CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Scale from 0 – 10 What Do You Think of the NEW C7? Thread (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3198760-the-official-scale-from-0-o-10-what-do-you-think-of-the-new-c7-thread.html)

BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET. 01-14-2013 03:15 PM

Not real happy about all the black plastic looking vents and trim tail lights. Cheap looking, and this car is going to be a black trim Q tip detailing time user.
I like the over all look, just not happy that the quick clean up car lines are gone.

ATC399 01-14-2013 03:18 PM

10..its a Vette..guilty fan-boy here...

J-Rod 01-14-2013 03:20 PM

Froma performance perspective it looks like a real winner. I will be interested in seeing how a set of 18's look on the car race for race tires.

I like the little Stingray logo on the side vent. I think GM made some huge improvements on the interior. Looking form the back I like the styling of the back window. Front is very similar to the new Ferrari, Definitely a good look.

The only thing I am not digging so far is the tail lights.

sixdogs 01-14-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by MrKris (Post 1582826632)

Agreed. Something of classic styling like this is what they should have done.

rpanesar 01-14-2013 03:21 PM

I would have to give it a 8....I have to see it in person and drive one to improve on that rating. I will however only consider jumping into the C7 once the Z06 version is available.

racebum 01-14-2013 03:23 PM

8, has a few things i would change but the overall isn't bad. steering wheel needs to go and the rear needs to be blended a bit better

Voytek 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

Ugly!

My zo6 looks like a sports car. The C7 looks like someone puked onto a camaro.

dochorsepower 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

6 - one point off for each: Camaro rear end, not-round tail lights, Mustang rear quarter windows, side view that looks awkward like a ricer aero kit. It's a shame that all the high tech engineering is wrapped in this body. More in the long line of bad GM decisions.

bigterpsfan 01-14-2013 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by sixdogs (Post 1582829688)

Agreed - hopefully they change it up for the high performance version. I really am trying to like it though.

bgenerous 01-14-2013 03:30 PM

I give it an 8 out of 10, can't wait to see one in person.

Axial 01-14-2013 03:31 PM

It gets a 7 in my book, no pun intended.

Why? Because it follows the aero too much and because they borked meshing the rear with the rest of the car. I appreciate the performance reasons for aero, but I see tons of performance cars that don't look at all like the Corvette and still get away with moving around the track just as quickly and even more quickly in some cases. You can't tell me the styling was all aero. If you take the side profile, colour it as one black silhouette, and put it next to silhouettes of C5 and C6, they look really, really similar. It's not risky enough.

I'd still get one though. :D

prinzSD455 01-14-2013 03:35 PM

An 8/9

sixdogs 01-14-2013 03:46 PM

I'll add that the C6 was the first Vette to visually be exciting to me since my 1956 back in the 1960's. The C7 strikes me more as change for the sake of change and more of a corporate pushed "Retro Vette" in that it seems a blend of ideas that had already proven individually popular back in the day but might not work as a package.

Naturally, my view is subjective but I had hoped for more considering all the talk of a complete re-tooling and all the hush-hush secrecy.

It's really like it or lump it since it's going to be around for a while and I don't like it. From an evolution of style view and it just misses on what could have been and my guess it will not fare well as one of the classics of our era. And shucks, I wanted to buy one.

mnavarro 01-14-2013 04:24 PM

Ok.. 6.5-7. The front end and 3/4 view is pretty awesome. I prefer vents painted same color (looks overall much better in cyber grey) I'm not a purist, I don't think the tail lights ruin it, I think all the vents angles and oversized valence make it look Aztekish. This rear end is fugly. I don't get how somebody can give this a 9 with a rear like that. It's like rating a woman a 9 with cankles and kilos of cottage cheese on her butt.

I think the ZR1 looks better. I would probably buy a used ZR1 vs a 2014. I also think the new boxster rocks.

gregm999 01-14-2013 04:25 PM

Finalatom 01-14-2013 04:31 PM

I love the look, but have to give it an 8 for the Camaro rear end. They should have worked in the round lights. The interior looks awesome.

BWF07 01-14-2013 04:33 PM

:iagree:

As the owner of every past generation (except C1) I waited for this unveiling expecting to see something different then what I saw a year ago. So here I go.

Ok I need to see the interior in real life and sit in it before I make any final judgement, but if you don't like the exterior, then the interior does not do it.

As far as a rating I give the new design a 3-4. The entire back from the B-Pillar back needs to be redone. The small side glass make it look like a Mustang or GTR or any other car that has a back seat. I of course have not sat in it but I believe that the shape of the rear hatch glass is going to supply a few blind spots and finally the rear tail lights need to be revamped. Although not truly Camaro tail lights, they give that impression.

last901 01-14-2013 04:40 PM

Hmmmm, can't really tell for sure until I see it in the flesh, but at this point I'd give it a 6, maybe a 7. Why?

It looks as though it was designed by a video came engineer

Does it really have an engine that shuts down to a 4-cylinder, ala those miserable 8-6-4 Cadillacs that GM tried some years ago.

The rear end is not only hideous, but looks as though Chevrolet had a surplus of Camaro parts they need to rid themselves if.

The Stingray emblem is silly and of no redeeming value.

All that engineering and it weighs more than a current C6?

Very happy to see an upgraded interior, but then it will be added to the price, I'm sure, vis-a-vis the C6.

I do like the new crossed-flags emblem.

It does appear it will maintain its position as the best bang for the buck.

Let's just say I'm not ready to run down to the local dealer for one, but I might think more about something like a 60th anniversary C6 coupe before they are al gone.

I'd never buy a first year model of anything GM built in any event.

Give me a couple of years an I may adjust to it. That said, I loved the C5 and the C6 the from the day they were introduced. Not so the C7.

sly4458 01-14-2013 04:41 PM

7/8. Not impressed with rim selection.

s'noJob 01-14-2013 04:45 PM

Don't forget that C4 owners (and even C5 owners) were not too thrilled with the C5 butt on its introduction.