CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Hoping C7 will cause C6 prices to drop! (Merged) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3196642-hoping-c7-will-cause-c6-prices-to-drop-merged.html)

JimmyLee 01-09-2013 11:21 PM

Hoping C7 will cause C6 prices to drop! (Merged)

Yes, that's right. I hope the introduction of the new C7 will cause C6 prices to drop significantly, as I want a second C6 for my spare garage!

Let's see...base convertible, GS convertible, 427 convertible. Juicy.

The C6 is a timeless design like the C1-C3.

CO Lightfoot 01-10-2013 12:51 AM

Significantly drop? Nope.

Consider:
-- C6 prices will firm-up as usual this summer, coincidentally when C7 hits the streets
-- C7 prices will be ridiculous at many dealers for the first year, maybe longer

IMO the best time to buy a C6 is this winter -- after the C7 intro next week.

Sm5654 01-10-2013 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot (Post 1582782877)
Significantly drop? Nope.

Consider:
-- C6 prices will firm-up as usual this summer, coincidentally when C7 hits the streets
-- C7 prices will be ridiculous at many dealers for the first year, maybe longer

IMO the best time to buy a C6 is this winter -- after the C7 intro next week.

:iagree:

MarkRx 01-10-2013 02:12 AM

The price of my 2012 Z06 may go up!

netacoma2003 01-10-2013 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot (Post 1582782877)
IMO the best time to buy a C6 is this winter

Just bought my '09 3LT base vert in late November. Additionally, I flew out of my market to get basically the same Vette for ~$5K less than local dealerships.

C7Joy 01-10-2013 06:52 AM

I get the point but don't think I would welcome the value of my car going down more than normal depreciation. :ack:

FortMorganAl 01-10-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MarkRx (Post 1582783124)

:iagree: Since the C7 would be a big step down in hp from the Z06, the Z06 will command a premium when people realize this simple fact. On the other hand, the base C6 will decrease.

studiovette 01-10-2013 07:25 AM

I feel in this day and age with the economy in the crapper and most of us saying that we do not like the new design esp. The camaro tails maybe not too many will rush out to buy this C7 and Chevy will be forced to drop prices earlier then we think. I really don't think the demand is gonna be as high as it was for the C6. It's 8 years later and we are living in a different economic world now. Most Smart Corvette enthusiast know to wait at least a year anyway until all the kinks are worked out. I dunno I guess we will see.
I am actually very thankful that I had the opportunity that I did when I bought my new 2012 GS back in April. I built it the way I wanted and will have it for many years to come. Not to mention the killer deal I got on a loaded 4LT. And perhaps as the OP mentioned ill add another to the stable depending on pricing. I would love a ZR1. :smiliedrool:

NSANEC6 01-10-2013 07:36 AM

As butt-ugly as the renderings I have seen for the C7 appear I don't think you can count on the C6 taking a bashing. I hope the C6 in all it's versions becomes the icon of the Corvette line. One of these days when all the progressives get wise to the fact of what kind of government they have elected and everyone is forced to drive around in hybrid smart cars with ecm's that report your every driving habit to the NTSB the fond memories of owning a C6 will be unforgettable.

dvilin 01-10-2013 07:54 AM

Might be surprised and love the C7 than wish you had one instead of a C6.
Most acting like the C7 is going to be horrible and their C6 is going to be a gem forever.
Well who knows but we will soon.

b4i4getit 01-10-2013 08:20 AM

I have a feeling the Z06 and ZR1 may keep their value at least until the new versions of those come out. If the reaction to the C7 rear end is overwhelmingly negative I would not be surprised to see GM do a little tweak for the next year since it would be relatively cheap to do. That is why I would exercise caution on buying the first year C7 since they may make some subtle changes to that car in the following year.

Mardis Gras 01-10-2013 08:30 AM

After weighing all the options, I decided on a 2013 GS 4LT Vert is SS Blue. I went with Rick Conti here on the forum and the whole procedure was flawless. They had some great incentives last month, and I managed to take advantage of those.

On pricing, here is my $.02 and worth maybe as much....All orders have closed back in October / What's out in dealer allocation and to be built will have to hold them until the C7 actually rolls off the line / I think you will find nice deals, but not really any 'fire sales'.

In the end, I'm happy with my selection, and got a great deal. No matter what the C7 looks like, I wanted to wait for the performance version which may be down the line. Given potential first year associated manufacturing issues.....this is the route I chose.

StanNH 01-10-2013 08:32 AM

Having just sold my 2009 vert, I can tell you that the market for the C6 is strong. NADA and KBB give different values, but most low mileage C6's are being sold for the upper retail range of pricing.

Given that this is the worst time of the year to sell a car like the Corvette, that's pretty impressive.

I have no idea whether or not the C7 will be a success for GM, but it's getting decidedly mixed reviews based on the pre-introduction renderings. Unless there's something dramatically different when the actual car is unveiled, I'm not convinced that the C6 will be seen as the less desirable option. It wouldn't surprise me to see C6 values actually increase.

JW Motorsports 01-10-2013 08:36 AM

Yep hoping to snatch up a C6Z from the guy who must have the newest body style :thumbs:

FortMorganAl 01-10-2013 08:56 AM

When the C6 first came out there was a lot of negative reaction but when people saw that you could effectively get a C5 Z06 just called a base C6, the rush to get one was on. The C5 Z06 produced 405hp, 0-60 in 3.9, and a 12.6 quarter. The base C6 started at 405hp, 0-60 in 4.1, and a 12.6 quarter. The C6 also got 10% better gas mileage as if that mattered. The C5 Z06 cost about $52K and the base C6 cost $44K. That's pretty much a no-brainer. Suddenly everyone wanted a C6 and you couldn't give away a C5.

The C7 is NOT a C6 Z06. Instead of 505hp it is 450hp. Speeds will be little different from the current base model. Mileage will be a little better but again, does that really matter? And the price? You really think it will have a sticker price 15% less than the comparable C6?

There was a reason the C5 price fell when the C6 was introduced and there is a reason why the C6 price won't fall as much when the C7 starts being delivered.

jimmie jam 01-10-2013 08:56 AM

Depends on the MSRP of the C7 and what "state of the art" improvements it will offer. It's coming could make the 6 more attractive and not hurt prices at all other than normal. Bottom line, who knows.....does it really matter?

philip_g 01-10-2013 09:07 AM

that's funny because the rest of us are hoping they don't :D

Tonylmiller 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

I'm not planning on selling my C6 for a long time, so it doesn't matter to me.

sprta 01-10-2013 09:14 AM

Interesting that Kerbeck raised the price of a Base Coupe by 3500.00 starting Jan 1 2013. So much for prices going down

z51vett 01-10-2013 09:15 AM

Mine too then I can afford the Zo6 with Mag ride or z07.
z51vett:hide:

TLS_Addict 01-10-2013 09:23 AM

Doesnt matter, I am keeping my 2013 for quite a while. :)

su8pack1 01-10-2013 09:26 AM

:crazy2:

nate1121 01-10-2013 09:32 AM

Of course the C6 prices will drop... There are a lot of really informed and smart car guys that hang out here on the forum... there are 10 retirement cruisers, status symbols, and keeping up with Jones' Vettes out there for every one of the guys and girls who really appreciate and DRIVE their cars. That reason alone will cause decline. On top of that, while the C6 is an outstanding performance platform and a good looking car, it is FAR from perfect (see: Interior, Seats, general quality control). The C7 should and probably will be a much better built car (fit and finish of other GM products has improved greatly) with an interior on par with where it should have been for years. Add to this the new, more powerful base engine on a lighter platform (less than current Z06 weight) and you have performance potential that will exceed the high marks set by the C6. It is certainly true that a lot of people will wait to purchase until after the first MY and that there will be a crowd who wait on the Z... But Z's represent a fraction of Vette owners. There will be PLENTY of C7 Vettes rolling off the lot and, after all, we should be hoping that this is the case... that GM got this new car right and that the great heritage of the car will continue for another generation to grow up with.

FOOTNOTE: Owned a C5Z... looking to get into a C6 in the near future so please don't take this as C6 bashing because I think it's a great car. Just trying to make a point.

wayback 01-10-2013 09:34 AM

We will have to wait and see.

My feeling is there will be the normal early buyers who have to have the latest and greatest. Then the rest of us will take about a year for the C7 to grow on us.

So I do not see a price drop till the second production year of the C7, if at all.

I owned a C5 when the C6 was introduced and did not fall in love at first sight. I did fall in love with my first test drive though and have been DD them since.:thumbs:

I hope the C7 knocks my socks off and that my C6 holds its value. I want it all!!!:D

TLS_Addict 01-10-2013 09:38 AM

They may drop but it is not going to be by much. Early ones may drop more but for the most part I dont see it happening. They are too similar from 2005-2013.

jschindler 01-10-2013 09:54 AM

The best thing that can happen for C6 prices to stay up is if the C7 is a big hit. The longer C7's go out the door at or near list, the better used Corvette prices will hold up. Used prices are directly proportional to what a new one sells for, regardless of whether it is a new generation or not.

Johnny_B_Good 01-10-2013 10:04 AM

Based on what I’ve seen of the C7 thus far, I got to believe the value of my ’13 will increase.:yesnod:
Only time will tell. :toetap:

peter pan 01-10-2013 10:06 AM

It will depend on the economy as Vettes are a niche product:rock:

Johnny_B_Good 01-10-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by sprta (Post 1582784250)
Interesting that Kerbeck raised the price of a Base Coupe by 3500.00 starting Jan 1 2013. So much for prices going down

Yes, I saw that......glad I purchased mine back in October.

wsharp24 01-10-2013 12:28 PM

You have hit a home run...my thoughts exactly on the C7...we should all hope it is a great car and an improvement over the C6.

CO Lightfoot 01-10-2013 12:58 PM

Used C6 prices will also reflect the low production for the last 4 years.

nate1121 01-10-2013 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny_B_Good (Post 1582784656)
Based on what I’ve seen of the C7 thus far, I got to believe the value of my ’13 will increase.:yesnod:
Only time will tell. :toetap:

Not sure I see the logic here. The C7 will be lighter, faster, and more refined than the C6. This conversation happens every time a new generation is launched... and every time, the new car "grows" on everybody and before you know it, the discussion ends itself. Of course, until they leave the factory, everything is conjecture but stating that a nearly 10 year old platform is going to increase in value in the shadow of a new generation of Vette doesn't seem like a good bet to me. ALso consider the number of cars that will be traded toward the C7 in the first couple years of production... So not only do you have a decrease in demand due to a new model, but you have an increase in supply because of trades or private sales. Do some math. It may take a few months but prices WILL drop. You can already find low miles LS3 cars for around 30 grand as it is!

sprta 01-10-2013 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny_B_Good (Post 1582784702)
Yes, I saw that......glad I purchased mine back in October.

Well its actually worse if you decide to take the 1.59 financing add another 2000.00 to the base price (Now its 5500.00 more). Last Dec the low price included the 1.59 financing.

Johnny_B_Good 01-10-2013 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by nate1121 (Post 1582786312)
Not sure I see the logic here. The C7 will be lighter, faster, and more refined than the C6. This conversation happens every time a new generation is launched... and every time, the new car "grows" on everybody and before you know it, the discussion ends itself. Of course, until they leave the factory, everything is conjecture but stating that a nearly 10 year old platform is going to increase in value in the shadow of a new generation of Vette doesn't seem like a good bet to me. ALso consider the number of cars that will be traded toward the C7 in the first couple years of production... So not only do you have a decrease in demand due to a new model, but you have an increase in supply because of trades or private sales. Do some math. It may take a few months but prices WILL drop. You can already find low miles LS3 cars for around 30 grand as it is!

Of course the C6 is NOT going to increase in value….but then again a new ’13 C6 that I purchased back in October would cost me $3,500 more if I purchased it today. Some say it would cost $5,500 more if you factor in the loss of the 1.59 financing. Right now I’m enjoying my C6 and I don’t have any intention of acquiring a base C7 so resale value for me is not much of an issue.:cheers:

Supersonic 427 01-10-2013 07:23 PM

I too noticed Kerbecks discounts on new Vettes are substantially lower than they were prior to Jan 2. Glad I bought when I did in October!.

I don't believe we will see substantial discounts on the C6 when the C7 is introduced. Keep in mind the C7 will have a price increase and few if any will be discounted for the first year.

steve8 01-10-2013 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny_B_Good (Post 1582789035)
Of course the C6 is NOT going to increase in value….but then again a new ’13 C6 that I purchased back in October would cost me $3,500 more if I purchased it today. Some say it would cost $5,500 more if you factor in the loss of the 1.59 financing. Right now I’m enjoying my C6 and I don’t have any intention of acquiring a base C7 so resale value for me is not much of an issue.:cheers:

How do you come up with your pricing numbers?

ButchN 01-10-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict (Post 1582784334)
Doesnt matter, I am keeping my 2013 for quite a while. :)

87C4_4spd 01-10-2013 07:44 PM

If the concept pictures are accurate I am glad I just bought my C6!

sprta 01-10-2013 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by steve8 (Post 1582789648)
How do you come up with your pricing numbers?

In December Kerbeck had a base coupe for 41692 with the loyalty rebate it was 38692. You could get 1.59% financing if you qualified (credit wise). The current price with the loyalty discount is 42337 (diff of 3645). If you take advantage of the 1.59% financing add another 2000 to the 42337 number. So the least price increase is 3645 if you choose the low financing the increase is 5645.

laconiajack 01-10-2013 10:54 PM

A great thread. Every contributor has given the subject considerable thought, and every last one has made valid points. This restores my faith in the average Corvette owner, who at times on this Forum has frankly not appeared too swift. :D
Corvette sales got hammered in the last four years because it is a toy, and apparently many who bought them were using their highly inflated home equity for financing leverage, which suddenly disappeared. The C6 Corvette especially the LS3, however was the high water mark in styling, value, and performance. Faults?, yes, but nothing that couldn't be corrected with aftermarket mods and/or knowledge imparted on the Corvette Forum, a phenomenal resource for enthusiasts. The C7? Well we are all now all speculating. However, I suspect it will fail for the same reason many other rather good cars have failed to sell well. At introduction the marketing types decide the company should introduce the new model with the smallest engine that will be available, and then "extend" the product life cycle of the car by introducing "improved", higher performance models with more horsepower. Problem is, if the initial model falls flat on it's face, as I suspect the C7 will, mostly due to a really stupid attempt to provide a uniform thread of styling throughout the product line, in this case everything from the Cadillac down through Buick, and into Chevrolet models, the same idea which gave birth to the GM chicklet on every GM car, even their European models, nobody will give a damn if later models have more horsepower. Problem is, GM styling is still very iffy, as it has been for the last fifty-five years, some good, some really bad. For instance, the Chevrolet Camaro is widely considered by many to be a rather ugly cartoon car. And now it seems they may "carry over" the hideous Camaro ass end to the the Vette, for the sake of "corporate uniformity", for for the sake of attracting younger buyers, whose idea of styling is a ricer with a big hood scoop and fart car exhausts. By the time they fix that double-ugly rear end on the Vette, and increase the horsepower to former levels, now enjoyed by the lowly Camaro, the Corvette may well have died due to GM marketing stupidity.

KBow_Photo 01-10-2013 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl (Post 1582783535)
:iagree: Since the C7 would be a big step down in hp from the Z06, the Z06 will command a premium when people realize this simple fact. On the other hand, the base C6 will decrease.

No one knows what the HP will be, all that was said was 450+

KBow_Photo 01-10-2013 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Supersonic GS (Post 1582789646)
I too noticed Kerbecks discounts on new Vettes are substantially lower than they were prior to Jan 2. Glad I bought when I did in October!.

I don't believe we will see substantial discounts on the C6 when the C7 is introduced. Keep in mind the C7 will have a price increase and few if any will be discounted for the first year.

when arent you buying?

KBow_Photo 01-10-2013 11:10 PM

I look at this and think 3000 for dealer cash or like incentive and 500 for another incentive that was no longer offered in Jan

evilmonkey 01-11-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1582791645)
A great thread. Every contributor has given the subject considerable thought, and every last one has made valid points. This restores my faith in the average Corvette owner, who at times on this Forum has frankly not appeared too swift. :D
Corvette sales got hammered in the last four years because it is a toy, and apparently many who bought them were using their highly inflated home equity for financing leverage, which suddenly disappeared. The C6 Corvette especially the LS3, however was the high water mark in styling, value, and performance. Faults?, yes, but nothing that couldn't be corrected with aftermarket mods and/or knowledge imparted on the Corvette Forum, a phenomenal resource for enthusiasts. The C7? Well we are all now all speculating. However, I suspect it will fail for the same reason many other rather good cars have failed to sell well. At introduction the marketing types decide the company should introduce the new model with the smallest engine that will be available, and then "extend" the product life cycle of the car by introducing "improved", higher performance models with more horsepower. Problem is, if the initial model falls flat on it's face, as I suspect the C7 will, mostly due to a really stupid attempt to provide a uniform thread of styling throughout the product line, in this case everything from the Cadillac down through Buick, and into Chevrolet models, the same idea which gave birth to the GM chicklet on every GM car, even their European models, nobody will give a damn if later models have more horsepower. Problem is, GM styling is still very iffy, as it has been for the last fifty-five years, some good, some really bad. For instance, the Chevrolet Camaro is widely considered by many to be a rather ugly cartoon car. And now it seems they may "carry over" the hideous Camaro ass end to the the Vette, for the sake of "corporate uniformity", for for the sake of attracting younger buyers, whose idea of styling is a ricer with a big hood scoop and fart car exhausts. By the time they fix that double-ugly rear end on the Vette, and increase the horsepower to former levels, now enjoyed by the lowly Camaro, the Corvette may well have died due to GM marketing stupidity.

Message aside, this giant block of text was a painful read wherein you referenced some forum members as "not appeared too swift".

nate1121 01-11-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1582791645)

Bottom line up front: NOBODY introduces their top performing model during the innitial production run of a vehicle. It's not a smart move for anybody. First run cars quite often have bugs, kinks, gremlins... whatever you want to call them. First run cars are used to develop the top models. It takes thousands of hours of tuning, tweaking, and testing to turn a base vette into a Z. I, for one, am perfectly fine with GM taking their time to get it right the first time. The base C7 will be a beast... 3000lb car with 450hp? You're talking low 12's at worst and would not be the least bit surprised to see an 11 second base model. What's not to like about that? (ass end be damned haha)

GrandSportRob 01-11-2013 11:02 AM

How much lower can the prices go? I saw Tommy at Macmulkin Chevy giving over $10k discount on a 2LT GS..Take away another 3k in loyalty and 2k more if u have a GM card..over $15k on new is killing the values of used..

Larry/car 01-11-2013 11:09 AM

There will be a shortage of new Corvettes for a few months. Low mileage cars should increase in value until the new car pipeline starts to flow.

C6Tim 01-11-2013 12:00 PM

Prices on ALL C6's will continue to decline just like cars always do. If anyone thinks their C6, regardless of model is going to go up in value within the next 30+ years they are simply dreaming.

Even after the cars become "classics" in 30+ years no one knows what will be popular with collectors who will ultimately determine their value.

If you need proof, research prices on C5's now and when they were new.

Dre01SS 01-11-2013 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by C6Tim (Post 1582795104)
Prices on ALL C6's will continue to decline just like cars always do. If anyone thinks their C6, regardless of model is going to go up in value within the next 30+ years they are simply dreaming.

Absolutely... It'll drop and that is a completely normal/expected market behavior. Not that there's anything wrong with the vehicle - I'm waiting on the right car/price to jump into a C6Z myself - but it'll no longer be the current model, etc...

Those saying the C7 will do poorly... the same talk happened at launch of the C6... yet it had the highest sales numbers of its run in 2006, bottomed out in 2010 and has been slowly recovering since. Of course the economy today isn't what it was back then, but it'll still do fairly well, regardless of the styling.

nate1121 01-11-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dre01SS (Post 1582795538)
Absolutely... It'll drop and that is a completely normal/expected market behavior. Not that there's anything wrong with the vehicle - I'm waiting on the right car/price to jump into a C6Z myself - but it'll no longer be the current model, etc...

Those saying the C7 will do poorly... the same talk happened at launch of the C6... yet it had the highest sales numbers of its run in 2006, bottomed out in 2010 and has been slowly recovering since. Of course the economy today isn't what it was back then, but it'll still do fairly well, regardless of the styling.

Well said...

RLSebring 01-11-2013 04:12 PM

I don't know, If the C7 has an up to date stereo system I'll probably be in...

Dre01SS 01-11-2013 08:55 PM

Still think your C6 will go up in value with the new release?
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18b7...jpg/xlarge.jpg

LS WON 01-11-2013 09:18 PM

The prices of these new cars keep going up and up naturally. Glad I bought mine years ago and ordered it from factory the way I wanted it. Now a 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT with 6 spd. manual cost what I paid for my 2005 brand new.:willy:
New C-7 will debut in a few days?:lurk::bigears

CO Lightfoot 01-12-2013 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by RLSebring (Post 1582797382)
I don't know, If the C7 has an up to date stereo system I'll probably be in...

That's your deal-breaker? :rofl:

I gotta have a button to open the garage door. :D

b4i4getit 01-12-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by StanNH (Post 1582783961)
Having just sold my 2009 vert, I can tell you that the market for the C6 is strong. NADA and KBB give different values, but most low mileage C6's are being sold for the upper retail range of pricing.

Given that this is the worst time of the year to sell a car like the Corvette, that's pretty impressive.

I have no idea whether or not the C7 will be a success for GM, but it's getting decidedly mixed reviews based on the pre-introduction renderings. Unless there's something dramatically different when the actual car is unveiled, I'm not convinced that the C6 will be seen as the less desirable option. It wouldn't surprise me to see C6 values actually increase.

Stan what are you getting next since you just sold your vert ?

StanNH 01-12-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1582806885)
Stan what are you getting next since you just sold your vert ?

I did not want to even mention this, since I know I'll regret ever bringing it up, but ....

I just ordered a 2013 Porsche Boxster S with 6 speed manual and the 20" wheel and tire package. Silver with an all leather dark grey and light grey interior. Definitely not as fast as the C6, but still capable of sub 5 second 0 to 60 times. It should be fun and a blast to drive in the mountainous and twisty local roads. I really liked both my C6's, but figured it was time for a change. Give it a couple of years and I wouldn't be surprised if I trade it in for a C7 vert. :cheers:

TLS_Addict 01-12-2013 07:37 PM

If that is the real deal.......why not just take a Viper and put a Corvette symbol on it?

laconiajack 01-12-2013 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by evilmonkey (Post 1582793791)
Message aside, this giant block of text was a painful read wherein you referenced some forum members as "not appeared too swift".

A classic and total misquote. Part of "at times appearing not too swift", is probably due to the fact that many have very poor reading comprehension skills; hint, hint. :yesnod:

bladex10 01-12-2013 07:58 PM

After seeing the new pics of the c7... Yes the c6 will take a huge drop. The corvette didnt just take a step forward like the c5/c6.. Its a huge leap forward. Once the flood of low mileage c6's hit the market, the mid/higher mileage ones will be the ones taking the huge drop in price.

b4i4getit 01-13-2013 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by StanNH (Post 1582807327)
I did not want to even mention this, since I know I'll regret ever bringing it up, but ....

I just ordered a 2013 Porsche Boxster S with 6 speed manual and the 20" wheel and tire package. Silver with an all leather dark grey and light grey interior. Definitely not as fast as the C6, but still capable of sub 5 second 0 to 60 times. It should be fun and a blast to drive in the mountainous and twisty local roads. I really liked both my C6's, but figured it was time for a change. Give it a couple of years and I wouldn't be surprised if I trade it in for a C7 vert. :cheers:

Congrats on the new car. You will enjoy it. I have driven the Boxter and Cayman and was impressed with the overall package. :cheers:

StanNH 01-13-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1582811279)
Congrats on the new car. You will enjoy it. I have driven the Boxter and Cayman and was impressed with the overall package. :cheers:

Thanks. I'll have it in late April and the comparison to my C6 should be interesting. The 2013 change was a huge upgrade to the car, so this will be fun.

:cheers:

B-Vette 01-13-2013 10:39 AM

I think the C6 Z06 will be somewhat of an oddity after the release of the C7. With its notorious valve issues GM might offer the C7 ZR1 as the only "King of the Hill," and drop the middle brand to increase sales for the base C7. :cheers:

Silver05GTO 01-13-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bladex10 (Post 1582807655)
After seeing the new pics of the c7... Yes the c6 will take a huge drop. The corvette didnt just take a step forward like the c5/c6.. Its a huge leap forward. Once the flood of low mileage c6's hit the market, the mid/higher mileage ones will be the ones taking the huge drop in price.

I'm looking for a 2008 or 2009 coupe and so far in my area they are still asking average of mid 30's! Hopefully once the C7 hits more C6's will be priced in the 20's.....that's when I plan to buy.
C7 is just going to be out of my price range but I'd love to own one in 3 years.

ATC399 01-13-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by B-Vette (Post 1582811735)
I think the C6 Z06 will be somewhat of an oddity after the release of the C7. With its notorious valve issues GM might offer the C7 ZR1 as the only "King of the Hill," and drop the middle brand to increase sales for the base C7. :cheers:

what notorious valve issues..how many have blown?

on topic: C6 prices will drop and the C7 is going to be a Beast of a Vette...Can hardly wait until the high performance version hits the street

05dsom 01-13-2013 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by wsharp24 (Post 1582785911)
You have hit a home run...my thoughts exactly on the C7...we should all hope it is a great car and an improvement over the C6.

^^it will be, there hasn't been a downgrade in corvette quality, hp, style and features since the C2-3 transition (save for '68-'71 engines). They just keep getting better.

B-Vette 01-13-2013 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by troller399 (Post 1582812636)
what notorious valve issues..how many have blown?

on topic: C6 prices will drop and the C7 is going to be a Beast of a Vette...Can hardly wait until the high performance version hits the street

Lots of threads and mad owners in Z06 section:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/3121662-gm-response-to-ls7-valve-guide-issue-summary-confirmed.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ear-found.html

On Topic:

With known head issues and a new gen corvette out, prices for a C6 Z06 could drop.

LS WON 01-13-2013 04:11 PM

I don't know if Chev. is using the same set up that Dodge is using for it's V8 Challenger R/T and SRT with the MDS but I am on the sidelines on that feature as they are having problems with blowing off their timing chains on the V8 engines that come with the automatic trans that come with the Multiple Displacement System or DOD displacement on demand.
This Corvette will have a V-8 engine that will run on 4 cyclinders then 8 when needed. If this is so our cars will be worth more.:thumbs::

05dsom 01-13-2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by B-Vette (Post 1582811735)

I think there will be only one high hp car--whatever its name

Z06LUST 01-13-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO (Post 1582811827)

I'm looking for a 2008 or 2009 coupe and so far in my area they are still asking average of mid 30's! Hopefully once the C7 hits more C6's will be priced in the 20's.....that's when I plan to buy.
C7 is just going to be out of my price range but I'd love to own one in 3 years.

NOT going to happen.
Corvette production is WAY DOWN and will stay that way. Fewer cars on the market--the higher used car prices stay.

GM learned it's lessen--they are not headed back to massive 30-40k unit production runs and huge rebate give backs. The price of the C7 is going up--GM used the Grand Sport to raise price expections. In 06 you could buy a Z06 for $65k..now a loaded Grand Sport goes for that (MSRP).

The new C7 will start at about 57k, figure 59-60k if they bring back the Z51 option, 2 lt type option (HUD) etc (and at that I may very well be 'low' in my price expectations-I'm certainly not high). The Camaro is SS form runs about $40k, the LZ1 runs in the low $50's...GM wants the Vette into the $60-70k range and they will keep production low to get that.

Yes some "gotta have its" will dump C6's but that number will be few...I wish all of you luck in the "huge price drop" but sorry-it just isn't going to happen.

KBow_Photo 01-13-2013 04:58 PM

As of December 4th, GM had a quarter million full size trucks on dealer lots.

They didn't learn much.

JW3101 01-13-2013 05:44 PM

on topic: C6 prices will drop and the C7 is going to be a Beast of a Vette...Can hardly wait until the high performance version hits the street[/QUOTE]

:iagree:All generations have their turn in the downslide and then they eventually start to increase. For example: C1's are out of sight, C2's can be had - but they're getting up there, chrome bumper C3's are going up and big block rubber bumper C3's while affordable - will start to rise. C4, C5 and C6's will eventually see appreciation - if taken care of.

QUAKEJAKE 01-13-2013 06:00 PM

The price of any mint C6Z.

3 Z06ZR1 01-13-2013 06:06 PM

:ack: Your 13 will be cheaper no matter what, now vs October

phileaglesfan 01-13-2013 07:52 PM

13s are going to look like a bargain compared to the 14. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer jacks up the actual sales price of the C6 since the C7 will cost 10% more to start just in MSRP alone.

SSTEVEGS 01-13-2013 10:05 PM

I was going to get a C5 for my beater til I saw some of the prices. Based on that, I'm convinced the C6 will hold its value very well throughout the next C7 generation of cars.

bud miller 01-13-2013 10:08 PM

i think our values may remain steady for awhile...when you look at the c7..many are gonna go for $70k out the door...
i think mine at even $38k would appear to be a bargain for a younger guy on a budget.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...C/DSCI0003.jpg
i'll throw the stripes in for free...:):)

LS WON 01-13-2013 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 05dsom (Post 1582812760)
^^it will be, there hasn't been a downgrade in corvette quality, hp, style and features since the C2-3 transition (save for '68-'71 engines). They just keep getting better.

Any new car is going to go down in price. Even your Corvette ZR-1.
Its the 68-72 and 63-67 Corvettes that will hold their values.

steve8 01-13-2013 10:23 PM

All C6's just dropped in value.

LS WON 01-13-2013 10:29 PM

New cars have got to be too expensive unless you want a smart car or Fiat 500 or any of those tiny golf cart cars. Many people are getting priced out of new car market.:lurk:

Vetteless54 01-14-2013 11:04 AM

C7 affect on C6 prices?

Now that the C7 has been shown, what mightl happen to used C6 prices? I guess that common "run of the mill" Corvette guys like me, will have a long wait before we can afford a used C7. Darn it!:cheers:

bill K 01-14-2013 11:35 AM

I feel this will not effect C6 pricing for some time, and may help pricing. The C7 is Quite a car and will get great attention, out the box. Anyone who can not afford a brand new one will look at the C6 which is a great car. It will take at least a year to see what used C7s will demand.

bucwheat 01-14-2013 11:45 AM

The C-7 is a big let down to me,I think people will snatch up the 2012 and 2013's off the lot pretty quick now.

Batman 357 01-14-2013 12:03 PM

I think we are taking a hickey on the C6 values.

Silver05GTO 01-14-2013 12:11 PM

What it means is more C6's finding their way into the 20's. Around here it seems C6's are really inflated, 2007 and 2008 base models still asking mid upper 30's......which is a joke, guess people don't mind holding on to them right now. Looking forward to more c6 trade ins and a better used market. Later this year.

not08crmanymore 01-14-2013 12:13 PM

rebates,special financing on the leftover new ones just like they did with the c5 when the 6 came out.

Vetteless54 01-14-2013 12:16 PM

2008 jsb z06

I found a 2LZ ZO6, JSB (blue) all stock, 36,500 miles, a nice car but needs tires.............$41,000 . What do ya'll think of that price?:cheers:

150kWh 01-14-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by bill K (Post 1582826715)
I feel this will not effect C6 pricing for some time, and may help pricing. The C7 is Quite a car and will get great attention, out the box. Anyone who can not afford a brand new one will look at the C6 which is a great car. It will take at least a year to see what used C7s will demand.

To me, this thread is about "Will current c6 owners jump to c7 in such numbers that they become more willing to sell their c6 at a loss"?

Latest and greatest will always appeal to folks who want a status symbol (and that's totally valid), but the question is, what will the average "Dad next door" do, a guy who just really like corvettes?

I haven't read anything about how the ergonomics yet--the roof is lower, but what about the seats or door sills? Anyone know if they're harder to get out of? ... Also, any consumer / demographic data on who tends to buy a base coupe over a 'vert or z?

I agree with folks waiting to hear how it drives; if the folks at Car & Driver are blown away, it'll increase the pressure to sell c6's.

bud miller 01-15-2013 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vetteless54 (Post 1582827280)
I found a 2LZ ZO6, JSB (blue) all stock, 36,500 miles, a nice car but needs tires.............$41,000 . What do ya'll think of that price?:cheers:

great deal..but here in good ol kaleforneia, after tires and tax your still close to $47k, and compared to a new one..its a deal..but $47k ain't cheap..and those who think a c6 at $30k+ is not realistic...then buy a new one with tax out the door for $60k+..
a c6 at $35k depending on mileage / condition / options,used, will still be the best bang for our bucks..IMO