CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The New C7 Is Sweet! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3195466-the-new-c7-is-sweet.html)

lowwhite6 01-08-2013 12:33 AM

The New C7 Is Sweet!

I think we all know by all the photos how the new C7 is going to look bye now! I really like the new look,and with a base model having 450 H P i will think of selling my 05 after the C7 has been out for a few years. I ran out and bought my 05 right when they came out and its been a great car so far,Has never been in the shop for anything at all but the the first year model sometimes has a few bugs to work out. Anyone feel the same way?:cheers:

laconiajack 01-08-2013 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by lowwhite6 (Post 1582764665)
I think we all know by all the photos how the new C7 is going to look bye now! I really like the new look,and with a base model having 450 H P i will think of selling my 05 after the C7 has been out for a few years. I ran out and bought my 05 right when they came out and its been a great car so far,Has never been in the shop for anything at all but the the first year model sometimes has a few bugs to work out. Anyone feel the same way?:cheers:

No. I've already got 436 HP so I don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if I have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon Camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it. :thumbs:

glenB 01-08-2013 06:10 AM

No, bye now :seeya

z edge 01-08-2013 07:10 AM

No. I've already got 436 HP so I don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if I have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon Camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it.
:lol: :rock:

Tally Ho 01-08-2013 07:31 AM

I'll reserve judgement on the C7 until I actually see one. As for the extra hp, I have 500+rwhp in the 06 and 505bhp with the 13 so no incentive to buy because of hp increase.

Scruff Vette 01-08-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by lowwhite6 (Post 1582764665)

NO. No more 1st year anything from GM. I had a '68 and '05. The '05 had so many problems I sold it back to the dealer at a small loss. :ack:

maxp 01-08-2013 07:59 AM

I traded my 08 vette for a 13 GS so I can wait a few years on the C7 - it already has a one year 8 speed auto transmission

JerriVette 01-08-2013 08:05 AM

I agree the c7 will be awesome and it will be a vehicle to purchase next. I was hopeful the dual clutch transmission would be part of the c7 program at some point but that does not seem to be part of the c7 launch.

I won't trade in my c6 z51 manual with NPP until I actually get to test drive the new 8 speed automatic.

Like I mentioned above I want the direct drive feel of a manual with the consistency and shift speed of today's technology.

I would hate to go to another brand to get what I want.

Hopefully the new 8 speed automatic is off the chart from a driver feel and performance standpoint.

ATC399 01-08-2013 08:35 AM

Its going to be a Beast, but I'll hold on to my Z06...

BWF07 01-08-2013 08:39 AM

I will wait until I see the actual C7 unveiled this weekend. I am not saying that all the renderings that have been posted are not accurate, but I just think that there will be a few surprises once we see the real C7.
As far as the increase HP, I don't consider it a big gain, but I also think that the 2015 model year will have a few different engine combinations to pick from.

Flh Den 01-08-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JerriVette (Post 1582765553)

Hopefully the new 8 speed automatic is off the chart from a driver feel and performance standpoint.

Gosh I don't know how I ever got by with my old 2 speed power glide. Rhode Island is too small for an 8 speed. By the time it shifts into 8th I would either be in CT or Mass.:lol:

FrankTank 01-08-2013 09:02 AM

yeat ANOTHER C7 THREAD IN C6 :ack: take it to C7 guys, thats why there is a forum for it.

and BTW, let's not get too caught up in 450HP vs 436HP...I'm quite sure the C7 will easily outperform the C6 , remember it's also going to be a couple hundred pounds lighter...so let's not discount the performance before numbers are even released based on 1 peak HP number :lol: :ack:

z06inVB 01-08-2013 09:09 AM

A new multiple displacement engine from the guys that can't get a column lock or harmonic balancer right.

Good luck with that.

boraxman 01-08-2013 09:12 AM

:lurk:

AORoads 01-08-2013 09:52 AM

"I think we all know by all the photos how the new C7 is going to look bye now!"

We do? I don't. I can wait for the real car to appear.

And I'm with Jack for the time being. 436 chp, 6 speed manual, convertible in a beautifully-designed package, fourth model year of the generation=happy driver.:yesnod:

TLS_Addict 01-08-2013 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by z06inVB (Post 1582765915)
A new multiple displacement engine from the guys that can't get a column lock or harmonic balancer right.

Good luck with that.

GM has been doing it for years with no real issues to date so why would it all the sudden be an issue now?

Originally Posted by boraxman (Post 1582765925)

Pass it, brah.

peter pan 01-08-2013 10:02 AM

I am ready for a new model as the C6 is an awesome platform but long in the tooth:rock:

Racer 01-08-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1582764719)
no. I've already got 436 hp so i don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if i have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it. :thumbs:

clueless

TLS_Addict 01-08-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582766347)
Clueless is a great movie!

Yes, yes it is.

Wayne O 01-08-2013 10:09 AM

If I had the need or desire to buy a new C7 I wouldn't wait for years due to a fear of a first model year car. You never know but like you, my 2005 has been extremely reliable and trouble-free. I'm not afraid to buy a first model year Corvette. If I have the hots for a C7 I might be inclined to wait for a Z06 version (assuming one is in the works). I'd still keep my C6 as a track car so that might reduce the likelihood I'd want to modify the C7. :)

Originally Posted by BWF07 (Post 1582765729)
I will wait until I see the actual C7 unveiled this weekend. I am not saying that all the renderings that have been posted are not accurate, but I just think that there will be a few surprises once we see the real C7.
As far as the increase HP, I don't consider it a big gain, but I also think that the 2015 model year will have a few different engine combinations to pick from.

Probably so but just thinking of a 4 or 6-cylinder engine with forced induction in a Corvette makes me throw-up a little in my mouth.

Originally Posted by z06inVB (Post 1582765915)

Good luck with that

I won't dispute the problems you mentioned but in fact, these two issues affect a small minority of cars. Virtually all make cars have their unique issues. Iin general, GM/Chevy engines are widely respected and desired for their reliability and performance....their short-block V8's have been the gold standard for decades. It's no guaranty for new technology engines going forward but if put into perspective the problems you mention IMO don't warrant such skepticism.

RO55 01-08-2013 10:11 AM

Nope!

Rocketmanwpb 01-08-2013 10:13 AM

When I purchased my 02 I thought I had bought my last Corvette until I purchased my 08. I purchased my 08 new and really like the car. The renderings of the C7 look awesome and I could imagine getting one in a few year.

Like they say the newest Corvette is the best Corvette! :D

lowwhite6 01-08-2013 11:54 AM

No. I've already got 436 HP so I don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if I have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon Camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it. :thumbs:

Its not just the H P but the torque as well! The new LT1 motor will put out 450 + H P and also 450 lbs-ft of torque which will be comparable to that of the LS7 out of the current ZO6! :cheers:

vettenut 01-08-2013 11:57 AM

C7

Re: No. I've already got 436 HP so I don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if I have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon Camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it.

This is perfectly stated

lemansblue65 01-08-2013 12:08 PM

Man I hope it won't have the camaro look alike taillights,but guess we will have to wait and see. On the bright side no matter what it looks like the c6 will always be one bitchin car.Just my opinoin.

FrankTank 01-08-2013 12:12 PM

clueless

:iagree: it's why the whole C7 section, and threads like this in the C6 are hilarious...people already have decided the C7 is no good, or not fast enough, or they don't like the "camaro" style taillights.... all based of pure speculation, spy photos and hype :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now We are making affirmations and judgement off a car purely based on speculation thats not even released yet! :rofl:

This forum gets better and better everyday :lol:

TLS_Addict 01-08-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne O (Post 1582766364)
Probably so but just thinking of a 4 or 6-cylinder engine with forced induction in a Corvette makes me throw-up a little in my mouth.

It would have made me throw up a lot in the 80s when a Buick with a 6 banger dusted me. Not really as I think that engine should have been an option.

davidtcpa 01-08-2013 12:36 PM

clueless

^^^ What he said!! ^^^

Too-Fast 01-08-2013 12:40 PM

Nope...would not even think of touching one for about 3 years; especially with that 4-6-8 cylinder crap they are trying...they did it back in the '80's and it was a dismal failure. Anyway, the next 'vette I think about buying would be a '13 427 vert...to keep up with my 2011 Z06/Z07. :D

FrankTank 01-08-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Too-Fast (Post 1582767560)
Nope...would not even think of touching one for about 3 years; especially with that 4-6-8 cylinder crap they are trying...they did it back in the '80's and it was a dismal failure. Anyway, the next 'vette I think about buying would be a '13 427 vert...to keep up with my 2011 Z06/Z07. :D

Back in the 80's ? :lol: yea that was 30+ years ago...the technology has come quite far since then. My Challenger has it, and if the dash display didn't tell you it activated , you would never know it. The Corvette Engine just because it's high performance does not mean they can't apply some similar technologies that other engines use. I doubt GM would risk the Corvette reputation applying faulty technology... sure they've made mistakes but that technology has been out now for while.

I would agree, I too stay way from 1st MY, there are always bugs but normally get worked out before the 3rd year.

TLS_Addict 01-08-2013 12:51 PM

How was what a failure? Show me an 80s Corvette that cut to 4 or 6 cylinders.

As per the use of displacement on demant it works just fine now.

Too-Fast 01-08-2013 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict (Post 1582767664)
How was what a failure? Show me an 80s Corvette that cut to 4 or 6 cylinders.

As per the use of displacement on demant it works just fine now.

Was referring to other GM products, not a Corvette...not interested.

Racer 01-08-2013 01:02 PM

Tell me something that hasn't improved since it's first version? :lurk:

Here is a perfect example, years ago Cadillac came out with adaptive headlights?? The high beams would sense when to come on and then turn off. Dismal failure, fast forward a few years and it is a very good feature on my Escalade and the way it works is simply amazing. One of the reasons why my wife only takes the Escalade if she has to drive on the highway at night.

Flh Den 01-08-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582767758)
Tell me something that hasn't improved since it's first version? :lurk:

Here is a perfect example, years ago Cadillac came out with adaptive headlights?? The high beams would sense when to come on and then turn off. Dismal failure, fast forward a few years and it is a very good feature on my Escalade and the way it works is simply amazing. One of the reasons why my wife only takes the Escalade if she has to drive on the highway at night.

:iagree:And Rochester fuel injection on the C2's were a nightmare, everybody wanted carburetors again. Would you ever want a car without FI again? I have a good friend with a Yukon Denali with active fuel management and he said it is great, and he is an old school motor head. Nobody likes change at first.

Richie Fazio 01-08-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by FrankTank (Post 1582767320)
:iagree: it's why the whole C7 section, and threads like this in the C6 are hilarious...people already have decided the C7 is no good, or not fast enough, or they don't like the "camaro" style taillights.... all based of pure speculation, spy photos and hype :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now We are making affirmations and judgement off a car purely based on speculation thats not even released yet! :rofl:

This forum gets better and better everyday :lol:

:iagree: I personally hate the C7 section. I honestly don't believe that GM designed the next Vette to look like it does in some of those horrible renderings. They got it right with the original C6 and made it even better with the Z06 and ZR1 models. Why would they create anything less? I think the C7 will maintain the Corvette look, they know exactly what we want. Low to the ground wide powerful stance. Beastly tires. A significant increase in HP and torque, and probably an awesome exhaust system. Add in a much nicer interior at an overall affordable price and I think they will get it perfect for us.

Rest assure, Chevy can't afford to mess up the Vette. It's too iconic. I think we will all love it!

su8pack1 01-08-2013 01:42 PM

Convair580 01-08-2013 01:45 PM

I never buy the firstyear or two, I've seen too many problems in machines that new.

z06inVB 01-08-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by FrankTank (Post 1582767642)
Back in the 80's ? :lol: yea that was 30+ years ago...the technology has come quite far since then. My Challenger has it, and if the dash display didn't tell you it activated , you would never know it. The Corvette Engine just because it's high performance does not mean they can't apply some similar technologies that other engines use. I doubt GM would risk the Corvette reputation applying faulty technology... sure they've made mistakes but that technology has been out now for while.

I would agree, I too stay way from 1st MY, there are always bugs but normally get worked out before the 3rd year.

I had a new 09 Challenger R/T Auto and I found the cylinder deactivation to be annoying. You could clearly tell when it activated and the sound of the exhaust while it was active sounded like an outboard boat motor. Thankfully the system was not on the M6 models so I traded mine in and it was a good decision.

Maybe the system will work well in the C7 and maybe not. I don't want to be part of bleeding edge technology. Those that want to more power to them.

rcwsound 01-08-2013 01:59 PM

I personally hate the C7 section. I honestly don't believe that GM designed the next Vette to look like it does in some of those horrible renderings. They got it right with the original C6 and made it even better with the Z06 and ZR1 models. Why would they create anything less? I think the C7 will maintain the Corvette look, they know exactly what we want. Low to the ground wide powerful stance. Beastly tires. A significant increase in HP and torque, and probably an awesome exhaust system. Add in a much nicer interior at an overall affordable price and I think they will get it perfect for us.

Rest assure, Chevy can't afford to mess up the Vette. It's too iconic. I think we will all love it!

:iagree: I hope you are right. We will see Sunday. Can't deal with the camaro rear look, it will not fly. Remember Coca Cola? :ack:

FrankTank 01-08-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by z06inVB (Post 1582768159)
I had a new 09 Challenger R/T Auto and I found the cylinder deactivation to be annoying. You could clearly tell when it activated and the sound of the exhaust while it was active sounded like an outboard boat motor. Thankfully the system was not on the M6 models so I traded mine in and it was a good decision.

Maybe the system will work well in the C7 and maybe not. I don't want to be part of bleeding edge technology. Those that want to more power to them.

Mines a 2012 so maybe they (Dodge) improved it over the last 3 years

AORoads 01-08-2013 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by flhden (Post 1582767845)
:iagree:And Rochester fuel injection on the C2's were a nightmare, everybody wanted carburetors again. Would you ever want a car without FI again? I have a good friend with a Yukon Denali with active fuel management and he said it is great, and he is an old school motor head. Nobody likes change at first.

Mechanical fuel injection in Corvettes goes back even before that to the C1 era which I'm sure you knew. Jack Podell and others (like Chuck Berge) have made some decent money off of keeping those fuel injection systems working properly.:D And even the original Volvo mechanical fuel systems weren't the best, and I recall helping a Volvo-ite work on a couple.

Of course, now we have fuel injection in just about every car made---but the question is, not how universal it is, but how long did it take for this super-reliability? That goes for 8-6-4-----maybe....:yesnod:

Flh Den 01-08-2013 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1582768764)
Mechanical fuel injection in Corvettes goes back even before that to the C1 era which I'm sure you knew. Jack Podell and others (like Chuck Berge) have made some decent money off of keeping those fuel injection systems working properly.:D And even the original Volvo mechanical fuel systems weren't the best, and I recall helping a Volvo-ite work on a couple.

Of course, now we have fuel injection in just about every car made---but the question is, not how universal it is, but how long did it take for this super-reliability? That goes for 8-6-4-----maybe....:yesnod:

Yep only time will tell Bill. As my dad always said "with the benefit of hind sight I could have been rich today". I did know that mechanical fuel injection went back to the 57 vet I believe, the old port type. My first experience with it was in the early 60 s and there was no one in our area that could get it to run right at that time if you had problems with it. Probably was in the 80s when it became more reliable with the advent of more advanced electronics and computers,wouldn't you say. :cheers:

pewter99 01-08-2013 03:28 PM

Dear God,

hear my prayer....can we just get to Jan 13th so all this crap stops?

:willy:

Flh Den 01-08-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1582768936)
Dear God,

Hang in there Robert I know you can make it.:cheers:

tail_lights 01-08-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by peter pan (Post 1582766315)
I am ready for a new model as the C6 is an awesome platform but long in the tooth:rock:

:thumbs:

Oklahoma_mike 01-08-2013 05:25 PM

Yeah what he said! That thing looks like crap from the back. I just hope the real thing look a lot different then the pics. Who the hell wants to pay those prices for a camaro

Chicago1 01-08-2013 05:29 PM

I wish this section of the forum was locked until Sunday night.

Bmorevette 01-08-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chicago1 (Post 1582769971)
I wish this section of the forum was locked until Sunday night.

I agree...but then again I keep coming back to read the threads each day. It's like a train wreck, it's ugly, but we look (and comment) anyway

su8pack1 01-08-2013 06:01 PM

HorsePower Junkie 01-08-2013 09:07 PM

What is the website Chevy set up for the unveiling of the C7 ??? ...the website they have the teaser news releases?

Isn't it something like 01.13.13.com, or something like that???

BeaZt 01-08-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie (Post 1582771975)
What is the website Chevy set up for the unveiling of the C7 ??? ...the website they have the teaser news releases?

One13thirteen.com

BlueOx 01-08-2013 09:15 PM

Dear God,

Yer dreamin' if you think it will stop then...:cheers:

Flh Den 01-08-2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie (Post 1582771975)

http://www.chevrolet.com/one13thirteen.html

Bluewasp 01-08-2013 09:38 PM

I'm waiting for the z06/zr1/whatever before I buy another.

Z06Fiend 01-08-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582772050)
Yer dreamin' if you think it will stop then...:cheers:

so, so sad....but alas, true..... :rofl:

robvuk 01-08-2013 11:35 PM

That's when it BEGINS!:D

Daekwan06 01-08-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by robvuk (Post 1582773224)
That's when it BEGINS!:D

Exactly! This ain nothing but preseason lol

Crossofiron 01-08-2013 11:45 PM

Rude

clueless

Is it hard to be nice.....?

jimmyb 01-09-2013 12:30 AM

Hmmm....it's a test....and you didn't study.

The LT1 (that's the 5th gen V8 in the C7) will, at times, operate as a 3.1L 4 cylinder engine. You guys crack me up when you drag out stuff from the early 1980's as proof of what WON'T work in 2013. And to finish it off, you still get it wrong (the LT1 will NOT operate as a 6 cylinder engine).

Jimmy

jimmyb 01-09-2013 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Crossofiron (Post 1582773287)
Is it hard to be nice.....?

Frankly, yes it is.

In this thread alone, there is so much junk that is incorrect, spouted off by C6 owners, who, for some reason, feel the need to incessantly pile on the C7, even though NONE has seen the actual car, driven the car, knows what the final horsepower number is, etc.
Talk about a half empty bunch....

My dad always said:
"Don't make a 100% decision based on 50% facts".
Well, the C7 forum is drowning in it. You could GIVE everyone on this forum a new 458 and half would bitch about the color.

Jimmy

jimmyb 01-09-2013 12:45 AM

Dear God,

7:01PM EST on Sunday 1/13/13 is when all the "See, I told you" guys will make their entrance.

"MOM.......MEATLOAF!" (that's my impression of the "I told you" guys typing away in the basement)

Jimmy

mattkilla2015 01-09-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by FrankTank (Post 1582768709)
Mines a 2012 so maybe they (Dodge) improved it over the last 3 years

Is there a way to deactivate it?

JustinStrife 01-09-2013 02:41 AM

Don't forget the 8spd automatic, 7spd manual, improved fuel mileage, Z06 torque, lighter weight, better suspension, probably better brakes too.

But hey, keep being blind to all of the other improvements the new generation will be bringing. This will be a bigger jump than the C6 was from the C5.

Oh and by the way. Enjoy your C5.5 :yesnod:

Nitrous Oxide 01-09-2013 03:17 AM

Dear God,

Oh! This is a high quality forum with a healthy speculation section. Especially when I stay away from it.

Can't resist plugging this one: ya know the gas cap? Yellow. I'll be gone, but I'm sure you'll remember you heard it first here.

85scott 01-09-2013 03:29 AM

Assuming the renderings are true, it appears like the C7 is going to look fine. Even with the Camaro butt that some people just can't stand.

And GM keeping the 6.2 motor was a BIG plus too. Because a Corvette going backward to a 5.5 would have killed it for me.

But a digital dash like 1984 again?

IMO, that's by far the most worrisome part of the whole car.

Nitrous Oxide 01-09-2013 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by 85scott (Post 1582773886)
Assuming the renderings are true, it appears like the C7 is going to look fine. Even with the Camaro butt that some people just can't stand.

And GM keeping the 6.2 motor was a BIG plus too. Because a Corvette going backward to a 5.5 would have killed it for me.

But a digital dash like 1984 again?

IMO, that's by far the most worrisome part of the whole car.

I can't say I seriously followed the engine specs. I'm sure some expert will correct me if I'm wrong.

If I understand correctly they were really shooting for 5.5 liter. But they realized that their cylinder deactivation gimmick would be easier to implement on 6.2 liter.

No matter how much HP gain we'll get, the torque curve reshaping along with the weight reduction should be a blast. I expect more than 450 hp, but even that would be fine with me.

vetteman741 01-09-2013 05:11 AM

I just hope I can afford to buy a new one and pick up at BG someday. Since I missed out on buying a c6 and getting museum delivery.

I wonder how many c6 owners are just hating on the c7 because their c6 is not going to look as new and cool (hopefully). I'm not saying everyone feels that way but you know there will be some people with an inferiority complex.

John T 01-09-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by vetteman741 (Post 1582773990)
I just hope I can afford to buy a new one and pick up at BG someday. Since I missed out on buying a c6 and getting museum delivery.

I wonder how many c6 owners are just hating on the c7 because their c6 is not going to look as new and cool (hopefully). I'm not saying everyone feels that way but you know there will be some people with an inferiority complex.

Where I live in Maryland you really never see many Corvettes on the road. Usually never on a morning commute ... My point is that it will probably be the Summer of 2014 before the C7 is seen with any regularity :shrug:

Bill17601 01-09-2013 08:10 AM

I am looking forward to Sunday...

What we need is a thread of C6 owners who do not hate the C7....

65 Hardnoks 01-09-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio (Post 1582767926)
:iagree: I personally hate the C7 section. I honestly don't believe that GM designed the next Vette to look like it does in some of those horrible renderings. They got it right with the original C6 and made it even better with the Z06 and ZR1 models. Why would they create anything less? I think the C7 will maintain the Corvette look, they know exactly what we want. Low to the ground wide powerful stance. Beastly tires. A significant increase in HP and torque, and probably an awesome exhaust system. Add in a much nicer interior at an overall affordable price and I think they will get it perfect for us.

I hope you're right.
I saw a video of a Corvette rep saying that the C7 was designed/styled for the younger generation (whatever that means). We'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out.

65 Hardnoks 01-09-2013 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1582774445)

Anyone who hates on the C7 before it's unveiling is a moron. Afterwards? Let the games begin! :lol:

BRCC 01-09-2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by 65 Hardnoks (Post 1582774510)
Anyone who hates on the C7 before it's unveiling is a moron. Afterwards? Let the games begin! :lol:

Basically those who still hate the C7 after the unveiling should revert back to the C6 or C5 forum, being they will never buy one, so they say. A lot of them also said the C6 is just a C5.5 now they do not want change. It appears the Camaro is not hurting for sales and the first year C7 will be in high demand. I hope the two in line ahead of me at my Chevy dealer become haters after the 13th.:cheers:

FrankTank 01-09-2013 09:21 AM

Dear God,

Originally Posted by 65 Hardnoks (Post 1582774510)

:iagree: :iagree: and believe me, there will be PLENTY of people here who will not like the C7.. some of it is merely just personal honest opinion and is genuine and thats fine.

...while others will be upset and jealous that the C7 outperforms their now dated C6... (recall back when the C6 came out...while I did not like the look, I was glad it clearly was a step up from my then C5) and they no longer have the "latest" and greatest Corvette :crazy:

It's fine to not like it, but to rant on and on with all the negativity towards Corvette , and compare it to a dated version of another car etc.. give it a rest.

the real Amateur hour is just beginning ....

Bill17601 01-09-2013 09:36 AM

I am going to stay off the forum for about 24 hrs. It will be a hate / love Fest.

Flex182 01-09-2013 09:39 AM

I'm sure the C7 will be a real winner, but what I can't understand is all the Z owners on this forum who have said they will be trading their cars in on a base C7 that they haven't even seen, all based on a few renderings and a few spy photos.:crazy2::crazy2:

John T 01-09-2013 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Flex182 (Post 1582775056)
I'm sure the C7 will be a real winner, but what I can't understand is all the Z owners on this forum who have said they will be trading their cars in on a base C7 that they haven't even seen, all based on a few renderings and a few spy photos.:crazy2::crazy2:

They are part of a very tiny minority called optimists :party:

lowwhite6 01-09-2013 11:12 AM

That is why i started this post was to see all the love for this brand new,what i think is going to be the most bad asssssss vette ever! W T F. What is there not to like about a new style car that will be by far the best looking Corvette ever.I for one if that is the new rear end love it.Who the hell wants to see round tail lights again,Not me! Just wait till we see the first modded C7 all rimmed out with tinted windows and lowered the way a corvette should be! I for one am wet already!:thumbs:

cmdrwill 01-09-2013 11:23 AM

I feel the same

Originally Posted by Bmorevette (Post 1582770222)
I agree...but then again I keep coming back to read the threads each day. It's like a train wreck, it's ugly, but we look (and comment) anyway

This C7 section is like a wreck on the side of the road, I just have to slow down and take a look. I will be buying the new C7 no matter how different it may look. I have been saving for 5 years for a C6 but now a C7 will be out. So here I wait.

cmdrwill 01-09-2013 11:27 AM

Non C7 hater Group

Agreed. :flag:

JDMvette7 01-09-2013 11:34 AM

I'm also in the optimist group. Why? Because corvettes haven't disappointed me yet.

I am however pretty disappointed in the corvette community for not having a better sense of the history of the corvette and how it has always had similarities between the same cars that people are complaining about. Pretty mind boggling actually.

Overall it seems we have a bunch of overly critical owners with no real eye for design OR are bitter that their cars won't be the newest and most current model. There...I said it. Waste of time really SINCE PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETING THAT WILL BE OFFICIAL IN A FEW DAYS!!!

oh yeah, BTW:
http://www.denz.org/Misc/Cars/1993Co...ertible2-2.jpg

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment...-copy-copy.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ik-d2zc0d0.jpg

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...9&d=1328488880

Seems to me that in the latest models, the cars actually look different. Certainly more than before.

pTr73 01-09-2013 11:53 AM

If those are what the tail lights look like I am going to be highly disappointed. How can they even think to make them look like or similar to the camaro? What in the world were they thinking?

But on that note I will keep my C6! :thumbs:

sydneyACE 01-09-2013 12:37 PM

Could you please explain why you think the rear-end looks like a Camaro? I keep hearing this, but I don't see it.

JDMvette7 01-09-2013 12:48 PM

Just for you folks....Pretty sure I know which cars are the Corvette's and which one is the Camaro...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps3c5a2f10.jpg
http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2012...amaro-rear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps7f9c72de.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps1da35be8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps4b61bd6f.jpg

Hmm, those "C7" tail lights look pretty bad ass on a c6 :)

MEJ 01-09-2013 01:01 PM

The LT1 (that's the 5th gen V8 in the C7) will, at times, operate as a 3.1L 4 cylinder engine. You guys crack me up when you drag out stuff from the early 1980's as proof of what WON'T work in 2013. And to finish it off, you still get it wrong (the LT1 will NOT operate as a 6 cylinder engine).

Jimmy[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. But as a guy who owned a 1981 Cadillac Eldo (Remember the one that got blown up at the beginning of Casino?)
with the 4-6-8 engine, I understand the fear. It was a terriible engine, possibly the worse gas mileage I've ever experienced in any car I've owned.
Still, I'm pretty confident the LT1 won't even be close to the crappy performance of that sh*tty engine.
:canadaflag: