CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Chuck cow device (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/3195174-chuck-cow-device.html)

LSCHLEM 01-07-2013 04:23 PM

Chuck cow device

Hey guys I haven't been around for a while but I'm back. Last summer I was at Carlsile and I was checking out Chucks Throttle response setup
and after much controversy I Am pretty much comitted to buying it.
Can some of you guys, particularly those who have a CAM or H&C and are around 500 RWHP c6 with the stock throttle body tell me what you think of the mod. I know that " TAP OF THE PEDAL " hesitation" has been a royal problem and even with the best of tunes it's still there. I know a good tune can do alot but it still remains a problem. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks, Leon

pahlbfishn 01-07-2013 05:22 PM

Works great. Instant response. Called the COW BOOSTER.

BlaxTrax 01-07-2013 06:51 PM

I'm a relatively new corvette owner. Went to Chucks with a bunch of people from a local meet during his COWLISLE event. Was skeptical about the COW Booster at first but finally was talked into it. The instant power is great and I saw an increase in MPG. It does take a little getting used to tho, but once you're acclimated to the change, you'll love it.

dennis50nj 01-07-2013 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1582760329)
TAP OF THE PEDAL " hesitation" has been a royal problem and even with the best of tunes it's still there. thoughts. Thanks, Leon

Leon who ever is tuning your car doesn't know how to tune, as i have H&C stock tb it is ported and i can tap the pedal and it doesn't hesitate.:thumbs:

sallen619 01-07-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1582760329)
Hey guys I haven't been around for a while but I'm back. Last summer I was at Carlsile and I was checking out Chucks Throttle response setup
and after much controversy I Am pretty much comitted to buying it.
Can some of you guys, particularly those who have a CAM or H&C and are around 500 RWHP c6 with the stock throttle body tell me what you think of the mod. I know that " TAP OF THE PEDAL " hesitation" has been a royal problem and even with the best of tunes it's still there. I know a good tune can do alot but it still remains a problem. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks, Leon

I love the CoW Booster...it won't eliminate that particular problem though...it has to be addressed in the tune.

With that said, please don't let that make you second guess getting the Booster. You'll like it.:thumbs:

LSCHLEM 01-07-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by dennis50nj (Post 1582761797)
Leon who ever is tuning your car doesn't know how to tune, as i have H&C stock tb it is ported and i can tap the pedal and it doesn't hesitate.:thumbs:

Dennis, are you saying i cant tune ? LOL have you tracked in recent times
? good to hear from you. Leon

LSCHLEM 01-07-2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by sallen619 (Post 1582761820)
I love the CoW Booster...it won't eliminate that particular problem though...it has to be addressed in the tune.

With that said, please don't let that make you second guess getting the Booster. You'll like it.:thumbs:

That problem came that way from the factory. Its most predominant in
cars that never had a tune. Tap the pedal and you hear a hiss for a moment then it revs up. CAGS was another dumb thing but I think most forum members took care of that in the last seven years or so.

dennis50nj 01-07-2013 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1582761866)
Dennis, are you saying i cant tune ? LOL have you tracked in recent times
? good to hear from you. Leon

:lol::lol::lol:ask Norm stanger, i think it might be a cyl airflow adjustment, i cant tune, my last time out was a 10.201 i will get better:yesnod: where you been hope everything is fine:thumbs:

Chuck CoW 01-07-2013 08:37 PM

Thank you.

Originally Posted by BlaxTrax (Post 1582761638)
I'm a relatively new corvette owner. Went to Chucks with a bunch of people from a local meet during his COWLISLE event. Was skeptical about the COW Booster at first but finally was talked into it. The instant power is great and I saw an increase in MPG. It does take a little getting used to tho, but once you're acclimated to the change, you'll love it.

Thanks for the plug.

Most people are skeptical of the CoW BOOSTER! at first.... Lots to digest and understand....

Funny thing is, most people STILL don't understand what it is or how it works, but at this point

it don't matter any more.

I do CoW BOOSTER! for CORVETTES, CAMAROS, CADDY CTS-Vs, all the TRUCKS, COLORADOS,

TBSS, HUMMERS, and even created a CoW BOOSTER! for the V6 CAMARO yesterday for the first time.

The bottom line is.... If you like a car that has power, that responds to your every command,

or a car that needs a bit more (who doesn't want MORE???) then CoW BOOSTER! is for you.

If it's response you want, a huge amount of bottom end, help staging at the track, or you want

to have a much better time HEEL-TOEing your road race car.... CoW BOOSTER! is for YOU!

It's just simply one of those things....If you ain't tried it.... You DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING.

If you think you know what it is and you HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET....

You should give it a try....

You don't like it....Send it right back and I'll remove it and refund your money.

Once you have it....You won't want to give it up.

Where can you get such a HUGE amount of FUN from your car and GAIN MPG that the same time!?!?!?

I only know of one thing that does that.

CoW BOOSTER!

Chuck CoW

Joe_G 01-08-2013 12:41 AM

Leon it absolutely fixes the problem we manual guys deal with every day that is not fixed in a normal tune.

Here is my thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-buck-mod.html

Here is my analysis. Be ready for the haters who have never tried the cow booster to enter your thread and try to tell you this isn't true. But it is true.

Originally Posted by Joe_G (Post 1582633129)
I have been complaining about the sluggish throttle response of the C6 since I bought it which makes heel and toe downshifting difficult. After I learned to tune, back in 2007, I posted a thread on the HP Tuners forum trying to cure this.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14256

I have been disappointed since as nothing fixed it. Chuck promised me the COW booster would fix this problem perfectly and he was right. I can't believe how the COW Booster completely eliminates this problem - you breathe on the pedal and the car revs right now.

The COW Booster solved my heel and toe shifting problem completely.

But I was also pleasantly surprised how this mod makes the car feel so much quicker around town.

Gears make the car feel like it lost 500 lbs as you are giving the car a longer lever to work with.

The COW Booster does a similar thing for the way the car feels. The rate of the throttle opening is substantially faster, which makes the car feel like you added a lot of horsepower. You didn't actually add it, you are using it more effectively. It is amazing how much faster the car feels driving around town - it's like night and day. You just tap the pedal and the car leaps. It really makes the car a lot of fun to drive, like gears do.

The COW booster is different from just pressing the gas harder - he showed me the graphs. The stock graph uses only I think 5% of blade movement for the first 40% of pedal movement, and after that, it catches up quickly so the last 50% of the pedal does 95% of the throttle blade angle. I might have those %'s off somewhat, but not the point that the first 40% of the pedal movement having very little blade movement. This is what makes the car feel sluggish unless you really press the pedal, then the blade moves very quickly and the power comes on quick, often causing the tires to spin. The COW Booster gives you are more linear feel to the pedal which translates to the car feeling a lot peppier around town.

I have seen tables in HP Tuners and EFI to allow changes to the throttle rate tables. They come with big warnings - if you do something wrong with these tables you can brick your computer. Chuck told me it's true, he has a stack of bricked computers 2 feet high from developing the COW Booster system.

I was surprised to learn he doesn't use his EFI or HP Tuners cable to do the COW booster, he uses a proprietary hardware device to interface to the OBDII port, and he doesn't use EFI or HP software, he has his own proprietary software to to write the new throttle tables to the computer.

I am a big "bang for the buck" mod guy - I've posted a thread listing the results of my mods http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...ast-heads.html and I have tracked my track results for every mod since new.

So I don't say this lightly - this COW Booster is probably the best mod for around town enjoyment of the car, right up there with gears. I always say, most mods only matter from 4500 RPM on, except for gears, which matter from 0 mph on up (headers help low end too but not nearly as much as gears when it comes to how the car feels). You feel gears every time you press the gas. The COW Booster does the same thing.

I don't often get as excited about a mod but this COW Booster is really a great mod, worth me taking my time to write up this review.

JerriVette 01-08-2013 06:19 AM

Very well stated joeG and right on the money.

COW BOOSTERS ROCK!

Don 79 TA 01-08-2013 08:17 AM

you'll like it
and i suggest search around too
there are what a billion threads about this (ok, maybe just a tad shy of a billion lol )

LSCHLEM 01-08-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Joe_G (Post 1582764711)
Leon it absolutely fixes the problem we manual guys deal with every day that is not fixed in a normal tune.

Here is my thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-buck-mod.html

Here is my analysis. Be ready for the haters who have never tried the cow booster to enter your thread and try to tell you this isn't true. But it is true.

JOE, you have always been a strait up guy and we shared many things in tuning especially concerning the FAST and what it does. The conclusion then is " its just a quirk in the system and we did all we can and it just cant be tuned out" I remember complaining about it to Jeremy who did all my tunes and got me to the 500 RW mark uncorrected. I guess I will have to take a ride up to Chucks and get it installed unless it's a patch that I can install here. I would think the former because everybody could copy it and give it to their buddies
. another decision is on a flywheel since I need a ls9 clutch but i will start a new thread on that. thanks again buddy. Leon

Joe_G 01-08-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM (Post 1582765834)
JOE, you have always been a strait up guy and we shared many things in tuning especially concerning the FAST and what it does. The conclusion then is " its just a quirk in the system and we did all we can and it just cant be tuned out" I remember complaining about it to Jeremy who did all my tunes and got me to the 500 RW mark uncorrected. I guess I will have to take a ride up to Chucks and get it installed unless it's a patch that I can install here. I would think the former because everybody could copy it and give it to their buddies
. another decision is on a flywheel since I need a ls9 clutch but i will start a new thread on that. thanks again buddy. Leon

Yes, Chuck uses a different software program and tuning cord to do it so you need to see him. That's why others can't do it, I tried for years myself and failed.

It's worth it. You'll like it.

Bill Curlee 01-08-2013 11:29 AM

My wife has her own C6 2011 GS Vert.

She had Chuck install the COW Booster 10 months after we purchased it. She loves it. No issues at all. Chuck can adjust and configure it any way you need it or like it to work!

Bill Curlee

LSCHLEM 01-08-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee (Post 1582766994)
My wife has her own C6 2011 GS Vert.

She had Chuck install the COW Booster 10 months after we purchased it. She loves it. No issues at all. Chuck can adjust and configure it any way you need it or like it to work!

Bill Curlee

Thats interesting about what you say about CONFIG. I did not know there are various configurations. I don't know what I want with specificity .
All I know is I want instant throttle response without the hesitation. Can
you go too far with it to the point it can become a danger as one could imagine. just trying to get it together for all i know is just give it to chuck
and tell him " put the booster in" . Thanks for your input, Leon

Bill Curlee 01-08-2013 11:50 AM

Chuck will install it. You will drive it. NOTE....:eek::rock: It will be SIGNIFICANTLY different (read better) than you are use to.

Take it for a drive and if you want more of less, tell Chuck and he will ADJUST IT!

Enjoy it!

Bill

Vette Threat 01-08-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_G (Post 1582764711)

You think Katech for example who was building the C6R for so many years had to go to Chuck to get that hesitation removed or the throttle response tuned because he's the ONLY one on the entire planet that can do this? Seriously? I don't recall the C6R using the COW BOOSTER so how did they win so many races with all that lag in the throttle? :lol:

Don't think for one moment other shops that have the knowledge and experience to build 8sec street driven cars, or boost stock LS3s safely into the 9s can't tune the throttle response themselves, give your head a shake.

I have a "normal" tune and the problem is gone.

...and here is my analysis: Kettle....meet pot. I never said Chucks booster does not solve those issues I simply stated you can solve them as part of your regular tune at a good tuner without being charged extra. Speaking of:

Have you tried my tune? No you have not. I tell you the throttle is much more linear now and the hesitation is gone yet both you and Chuck tell me somehow I must be mistaken. I provide scans to prove my point yet they are ignored too.

So tell me, now that I'm not in a sponsor advertised thread or on your thread.....what am I missing exactly in my $100 complete tune that you got in your $200 Throttle tune? :eek:

Hey if I'm wrong, great prove it to me but large fonts and quotes like "you just gotta try it" or "you don't know what I do, I do something different" .....proves nothing.

Here's my proof that I don't need a 3rd party "throttle booster" to get a nice linear type of response.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/...hrottle1-1.jpg

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0cbe2315.jpg

Vette Threat 01-08-2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_G (Post 1582766222)
Yes, Chuck uses a different software program and tuning cord to do it so you need to see him. That's why others can't do it,

:lolg::lolg::lolg:

Joe_G 01-08-2013 01:12 PM

^^^ told you Leon.

Believe who you want.