CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Wasn't The Transformers Sting Ray Concept Supposed To Be A Design Direction For C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3192863-wasnt-the-transformers-sting-ray-concept-supposed-to-be-a-design-direction-for-c7.html)

RC000E 01-03-2013 05:50 PM

The Viper community will be glad to have you! Bye! Nice knowin ya!

jr3 01-03-2013 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by slief (Post 1582727544)
Actually, this is the "way you will see it" when I pass you in my C7 while you are in one of your "20" outdated corvettes! :rock:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...ine=1357253652

Thats funny :D

BlueOx 01-03-2013 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming (Post 1582727639)
Will see about that come April I just put $ down on an ordering option for a 2013 Viper last night. :smash:

Thank goodness, now we can laugh about the 'clownshoe' design you love. Be sure to let us know when you move to the Viper Forum after you buy that Viper so we can go make fun of your Dodge Dart control knobs...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...ine=1357255550

John T 01-03-2013 06:02 PM

Will see about that come April I just put $ down on an ordering option for a 2013 Viper last night. :smash:

Hey Jet, Don't you think Chrysler is taking this " imported from Motown" stuff too far? I read that Smokey is going to sing the theme song for the next Viper commercial ---
" Tears of a clown shoe " :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

jimmyb 01-03-2013 06:23 PM

I was PRAYING that the Transformer car was NOT the C7. While a great "movie/concept" car, it is a very overblown design, as befitting it's purpose in life (to be a show/concept car).

And Jet....go drive a Viper before you buy one! They are not for everyone (understatement of the year).

Jimmy

Rapid Fred 01-03-2013 06:30 PM

Will that be April 1, perchance?

Sometimes it is really hard to take your posts seriously...

rcallen484 01-03-2013 06:34 PM

Is there anyone here who does NOT believe that the OP's motives are something other than expressing an honest opinion? :troll

BluegrassMotorsport 01-03-2013 06:42 PM

Ah, there it is; a motive. Next thread please...

BlueOx 01-03-2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1582728132)
Is there anyone here who does NOT believe that the OP's motives are something other than expressing an honest opinion? :troll

You know, I could care less if someone doesn't like it. I do care if they go out of their way to be an obnoxious lout about it here on CF7 over and over. If you don't like it, why not just show your objection by buying another car?

I don't go over to the Rustang or Viper forums to whine about a car I don't like.

billythekid310 01-03-2013 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582727753)
Thank goodness, now we can laugh about the 'clownshoe' design you love. Be sure to let us know when you move to the Viper Forum after you buy that Viper so we can go make fun of your Dodge Dart control knobs...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...ine=1357255550

That Viper interior looks sick!

....oh wait that's right it's the Dart.

IMO both the Viper and Dart have good looking interior from the pictures. They do share many characteristics just like the Camaro and Corvette will. If it's not broke....

m48xhp 01-03-2013 06:47 PM

in a word...NO. It never was meant to be the C7. Like all wild and crazy concept cars, it is just meant to see what people like and dont like. If one or two little details carried over to the C7, it was a success.

we get it...you dont like the C7. no one cares. your comments won't change anything. please return to the C6 and Viper discussion boards.

BlueOx 01-03-2013 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by billythekid310 (Post 1582728243)
That Viper interior looks sick!
....oh wait that's right it's the Dart.

IMO both the Viper and Dart have good looking interior from the pictures. They do share many characteristics just like the Camaro and Corvette will. If it's not broke....

Exactly...I mean, who really gets KNOB envy? Well OK, I didn't really mean it THAT way!:rofl:

Rapid Fred 01-03-2013 06:51 PM

Is there anyone here who does NOT believe that the OP's motives are something other than expressing an honest opinion?

Yes, me. OP has been here for over 2 years and has a thread/post history. I checked some of the ones from when he joined and they are reasonable. OP seems to just have strongly held, unpopular, and poorly expressed opinions regarding the C7 (at least what we've seen of it), does not defend his positions effectively, and tends to lead with his chin.

The similarity to a :troll would appear to be largely coincidental.

VETTE-NV 01-03-2013 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Z (Post 1582728298)
Yes, me. OP has been here for over 2 years and has a thread/post history. I checked some of the ones from when he joined and they are reasonable. OP seems to just have strongly held, unpopular, and poorly expressed opinions regarding the C7 (at least what we've seen of it), does not defend his positions effectively, and tends to lead with his chin.

The similarity to a :troll would appear to be largely coincidental.

He has been on here for much longer.....banned several times and reappeared under different names. He was banned for being too annoying regarding the Jetstream blue color. I would guess about 95% of what he posts and claims is BS.

Aerovette 01-03-2013 07:02 PM

The use of the new Camaro in the first Transformers movie set a bad precedent in that the expectation that the Corvette would follow suit was assumed.

I agree with others that things are learned from design studies that we will never know. Look at CERVI and CERVII as an example. I am sure technology came from those studies, but no cosmetic similarities jump out at me.

As for the OP, I suppose I could start 50 seperate threads expressing my dislike for asparagus, but I really believe one would get the point across.

Trolls gotta troll and pot stirrers gotta stir.

slief 01-03-2013 07:32 PM

Just like that C7 you have on order? Funny that you haven't even seen a real C7 in the flesh, profess to have one on order and yet now you put money down on the Viper. The brand new Viper that just got trumped by the outgoing C6 ZR1?? You discredit yourself more and more each and every time you touch your keyboard.

Make no mistake about it, the new C7 ZR1 or what ever it will be will infact be a Viper killer. I'd bet that the new C7 Z06 will beat it as well on the track, at the gas pump, technology wise, looks and especially quality. So get used to that image I put up. It's what you will have to get used to when you pull up next to a cost comparable C7.

That said, enjoy your Viper fantasy and 20 Vette history. :crazy2: It's clearly time for you to enjoy your new buddies on the Dodge forum and run along! Take your Snake and go spank it elsewhere! The Corvette community will be much better off without you!

I don't believe there is anything but malice in his topics of late. While he does have a history here and likely even owns or owned a Vette, I have a hard time believing that any Corvette enthusiast who supposedly owned 20 Corvettes in his lifetime could be immature enough to spam this forum the way he does with his anti C7 rhetoric. Something isn't right with him. That or he was dropped one to many times (on his head) as a baby. Something just isn't right. How does that saying go? If it smells like crap.... There is usually a pile of it pretty close!

IBTL

falco84 01-03-2013 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...ine=1357261917

BuckyThreadkiller 01-03-2013 08:35 PM

Perfect answer - it has all sorts of Corvette heritage.

Here's everything you need.

:seeya:

Jinx 01-03-2013 08:47 PM

Stop rewarding troll behavior.

Yes, spending the week finding every possible way in which to say the same thing is troll behavior. Doing it with a new thread every time is doubly trollish.

Jet Streaming 01-03-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Z (Post 1582728083)
Will that be April 1, perchance?

Sometimes it is really hard to take your posts seriously...

Not quite, Dealer only has three allocated for the whole year car #1 is sold and ordered car #2 will be mine and ordered about mid Feb. then they will have another allocated to build in early June that is not yet sold.