CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   3LT Coupe vs 1LT Grand Sport (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3192526-3lt-coupe-vs-1lt-grand-sport.html)

c8dbo 01-02-2013 11:09 PM

3LT Coupe vs 1LT Grand Sport

Title says it all, what would be your preference?

This is a daily driver.... I'm leaning towards loaded 3LT coupe. :lurk:

duramaxsky 01-02-2013 11:11 PM

:iagree: 1LT is just too stripped down for me.

hawkgfr 01-02-2013 11:13 PM

Coupe I think for me...even though I have a 1lt...

4SUMERZ 01-02-2013 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by duramaxsky (Post 1582721105)

:iagree: I want all the creature comforts, even if I don't use them all, but if I do want to, I have them :D

AORoads 01-02-2013 11:16 PM

nothing wrong with either one, but I have a 3LT. I enjoy and have driven 1LTs but not in a GS. if I had it to do again and had your choice and were going to use it for a DD, I'd still go w. 3LT. jmo.

c8dbo 01-02-2013 11:17 PM

Yeah, the grand sport has killer looks but I think for a car I drive just about every day... I'd be better off with the bose, nav, heated seats, etc.

y2k T.A.R.A. 01-02-2013 11:17 PM

3lt all day
just got one :)

mpuzach 01-02-2013 11:24 PM

With all other things being equal, definitely the 3LT coupe. Though I prefer the looks of the Grand Sport (though by a narrow margin), I like the looks of the base coupe just fine. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider a 1LT anything.

duramaxsky 01-02-2013 11:29 PM

My C6 is a 3LT. I would not have settled for anything less. My Sky had a manual top and I hated it. When I traded it for my C6 it was going to have a power top. Also I like heated seats. I added them to my C5. 3LT all the way.:thumbs:

Gary '09 C6 01-02-2013 11:30 PM

I agree with the others above...the creature comforts are nice to have.

Supersonic 427 01-03-2013 01:38 AM

The 3LT Coupe would be the best choice for a DD. Infact, I think the Coupe is the best Corvette for DD needs, regardless of trim. I say this mainly for tire wear and expense vs. the wide body cars.

FRChilln 01-03-2013 01:52 AM

You can always add a wide body later or heated seats and a nice stereo but if I had to choose I would go for the GS. The wide body just makes it look so much more aggressive.

Drumhawk 01-03-2013 02:03 AM

Side by side the wide body looks way more aggressive, bigger tires and brakes too, I don't need nav, hud or heated seats, need I say more.

Iconic 01-03-2013 02:26 AM

I'd opt for the 1LT Grand Sport over the 3LT base coupe any day.

peter pan 01-03-2013 05:18 AM

DD 3LT and weekend warrior 1LT:rock:

Don-Vette 01-03-2013 05:45 AM

My GS is a 1LT,it gets you in the game for less money, and I prefer the solid leather seats over the perforated. :thumbs:

JerriVette 01-03-2013 05:58 AM

Np question I would get the 1LT grand sport coupe. If it's a manual it's got the launch control, dry sump oiling system wider wheels and tires better brakes......if I could justify it, rationalize it I'd trade my LS3 z51 coupe in for one but with the c7 right here I'm holding back....

If I didn't already have a c6? No question a 1LT grand sportnwould be my choice. The luxury stuff in my opinion on the 3LT is BS. After 6 months you probably won't use it. The 1Lt allows iPod interface which is more important to me. I added HUD for 600 as well as a d shaped alcantara steering wheel at the same time. That's what I recommend but only because you asked for opinions. Both nice but the grand sport 1lt would be my choice.....

I bought new and paid in full. I could have chosen any configuration at kerbeck but the z51 1LT was what I wanted..."...it's not a stripper ..believe me.

My last z06 had all the options and I used them a few times and then never again.

Remember the iPod interface on the 1lT....I'm older but that I use...go figure?

Have fun deciding ..both great choices.....

TLS_Addict 01-03-2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Don-Vette (Post 1582722147)
My GS is a 1LT,it gets you in the game for less money, and I prefer the solid leather seats over the perforated. :thumbs:

Same here.....:cheers:

Top_Fuel 01-03-2013 09:07 AM

Geez...it's not like a 1LT has no AC, crank windows and manual steering! :D There are no options that would cause me to choose a standard coupe over a GS. Go look at both of them side-by-side and I don't think you will care that the 3LT has a few extra interior toys. You will still want to be driving around in the GS because it looks so frigging cool! :yesnod:

goober51 01-03-2013 09:14 AM

I think I want a VY 1LT coupe w/ NPP and chrome wheels. or a TR or VY 1LT Grand Sport w/ the same options. I gotta find a deal.

TLS_Addict 01-03-2013 09:16 AM

Drive both......and take it on the roads you will be on a lot. The one that rides the best is the one I would pick. There is no wrong decision.

markmott 01-03-2013 09:18 AM

Look at 2lt GS its only a couple grand more and you get some of the right stuff. If your going to spend $50000 plus what's a couple grand more. With the C7 coming out I think the GS's will hold there value better.

Mike Campbell 01-03-2013 09:25 AM

Actually, the 3LT's price vs a 1LT is not worth it. I'd get the GS 1LT and by the way, the only reason I'd get the 2LT is you have a color option for the seats and the HUD. However, you can get a HUD installed for $ 550.00 or do it your self for less than $ 350.00. The looks and advantages of the GS outweigh the 3LT's cost. :thumbs:

sellshort 01-03-2013 09:30 AM

Get the 3lt GS

I have a great idea for you. Get the 3lt GS that's what I did. Problem solved.

TLS_Addict 01-03-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by sellshort (Post 1582723108)
I have a great idea for you. Get the 3lt GS that's what I did. Problem solved.

Why not a 4LT? Cheap-o....lol j/k

BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET. 01-03-2013 09:36 AM

For a DD ask yourself if 2K for tires every 8 to 12 K is in the mix.

dvilin 01-03-2013 10:05 AM

:iagree:

Originally Posted by 200 MPH (Post 1582721948)
I'd opt for the 1LT Grand Sport over the 3LT base coupe any day.

paul310 01-03-2013 10:11 AM

I'd say go for the 1lt GS. Being that you're in Texas, you rarely would want heated seats. Nav is something you probably wouldn't use much. If you do, you can go buy one or use a phone. A manual top isn't a big deal if you opted for a vert. I can put the top down or up quicker than it can by itself, not to mention the saved weight. Plus, the GS performs better (brakes, wider tires).

jrjjrj 01-03-2013 10:44 AM

I faced this exact choice several months ago and chose the 3LT coupe because it was intended for a daily driver. Tire costs and options swayed the day.

ny32182 01-03-2013 10:52 AM

I bought 1LT coupe as a weekend toy; if I'd have been prepared to go an extra 10k into it I'd probably have been looking for a used Z06.

For +10k new, I'd have probably gone GS rather than up-optioned coupe, but mine was always intended to be a weekend toy and I don't buy sports cars (especially Chevys) for the "interior creature comforts".

MANY threads here suggest that the GS will require $2k worth of new tires every 10k miles, and for me that would absolutely rule it out for any kind of DD use as I commute 80 miles a day; my tires alone would average like $3k a year. I do like the widebody look for the mostpart (I think it would look even better without most of the fake scoops and whatnot... just stick to the widebody panels and tires only)... but I ramble. In many respects I think the streamlined coupe looks better and it isn't exactly riding around on nubs; I consider 19x10's to be fairly sporty in their own right. For DD between the two I'd get the 3LT coupe simply because of tire wear --> cost.

boraxman 01-03-2013 10:55 AM

In this case I would go coupe

Supersonic 427 01-03-2013 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by jrjjrj (Post 1582723741)
I faced this exact choice several months ago and chose the 3LT coupe because it was intended for a daily driver. Tire costs and options swayed the day.

Same here! I love the look of the GS models and if my Corvette was going to be a second car (as most are) that would be my choice. However, using a GS as a DD with the excessive tire wear, there is no way I could afford to add $2000+ per year on tires along with the car payments.

Johnny_B_Good 01-03-2013 11:16 AM

Love the look of the GS, don’t need or want all the technology of the 3LT.

-CM- 01-03-2013 11:17 AM

I'd go with the coupe for the 3LT features, but I also need the ability to use all-season tires.

Daekwan06 01-03-2013 11:17 AM

Im a 3LT Coupe owner.. and I'd still say go for the 1LT GS. Why:

1) Its looks better. The widebody kit, wider wheels & tires and bigger brakes give the car a stance.. that creature comforts dont.

2) The widebody goodies represent more of a value in the long run. When you sell a used Vette a few years from now. 1LT coupe's will sell for pretty much the same price as 3LT coupe's. But a GS, will still bring more money (ie. less depreciation) than a same model year coupe.

3) The creature comforts are definitely nice (only if you use them often). I do use my heated seats in the cooler days (and even nights with the roof off) and the HUD is immensely invaluable to watching your speeds when cops are around & "high performance" driving. The autodimming mirror does become valuable when an SUV or Truck is behind the car.

But lets be real about the power telescoping wheel, memory seats, power driver/passenger seats, satellite radio and rear-view mirror compass. They are really things that I really dont use often, if at all. The wheel & seats I adjust one time and never again. I'm the only person who drives my Vette, so theres no need to continually adjust these things. Which makes the power & memory features a waste. The satellite radio is subscription based and something I do not want to pay a monthly/annual fee for. And the compass is only hand if you do not have GPS navigation available. I do like the included cargo net, cargo cover and garage door opener. Of course the extra side airbags are welcomed, priceless and really should be a standard feature on a $50,000 sports car.

All that said. About the only "must have" features I see from the 3LT package is the HUD (which can be installed on a 1LT car for $600), the heated seats & the side airbags. If you live in the south you probably dont care about the heated seats. And if your Vette is mainly a garage queen, then you dont care about the side airbags. If you are concerned about all season tires.. then the choice is pretty easy, stick with the coupe.

LSD 2005 01-03-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by C5Darwon (Post 1582721096)

:iagree:3LT Coupe. Too many options to overlook.

Bluetooth includes phone connection; DVD navigation system with full map and voice; 6.5 in. multi-function display screen; Voice activating system for radio, phone and navigation system; Auxiliary audio jack and USB port; Nine Bose speakers; Additional 9 months of SiriusXM Satellite Radio service; Load restraint: net; Cargo area cover/rear parcel shelf; Memorized adjustment: includes two driver settings, door mirror position and steering wheel position; Driver sports front seat heated with 10-way power memorized height, power lumbar and memorized tilt, front passenger seat sports front seat heated with 10-way power power height, power lumbar and power tilt; Power side bolsters; Tilt telescoping steering wheel; Garage door opener; Coming home device.

GrandSportRob 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Weekend warrior: 1LT GS

Daily driver: 3LT coupe

I'm not abig fan of the base C6 but if it has to be driven daily the creature comforts & not worrying about tire wear come into play.

JadeRaven 01-03-2013 01:32 PM

If you're on a budget and having to decide between the two, I'd go with the base Coupe (3LT or 1LT).

As others mentioned, the tires alone are killer for the GS. Much more limited in your options for replacement, and they're all more than double the cost, and the stock tires burn out quickly.

Personally if I'm going to burn $2-$3k on tires every 15k miles, etc., I will wait until I don't have to decide between a 3LT coupe or 1LT GS.

I love the looks of the grand sport but the performance increase is all in the wider, more expensive tires and it's somewhat negated by the added weight/size of the car.

I guess I'm just an all-or-nothing kind of guy. If I'm on a budget it's the base coupe; if I'm not on a budget (or on a big budget) I'd skip the GS and go with a Z06 or ZR1. To me there is no point to the GS unless you want the widebody and an automatic transmission.

I know many would obviously disagree with me so that's just my humble opinion for what it's worth. :D

RJRSW 01-03-2013 01:41 PM

Get the 3LT!

A 1LT is for the track and a 3LT if you are going to drive it on the street. Wouldn't buy a 1LT no matter how cheap it was.

2vette2 01-03-2013 01:55 PM

I went with a 2LT coupe. It's got the newer seats, Nav, HUD and "better" radio. The add ons for the 3LT just did not seem worth it to me. The only item I do miss is the heated seats as I do drive mine year round. Nothing wrong with the GS, I just like the "narrow" body better and the extra performance is not needed (for me). :D

A Marsh 01-03-2013 01:59 PM

Agree

trading tiger 01-03-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel (Post 1582722925)
Geez...it's not like a 1LT has no AC, crank windows and manual steering! :D There are no options that would cause me to choose a standard coupe over a GS. Go look at both of them side-by-side and I don't think you will care that the 3LT has a few extra interior toys. You will still want to be driving around in the GS because it looks so frigging cool! :yesnod:

This is the correct answer. You want the bose sound system? Just pull out the stock speakers and replace/add some quality speakers. You want nav? Pull out your smart phone, garmin, tom tom, or get a map. You want a warm butt? Put more clothes on or turn up the heat. You want a GS/Z06 style body? That's another story.

Point is, there are very feasible, inexpensive ways to replace or even upgrade what those optional "creature comforts" offer. Changing the look of a base coupe to a GS/Z06 is feasible, but it's EXPENSIVE. So much so, you're better off just buying the GS to begin with, even if it is the 1LT.

FrankTank 01-03-2013 02:00 PM

I'd go with the 1LT GS hands down.. I prefer the looks, bigger tires, brakes ..I've never liked the looks of the C6 non-GS, sorry JMO.

GS all the way.

CorvetteGerard 01-03-2013 02:07 PM

call me crazy but I wanted my first vette to be a 1lt Grand Sport..just bare to the bones....I used to have an 07 bmw 750 so I definitely miss the heated/cooled seats, telescoping steering wheel and more...but can honestly say I haven't missed any of it one bit. I'm happy with my stock radio and on-star nav.

HyperX 01-03-2013 02:22 PM

GS hands down. Trust me, you will be looking at wide body kits if you get the coupe.

TLS_Addict 01-03-2013 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1582725478)
Get the 3LT!

A 1LT is for the track and a 3LT if you are going to drive it on the street. Wouldn't buy a 1LT no matter how cheap it was.

And some wouldnt buy an LS2......no matter how cheap it was.

Just busing your balls. :)

bucwheat 01-03-2013 02:48 PM

Go with the GS you won't regret it.

CorvetteGerard 01-03-2013 02:51 PM

this thread is turning into the sport mode vs. non-sport bmw 750's type of convo I used to see over at bimmerfest.com....we all have nice cars..corvettes...I don't think there's anything wrong with the 1lt...especially in this type of car..the nav unit you get is about 7 years old software wise..that's what killed it for me...I don't think I saw any 2 or 3lt's without the nav when I bought my car that day.

BLU JET 07 01-03-2013 06:33 PM

I would take a 3 LT vs 1 LT anyday. Sure you may not need or want all the bells and whistles at this exact moment, but HUD, F55, Heated seats etc... are nice to have on long trips and at trade in time. It all depends on what comforts you want and what you are willing to spend......

Always Red Dave 01-03-2013 06:44 PM

I would take the 3LT coupe any day over the STRIPPY 1LT GS...................

96GS#007 01-03-2013 06:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by trading tiger (Post 1582725631)
This is the correct answer. You want the bose sound system? Just pull out the stock speakers and replace/add some quality speakers. You want nav? Pull out your smart phone, garmin, tom tom, or get a map. You want a warm butt? Put more clothes on or turn up the heat. You want a GS/Z06 style body? That's another story.

Point is, there are very feasible, inexpensive ways to replace or even upgrade what those optional "creature comforts" offer. Changing the look of a base coupe to a GS/Z06 is feasible, but it's EXPENSIVE. So much so, you're better off just buying the GS to begin with, even if it is the 1LT.

:iagree: Not only that, but if the OP decides to add the performance items, those get rather pricey as well....transmission, sway bars, springs, shocks, coolers, etc. depending on how far one wants to take it.

I bought a 2LT GS. The only things I wanted in the 3LT package were the garage door opener and heated seats. I added HomeLink to my visor myself and a local, well regarded, auto upholstery shop will add seat heaters for $700 if I drop the seats off.

Corvette ED 01-03-2013 06:51 PM

Remember someday you will want to sell or trade. 3LT is the way to go.

ButchN 01-03-2013 07:04 PM

Wow, all these 1Lt haters.

What 'creature' comforts does one really need?

I have a 1LT coupe & guess what, no nav & no bluetooth is cool, (And one can get a way better aftermkt deck for substantially less than the factory system) I have my smartphone, also, no heated seats, no HUD which I never used in the cars I owned previous with HU & heated seats.
I never used the telescoping steering wheel in my 82, & memory seats, hmm, since only I drive my car no need for 2 different settings.

And the Bose, my pals with Bose GS's sound just like my non bose system.

I saved allot not buying a vehicle with options I do not need & if use, would be rarely ever.

And in the end, I still have a great looking car.

Don-Vette 01-03-2013 07:16 PM

I love my 1LT,I don't need Bluetooth,I have a Jawbone. I hate cars with HUD. I prefer the solid leather seat over the perforated. And saved about $2500 off the price of my GS. My car does have the things that are important to me...Black,A6,Chrome wheels and NPP!!!

RJRSW 01-03-2013 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette ED (Post 1582728300)
Remember someday you will want to sell or trade. 3LT is the way to go.

I have bought and sold around 25 vettes and have found over and over that the loaded ones sell way faster and you get considerably more money for them when they sell. I personally only buy converts and they have to have close to every option available before I will even look at them.

It is even far worse if it is a convert and it is nearly impossible to get any decent offer on a base option convert and even worse yet if it has a manual trans. I have followed no option manual trans converts that have been offered and advertised for months and some for more than a year.

The initial cost savings to buy a stripped base option car are just not worth sacrificing the niceties in the long run and so many end up spending money on upgrading the sound system, adding HUD and on and on in the end anyway.

Grand Sport Torch 01-03-2013 07:34 PM

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I bought my GS because I fell in love with the 4Lt interior. I probably would not have ordered it that way due to the cost. I love everthing else about the car but the view I see most often is behind the wheel, and I do use the heated seats and Nav even though it is antiquated. Bottom line is buy what you like that best fits your budget, that's why they have different trim levels! You really can't go wrong with either one.

Cyberwar 01-03-2013 07:49 PM

I was in the exact same situation earlier last year. Which one to choose?!

I finally decided on the 1LT GS. I just loved the look of the widebody plus I planned on getting the car on the track so the added performance parts were a benefit.

Once I totaled up all the individual pieces that came in each of the LT packages that I wanted on the car, I realized that I could purchase and install the exact ones that I wanted on it myself for 60% less than what the dealer wanted for the packaged upgrades.

Plus, how fun was it to do all the mods on the car myself!? Awesome because I love working on my cars!

To each his own, that's why they made different models. Good luck with your decision!

laconiajack 01-03-2013 08:26 PM

Side-by-side, 99% of people couldn't tell the difference between the two. The 3LT is loaded with an inferior (Bose) sound system compared to the standard system, and the factory NAV system is inferior to any aftermarket Garmin. On the other hand the G/S is the slowest Corvettte, although it does excel at parking lot competition like auto-crossing, and can't be fitted with all-season run flat tires, so it is really only suitable for dry, warm weather use since it comes with summer performance tires that typically wear out in less than 12,000 miles, and are expensive to replace. My advise, keep looking!

CMCvette 01-03-2013 09:32 PM

I was in exactly the same position a couple of months ago! I succumbed to the wide body style (which I still admire every day!) and added lumbar padding, hence missing only the HUD (which I didn't find compelling in my C5) and nav (which I don't use in any cars anyway), And find the base stereo just fine. For same price of both cars, I find the GS features even at 1LT level totally compelling and love it. No regrets, but then the GS was gray with gray wheels, which sealed the deal over chromes on the standard body. Take lots of pictures of both at all angles, pore over them, and see which consistently excites you the most. You can't go wrong either way, though, which is the great news!

gguillie 01-03-2013 09:52 PM

3lt

I have a 2011 1LT Coupe that I drive 60+ miles per day back and forth to work. Great car, but the lack of an OEM Bluetooth (I have a Blue Ant) and a garage door opener (I installed a Homelink opener) has been cause for regret since Day 1. My next Corvette (2015 Vert) will be better equipped or not at all.

Brian2010 01-03-2013 10:01 PM

Grand sport 1lt for me. All i wanted was the big brake kit,Larger tires,and wide body.Radio could be swapped out anyway.

duramaxsky 01-04-2013 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1582728659)

I have bought and sold around 25 vettes and have found over and over that the loaded ones sell way faster and you get considerably more money for them when they sell. I personally only buy converts and they have to have close to every option available before I will even look at them.

It is even far worse if it is a convert and it is nearly impossible to get any decent offer on a base option convert and even worse yet if it has a manual trans. I have followed no option manual trans converts that have been offered and advertised for months and some for more than a year.

The initial cost savings to buy a stripped base option car are just not worth sacrificing the niceties in the long run and so many end up spending money on upgrading the sound system, adding HUD and on and on in the end anyway.

:iagree: It's the same with trucks around here. You can get one that's a 4X4 and never use it once. When you sell it the difference in price will be 4 or 5 times the extra you spent on it new and extra gas. No one around here will buy a 2 wheel drive.

grayline 01-04-2013 01:25 AM

This is soooooo funny:lurk::withstupid::leaving::flag:

RULOOKIN 01-04-2013 04:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have to say 3LT GS all day long had a 05 Z51 coupe just doesnt compare to the handleing and stance of the GS, with that said the huge tires on the GS wear quickly and any road crown or ruts you going to feel the car pull a bit to one side or the other, LOL adds to the fun !

[IMG]http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...ine=1357290809[/IMG]

KneeDragr 01-04-2013 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by C5Darwon (Post 1582721096)

Honestly there are only 2 reasons to get the GS over a coupe, if you are going to track it, or you like the looks better.

There are significant advantages of the coupe over the GS for a daily driver.

Pretty simple decision IMO.

Tonylmiller 01-04-2013 11:04 AM

I have a 3LT convertible, and I'm enjoying the toys much more than I thought I would. My garage is tight, and I don't need the extra width of the GS.

PittMD1 01-04-2013 12:23 PM

if you are talking the same dollar figure for either car then it is a no brainer. The GS is much more car for the money.

Some one mentioned they thought the resale on the 3LT would be better. If it were a 3LT GS compared to a 1LT gs then yes but look at the sales figures for the base models and the GS's. Now tell me which one people will be wanting.

FrankTank 01-04-2013 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1582729144)
Side-by-side, 99% of people couldn't tell the difference between the two. The 3LT is loaded with an inferior (Bose) sound system compared to the standard system, and the factory NAV system is inferior to any aftermarket Garmin. On the other hand the G/S is the slowest Corvettte, although it does excel at parking lot competition like auto-crossing, and can't be fitted with all-season run flat tires, so it is really only suitable for dry, warm weather use since it comes with summer performance tires that typically wear out in less than 12,000 miles, and are expensive to replace. My advise, keep looking!

I seriously doubt that 99% of people could not tell the difference between a GS and a base coupe... really think about it...take the average person who is not even into cars... walk them around both cars and you'd have to be blind not notice ... GS has the badging, 3 gills on the side, hole in the hood upfront for air inlet... bigger tires, different wheels

sure they may not notice the rear quater panels being wider or the difference in the front section..but the GS does stand out :crazy:

As far as the GS being the "slowest" Corvette, I don't think that really matters to OP as he has indicated the car is mostly for cruising and trips etc... daily driver :crazy: and yes by slowest if you mean a 10th or 2 yes.. which again like I've told you before makes it a drivers race between a GS and Coupe at the end of the day.

ny32182 01-04-2013 12:46 PM

The average joe not into cars wouldn't have the slightest idea that there is any difference at all between a coupe 1LT and a ZR1, I guarantee it.

TLS_Addict 01-04-2013 01:07 PM

No C6 Corvette is slow. :)

RJRSW 01-04-2013 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ny32182 (Post 1582734188)
The average joe not into cars wouldn't have the slightest idea that there is any difference at all between a coupe 1LT and a ZR1, I guarantee it.

That is the truth. The non corvette owner is hard pressed to even tell which generation is the newest much less models within the same generation apart.

While I still had both the C5 convert and the C6 convert sitting in the garage for a while many people that saw them both together thought the C5 convert was the newest model of the two. :lol:

FrankTank 01-04-2013 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ny32182 (Post 1582734188)

Yea, if we are talking option packages, clearly nobody is going to know there is a difference between a 1LT and a ZR1..hell I can't tell you what the difference is between the 1LT and 2LT options

I'd bet money if you parked a ZR1 next to a standard coupe , walk them around the outside of the cars they will note the differences ...you think someone is blind enough to miss the gaping window in the ZR1 hood vs the standard hood on a coupe :lol: seriously doubt that

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1582734516)

That is the truth. The non corvette owner is hard pressed to even tell which generation is the newest much less models within the same generation apart.

While I still had both the C5 convert and the C6 convert sitting in the garage for a while many people that saw them both together thought the C5 convert was the newest model of the two. :lol:

But we are not talking about an average person telling the difference between a C5 vert and a C6 vert... the statement I challgened was laconiajack comment about 99% of people not telling the difference between a GS and a coupe

I would agree 100% the average person has no idea what a "C5" vs a "C6" is , or would be able to tell them apart... they look more alike than people care to admit.... but parks a GS C6 next to a C5 coupe, or C6 I will bet people (NOT EVERYONE) can pick out the difference.

ny32182 01-04-2013 01:37 PM

I'd bet money if you parked a ZR1 next to a standard coupe , walk them around the outside of the cars they will note the differences ...you think someone is blind enough to miss the gaping window in the ZR1 hood vs the standard hood on a coupe seriously doubt that
I've had to explain to four co-workers so far that the easiest way to tell the difference between a C5 and a C6 is the non-flipup headlights.

Bobbyosto 01-04-2013 02:49 PM

I would go with any GS over a 3LT base car. My choice would be a 2LT GS around $60K and two of the best things in the 3LT pkg; Nav and HUD

Never-Enough 01-04-2013 02:53 PM

I would not be happy with a 1LT

meridock 01-04-2013 02:58 PM

I just wished some of the basics were in the 1LT package. My 06 Z51 is LT1. I decided I had to have auto-dimming mirror and homelink. I than I added a decent replacement stereo to my wish list. for 1300 backs and 4 hours I had a new NAV (Kenwood with backup cam,) new rearview mirror, and visor with homelink.

that is the functional elements - I wish the 1LT had the mirror and homelink. I have done some interior upgrades that are aesthetic and in the 3LT package, but functionally just those two were important. it was those two that made my Vette a DD.

irok 01-04-2013 03:12 PM

loaded 3lt coupe would be my choice.

RMcoolX 01-04-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Never-Enough (Post 1582735192)
I would not be happy with a 1LT

I feel the same way. My salesman found me a really great deal on a 1LT C6 and GS, but I just couldn't do it on either one. The 2LT for $1888 (I paid below invoice) has a lot to offer for the buck on a 2012.

Go 2, 3, 4LT coupe unless you auto-x.

I'll admit that I do love the look of GS (although I also love the cleaner no non-sense 'Batmobile-less' look of the base), but just not to the tune of $6k plus.

Whatever you get, however, love it as we all do ours! :flag:

Supersonic 427 01-04-2013 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by meridock (Post 1582735227)
I just wished some of the basics were in the 1LT package. My 06 Z51 is LT1. I decided I had to have auto-dimming mirror and homelink. I than I added a decent replacement stereo to my wish list. for 1300 backs and 4 hours I had a new NAV (Kenwood with backup cam,) new rearview mirror, and visor with homelink.

that is the functional elements - I wish the 1LT had the mirror and homelink. I have done some interior upgrades that are aesthetic and in the 3LT package, but functionally just those two were important. it was those two that made my Vette a DD.

I have a '12 1LT and it has the auto dimming mirror with compass and also a 6 way power passenger seat. They have added to the 1LT pkg in later year C6's.

VatorMan 01-04-2013 10:32 PM

For a DD, 3LT all day long. If you plan on using the car for what it was intended-the GS beats anything out there.

Rebel 1 01-04-2013 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1582734516)

:iagree: I have heard quite a few of them!

I have a '09 CRM Coupe and a guy told me "nice Grand Sport"!

A couple asked me last week if my car was the New C7 :lol:

Guy gave me a compliment once on my "beautiful candy apple red Z06"!

Only one time did someone get it correct! :cheers:

Rebel 1 01-04-2013 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by FrankTank (Post 1582734580)
I'd bet money if you parked a ZR1 next to a standard coupe , walk them around the outside of the cars they will note the differences ...you think someone is blind enough to miss the gaping window in the ZR1 hood vs the standard hood on a coupe :lol: seriously doubt that

I will Take That Bet if you don't walk them around the cars and point out the differences :lol::yesnod:

mpuzach 01-04-2013 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1582738892)
If you plan on using the car for what it was intended-the GS beats anything out there.

And exactly for what do you believe the car is intended?

meridock 01-05-2013 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Supersonic GS (Post 1582738850)
I have a '12 1LT and it has the auto dimming mirror with compass and also a 6 way power passenger seat. They have added to the 1LT pkg in later year C6's.

Good to know. Homelink in the visor?

Supersonic 427 01-05-2013 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by meridock (Post 1582739865)
Good to know. Homelink in the visor?

No Homelink....I just put my remote on the visor.

laconiajack 01-05-2013 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1582739450)
And exactly for what do you believe the car is intended?

Hoping against hope at least one person out of a million will think it's actually a Z06. :rofl:

duramaxsky 01-05-2013 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1582746039)
Hoping against hope at least one person out of a million will think it's actually a Z06. :rofl:

:rofl:

markzeronine 01-05-2013 10:21 PM

I've got a 1lt coupe and don't long for any of the other options. I wouldn't mind having them but they certainly aren't deal breakers. Car isn't my daily driver either though. What I'm trying to say is, 1lt gs all day!

darbn 01-05-2013 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by markzeronine (Post 1582746640)
I've got a 1lt coupe and don't long for any of the other options. I wouldn't mind having them but they certainly aren't deal breakers. Car isn't my daily driver either though. What I'm trying to say is, 1lt gs all day!

RMcoolX 01-06-2013 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by markzeronine (Post 1582746640)

I never thought of it that way. While nothing less than a 2LT was a must for me, that's because it is my DD. If it were not my DD, I could live with a 1LT with ease.:thumbs:

bigblock427 01-06-2013 10:11 AM

My previous Vette was an '09 with Z51 and 2LT. I really liked it and thought it was a great car. It got totalled by an Oklahoma hail storm. I replaced that Vette with a '10 GS with 1LT. I like the GS more than the '09. I either did not need or want most of the other options that come with the 2LT and above packages. There are a few options I wouldn't mind having, but don't mind living without, especially for the money. I did have a HUD installed.

If it were my choice, I would go with the 1LT GS. What you want from and out of a car may be something completely different from others and myself. Figure out what you need to have, and want to have, and purchase accordingly.

But both cars are something you will truly enjoy.:thumbs:

Good luck with your decision.:cheers:

hig4s 01-06-2013 10:23 AM

The coupe has a better selection of tires more suited to daily driving. Example, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S all season tire is not available in sizes to fit the GS. It is cheaper, has better mileage rating, and is better in the wet than the full on sport version.

goober51 01-06-2013 05:52 PM

I enjoy reading all the responses on this thread, but I can't believe no one has beaten the horse.

FRChilln 01-06-2013 06:28 PM

You guys crack me up. It's not like the 1LT has crank windows, No A/C and No P/S and a Tape Deck. I would get the wide body any day over a base looking corvette and for $500 throw an aftermarket nav in it with Bluetooth capabilities and be way ahead of the ancient factory nav that's in there. O well for HUD and heated seats, over rated...

goober51 01-06-2013 06:49 PM

I can do w/o the HUD, and I definitely don't need or want heated seats. I would like NPP and M6, and for Cindy Crawford to answer the phone when I call her. :rofl:

Suprpig 01-06-2013 06:56 PM

Jokers wild

Although I agree with most I like the 3LT options... even if I generally don't use them... I like them. I love the GS styling and looks but have to lean to the 3LT. Although most don't buy a car thinking they will resell it... they do and 1LTs don't draw crowds. Now if you are going to race or use it for speed weekends at a road track or autocross... go GS. Good luck any purchase is better than no purchase.

Iconic 01-06-2013 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Suprpig (Post 1582753193)
Good luck any purchase is better than no purchase.

Well said. Trying to narrow down the selection of a few Corvettes, is a nice problem to have.

Supersonic 427 01-07-2013 12:51 AM

3LT is a $5995 option on a Coupe and $7995 on a Convertible. Think about what you are getting for that money! IMHO....not worth it.

Mike Campbell 01-07-2013 11:07 AM

Supersonic GS: 3LT is a $5995 option on a Coupe and $7995 on a Convertible. Think about what you are getting for that money! IMHO....not worth it.

:iagree: Personally, the 2LT is the better deal and cheaper, if you want different color seats. But, there's no reason to fork out a ton of money, if you buy a Corvette for it's performance not for mostly "window dressing." :yesnod:

ls1121 01-07-2013 11:40 AM

I just recently bought my 08 3lt and before I came here I knew nothing about model differences. I knew Corvette and Z06 :rofl:

I have had more than a couple of people actually compliment me on my real nice Corvette when they were looking at my clean Z28.....some I corrected and some I just said "Thank You" :thumbs: