.

The black plastic bits are functional vent covers. What should they be made of and, before you say carbon fiber, why would carbon fiber be superior for this particular application?

LittleBoyBlu99 01-15-2013 10:50 PM

:iagree::thumbs::woohoo:

Originally Posted by Try666Me (Post 1582819555)
It beautiful, and for less then the price of a Grand Sport? No contest. I will be putting down a deposit

TWS Racing 01-15-2013 11:04 PM

Love it or hate it, the exterior styling is provocative!

It really does shake things up and I like the gray one from most angles. The rear end still looks... but from front, side and 3/4 front/side views I think the car is striking.

As far as fit and finish, it was most likely assembled by hand in a undisclosed side shop/warehouse by guys who were probably running way behind schedule and all cracked up on red bull and 5 hour energy to get final tweaks ready for the reveal. :eek:

As everyone knows, the plant is closing down next month to retool and then the cars will actually be manufactured with proper precision.

Oh, and random last point to a couple posts way back in this thread... the ZR1 rear spoiler is not made of carbon fiber. That was intentional. The materials for each and every piece of the ZR1 were thoroughly scrutinized for strength, weight, and balance on the car and the rear spoiler was deliberately not made of CF.

94boosted 01-15-2013 11:14 PM

I really like it!

Not a huge fan of the steering wheel (would of like to see something D bottomed and wrapped in suede) and I'm not sold on the tail lights yet but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

CMCvette 01-15-2013 11:25 PM

Anyone know if hat is or isn't the base car? Looks like top of line interior for sure...

talionstallion21 01-15-2013 11:29 PM

The incessant whining!! What if it came with a $1000 in the glove compartment, free, then we would hear.....I wanted $50's not $100's!?....... The bills are wrinkled! ......Why didn't GM put the bills in the console and not the glovebox! Wah, Wah, Wah.

rsvette12 01-15-2013 11:38 PM

Well my silver 07 may be going bye bye for a silver c7 or probably the dark grey c7 car looks amazing, on a down side they still have crap Bose stereos you have to be kidding, thinking buying the first year c7 may not be a good idea after the problems I had with my 05 had to push it home a few times - 07 never had a problem anyway back into debt again lol Stunning Vette.

AMGPilot 01-15-2013 11:41 PM

So much for precision craftsmanship :(

Stiching looks like crap and the body panels don't even come close to lining up........ so sad. Another fail by an american car builder.

Dr Chill 01-15-2013 11:43 PM

Loves:

Front styling
Side contour with curve inward and widening to rear
side profile
Nice Optional sport seat FINALLY

Dislikes:

Weak steering wheel
Matte Carbon fiber finish of dash reminds me of vinyl wrap, needs
epoxy finish like Audi
No dual clutch automatic

Hates:

Spoiler tacked on as an afterthought
Fat-ass rear and ugly tail lights

Not digging the huge black rear valance and would love to see the car in black to make it monochromatic looking (with red interior)

Overall a nice presentation but fit and finish issues may spoil this car if not corrected with mass production. Amazing car for the money.

BTW, there is no way this interior can compete on the same level with the latest offerings from Porsche (981/991) or Audi (S6/7/8 or R/RS) with the possible exception of the optional seats.

Audi S6
http://www.trendzcar.com/wp-content/...Interior-2.jpg

PSU_Vette 01-16-2013 08:26 AM

I think GM certainly designed a car to appeal to younger buyers. That doesn't mean that they plan on selling it to an 18 year old, but it certainly has appeal to those in their 20s and 30s. I'm sure 60 year old men thought the brand new C2 design was horrible looking in 1963!

gbranham 01-16-2013 10:05 AM

Just saw a brochure from GM...the gas pedal is 'floor mounted for improved feel'. I guess it does indeed pivot from the floor. Odd.

Subw00er 01-16-2013 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by gbranham (Post 1582850615)
Just saw a brochure from GM...the gas pedal is 'floor mounted for improved feel'. I guess it does indeed pivot from the floor. Odd.

Its easier to heel-toe with that sort of pedal, I was glad to see it there!

Snowwolfe 01-16-2013 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582847264)
The black plastic bits are functional vent covers. What should they be made of and, before you say carbon fiber, why would carbon fiber be superior for this particular application?

They should be made the same color of the car. I have no idea why you even mentioned carbon fiber, lol.

Steelvette 01-16-2013 05:09 PM

Luv it! I skipped the C6 as it was too close to my C5 but pencil me in for the 2015 ZO7 baby!!!

rcallen484 01-16-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by snowwolfe (Post 1582855503)
They should be made the same color of the car. I have no idea why you even mentioned carbon fiber, lol.

As you know, many people wrongly believe that ANYTHING made of plastic is BAD and would be better made of carbon fiber. So, plastic with the appropriate characteristics is fine, you would just prefer the vent covers be body color?

ParisTNDude 01-16-2013 05:18 PM

Nice...I really want one, but certainly cannot afford it...dang, it's a shame to be so poor!

RogerC6 01-16-2013 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Young_Z06 (Post 1582842910)
they'll claim it's for improved aerodymanics like the rest of the vents and ducts all over the thing:D

Originally Posted by Vette-Pilot (Post 1582847946)
So much for precision craftsmanship :(

Stiching looks like crap and the body panels don't even come close to lining up........ so sad. Another fail by an american car builder.

Exactly my point, and let me add a couple more

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...psbecdb2f6.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps877b4868.jpg

And the cheesy air bag cover .

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps3cf0ee55.jpg

But some just don't car and will pay for faulty craftsmanship.

Silver05GTO 01-16-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by RogerC6 (Post 1582855728)

Same issues that have plagued the C6, poor panel gaps......on a world debut, its shameful.

I love the C7, but goes to show GM will have panel gap issues even with the new car. I remember C6 ZR1 owners being upset with panel gaps when paying 120,000 for their car.

You_Vette_Your_Ass 01-16-2013 05:36 PM

I completely agree.

Look at the little switch panel to the right of the steering wheel. Looks like it is straight off a Cruze. No bezel, nothing. Just a piece of black (gray) plastic with some switches poking through.

That airbag cover looks like sh** too now that you pointed it out.

rcallen484 01-16-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO (Post 1582855876)
Same issues that have plagued the C6, poor panel gaps......on a world debut, its shameful.

I love the C7, but goes to show GM will have panel gap issues even with the new car. I remember C6 ZR1 owners being upset with panel gaps when paying 120,000 for their car.

Could the fact this is a prototype and not off the assembly line play any part in this?

firstvettesoon 01-16-2013 05:54 PM

putting this up here for fun.

The best view...

my new desktop pic.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7...teviewcopy.jpg

bigterpsfan 01-16-2013 05:54 PM

God I really want to like this car, but with the back end, horrible steering wheel, junky looking plastic on the interior, the 9 or so plastic vents on the exterior and the interior/exterior panel gaps it is really difficult. GM the reveal was like an interview, and your resume appears to have a lot of mistakes!

rcallen484 01-16-2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigterpsfan (Post 1582856069)
God I really want to like this car, but with the back end, horrible steering wheel, junky looking plastic on the interior, the 9 or so plastic vents on the exterior and the interior/exterior panel gaps it is really difficult. GM the reveal was like an interview, and your resume appears to have a lot of mistakes!

Mant thoroughly disagree with your perceptions in this regard.

bigterpsfan 01-16-2013 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582856101)
Mant thoroughly disagree with your perceptions in this regard.

Even if you don't agree with me perception of the aesthetics, you can't argue the quality issues regarding the panel gaps. See 6 posts above. Hopefully these cars were rushed and production models will be better crafted.

DRLC5 01-16-2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582855966)
Could the fact this is a prototype and not off the assembly line play any part in this?

:iagree:

rcallen484 01-16-2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bigterpsfan (Post 1582856144)
Even if you don't agree with me perception of the aesthetics, you can't argue the quality issues regarding the panel gaps.

I can say, however, that we have not seen a C7 that passed all QC inspections on a regular up and running production line.

QUAKEJAKE 01-16-2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582818771)
I think it is absolutely awesome and I'm NOT a fan of red and black. The whole thing reeks Corvette and those who want to refer to it as a Camaro are clueless IMO. :thumbs:
http://s7.postimage.org/j5g7zl0rf/08...tte_reveal.jpg

:iagree: Ox but as I type this I am holding up R+T mag pic of a 2008 Gt-R and IMO the C7 is 75% the same design .Biggest difference is the front grills and the Hood vents.

bigterpsfan 01-16-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582856168)
I can say, however, that we have not seen a C7 that passed all QC inspections on a regular up and running production line.

Fair enough.

Snowwolfe 01-16-2013 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582855664)
As you know, many people wrongly believe that ANYTHING made of plastic is BAD and would be better made of carbon fiber. So, plastic with the appropriate characteristics is fine, you would just prefer the vent covers be body color?

Yes. And lose the emblems. Opinions are different for everyone, The car simply looks disorganized to me and does not flow correctly.

red2012 01-16-2013 06:13 PM

What i think is going on here is the placebo effect. with all the hype leading up to the reveal people are just believing what has been pounded in their brain as in 'WORLD CLASS INTERIOR'. So they finally see it and they are all ga ga. and with everybody saying this car is super fast can run around a track like the a raped ape yea you got proof. everybody is drooling at the mouth without one road test even being performed yet.(or not one that i know of). BTW i am not knocking this car as i do have a deposit on it also, but i am a realist and i for one do think the interior is still cheap looking and until i get some actual road test reviews i will curb my enthusiasm till then when i can make a better opinion on the car.

firstvettesoon 01-16-2013 06:15 PM

...but these cars shown are not production off the line are they?

I assume they are hand built protos. Bound to get better with production components?

As hand built samples, they did however have the opportunity to use a belt sander and even up the gaps! It is only fiberglass and paint after-all.

I don't think they think we would be looking Soooooo close at the protos.

I'm sure most don't... just us chickens.

rcallen484 01-16-2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by snowwolfe (Post 1582856250)
Yes. And lose the emblems. Opinions are different for everyone, The car simply looks disorganized to me and does not flow correctly.

An all black one would be interesting to see to get that perspective, wouldn't it?

QUAKEJAKE 01-16-2013 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Chill (Post 1582847967)
Loves:

Front styling
Side contour with curve inward and widening to rear
side profile
Nice Optional sport seat FINALLY

Dislikes:

Weak steering wheel
Matte Carbon fiber finish of dash reminds me of vinyl wrap, needs
epoxy finish like Audi
No dual clutch automatic

Hates:

Spoiler tacked on as an afterthought
Fat-ass rear and ugly tail lights

Not digging the huge black rear valance and would love to see the car in black to make it monochromatic looking (with red interior)

Overall a nice presentation but fit and finish issues may spoil this car if not corrected with mass production. Amazing car for the money.

BTW, there is no way this interior can compete on the same level with the latest offerings from Porsche (981/991) or Audi (S6/7/8 or R/RS) with the possible exception of the optional seats.

Audi S6
http://www.trendzcar.com/wp-content/...Interior-2.jpg

:iagree: with some but your comparing a $59K car to a $93K Audi. Even my 2007 Audi A6 Quattro Stickerd for $58K new.

Stingray23 01-16-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE (Post 1582856228)
:iagree: Ox but as I type this I am holding up R+T mag pic of a 2008 Gt-R and IMO the C7 is 75% the same design .Biggest difference is the front grills and the Hood vents.

The GTR can only dream to look as good as the C7

rcallen484 01-16-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1582856256)
What i think is going on here is the placebo effect. with all the hype leading up to the reveal people are just believing what has been pounded in their brain as in 'WORLD CLASS INTERIOR'. So they finally see it and they are all ga ga. and with everybody saying this car is super fast can run around a track like the a raped ape yea you got proof. everybody is drooling at the mouth without one road test even being performed yet.(or not one that i know of). BTW i am not knocking this car as i do have a deposit on it also, but i am a realist and i for one do think the interior is still cheap looking and until i get some actual road test reviews i will curb my enthusiasm till then when i can make a better opinion on the car.

I believe an interior has to be experienced in person to be properly evaluated.

DRLC5 01-16-2013 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by gbranham (Post 1582850615)

Seems Odd? I saw a video on the new Viper The pedals actually move back and forth?

Xtreme Z06 01-16-2013 06:49 PM

I hope you guys realize that this is pre production. There may be changes still. As for the rear deck spoiler, it will be revised to fit properly.

I just want to say one thing to the nay-sayers and the remarks about the rear and the remarks about similarities of other cars.

This is a step forward for corvette. Its time to leave retro in the past and let technology lead the design aspect of America's true sports car. Many of the top tier automakers use the philosophy of "Form follows function". By that definition, aerodynamics that work will shape the car.

The front end looks corvette, not viper. I do see similarities, but I am sure its aerodynamics at work helped the proportions in making them similar.

The side profile looks Italia 458 or GTR but if you look closely at some of the other high-end cars, they also follow this design as well. The roof followed by the bulk but flat and squared rear is common.

Here is the big one.. The rear. You know what, I love it now. At first, I was indifferent but now I am in love with it. Sometimes, it takes time to like new designs; kinda like a new song. Why anyone sees a Camaro in the taillights is just disappointed that its not last gen styled. These lights look AMAZING at night and have quite a dimension to them.

Overall: When GM designed this car, the started with a clean sheet of paper and said "Lets remake America's sports car.. Lets truly define what corvette is suppose to be.. Let us innovate and set the standards of where corvette stands and where its future will lead.

And that is what they have done while rebranding to the youth, GM's future. I love technology personally and will always approve of forward thinking innovation and modern design. The corvette should always be on the forefront of the mark of excellence.

Well done General Motors.

jss06c6 01-16-2013 06:49 PM

I guess I'm in the minority.. Front and interior nice, rear half of car completely out of proportion with the front half. Looks like they did their wind tunnel tests with a pear and copied it. Not too impressed from my eye.

rcallen484 01-16-2013 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Xtreme Z06 (Post 1582856632)
I hope you guys realize that this is pre production. There may be changes still. As for the rear deck spoiler, it will be revised to fit properly.

I just want to say one thing to the nay-sayers and the remarks about the rear and the remarks about similarities of other cars.

This is a step forward for corvette. Its time to leave retro in the past and let technology lead the design aspect of America's true sports car. Many of the top tier automakers use the philosophy of "Form follows function". By that definition, aerodynamics that work will shape the car.

The front end looks corvette, not viper. I do see similarities, but I am sure its aerodynamics at work helped the proportions in making them similar.

The side profile looks Italia 458 or GTR but if you look closely at some of the other high-end cars, they also follow this design as well. The roof followed by the bulk but flat and squared rear is common.

Here is the big one.. The rear. You know what, I love it now. At first, I was indifferent but now I am in love with it. Sometimes, it takes time to like new designs; kinda like a new song. Why anyone sees a Camaro in the taillights is just disappointed that its not last gen styled. These lights look AMAZING at night and have quite a dimension to them.

Overall: When GM designed this car, the started with a clean sheet of paper and said "Lets remake America's sports car.. Lets truly define what corvette is suppose to be.. Let us innovate and set the standards of where corvette stands and where its future will lead.

And that is what they have done while rebranding to the youth, GM's future. I love technology personally and will always approve of forward thinking innovation and modern design. The corvette should always be on the forefront of the mark of excellence.

:iagree: Yep. Well said.

ssidekickbp 01-16-2013 07:28 PM

IS ANYONE ELSE HAPPY AS HELL THEY PUT THE REAR HANDLE UNDER THE HATCH TO CLOSE IT AGAIN!!!! I AM. That way you don't have to touch the paint when closing it. My 06 has this but a few friends of mine who have newer models were mad that they got rid of it.

ZeekDuff 01-16-2013 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Cyber Grey Z (Post 1582834176)
I've been out of the fold for a while since selling my z. This may bring me back, especially at this price point. I think the car looks great...can't wait for the variants. I may be in the minority here but I even like the rear of the car.

Hey David,
I thought I recognized you! I was interested in your Z in 2011, if you recall. I ended up with a "new" '04 LeMans CE vert (w/1,316 mi), mainly because of the seats, believe it or not (I love the color, too). Two power lumbar adjusters do it for me. I've done some appearance mods, and engine power is plenty for the time being with a rear end gear change & some other "mild" mods, and the car is simply the most comfortable I've ever sat in. The lowest (bottom) lumbar adjustment hits my back right on the source of most of my back pain, so I can drive a long time before even making an adjustment change. If these new C7 seats are comparable, we'll see, but the C6 seats were bad for me.

But, there is nothing about my car I don't really like right now, I just put a Kenwood DNX9990 in for "updated" electronics w/Garmin Nav, and I am very pleased with it's performance, as well. It will be interesting to see if the C7 interface is a big improvement over the C6, and "up to par" with modern systems. The C7's DIC is a whole new thing, and I can't wait to see all it's configurations, with the 5 driver mode settings, too. Interesting Vette, IMO.

Let me know if you get one! :D

Best regards,
...z

TOBASCO 01-16-2013 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Xtreme Z06 (Post 1582856632)

:iagree: Again .... Well said!

plumalan 01-16-2013 09:55 PM

My 07 has perfect panel seems and is very very well crafted.

r1owner 01-16-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by plumalan (Post 1582858861)
My 07 has perfect panel seems and is very very well crafted.

Simply put these people bitchin about panel gaps have no idea WTF they're talking about.

rcallen484 01-16-2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by r1owner (Post 1582859409)
Simply put these people bitchin about panel gaps have no idea WTF they're talking about.

Some are here on a seek and destroy mission. Corporate dirty tricks.

Dr Chill 01-17-2013 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE (Post 1582856309)
:iagree: with some but your comparing a $59K car to a $93K Audi. Even my 2007 Audi A6 Quattro Stickerd for $58K new.

2013 Audi S6 is $72000.

Docderek05 01-18-2013 04:25 PM

Still, still still...even with the new ooo ahhh shapes, the materials look cheap, not very well finished, and just not a smooth cohesive interior..and with the car being so much stiffer...I am curious about the rattles, creaks and groans all that plastic on plastic is going to make going over less than glass surfaces..I guess we will all know soon enough..if early owners fess up and just admit the interior noises are just more of the same, same quality, no isolation, and just wrapped in new threads. Let's hope not.

c6rod 01-18-2013 07:28 PM

C7 body fit

I will be buying a C7 during the first year of production, but am greatly disappointed with the body panel fit on the one shown at the Detroit Auto Show. I would have assumed that they would have taken the time to make the panels fit with equal clearances and concentrate on quality, which they did not. If they can't do it for a show car what are the chances the factory will do a better job. I have a 2010 GS that has terrible panel fit while my previous 2005 had great quality control and great fits. I know that HP and performance is Corvettes forte but quality must be tops on the list for their premier car. Just saying.

greengo 01-18-2013 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by c6rod (Post 1582878648)
I will be buying a C7 during the first year of production, but am greatly disappointed with the body panel fit on the one shown at the Detroit Auto Show. I would have assumed that they would have taken the time to make the panels fit with equal clearances and concentrate on quality, which they did not. If they can't do it for a show car what are the chances the factory will do a better job. I have a 2010 GS that has terrible panel fit while my previous 2005 had great quality control and great fits. I know that HP and performance is Corvettes forte but quality must be tops on the list for their premier car. Just saying.

Sorry to say but,

Sad thing is....
This probably is the best fit they could manage

C7 BOB 01-18-2013 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by c6rod (Post 1582878648)

These cars were hand-built. There is no C7 assembly line - it's being built. I was there in April, and they were starting to build the new assembly line in the old XLR area. I've taken the tour 4 times, and they use computers and lasers to check tolerances, torques, etc. The production cars will be much better than these prototypes. Again, these are NOT production cars!!!

rcallen484 01-18-2013 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1582878931)
Sorry to say but,

Sad thing is....
This probably is the best fit they could manage

Really? It is a prototype built under a tight time line. Production vehicles undergo QC at every stage of their routine production on a dedicated and highly organized assembly line.

jr3 01-18-2013 09:42 PM

I hope those gaps are indeed fixed around the rear bumper and rear spoiler.

BSR-1 01-18-2013 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Try666Me (Post 1582819555)
It beautiful, and for less then the price of a Grand Sport? No contest. I will be putting down a deposit

I guess I missed the pricing. Do you have a link that shows the price?

I can't imagine the price being lower.

ZeekDuff 01-18-2013 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by BSR-1 (Post 1582879958)
I guess I missed the pricing. Do you have a link that shows the price?

I can't imagine the price being lower.

All Chevrolet has said about the price (and this is from several different people) is, "If you can afford the current car, you can afford the C7." :cheers:

Best regards,
...z

ZeekDuff 01-18-2013 11:57 PM

"Extra" buttons?

What are the 2 buttons on the lower left of the wheel? I tend to hold the wheel on the lower left quadrant a lot and they look like I'd catch my fingernails and/or knuckles on them. :crazy2:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...ps32096eea.jpg

Best regards,
...z

E.T.D. Corvettes 01-19-2013 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by ZeekDuff (Post 1582880773)
What are the 2 buttons on the lower left of the wheel? I tend to hold the wheel on the lower left quadrant a lot and they look like I'd catch my fingernails and/or knuckles on them. :crazy2:

Best regards,
...z

They appear to be the FAV buttons, moving up or down through the favorite preset radio stations.

~Stingray 01-19-2013 08:27 AM

Thank you sir. These are great. You wouldn't have any photos of the other colors in hi-res or the different interiors?

dbdave 01-19-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp (Post 1582857088)
IS ANYONE ELSE HAPPY AS HELL THEY PUT THE REAR HANDLE UNDER THE HATCH TO CLOSE IT AGAIN!!!! I AM. That way you don't have to touch the paint when closing it. My 06 has this but a few friends of mine who have newer models were mad that they got rid of it.

I'm with ya! Post #310 :thumbs:

Paulchristian 01-19-2013 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by RogerC6 (Post 1582855728)

Wow...I just noticed this...please, someone tell me we can blame this on being pre-production assembly. This is embarrassing ...at a world debut no less..

Rogue Z 01-19-2013 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by C6BOB (Post 1582879715)
These cars were hand-built. There is no C7 assembly line - it's being built. I was there in April, and they were starting to build the new assembly line in the old XLR area. I've taken the tour 4 times, and they use computers and lasers to check tolerances, torques, etc. The production cars will be much better than these prototypes. Again, these are NOT production cars!!!

THank you, that is exactly what I have been thinking, these are prototypes, not production, I am sure the production models will have better fit and finish and appeal. I love the car and can not wait to see how it is in person.

mustang1999 01-19-2013 11:54 AM

Best regards,
...z

Well that is too damn bad. Find another way to hold the steering wheel.

E.T.D. Corvettes 01-19-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by ~Stingray (Post 1582881935)
Thank you sir. These are great. You wouldn't have any photos of the other colors in hi-res or the different interiors?

I'm not sure there are any real photos yet of any other color schemes.

GlennSullivan 02-10-2013 07:54 AM

i'm an owner of a c4 1995 and to me the interior of c7 is an upgraded C4 corvette interior , there is nothing new or special about it !! please take a good look at the picture i attached its almost i identical in terms of shape , lines ...etc .

Originally Posted by 95VETTEINMEMPHIS (Post 1582820294)
i totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me Too! I nevery liked the C4 "digital dash" and do not particularly like the C7 layout, especially the divider between the driver and passenger seats.

SouthernSon 02-10-2013 08:24 AM

Best regards,
...z

While on the track the steering wheel really gets a work out. I, too, would hate to see an inadvertent tapping of the wrong switch. Maybe the parallax of the camera position makes it appear closer than it really is. :willy:

Larry/car 02-10-2013 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by GlennSullivan (Post 1583082663)
i'm an owner of a c4 1995 and to me the interior of c7 is an upgraded C4 corvette interior , there is nothing new or special about it !! please take a good look at the picture i attached its almost i identical in terms of shape , lines ...etc .

Me Too! I nevery liked the C4 "digital dash" and do not particularly like the C7 layout, especially the divider between the driver and passenger seats.

:thumbs: The late low mileage model C4's might increase in value. The cockpit setup allows many who can't afford a new C7 the ability to experience the feel of the new car's interior. I always liked the C4, the model that convinced me, I need a Corvette.

Bill17601 02-10-2013 09:23 AM

I laugh at the black wheels. Makes the car look dirty or at least ready for off road. IMO.

They sold 1.5% of last years 2012 cars with black wheels.. Yup it is a trend. But if you want them have at it, it is your car.:thumbs:

SLO VETTE 02-10-2013 10:45 AM

quite a few pics are like that, look at the drivers side quarter panel surrounding the headlight.

you'd think for a showpiece they'd at least get that perfect, and then proceed to screw up the actual production models accordingly.

:lol:

Originally Posted by Walford (Post 1582819290)
That glued-on spoiler is just AWFUL!

Look at the gaps! The damn thing doesn't even fit!

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...S/ricetail.jpg

I hope they have that better-integrated before the car goes into production. I don't know why it can't be part of the rear fascia.

ArcticWhite 02-10-2013 08:02 PM

The could have done a better job detailing the paint as well. Mine is a road going car with 28,000 miles on it and when I detail it, it has less swirl marks than that car! I would have expected more from a car that introduces the corvette to the world!

StuttgartRS 02-11-2013 09:28 AM

Does any one know if all the dash top is in leather, i.e i can see that the red is leather but what about the black part?

SouthernSon 02-11-2013 09:56 AM

IIRC, the C5 and, perhaps, the C6 had panels delivered ready to be installed by the supplier. I'll bet the panel fit of the final production of the C7 will be spot on. The C5, however, never had a decent panel fit. When I park the C4 beside my C5 the panel gaps of the C5 don't even look like it is from the same company. The C5 headlights always had really bad gaps in panel matchups. That might be one reason the C6 had fixed headlights. Easier to get ready-to-install body parts from outside supplier to match up. :thumbs:

JAVid 04-19-2013 08:56 PM

Hard choice 09 ZR1 or C7....

This is an absolute NO BRAINER..! C7 all day! You'll have the newest, by far the best engineered vette ever ever made from the ground up, that as it stand will perform every bit as good or better than A Z06! But u want that 630+HP..... Well no problem wait 6-10 mos. & about $6k more
& now turbo & tuned you'll have a badass new C7 w/ easily 630hp+
But AT THE WHEELS 620-650rwhp monster w/ +4-8 more lbs of boost
& capable of 835 HP (720-725rwhp) easy choice. ESP the way the exhaust manifold is as factory... It's obvious it made for future twin turbo
ZL1 prob will be advertised as 700/700 w/ 0-60 rt bout 3sec & strong 11sec 1/4, (w/ a lil tune from factory will be 10's if the undersized width in rear tire grow to a must 335-345mm) the base model is already too
Narrow! At "450/450"lol heard very close to Z06 torque power
Lines= really bout 480/485hptq! Min 325/35/19-20, Z06-335 &
Next ZR1-345/30!!!!!

BSR-1 04-20-2013 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by JAVid (Post 1583685973)
This is an absolute NO BRAINER..! C7 all day! You'll have the newest, by far the best engineered vette ever ever made from the ground up, that as it stand will perform every bit as good or better than A Z06! But u want that 630+HP..... Well no problem wait 6-10 mos. & about $6k more
& now turbo & tuned you'll have a badass new C7 w/ easily 630hp+
But AT THE WHEELS 620-650rwhp monster w/ +4-8 more lbs of boost
& capable of 835 HP (720-725rwhp) easy choice. ESP the way the exhaust manifold is as factory... It's obvious it made for future twin turbo
ZL1 prob will be advertised as 700/700 w/ 0-60 rt bout 3sec & strong 11sec 1/4, (w/ a lil tune from factory will be 10's if the undersized width in rear tire grow to a must 335-345mm) the base model is already too
Narrow! At "450/450"lol heard very close to Z06 torque power
Lines= really bout 480/485hptq! Min 325/35/19-20, Z06-335 &
Next ZR1-345/30!!!!!

Well, sounds like you're just a wealth of info. Glad you came along! :troll