CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   What is your plan B??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3180123-what-is-your-plan-b.html)

pTr73 12-10-2012 11:34 PM

Plan A: See how the C7 stacks up and then purchase

Plan B: If the C7 fails, keep my C6 and supercharge it, wait for the C8!

crabman 12-10-2012 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1582537524)
For 50k...you show me a plan B that compares...ain't happenin.

Plan "B" is to either spend way more money, or keep your C6Z because nothin beats a Corvette for the money...nothin.

If your plan B is a Porsche Boxter, clearly you're looking for a different experience. Corvette's are the performance bang for the dollar. If you don't mind less performance, just so you can play with flappy paddles, have big dealer service bills, etc, then have fun. As long as you don't race a Corvette in that thing, I guess you're good to go.

I just don't see how 265hp for more money than a Corvette costs, is a good plan b?

Its not sounding to me like 50k buys you any C7 but a stripper. We'll see. Anyhow take a pill, its all good. :cheers:

Spulbus2013 12-11-2012 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Velocita (Post 1582528899)
I am sure the C7 will be great, but if it is a disapointment I am thinking of going with the new Viper. I am curious what everyone is thinking... If not the Viper, what will you do? Keep and upgrade your C6? ZL1 or Shelby? I just cannot get into the 911s. I am praying GM nails the C7 and spares me this dilemma!!!

I wish i would want to afford the new viper but with it most likely coming in around $150k+ its not something I will be looking at :( IDK maybe a Shelby, new Boss 302 (2015) or MAYBE a GTR even though its on the higher end of things for me. Honestly a built Shelby or Boss will likely find its way home to me unless this C7 is a total rape party and a great performer out of the gates, baby C6Z!????

Spulbus2013 12-11-2012 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1582537524)
For 50k...you show me a plan B that compares...ain't happenin.

Plan "B" is to either spend way more money, or keep your C6Z because nothin beats a Corvette for the money...nothin.

If your plan B is a Porsche Boxter, clearly you're looking for a different experience. Corvette's are the performance bang for the dollar. If you don't mind less performance, just so you can play with flappy paddles, have big dealer service bills, etc, then have fun. As long as you don't race a Corvette in that thing, I guess you're good to go.

I just don't see how 265hp for more money than a Corvette costs, is a good plan b?

Agree, the Boxter is a great but with the HP way way below what i want and need LOL! i dont think it will ever find its way into my hands.

RC000E 12-11-2012 05:29 AM

Viper= It's ZR1 territory and beyond...no comparison to base C7, and I BET, it hardly outperforms a base C7

GTR= Awesome car, no question...but Nissan will leave you out in the cold if you break it...and they do break....often.

Porsche= Again...ZR1 money...and the cost of ownership if you drive it is substantial, as is the depreciation if you DO drive it too much, as is the maintenance bill if you do drive it, as is the huge loss in resale if you don't spend the big money to maintain it. Awesome car...no comparison though in terms of cost. If money weren't an object, I'd own of fleet of Porsche GT3RS's, GT2's, C4S's...everything. As long as it is....no.

Mustang= Solid performer, no doubt...but you're talking about Ford's everything car. The guy who spends 30k, is driving the car that your driving for 50k. Not literally but, the fact is, these dressed up models are genius.

Look at the SRT4 Neon....this is a NEON...that people bought in masses because it ran 13's. But it's a NEON! I equate these higher end Mustangs to this. If you want a Mustang, buy a Mustang...but don't spend 50k on one for God's sake.

Fact is, there is NO car...NO car for 50-55k that you can own, that will bring the experience that this C7 will bring...absolute end of story. You can nitpick this or that, but when you break down the entire package, there is NO competitor. I don't care which tranny is in it, which taillights it has, how good or bad the interior is....there is no "total package" competition in the price range aside from a modded earlier year Corvette.

Dizzy...look at history:

C5Z matched the C4ZR1 for half the price
C5 crushed the C4 in terms of performance for the same cost and did it with way more civility
C6 Z51 matched the C5Z at Nurburgring, then the C6Z released and crushed it
C7...by the rules of history, will be as good as, or damn close to the C6Z...so plan on it.

Corvette just won the ALMS driver, manufacturer and team championship this year...crushing everything. They are THE driving force in how this new car will perform, and they have dominated the series for a decade, and have only been in it for what...13 years? It'll be good...that's a fact.

Nitrous Oxide 12-11-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1582538584)
Viper= It's ZR1 territory and beyond...no comparison to base C7, and I BET, it hardly outperforms a base C7

GTR= Awesome car, no question...but Nissan will leave you out in the cold if you break it...and they do break....often.

Porsche= Again...ZR1 money...and the cost of ownership if you drive it is substantial, as is the depreciation if you DO drive it too much, as is the maintenance bill if you do drive it, as is the huge loss in resale if you don't spend the big money to maintain it. Awesome car...no comparison though in terms of cost. If money weren't an object, I'd own of fleet of Porsche GT3RS's, GT2's, C4S's...everything. As long as it is....no.

Mustang= Solid performer, no doubt...but you're talking about Ford's everything car. The guy who spends 30k, is driving the car that your driving for 50k. Not literally but, the fact is, these dressed up models are genius.

Look at the SRT4 Neon....this is a NEON...that people bought in masses because it ran 13's. But it's a NEON! I equate these higher end Mustangs to this. If you want a Mustang, buy a Mustang...but don't spend 50k on one for God's sake.

Fact is, there is NO car...NO car for 50-55k that you can own, that will bring the experience that this C7 will bring...absolute end of story. You can nitpick this or that, but when you break down the entire package, there is NO competitor. I don't care which tranny is in it, which taillights it has, how good or bad the interior is....there is no "total package" competition in the price range aside from a modded earlier year Corvette.

Dizzy...look at history:

C5Z matched the C4ZR1 for half the price
C5 crushed the C4 in terms of performance for the same cost and did it with way more civility
C6 Z51 matched the C5Z at Nurburgring, then the C6Z released and crushed it
C7...by the rules of history, will be as good as, or damn close to the C6Z...so plan on it.

Corvette just won the ALMS driver, manufacturer and team championship this year...crushing everything. They are THE driving force in how this new car will perform, and they have dominated the series for a decade, and have only been in it for what...13 years? It'll be good...that's a fact.

I don't think anyone is doubting the awesome performance of the C7. It's the look that is the big unknown. I'd rather be in a cheap appliance car than in an ugly C7.

Okay, luckily I have a C6.

Bill17601 12-11-2012 07:31 AM

Lucky to have a C6? Go back to when the C6 was introduced. The complaints were just as loud. It was the head lights not the tail lights but the same concerns. People swore they would never buy a car that ugly. It was change and people do not like change. C6 owners really do not like change. The new C7 will eclipse any Corvette built before. In performance and style. The style is a personal preference. I like it. I'll bet the sales will be huge.
Doesn't mean the C6 will become an also ran. It means no matter how much you love your car it will now be yesterday's Corvette. If I were you I would keep it and spend your money on a new washer & dryer. All Corvettes are beautiful...ride with pride..:rock:

Nitrous Oxide 12-11-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1582538841)
Lucky to have a C6? Go back to when the C6 was introduced. The complaints were just as loud. It was the head lights not the tail lights but the same concerns. People swore they would never buy a car that ugly. It was change and people do not like change. C6 owners really do not like change. The new C7 will eclipse any Corvette built before. In performance and style. The style is a personal preference. I like it. I'll bet the sales will be huge.
Doesn't mean the C6 will become an also ran. It means no matter how much you love your car it will now be yesterday's Corvette. If I were you I would keep it and spend your money on a new washer & dryer. All Corvettes are beautiful...ride with pride..:rock:

You're a freakin' jerk.

I want a C7. I won't have one if it looks like shite. Have problem with that? See a brain doctor.

Bill17601 12-11-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide (Post 1582538923)
You're a freakin' jerk.

I want a C7. I won't have one if it looks like shite. Have problem with that? See a brain doctor.

Your right. What a well thought out and articulate response. I should respect a person with your ability.

Nitrous Oxide 12-11-2012 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1582538936)
Your right. What a well thought out and articulate response. I should respect a person with your ability.

Likewise, I should respect the ayatollah of the C7.

Bill17601 12-11-2012 08:03 AM

Brilliant insult. Another example of your fine wit.

jschindler 12-11-2012 08:12 AM

Even though I don't own a Corvette now, I am still going to answer this question as my plan is to buy a Corvette or a "plan B" in about five years, give or take. From what I know right now, I hope that car is a Corvette. But plan B would probably be an M3. Either that I or I'll go a completely different direction - like maybe staying with a higher end sports sedan (such as my current BMW 550 type of car).

Nitrous Oxide 12-11-2012 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1582539003)
Brilliant insult. Another example of your fine wit.

It must be cozy to always be full of all your certitudes.

Brett Hunter 12-11-2012 08:52 AM

I'm hoping that I will like the C7 in person, judging from the renderings that probably won't happen. However I will wait to see it in person and will not make a decision right away.

If I decide the C7 is just too ugly, I will keep my current C6 and then begin to seriously look into other brands (actually I have already started doing this). Right now I am leaning towards a Lotus Exige S.

John T 12-11-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Brett Hunter (Post 1582539262)
I'm hoping that I will like the C7 in person, judging from the renderings that probably won't happen. However I will wait to see it in person and will not make a decision right away.

If I decide the C7 is just too ugly, I will keep my current C6 and then begin to seriously look into other brands (actually I have already started doing this). Right now I am leaning towards a Lotus Exige S.

Brett, I have always read great things about the small Lotus and I have driven many other cars over many years so I have a little experience.... I don't know if I drove a poor example or the fact that this Elise was a few years old but I hated the car. What truly surprised me were the rattles. My Yamaha Rhino was 20% more comfortable at minimum. I can't speak for how it would do on a track but it was hateful for the street.

SlickShoes 12-11-2012 10:38 AM

Pretty much sold on the C7. I'm actually putting in "overtime" this year so I can snap one up without having to make any payments on it.

If the car just doesn't do it for me for whatever reason or is plagued as badly as the '05 was, I will just default to a C6Z, and begin a dual purpose street/track weekend car out of it. Stock drivetrain, full T1 suspension setup, Hoosiers on C14's, race brakes, race seat, harness, and mild cage. And of course a swappable set of nice forged three-piece 20's for cruise night duty.

BeaZt 12-11-2012 11:12 AM

The lady and I were out shopping last night and 4 C6Z's passed us in the curves at full tilt...the sound was great :) there is no plan B for me now. I'm keeping my Z and will get a C7 I just have to wait and see which version.

billsblue73 12-11-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1582534706)
1973. There you go. All Corvettes are beautiful. Good choice

Plan A get the C7. Though I must admit to having the urge to get a 427 Convertible now and get the C7 in a few years. The 1973 stays. I would probably also look at the Jaguar Ftype.

BAblackvette 12-12-2012 08:24 AM

I will hope to buy the C7 in the 2nd production year, but if not, I am already driving my plan B! Bought a 2011 GT500. Its an awesome car, not perfect, but I love it. I wish chevy would take a hint from a few of the aspects of this car, most importantly...THE EXHAUST. These shelbys sound amazing right out of the box. Still looking forward to the C7 though! but if I dont like it, it may be tough to steer away from a 2013-14 GT500

JerriVette 12-12-2012 08:50 AM

My plan B is to buy a C7 corvette..

Plan A is to enjoy the 2008 C6 Z51 manual with NPP and a few tasteful interior mods (dsv) for as long as I can without any headaches..

Once I get a few headaches or the C7 sirens sing a song I can't resist..

I'll activate plan B and buy a beautiful and very fast C7..

I have no doubt the C7 will be a better corvette than the already fantastic car I own and paid for cash brand spankin new..

when the time comes...I'll call up order one the way I like it and buy a new one..

Plan B definitely includes changing from Black to torch RED!!!

My last C5 z06 and C5 coupe were torch red and as much as I dig my blac C6....its a bitch whose always asking for a wash. and wax...

I have over the years gotten the weekly wash and wax down to 12 minutes flat but I have to say weekly wash and waxes are higher mantaince needed on the two red c5's I had...

Its fun....its beautiful but in my opinion RED was hotter and easier ....LOL

either that or I'm getting older...it has been a 13 or 14 years of corvette ownership..

btw...I daily drive this beast and will the c7 I buy as well....

Every mile is fun and thats what lifes about...

Not saving the car for the next buyer...not abusing it....but rather just enjoying using it..

Might look at the Evos based upcoming mustang as I thought that had a lot of aston martin cues in the concept that if done correctly could steal me away from GM..(30 years of GM ownership with a few fords and chryslers along the way)