CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   39 years old and under enter...what do you think? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3198919-39-years-old-and-under-enter-what-do-you-think.html)

RC000E 01-13-2013 08:35 PM

39 years old and under enter...what do you think?

Wanted to get more answers from the younger demographic that they targeted. Please don't vote or contaminate results if you are 40 or older...

I guess I'll add my specifics...just wanted to get the poll up.

I'm 35, owner of multiple Corvettes. I was reserved about the design based on all the renderings for some time now. I will say, that when the car rolled out...I was like HOLY F***, that's sick! Red with black wheels was a great look to roll out with in my opinion...a great look.

I really can't say I have much negative to say. They pushed the limits...and when you push the limits, people that are resistant to change aren't going to like it, or it may take them time. This car is built for racing, and very inspired by the ALMS team. If you like ALMS racing, I cannot see you NOT liking this car. You need to step up to the plate to be competitive in the market place. In hindsight, had Corvette come out with some mild upstyling, people would've cried it was a C6.5, not a C7. They needed to do this to indicate that the car was dramatically redesigned.

Lower weight, great technology, Zxx models are going to be stunners based on this bottom model, world class styling...I say WORLD, because I think it speaks to all nations based on what's for sale there, tons of capability. Michelin made tires JUST for this car, patented technologies just for this car, very track oriented, great seats, better interior....all the gripes of C5 and C6 critics...I think they hit it all.

This is going to be an OUTSTANDING machine, as well as a force to be reckoned with...

FloydSummerOf68 01-13-2013 08:38 PM

28 here and have owned my C6 since I was 22.

I was hoping it would get me as excited as I was from the C5 to the C6. I hated the C5 and instantly wanted a C6 when it debuted.

The C7 rear-end seems odd. I don't care at all about round or square tail lights...the rear just seems like it's missing something or has too much of something...can't quite put my finger on it. Love it from a head-on view.

The interior looks like it will be dated quickly. I was expecting to see something that appeared to be higher tech, which this does not. The sport seats get me excited though, so I can't complain about that, nor should anyone else be able to :)

I'll be checking one out in person when I can to make my decision, but right now I'm not too excited and will be looking at some other cars, although I really don't know what right now. I was banking on falling in love with the C7. The Houston Auto Show is coming up in a couple weeks and I'm sure they'll have a C7, so I'll be going there to get a hands-on look at it and make final judgement.

Honestly I was hoping to be excited about this car seeing the pictures like I was seeing the pictures of the newest gen Viper. I think that could have something to do with my disappointment. The Viper seemed to nail it in every aspect interior and exterior and I was counting on Chevy to do the same.

Anyway...put me down for completely undecided right now. In person will tell the tale.

M_C7 01-13-2013 08:40 PM

im 33 and im liking the techy / race aspects of it ... digital dash is reminiscent of the LFA and 458 and new Viper and the liberal use of exposed carbon is also right up my ally. like the presenters said it does have a more international feel to it ....so i like the direction and hopefully it breaks the stigma the vette has had for so long which is old man or redneck. not trying to hurt anyones feelings but thats what they say out side of the corvette bubble lol.... I think i read 46% of all vettes sold last year were 55 and older which is great and backbone of the brand but i would like for the brand to been seen as more of a racing technology packed car than an over capable weekender like most use it as. I had a C5 when i was 18 and a C6 when i was 24 and while they were awesome i never at the emotional attachment to them at that age like i felt i should.

but then again i drive the most cliche 30 something appealing race/techy car ever made so im biased

Blackkaz04 01-13-2013 08:40 PM

it looks way more modern that the current C6. I'm 30 and my camaro SS will be going up for sale in the next two months. I love the interior the most. :thumbs::rock::cheers::woohoo:

billythekid310 01-13-2013 08:40 PM

23 here and I've had two C6s (07 and 09) and will definitely be getting the new C7. I love the styling it is very aggressive. Finally up to date with the interior. Also as said the upgraded seats are awesome. Can not wait.

jdhommert 01-13-2013 08:41 PM

27 and I love it! I'm a vette guy, car guy first.

Can't wait to hear the curb weight.....

My dream would b eable to afford one of these babies in a couple-few years.....

Z0Sick6 01-13-2013 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1582818626)

The C7 rear-end seems odd. I don't care at all about round or square tail lights...the rear just seems like it's missing something or has too much of something...can't quite put my finger on it. Love it from a head-on view.

I am 27 and have had 3 C5s (1 z06) and 1 JSB 08 C6.

I agree a lot with what you said above that I quoted.

Overall I like the car, I think the interior could of been better, more CF in middle console area. Also, feel that they could of made a way better steering wheel. The center looks out of place/clunky.

A nice upgrade from a C6, I will reserve my final rating (1-10) once I see performance #s and lap times.

Right now without performance #s I would give it an 85% on a test..

5abivt 01-13-2013 08:42 PM

34 here had my c4 since I was 18 and still havent seen a new model make me want to get rid of it uncluding the c7. if anything I want a c5 z06 or vert. the c6 headlights are fail as well as the chopped rear end. the c7.. has some really nice lines.. but there is just so much that is just plain gross. the guitar logo on the side... the back end is just wow.. so fail. i'd like to slap that designer across the face with my dirty shoe.

The interior... man I have to admit Im kind of upset. I love my c4 interior and they flat out copied it. I was hoping I could laugh at the new c7 interior like the 5/6.

CaryBob 01-13-2013 08:42 PM

How do we know that was the target?

The average new car buyer in the US is 55. Two-thirds of all new cars are sold to people over 50. That's ALL cars of all types. Why do we think Corvette is targeting the Ford Focus demographic?

FloydSummerOf68 01-13-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6 (Post 1582818712)

Overall I like the car, I think the interior could of been better, more CF in middle console area. Also, feel that they could of made a way better steering wheel. The center looks out of place/clunky.

A nice upgrade from a C6, I will reserve my final rating (1-10) once I see performance #s and lap times.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

The steering wheel is a big disappointment to me. My SRT8 Charger has a much sportier wheel :(

I was also hoping for more CF in the console.

Oh, and the stingray emblem....if you were going for a younger demographic you should've just left that off. Very tacky.

RC000E 01-13-2013 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by CaryBob (Post 1582818726)
How do we know that was the target?

The average new car buyer in the US is 55. Two-thirds of all new cars are sold to people over 50. That's ALL cars of all types. Why do we think Corvette is targeting the Ford Focus demographic?

They stated much of their target was the "younger" demographic in the autoweek video that just released minutes ago.

The reveal car was red with black wheels...not an "old guy" look...no offense. Not saying no older guys like it, but many don't based on many I've spoken with spanning the years in the custom car business.

Bucknut2006 01-13-2013 08:51 PM

35 here, owned a C6 and now have a V. The car is awesome in almost all respects of performance and looks. There are some odd pieces, but to me, the C6 looks dated in comparison. I also like that they kept physical buttons for common controls like HVAC, suspension, but went with a touch screen and digital dash.

Big Phil 01-13-2013 08:51 PM

The got it right!

I'm 39, but was 29 when i bought my first vette, a new C5 at the time.

In my opinion the C7 fixed everything that was wrong with the C6.

It fixes the flat azz of the C6.

The new headlights are way better than the C6.

Even as a base model the C7 looks like a grand sport with all air ducts and hood scoops. Which was the problem with the C6. The base C6, just sucked. Only the GS/Z06/ZR1's looked good imo.

To me the C7 looks very modern and commands attention. Similar to a nissan GTR, which we all know are popular with youngsters.

I think GM will succeed with this.

burtonbl103 01-13-2013 08:52 PM

im 39 own a 61 C1 and a 2005 Lingenfelter c6 600 Hp and i do like the c7 but will wait for the high performance model

JWell 01-13-2013 08:52 PM

31, I have a GS and honestly I was hoping for more HP. If I get a C7 it would have to be a Z06/ZR1 or whatever they come out with.

RC000E 01-13-2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6 (Post 1582818712)

Right now without performance #s I would give it an 85% on a test..

Originally Posted by jdhommert (Post 1582818706)
Can't wait to hear the curb weight.....

Agreed!!!

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1582818761)
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

The steering wheel is a big disappointment to me. My SRT8 Charger has a much sportier wheel :(

I was also hoping for more CF in the console.

Oh, and the stingray emblem....if you were going for a younger demographic you should've just left that off. Very tacky.

One thing we should consider is, if you look at the C6 base vs Z06...the base is more catered to the older/cruiser crowd. The chrome trim in the front of C7, maybe stingray emblem, maybe steering wheel, etc may go on a Z06. We can hope.

My ONLY dislikes were the chrome trim in the grill and that stingray emblem...both EASY fixes for me...they'll be gone. Nothing else really spoke to me in a negative way. The car is pretty badass...

Jaboor 01-13-2013 08:53 PM

21 here and had an 08 C6

Love the C7 but hope there's more than 450 HP

Smooth9883 01-13-2013 08:54 PM

29 and have had a 2002, 2010 GS, and 2012 GS. I will be getting a 2014! GM nailed it. This car will compete with super-cars around the world. Not just in performance, but also in appearance. A big win for the US of A!

ChevyCobb 01-13-2013 08:54 PM

30 years old here...currently own a C6Z06 for the last 3.25 years

I love the car in anything other than red or probably yellow.

I think the darker colors will look better with all of the black venting trim pieces.

Looking forward to seeing what else pops up between now and the time it hits lots. I will also hold out and see what a higher performance model brings and what it will cost.

masksqueeze 01-13-2013 08:54 PM

I've owned several Corvettes over the last 10 years. Several C5s and C5Z06, FRCs. 1 C6 Coupe, 1 C6 Z06.

The C7 is impressive. Would buy.