CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3179873-removed-zo6-emblem-to-z51.html)

Daekwan06 12-10-2012 10:07 AM

Amazing an emblem can cause so much controversy.

Car looks good, no matter what emblem is on it.

Landru 12-10-2012 10:10 AM

Looks pretty fine to me, John. You done good. :thumbs:

Dudeurgettnavette 12-10-2012 10:31 AM

looks better

ButWhatDoIKnow 12-10-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1582530251)
I think some of you folks are making too big of a deal about the OP installing some aftermarket badges on the fenders of his wide body conversion.

He hasn't installed Z06 emblems on his converted base model.

He hasn't installed ZR1 emblems on his converted base model.

All he has done is cover up the holes in his new fenders with what I think is a very attractive aftermarket emblem. It says Z51 and he has in fact the Z51 option on the car.

Again, I think the car looks great with the wide fenders and the aftermarket emblems he has used.

Thumbs up to the OP .....

Saying he is posing as a ZR1 is silly!

:iagree: The Make of the car is Chevrolet. The MODEL of the car is a Corvette. There's no such thing as a C6, but we post on a C6 forum. Does that make us ALL posers? :hide:

Dave1998 12-10-2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave (Post 1582526708)
It is your car whether I like it or does not matter as long as you are happy with what you have done different strokes for different folks.:cheers:

:iagree:

Keep in mind that no other forum member approached you to get your approval for the mods they did. Screw them.

Looks good :thumbs:

shaimerej 12-10-2012 11:58 AM

I think it looks nice!

laconiajack 12-10-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by DallasZ06* (Post 1582528805)
The Z51 package turns a grocery getter into a racer for the road...only something chosen by true driving enthusiasts. :crazy:

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm here? :rofl:

ostbloom 12-11-2012 02:33 PM

John - I think your car looks great. It is amazing how quickly some people are to put others down. It's your car, you paid for it - enjoy it. I have been a member of this forum for a couple years and a handful of people love to be the authority on the site.

There isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't "school" another member because they said the wrong thing or they aren't as cool as you are or they only owned one Corvette and not a garage full.

I can only image those few are the same guys that no one wants to talk to anyway so they sit here on the forum to belittle other members. You are a member, you own one share just like I do. Grow up and try to be mature. If you didn't like his badges, keep it to yourself or find a tasteful way to pass that on to him - maybe even a PM.

To those of you who are respectful and like talking to other members - thanks. I enjoy it. To the couple angry people - Merry Christmas.

johnbriganti 12-11-2012 07:44 PM

Well said

Originally Posted by ostbloom (Post 1582541858)
John - I think your car looks great. It is amazing how quickly some people are to put others down. It's your car, you paid for it - enjoy it. I have been a member of this forum for a couple years and a handful of people love to be the authority on the site.

There isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't "school" another member because they said the wrong thing or they aren't as cool as you are or they only owned one Corvette and not a garage full.

I can only image those few are the same guys that no one wants to talk to anyway so they sit here on the forum to belittle other members. You are a member, you own one share just like I do. Grow up and try to be mature. If you didn't like his badges, keep it to yourself or find a tasteful way to pass that on to him - maybe even a PM.

To those of you who are respectful and like talking to other members - thanks. I enjoy it. To the couple angry people - Merry Christmas.

Thank you and thank you all. My biggest intention was to show the forum member that sold them to me to see how it came out. Some other members just show their true colors and think they are better than others. Im enjoying it and believe me theres more mods to come.

carjo 12-11-2012 11:09 PM

John - Your car looks good. The badges look good. If your car is a Z51 and you like the badges, thats all that matters. I have badges that I designed and that Austin made up for me that look great (LS3 on both front fenders and a Z51 on the rear clip) and I get nothing but compliments on them.

09Z06pj 12-12-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by ButWhatDoIKnow (Post 1582531262)
:iagree: The Make of the car is Chevrolet. The MODEL of the car is a Corvette. There's no such thing as a C6, but we post on a C6 forum. Does that make us ALL posers? :hide:

Wait...What?! No such thing as a C6? :skep: :confused2:

COL-INF 12-12-2012 10:52 AM

Your car..........your choice. A nice look.

And yes, mine is a badgeless Z-51.

:salute:

PatriotZ 12-12-2012 10:59 AM

:thumbs:Looks fine...your ride and your statement....don't let the nayers get ya down....:flag:

JerriVette 12-12-2012 06:14 PM

Car looks awesome! Enjoy and thanks for sharing

c6reaperx 12-21-2012 03:16 PM

any idea where I can get a similar set?

bearphoto 12-21-2012 05:01 PM

Poser Poser, ZR1 poser! LOL, really why anyone would care what you do with your car is beyond me. If you are happy with the results, enjoy it!

Tally Ho 12-21-2012 05:47 PM

John - The new emblems look fine. I used one of the old ones you sold me on my air intake shroud. I'll PM you a pic when I get the car cleaned up.

JJC5 12-21-2012 06:30 PM

Looking good!

FAsnakes 12-21-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by johnbriganti (Post 1582525749)
Hello and Happy holidays. I did a widebody conversion with the help of a couple of forum members here. I want to thenk all especially RL Sebring for the widebody kit and all others too many to mention. He sold me the panels with Z06 emblems so i been posing as a z06 Corvette so i put an end to that. I found Reid another forum member selling these emblems and said they are for me. I like the way they match my calipers and go great with my Lemans Blue. Im hoping my wife gets me the Corsa extremes for Xmas and ill be complete. Hope you like.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...z51emblem2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...z51emblem1.jpg

Happy Holidays to all.

looks good.. I think they'll actually look a lot better higher on the fender.. . like the placement of the ZR1 emblem.

Never-Enough 12-21-2012 06:42 PM

looks good