CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3198922-high-res-pics-of-c7-exterior-interior-and-engine-compartment.html)

speedlink 01-14-2013 01:49 PM

Thank you for the pics.

Very sad to see this. Looks like some untrained high school kids were asked to design the new vette.

Took a bunch of styling cues from many other cars, stuck them together and said there is your new vette.

The back end is about as bad as it gets. If I wanted a Camaro I'd buy one. The rest looks like a parts bin from other car makers were just glued together.

Also, I would need to get some fsih line to remove that dumb badge on the side! Doesn't even look like it belongs there. Besides a horrible design.

Haven't even gotten into the drive train. Will need to see how it performs in about a year. From what I've read so far, it might even be worse with fuel management. On a Vette?

Thankfully, now I'm able to make up my mind. Buy a 2013 427 vert.

The new one doesn't even resemble the heritage of Corvette. Very sad ending.

The only thing that looks like it might be better are the seats. Time will tell.

I did expect changes. Hopefully for the better. Not!

Now I can wait for the C8. :salute:

Joezone914 01-14-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by DON-Z06 (Post 1582820133)
http://www.classicandperformancecar....re.php?id=4843

i'm an owner of a c4 1995 and to me the interior of c7 is an upgraded C4 corvette interior , there is nothing new or special about it !! please take a good look at the picture i attached its almost i identical in terms of shape , lines ...etc .

I was an owner of a C4 as well. IMO, while the shape is similar to the dash in the C4 the design and material are worlds better. Plus leg room and ability to get in and out of the car easier. The one thing they should really take and majorly upgrade from the C4 was the bolstering in the seats. While the seats where flimsy and not great looking they were the best corvette has had in terms of keeping me in place while driving hard.

I think the car came out really good with the exception of the fit & finish gaps that will hopefully be addressed prior to release and the most disappointing part is the rear which I hope will grow on me. Other than that it is a great entry level vette. I can't wait for the more beefy variant ie Z06/ZR1 or whatever they want to call is. Maybe it will be called the fast back. LOL!

RJRSW 01-14-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by speedlink (Post 1582828530)
Thank you for the pics.

Very sad to see this. Looks like some untrained high school kids were asked to design the new vette.
Took a bunch of styling cues from many other cars, stuck them together and said there is your new vette.

:iagree:

I felt the same way when I saw it. Looked to me like one guy designed the front half and another the back half.

It appeared they were given a list of features that should be on the car and they stuck them on even if they didn't really fit. Kind of like trying to use all the features that came in your "Mister Potato Head" kit on one potato.

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/mrpotatohead/

I guess when Obama was doing all the firing of the top brass at GM he should have also included the design team execs because the poor vehicle design over recent years at GM also was a big factor in GM's demise.

mikymu 01-14-2013 03:39 PM

Red C7 look stunning but that was 12 hours ago. After a good night sleep and reflecting on the new C7 suddenly it does not feel "special". This is not a good sign. It means the new design is not timeless and all the sharp straight line are just that - sharp line. The gray C7 below now look like a Hertz rental and the interior is just a rework of the C4 interior. It's still a very good looking car but the beauty will last longer if sharp line are smooth out a bit.

http://s2.postimage.org/d77810u4p/13...rvette_sid.jpg

JTS97Z28 01-14-2013 04:04 PM

You guys that are saying the C7 interior is nothing more than a "reworked C4 interior" are absolutely riduculous. The absolute ONLY similarity is that there is a similar shape around the driver. Absolutely NOTHING more. The C4 interior shouldnt even be talked about in this thread they are not even on the same planet. Then ofcourse if GM designed something sooo radical and different with no similarities to previous vettes you guys would be bitching about that too. I like that they took styling cues from other generations and applied them to this car. At certain angles I see the slim and rounded styling of the Stingray Corvette, similar fighter jet cockpit feel of the C4 interior, and menacing basic exterior shape of the C6. I LOVE IT!!!!!

MEJ 01-14-2013 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by c54u (Post 1582819515)

Check out the spot where the top of the rear bumper meets the quarter panel......ouch.

Didn't the presentation say they addressed the quality?

I know a friend who worked for Mercedes Benz as a body man and he was telling me how the tolerances for body panel gaps are much stricter for European cars than domestic. This, sadly, kind of proves it...
:cry:cry:cry

MEJ 01-14-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by tunaman (Post 1582821630)

Yeah, Jalopniks already got pictures of it!:D:D

zcarbon 01-14-2013 05:10 PM

Thanks For all the pic's fella's, Good job,
Answered many questions.:thumbs:

05dsom 01-14-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette (Post 1582822871)
red line 8200 RPMs

I love the look. I hope its not cheap plastic around the rear tail lights.

tough choice for me 2009 ZR1 or a new C7. Price will be the same

^^ You do realize that tach is from the Aventador, correct?
This engine will no way in hell rev that high (OHV)

ATC399 01-14-2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by 05dsom (Post 1582831101)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

red2012 01-14-2013 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458 (Post 1582822596)
Not to be rude but you could not be more wrong. I just rented a Cayman and that interior is pathetic and cheap!!!

This interior looks very high in quality and technology. It's like a more advanced Audi R8 interior. Well done GM!

i said BOXSTER not CAYMAN or can't you read. and it still doesn't change my mind that the C7 interior still looks CHEAP and thats my opinion.

Umrswimr 01-14-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 1582830209)
You guys that are saying the C7 interior is nothing more than a "reworked C4 interior" are absolutely riduculous. The absolute ONLY similarity is that there is a similar shape around the driver. Absolutely NOTHING more. The C4 interior shouldnt even be talked about in this thread they are not even on the same planet. Then ofcourse if GM designed something sooo radical and different with no similarities to previous vettes you guys would be bitching about that too. I like that they took styling cues from other generations and applied them to this car. At certain angles I see the slim and rounded styling of the Stingray Corvette, similar fighter jet cockpit feel of the C4 interior, and menacing basic exterior shape of the C6. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Calling it a reworked C4 interior isn't a bad thing, IMHO. The LT1 C4 interior, aside from the rattles, was far better than anything in a Corvette since. My C5 is wider, roomier, and more comfortable... but a step backwards for driver engagement and style.

Mark S. 01-14-2013 06:11 PM

Sorry, it's a bit too gaudy for me...looks like the Pontiac Trans Am is back...the design is way too busy (definitely not sleek looking)...I can live with the front half...but that rear is really outlandish...somebody in the design department went crazy!

DaveFerrari458 01-14-2013 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1582831722)
i said BOXSTER not CAYMAN or can't you read. and it still doesn't change my mind that the C7 interior still looks CHEAP and thats my opinion.

Boxster and Cayman are practically the same car. Even a base 911 doesn't have as good as an interior as the C7 judging by the C7 pics.

Perhaps go spend some unbiased time in the Porsche's and you will see what I am talking about.

mirage2991 01-14-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroToSixty (Post 1582825847)
I am quite excited that a company that was in bankruptcy a short time ago can offer a real step up from past Corvettes and its rivals in many ways.

I think it should also be pointed out that many of the naysayers of the new design are individuals that own slower cars or don't have the means to purchase a new Corvette. I am in the second category, but on the whole, I really like the car.

We are very lucky to live in a country where such a variety of vehicles are available for sale at reasonable prices (not to mention the low gas prices). Think about what you can buy new for

30k or so (V8 Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, great handling BRZs, great bang for the buck 370zs and Genesis Coupe).
40k or so (HiPo versions of V8 Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers, base Porsche Boxsters)
50k or so (Top line HiPo versions of the Camaro and Mustang, Porsches mid model Boxster)
60k or so (the new C7 Corvette)
70k to 90k or so (Cadillac CTS-V, GTR, Viper and most of the Porsches)
90k and above..........I don't care, I like having a place to live.

The new C7 Corvette will be able to closely match or out perform every car in its class,.......... at virtually any price point (that includes all the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Lexus LFAs, Porsches, or AMG Mercedes) for about 60k.

That is an engineering triumph in anyone's book.

As far as the styling, it is quite nice in many aspects and the interior is now competitive and far superior to anything in a Corvette ever (but GM makes nicer interiors......look at a G8 or CTS-V)...........I am not in love with some of the detailing and the rear end (which has pointed out ad nauseam).......these are all minor points that can be remedied in the aftermarket.

You can replace much of the detailing with CNC pieces of your own design......and how fast do you think there will be a LED tail light kit that fits in the stock shape and features 4 round lights ?

It would seem that GM may have styled the car's hind quarter a bit to close to the Camaro (a view that most of its competition will become very familiar with).........but on the whole this is a very sweet ride, that looks and performs well and should sell in numbers that will keep the Kentucky plant humming in profitability.

so I'm gonna point out that your price range is off:
entry level boxter is 50, the boxter S is 60 ish, the 991 911 entry level 96 and the viper 120...

RJRSW 01-14-2013 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458 (Post 1582831853)
Boxster and Cayman are practically the same car. Even a base 911 doesn't have as good as an interior as the C7 judging by the C7 pics.

Perhaps go spend some unbiased time in the Porsche's and you will see what I am talking about.

I'm not a big Porsche fan and never have owned one but the new latest 2013 Boxster interior is very classy, they have really stepped up their interior and the quality is extremely high from the one I saw. I found it to be way nicer than my C6 convert which sold for about the same price point when new.

2013 Porsche Boxster S interior pics from car and driver:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

Crunk 01-14-2013 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Skol (Post 1582819340)
great pics, but the car itself makes me cry a little. i'm a younger corvette owner/lover at the ripe old age of 26. to me, they ruined the corvette. i'd probably love this as a different car, but as a corvette it makes me so thankful that i ordered my grand sport c6 two months ago.

Your brain is shielding you from the truth :rofl:.

red2012 01-14-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mirage2991 (Post 1582832081)
entry level boxter is 50, the boxter S is 60 ish, the 991 911 entry level 96 and the viper 120...

Whether you get the boxster or the S you still get the same console the same knobs alot of the same stuff and that STUFF is way better than the C7 console, knobs etc, ..... the whole boxster interior looks much richer than the c7 regardless of whether its a S or not. Hey look i was rooting for a great interior like everyone else as i have a deposit on a C7 also. but now im rethinking my situation as i have no problem keeping my '12 coupe. The C7 interior still looks cheap to me.

dagon138 01-14-2013 07:34 PM

So young 30's guy here.

Front is fine, nothing horrible really. Could be better..
Headlights nice, a bit too much like the viper.
Why does the body color stop like that on the roof?
Paint the front pillars!

Back half is not bad, I like it...
4 exhausts was always stupid, I hate that even on my corvette

Interior: Audi/C4 design rip off not bad though, but I think they're usually okay on design. Except that steering wheel.
Materials: typical crappy GM interior materials.
They'll NEVER GET IT. Seat is slightly better, they tried a little I guess.

Proportion wise I think it looks good, Corvette's always seemed too long.

CitationZ06@yahoo 01-14-2013 07:49 PM

Has any body found the gas cap? or does this thing run on the crushed dreams and opinions of people that just bought a Porsche?

I love it but holding out for the LT5 in 2016!

85Z514+3 01-14-2013 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by CitationZ06@yahoo (Post 1582833030)
Has any body found the gas cap? or does this thing run on the crushed dreams and opinions of people that just bought a Porsche?

I love it but holding out for the LT5 in 2016!

It's in the same location as the C6, right behind the driver's door.

DaveFerrari458 01-14-2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1582832162)
I'm not a big Porsche fan and never have owned one but the new latest 2013 Boxster interior is very classy, they have really stepped up their interior and the quality is extremely high from the one I saw. I found it to be way nicer than my C6 convert which sold for about the same price point when new.

2013 Porsche Boxster S interior pics from car and driver:

Yes the 2013 Boxster has an improved interior over the old body and so does the 2012 911. And yes they are both better than the C6. But go sit inside a Boxster and touch the plastics, etc and you will see they are not all that great.

I still see a better interior in the C7 than those cars. I will reserve my final judgment however till I actually sit inside a C7 and analyze the materials first hand.

mustang1999 01-14-2013 08:08 PM

Some people on the Porsche forums were hating on this updated interior too. They preferred the older that look like crap compared to the new one. Reminds me of the people here hating on the C7.

93LT1 01-14-2013 08:10 PM

The exterior is simply stunning !!! Everything about it is awesome.!!! Nicely done GM.

I do question the interior. It seems exceptable as apposed to exceptional. My final decision will be when I actually sit in it and examine it up close.

I really hope the car is reliable and built well. I'd like to have a performing, non-rattling (solid) dependable corvette at 100K miles that continues to perform.
Make us proud GM!

musclecar6 01-14-2013 08:15 PM

The grey car with tasteful wheels looks really good. The red car with those fugly black wheels looks goofy.

FastEddy 01-14-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458 (Post 1582831853)

The 911: "Used the Beetle to create a car that men would buy".

The Boxster/Cayman: "Used the 911 to create a car that women would buy".

:cheers:

Based on the pics - Love the C-7..... but live and in person will really finalize my opinion.

roadking40 01-14-2013 08:28 PM

In comparison to the R8, not really, but a huge improvement over the C6

Doc V. 01-14-2013 08:29 PM

I'm impressed with the engineering features of the C7. The exterior, however, has too much surface excitement, and the driver's orientation reminds me too much of what I can find in a C4.

No matter: I suspect that the car will be very successful for GM.

E in Phila 01-14-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by 05dsom (Post 1582831101)

I did not realize that, and was thinking "wow, that looks pretty sweet, they did a nice job with that". :rofl:

Nonetheless, it seems they have moved to a center tach, which I think is a good move. It's where a tach should be on a sports car.

FastEddy 01-14-2013 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Skol (Post 1582819340)
great pics, but the car itself makes me cry a little. i'm a younger corvette owner/lover at the ripe old age of 26. to me, they ruined the corvette. i'd probably love this as a different car, but as a corvette it makes me so thankful that i ordered my grand sport c6 two months ago.

Dont fret it Skol, there are what, over a hundred thousand C-6's out there for you to enjoy ?

It was time to stir the kettle...... the soup was getting stale....:D

Daekwan06 01-14-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1582832340)
Whether you get the boxster or the S you still get the same console the same knobs alot of the same stuff and that STUFF is way better than the C7 console, knobs etc, ..... the whole boxster interior looks much richer than the c7 regardless of whether its a S or not. Hey look i was rooting for a great interior like everyone else as i have a deposit on a C7 also. but now im rethinking my situation as i have no problem keeping my '12 coupe. The C7 interior still looks cheap to me.

The $50K Boxster also has about 16hp. Try not to get passed by a Volvo.

Look I get what you guys are saying. But there's a reason why Porsche's cost what they do. And there's a reason why Vette's cost what they do. In other words each car has it pros & cons. You figure out whats more important to you.. and spend your money on that.

sumcollegekid 01-14-2013 08:38 PM

C7

Love every bit of the design. People will just have to get used to tail lights that aren't round. Don't pigeon hole the car as a "Camaro" just because it has square rear lights.

It has taken some time looking at all the pre-release photos to get used to it but I seriously want one. It's got the modern hard stealth fighter lines of a lamborghini gallardo tossed together with some of the more rounded accents of say... a ferrari 599. I'm amazed that they got the low hood line in a front engine car like his. Plus I'm glad that they kept the front engine configuration... heard that they were experimenting with mid-engine vette concept before the economy tanked.

Name me one other base model front engine rear wheel drive GT type car that has this kind of performance for the money?

tudac3-5-6 01-14-2013 08:49 PM

Lets see how many young folks CAN buy a C7!

Originally Posted by Crossofiron (Post 1582819052)
I had a post in the C7 section last week were I stated my opinion that GM knew that they needed to start getting younger buyers, to some of you that would mean paying customers, and I got loads of grief from 4 Jamokes in particular. The actual car just shows me that GM knew exactly what they were doing with the taillights. Going after the non traditional Corvette owner. This car is wonderful looking and from the young guys viewing it with me excitement, this is exactly what Corvette needed.

MikeyTX 01-14-2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by tudac3-5-6 (Post 1582833823)
Lets see how many young folks CAN buy a C7!

I think the big question that needs to be answered is will they want to buy one !

jwbert 01-14-2013 09:01 PM

Rear glass looks like an old AMC Matador. Other than that, Kirk, you done good.:rock:

DaveFerrari458 01-14-2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Daekwan06 (Post 1582833644)
The $50K Boxster also has about 16hp. Try not to get passed by a Volvo.

Look I get what you guys are saying. But there's a reason why Porsche's cost what they do. And there's a reason why Vette's cost what they do. In other words each car has it pros & cons. You figure out whats more important to you.. and spend your money on that.

Don't believe the hype on Porsche interiors, they are not that great.

And don't make excuses for the Corvette low quality interior. That all went out the window with the C7. It looks like GM did a great job. The Pros are now even more for the Corvette than they are for Porsche.

up nprth al 01-14-2013 09:03 PM

show me the ragtop

LT2UnderGlass 01-14-2013 09:18 PM

I've been out of the fold for a while since selling my z. This may bring me back, especially at this price point. I think the car looks great...can't wait for the variants. I may be in the minority here but I even like the rear of the car.

SugarDemon 01-14-2013 09:46 PM

Ferrari influence? - Don't Care. it looks good;
Viper influence? - Don't Care. it looks good;
color criticisms? - I'll find one I like. It's personal preference;
Interior layout looks nice but I want to sit in one.
Back end looks a little busy with all of those angles but I totally get it,... along with the taillight choice. It works and compliments the car.

I think it's awesome. I like it way way better than the C6.

And this is just the base model? :thumbs:

Bagpype 01-14-2013 09:47 PM

Sorry but those tail lights look way Camaro to me as well.Thats the first impression I got. Perhaps, hopefully that will change but for now, Camaro tail lights.

SouthernSon 01-14-2013 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Speedforhire (Post 1582821169)
:iagree:.........yep, posted that earlier. It's nothing but a reworked C4 interior. Shame on GM!

I agree that it has the appearance of an updated C4 layout. However there is no shame deserved. The layout is practical and useful. The execution is a winner. No need to change what works. I like it. With the new materials and electronics it will be well received. :thumbs:

msnbound 01-14-2013 10:08 PM

The C7 is really growing on me.... And I thought I was gonna keep my C6Z forever ...... Oh well...

Stavesacre21 01-14-2013 10:33 PM

Thanks for posting the high res images.

To me personally, it's not working. While the whole euro look to it may be appealing to a younger crowd, it feels like it's lost it's roots. From the front, it doesn't look too bad, but the back end seems like an abomination to the name.

As others have mentioned, i'd have to see it myself first, but right now, C5/C6's are looking like the generation to have.

coolchris 01-14-2013 10:43 PM

Its nice,but like the other guy said i was not expecting this.

StanleyTTU 01-14-2013 10:55 PM

Front end looks nice.

Rear end is a GIANT missed opportunity. It doesn't even look like part of the same car. I've seen tons of amateur renderings that look better right here on this forum.

Looks like buying a C6 Z was the right choice for me. I'll be able to hold out and see what the next gen looks like.

Viper wins out over this gen easy. Maybe the ZR1 will change my mind.

msnbound 01-14-2013 11:04 PM

My wife made me promise her that I will not sell my c6Z for the base C7...... So it will have to be a C7Z for me to get into a C7...... I love that she supports my love for corvettes.... Hell, she even said she will work extra shifts so that I can hold out for the C7Z......

RedWolf 01-14-2013 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by ettevroc1691 (Post 1582819552)
Thanks JAGWelborn for getting the Silver C7 pics posted!

The Silver/Grey looks great. Put in a black interior and I'm sold!!!
The wheels look great in these pics (I'm not a fan of the black wheels)

:iagree:The grey looks great and the wheels look better as well. This is from a torch red owner.
Thanks for the great pics!

sydneyACE 01-14-2013 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Walford (Post 1582819290)
That glued-on spoiler is just AWFUL!

Look at the gaps! The damn thing doesn't even fit!

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...S/ricetail.jpg

I hope they have that better-integrated before the car goes into production. I don't know why it can't be part of the rear fascia.

It's gonna be optional equipment. Part of the Z51 package I think. The owner's manual shows what it looks like without the spoiler. (Much better IMO.)

Timpo 01-14-2013 11:32 PM

C422 01-14-2013 11:40 PM

I disagree

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1582820000)
interior kills? it looks as cheap as it always did.I just happened to be in a new boxster yesterday and i said to my self boy if the new vette looks like this...... wishfull thinking.

How does hand-picked and wrapped leather look cheap? Or the carbon fiber in the center console? Or... anything else? I'm just not seeing the "cheap" in this one. Looks as good as any BMW or Porsche (including the Boxters) I've been in...

Steve Snake Driver 01-14-2013 11:42 PM

Where do they put the battery? In the back like current Z and GS models?

C422 01-14-2013 11:42 PM

How the heck...

Originally Posted by StanleyTTU (Post 1582835264)
Front end looks nice.

Rear end is a GIANT missed opportunity. It doesn't even look like part of the same car. I've seen tons of amateur renderings that look better right here on this forum.

Looks like buying a C6 Z was the right choice for me. I'll be able to hold out and see what the next gen looks like.

Viper wins out over this gen easy. Maybe the ZR1 will change my mind.

...does the Viper win out? The "all new" SRT Viper was slower around the track than the 2009 ZR1 while costing about the same.

The SRT Viper is $40,000 more than the base Corvette, and doesn't significantly outperform it. And has much worse interior, is KNOWN for poor handling (even the new SRT one), and doesn't even beat the old Grand Sports off the line by much while the base Corvette is supposed to be faster than the C6 Grand Sport!

Sounds to me like you're a whiner.

MikeyTX 01-14-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Snake Driver (Post 1582835716)
Where do they put the battery? In the back like current Z and GS models?

No battery .................... It's actually a pedal car ................:D:hide:

Icebourg 01-14-2013 11:46 PM

I want one!!

sixdogs 01-14-2013 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Thud (Post 1582820331)
It's all relative. It's the best Corvette interior so far.

I mean the C5 had a rental car interior and people still bought them. :rofl:

Yeah, but that was then and this was now. Lots more cars around to tempt buyers today. Back then not so much.

at7000ft 01-15-2013 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bone Daddy (Post 1582820416)
the grey car with silver wheels looks 1000% better than those crappy black wheels on the red car. I wasn't feeling so strong until I just saw that grey car above.

REAR RUBBER LOOKS DINKY.

79inSD 01-15-2013 12:58 AM

Looks like most people replying don't track their cars. Look at the C6R then the C7... Wow, talk about buying a race car!!!!! I spent 10s of thousands on my C5Z and this blows it away! Aero looks amazing, cooling is ridiculous, diff and trans... Can't wait to see the nurburgring vids. Hope they take the base there. :woohoo:

EVILNESS 01-15-2013 01:36 AM

So a Camaro had sex with a z8 and a GTR and the c7 was born?

HummelS 01-15-2013 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dragon 79 (Post 1582821512)
I agree. It might be petit, but I don't like the emblem.

I don't care for it either. Five minutes and two feet of fishing line -- gone!

TyroneT 01-15-2013 02:44 AM

Ugly!!!

Extremely disappointing. Hopefully it will look better in real life.

Also, the color combo is ridiculous......nobody is going to take the C7 seriously as a world beater when it looks like it was pieced together for an edition of pimp my ride-high school boy racer.
YUK!

dr damon 01-15-2013 03:28 AM

I really like it. Great job GM. Should be available in some bright colors like synergy green. Synergy green with black wheels would look great!

Just Cruise 01-15-2013 03:38 AM

Hey got a video for yah of the silver one

WHT 01-15-2013 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 1582821151)
That's a little strange and kinda unnecessary.

That comment fits a lot of the C7. Really trying to like the new design (after all, most us want to buy another Corvette). Unfortunately, so many of the exterior lines are busy and in-congruent. It almost looks like four or five designers worked on different areas of the exterior and they simply stuck the individual designs together. Each of the individual designs is great by itself. But, nothing really flows together or blends well into a cohesive structure.

MikeyTX 01-15-2013 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by HummelS (Post 1582836466)
I don't care for it either. Five minutes and two feet of fishing line -- gone!

Along with the chrome "Corvette" letters on the rear. :willy:

E in Phila 01-15-2013 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by TyroneT (Post 1582836599)
Also, the color combo is ridiculous......nobody is going to take the C7 seriously as a world beater when it looks like it was pieced together for an edition of pimp my ride-high school boy racer.
YUK!

The color combo is consistent with the current market for high-end performance cars.

One of the biggest issues GM faces with the Corvette is that it is perceived as an old man's car. They NEED to change that if the vette is to survive and thrive. That means attracting buyers who are in their 30s and 40s. It also means (to a lesser extent) appealing to young kids that will eventually grow into the market.

Whether it's your taste or not, red with black wheels isn't "boy racer", it's just modern. It's what you see on Ferraris and Lamborghinis... cars on the leading edge of sports car design.

And you can still order one in silver with silver wheels.

You_Vette_Your_Ass 01-15-2013 08:27 AM

Look at the crappy spoiler fit and the uneven gap where the hatch meets up with the rear deck.

http://s7.postimage.org/bx51to4yj/23...tte_reveal.jpg
Crappy spoiler fit

http://s7.postimage.org/3k3ycqv4r/24...tte_reveal.jpg
Crappy spoiler fit

http://s7.postimage.org/d5xit1maj/25...tte_reveal.jpg

Crappy spolier fit

http://s7.postimage.org/i74wuetqz/26...tte_reveal.jpg

Operations 01-15-2013 08:31 AM

I like it

11yellowgscpe 01-15-2013 08:38 AM

I guess I'll wait for the C8, maybe it will be a Corvette instead of a Camaro.

Guitarstar 01-15-2013 09:13 AM

Would of liked to see Blue Digital Florescent displays
rather the interior looks like an unorganized video game with ugly color displays.
The plastic dash material's are really disappointing like the buttons.
Do not like that hole in the dash sweep buy the passenger side of the console. :ack:

black24 01-15-2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Big Phil (Post 1582819168)
I agree. GM got the camaro right. Now they got the corvette right!

BINGO!!:flag:

Kappa 01-15-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 11yellowgscpe (Post 1582837556)
I guess I'll wait for the C8, maybe it will be a Corvette instead of a Camaro.

Camaro

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....zl1-fd-opt.jpg

Corvette

http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-co...tingray-02.jpg

Don't see how you could confuse the two.

CorvetteJimZ06 01-15-2013 09:38 AM

JAGWelborn, thank you for posting those great high res pictures. I love the new Corvette and look forward to driving one at our dealership this fall. The looks are great, but to me Corvettes are all about the driving and performance experience and I can't wait to drive one and make a more informed opinion. My gut feeling is that if I drive the new C7 I'll have my checkbook out at the end of the drive.

wachuko 01-15-2013 10:03 AM

I know my son will want to use that excuse when grabbing the keys :rofl: (he is only 10 now, but already knows that he wants a Camaro)

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 1582838034)

Sphinx 01-15-2013 10:34 AM

I think GM nailed this car, except that rear end. Just not digging it at all.

But do we know which model was in the reveal? Is that a Z51 or a base? The literature says that the auto and Z51 cars will have certain heat extractors (on the rear quarters?) that won't be on the base manual car.

The jalopnik sketches showed ZR1's with on the ducts for the rear brakes being "new" over this body work (as well as revised extractors aft of the front wheels). Is there anything else that we're missing?

This bodywork is so "over the top" (in a good way) that it seems this is what the z06 should look like. I wonder what kind of differentiation on the bodies we'll have.

vette61 01-15-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1582820056)
I think the emblem looks awful and most people will not have a clue what it is. Why the hell didn't they use the "Stingray" script from the old days?

Agree!.... where in the hell is the word Stingray?? :rofl:

vette61 01-15-2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DWS44 (Post 1582820396)
If you look close, it's on the dash plaque below the A/C controls:

Geeeezzz, could they have made it any smaller :willy:

RogerC6 01-15-2013 11:10 AM

Another disappointment from GM after looking at this high resolution pictures, is another good from far far from good deal, is it just me or is everyone else blinded by the first impression.
I sincerely hope production improves all the flaws I see in all this pictures, misaligned panels , the spoilers fits incorrectly, the fender and the front bumper don't align correctly, the trunk lid gap is totally warped and then there is the interior, at first glance it looks beautiful but upon a closer look quality seems no better than the past, the steering wheel center is worst that the C6 CHEAP looking, and all the plastic in the door panels and the console are crappy looking, that red thing on top of the dash does not fit correctly and the leather is already pulling out, and the seat has wrinkles were it meets the carbon fiber, you would think GM would get it right at least to impress the world at an unveiling, but if this is it, we are getting another crappy GM product, I'm sure performance wise this car will live to expectations, but at 60K plus it should be better fit and finish and much better interior, lets hope what is in this pictures gets corrected before it hits the showroom, but in the end the Corvette crowd will buy regardless, and GM knows it.

Subw00er 01-15-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by WHT (Post 1582836869)
Really trying to like the new design (after all, most us want to buy another Corvette). Unfortunately, so many of the exterior lines are busy and in-congruent. It almost looks like four or five designers worked on different areas of the exterior and they simply stuck the individual designs together. Each of the individual designs is great by itself. But, nothing really flows together or blends well into a cohesive structure.

I totally agree with this statement. Its an almost pretty design. I give it a C+. I am not a hard line fan on cars and I'm hoping this car presents very differently in person. I see there is a curve across the rear bumper that may look nice in person and I didnt notice it in the pictures right away.

I was going to pre-order the car, but I am going to wait now till I see it in person. I think GM made a big mistake in not taking more risk in designing this car. They had an opportunity to reset and really bring out something special - like the amazing stingray concept we saw a year ago.

I had my hopes up pretty high for this car, and have been saving for a couple years, so I am actually a little depressed after having seen it. I dont think its pretty, but I know its amazing underneath, and the interior is ok, so I am really torn.

I feel they ripped off the r8 rear end with all that black and also the camaro and transformers influence is a huge mistake. If you are going to rip off a key styling cue, dont pull it from a cheaper car or a kids toy. The front looks very ferrari california to me, another car I think is ugly, and the sides, and especially the rear quarter, scream GTR to me, another car I think is ugly.

One other comment that no has been talking about is the auto blip on the manual transmission! What is the fascination with car makers to take the human out of the driving experience equation? I get it, try to get non drivers into the driving thing, but that better be a permanently switchable option because if I have to hit a freaking button every time I get in the car so it doesnt auto blip, that will be really annoying. I am a really driving enthusiast and I expect the corvette to be a real sports car. If I want an automatic car, I'll buy one.

Its almost like GM doesnt know their audience, or poll them while designing this car.. :( All you have to do is look around a Chevy lot and then look around a Hyundai lot to know who has their finger out of their bottom. :thumbs:

Robert 2000 01-15-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by C422 (Post 1582835717)
...does the Viper win out? The "all new" SRT Viper was slower around the track than the 2009 ZR1 while costing about the same.

The SRT Viper is $40,000 more than the base Corvette, and doesn't significantly outperform it. And has much worse interior, is KNOWN for poor handling (even the new SRT one), and doesn't even beat the old Grand Sports off the line by much while the base Corvette is supposed to be faster than the C6 Grand Sport!

Sounds to me like you're a whiner.

Well I would take a new viper over the C7 anyday of the week. I would take a C6 ZR1 over the viper but lets face the facts. The viper is a better looking car and sure it is slower than a ZR1 but last I checked I couldn't approach those lap times in either car so give me my ZR1 or Viper and let me go cruising on my way.

BTW look at my sig the C7 they revealed matches my C5 in terms of color scheme and I am still not a fan of the C7 and it is in the form that I should prefer. :crazy: Funny thing is that this car is done in my favorite color scheme and targeting my age group and I honestly am not a fan (at least not yet).

wachuko 01-15-2013 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Subw00er (Post 1582839686)
...One other comment that no has been talking about is the auto blip on the manual transmission! What is the fascination with car makers to take the human out of the driving experience equation? I get it, try to get non drivers into the driving thing, but that better be a permanently switchable option because if I have to hit a freaking button every time I get in the car so it doesnt auto blip, that will be really annoying. I am a really driving enthusiast and I expect the corvette to be a real sports car. If I want an automatic car, I'll buy one...

You have to drive a car like that before you rule it out like you are doing. Believe me, for a car freak like me, it is just music to my ears every time I hear the car blip the throttle during shifts... sounds frigging amazing. This was while driving a Porsche 911 (the new 991). And the C7 , from the videos, seems to have a sweeter engine/exhaust note than the 911. I just can't wait to hear it blip during shifts :willy: This car is going to be more of a driver's car than the previous generations :thumbs:

Yeah, you can tell I am really looking forward to ownership, wooohoooo!!! :woohoo:

Dave68 01-15-2013 03:09 PM

I'm sure you guys noticed the slotted-only rotors. Almost all racing teams using stock bodies use slotted-only rotors (for good reason), yet quite a few sports cars came equipped with drilled rotors. The exception was Viper, which still does come with slotted rotors.
I congratulate GM for getting away from bling features. The air ducts are functional and finally, so are the geometric patterns in the friction surfaces of the brake rotors.

Suns_PSD 01-15-2013 03:18 PM

The rev matching is a GREAT feature.

I remember the first time I drove a 370Z w/ that feature I thought "I will not purchase a new car unless it includes this feature."

sixdogs 01-15-2013 03:32 PM

So...what is the general view of the car from the outside world that is not a part of this forum? Does the public like the car? Kids? Old guys? Women? The press?

chaase 01-15-2013 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by jvp (Post 1582824974)
Yes, it's a small lift-button similar to the window control on our cars, and it's located right behind the shifter, next to the control knob. It electronically actuates the hydraulics on all 4 calipers, bringing the car to an emergency stop... Right. Now!

One of the advantages of the system: the rear rotor no longer needs to be engineered with a hub in it for the parking brake.

GM brought this system to light in current CTS-Vs, and it works almost violently. My CTS-V designer buddy told me to try it out carefully on an open road with no traffic around, so I could experience what the system could do. He was right: the car decelerated quite abruptly when I lifted the lever.

It works.

jas

Interesting...I wonder if you could tweak the system to make it act like a line lock for the drag strip.

Young_Z06 01-15-2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Walford (Post 1582819290)
That glued-on spoiler is just AWFUL!

Look at the gaps! The damn thing doesn't even fit!

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...S/ricetail.jpg

I hope they have that better-integrated before the car goes into production. I don't know why it can't be part of the rear fascia.

they'll claim it's for improved aerodymanics like the rest of the vents and ducts all over the thing:D

Kratos-TM 01-15-2013 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by You_Vette_Your_Ass (Post 1582837471)
Look at the crappy spoiler fit and the uneven gap where the hatch meets up with the rear deck.

http://s7.postimage.org/bx51to4yj/23...tte_reveal.jpg
Crappy spoiler fit

http://s7.postimage.org/3k3ycqv4r/24...tte_reveal.jpg
Crappy spoiler fit

http://s7.postimage.org/d5xit1maj/25...tte_reveal.jpg

Crappy spolier fit

http://s7.postimage.org/i74wuetqz/26...tte_reveal.jpg

OH WOW.....that looks horrible! :ack:

2K3Z06 01-15-2013 04:39 PM

The fit and finish is typical of an Merican car. Which is not good. I really believe that the japanese, build better cars.

Hopefully they can address the poor fit, amauter level build quality. I have seen kit cars with better panel gaps.

Just keep saying, its only a prototype.........

Lets just hope Tom Peters and Kirk Binion are sent to Buick or fired, before they start working on the C8.

cviola2005 01-15-2013 04:41 PM

Even more pictures.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-...#photo-5565919

NJLS708 01-15-2013 04:47 PM

Is it me or does the carbon fiber dash treatments look kind of cheap looking? Looks like a dull finish on the CF. Not very appealing to me. Thoughts?

wachuko 01-15-2013 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by NJLS708 (Post 1582843030)
Is it me or does the carbon fiber dash treatments look kind of cheap looking? Looks like a dull finish on the CF. Not very appealing to me. Thoughts?

That is actually the best way to finish the Carbon Fiber... none of that shiny stuff... You really need to look at it in person. That treatment, imho of course, is more elegant and screams high-end interior. Again, imho.

NJLS708 01-15-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 1582843085)
That is actually the best way to finish the Carbon Fiber... none of that shiny stuff... You really need to look at it in person. That treatment, imho of course, is more elegant and screams high-end interior. Again, imho.

Yes but those pics make it look like the CF was basically stuck onto another surface instead of crafted as part of the dash. I guess I will have to see it in person before I make final judgement.

You_Vette_Your_Ass 01-15-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by NJLS708 (Post 1582843030)

Same thing I thought. Even though the "premium" materials are there, it still looks plastic-y to me at least in the pics. Maybe it looks better in person.

ufso 01-15-2013 05:16 PM

Why no pics of the rear hatch open, or did I miss them?

ZeroToSixty 01-15-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mirage2991 (Post 1582832081)

It certainly is,.........I have not shopped in that range for a while........but the higher pricing than stated makes an even better argument that the C7 will be a world beater.

bcmarly 01-15-2013 05:24 PM

It's pre production, get a life.

E.T.D. Corvettes 01-15-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ufso (Post 1582843393)
Why no pics of the rear hatch open, or did I miss them?

Here ya go :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psed00b220.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...0a36.image.jpg

Jackal 01-15-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by 95VETTEINMEMPHIS (Post 1582820294)
i totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I had seen that instrument setup before!!!! OMG its the C4 Interior!

roarkace 01-15-2013 07:18 PM

Come-on man ,why o why did they have to do those tail lights !!!!!!

SouthernSon 01-15-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by bcmarly (Post 1582843514)
It's pre production, get a life.

:iagree: I don't know whether to feel sorry for their ignorance or despise their obvious attempts to disparage. :toetap:

Vette_Pilot 01-15-2013 07:35 PM

They could have done better than to use the Camero's tail lights!!! :willy: :willy: