CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3179873-removed-zo6-emblem-to-z51.html)

johnbriganti 12-09-2012 06:27 PM

Thanks all for the positive comments all others you know what they say about opinions.:rock:

mcandrew67 12-09-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by johnbriganti (Post 1582526700)
It took me a while to see how i fill those holes or leave them like you and i did this post to show that im happy with the cherry on top on my car that im modding to my taste not to others. Im sticking with these emblems since a vendor design them and i like them. I dont need to drive a zr1 to show power or that i paid 100,ooo grand that i have money i did this for the other z51 owners and guys to see that this is available. This is not a post to bash z51 owners but show that im happy with how my car turned out. Hate it love it dont care i love it and thats what matters. BTW Mcandrew once i get done with some projects ill pm you for a meet at Hooters in Ft lauderdale first round on me. We live in Sunny Florida and i know we can drive our cars all year long.

:cheers:Sounds good....

BlueOx 12-09-2012 06:30 PM

So now you are posing as a Z51? What model is that?:leaving:

Racer 12-09-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BWF07 (Post 1582525952)
Those are different. I have a wide body on my '07 coupe, however it is only the rear section. I also have the Z51 option and Z51 badges, but not like yours.
I am sure (and mostly likely it won't take long) there will be those that will say you are now posing as a ZR1, but don't worry about those members that are all so self righteous and have the right to tell us all what we can do and not do to are own cars.

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582525969)
Looks like you are posing as a ZR1.

Originally Posted by johnbriganti (Post 1582526024)
I know it would not be long till you comment racer and knew zr1 owners will not agree but i love my emblem and i know z51 its not a model but the emblem looks cool and if it does look like a zr1 its okay i didnt have to spend another 60 to 70 grand in a car that cost me less than 25 grand. I put my money in my sons future and love putting things on my car that i like. Im sure other Z51 owners will like this emblem so to each their own.

You do know I posted that because of the poster who called us out. :lol:

johnbriganti 12-09-2012 06:39 PM

Blueox

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582526747)
So now you are posing as a Z51? What model is that?:leaving:

living up to your name?

johnbriganti 12-09-2012 06:46 PM

racer

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582526809)
You do know I posted that because of the poster who called us out. :lol:

I know and i welcome it. Dont mind it. just commenting while my Dolphins are losing. If Zr1 are sore at the emblems then i did a good job. At the end we all own a great car. No matter what it says on the side.

BlueOx 12-09-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by johnbriganti (Post 1582526725)
Thanks all for the positive comments all others you know what they say about opinions.:rock:

IF what you need is approval, just look in the mirror. If you ask for opinions on an open forum, deal with it like an adult or don't do it.

tim414 12-09-2012 07:46 PM

Because of the blue caliper? And the '1'....

Op....looks great. I was surprised to see the caliper not red. I was expecting to see red calipers. I see your staying w/LMB theme.
:cheers:

Mrc100 12-09-2012 07:55 PM

I think it looks great. I was actually thinking of going with blue calipers myself but since my car is black i think red will actually look a bit better.. But i like how you have stayed with a lmb theme. I do think the fenders on a C6 look better with an emblem. Not a lot of good choices though. I personally think z51 looks and sounds the best given the choices.

69L79 12-09-2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by johnbriganti (Post 1582526024)
I know it would not be long till you comment racer and knew zr1 owners will not agree but i love my emblem and i know z51 its not a model but the emblem looks cool and if it does look like a zr1 its okay i didnt have to spend another 60 to 70 grand in a car that cost me less than 25 grand. I put my money in my sons future and love putting things on my car that i like. Im sure other Z51 owners will like this emblem so to each their own.

:iagree: Your emblem looks good on your Car. :cool: Back in the day I had a Z51 emblem on my '84 Z51........ :leaving:

Racer 12-09-2012 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by tim414 (Post 1582527320)
Because of the blue caliper? And the '1'....

Op....looks great. I was surprised to see the caliper not red. I was expecting to see red calipers. I see your staying w/LMB theme.
:cheers:

Might need to reread my answer and follow up. :lol:

laconiajack 12-09-2012 08:15 PM

Hey they go with your paint and calipers so why not? Who in the heck outside of the Corvette community even knows what Z51 stands for? It's not like it was ever that expensive of an option for those involved in auto-crossing. As far as your car looking similar to a Z06 or ZR1, wide body aftermarket conversions like yours are now the smallest segment of wide bodied look-alike market, and their are now far more factory issued 2010 and up look-alike wide-bodied Vettes on the road than the real Z06s and ZR1s they mimic. It is as if Rolex came out with their own line of "fake" Rolex watches with Timex movements because the buying public "demanded" it. Whenever I see a wide-bodied Vette, I assume it's not a Z06 or ZR1, and whenever I see what appears to be a Rolex on someone's wrist, I assume it is a fake. Statistically I'm correct far more than not.

Kvothe 12-09-2012 08:39 PM

:rofl: :lolg: We need a pot stirrer emoticon.

Originally Posted by KX (Post 1582526100)
Cripes, not another ZR1 poser. I just do not understand the mentality here. Why the faux models? Is it an ego thing or a want-to-be thing. Man, when I had my real ZR-1's I ran into 3 or 4 such posers. All it took to shut them down was a run down the track or a go on the freeway at speed. Nuff said. But why? Who are you trying to impress, or is it not an ego thing at all. I understand liking the wide body look, but then to add the badges and to pretend is just too much...

The only people these badges bother are people like you. Most people who know Corvettes know the difference in models and will know he doesn't have a ZR1 even if the badge said ZR1. Those who don't it doesn't matter anyway. Too them a vette is a vette.

OP vette looks good :thumbs: I really like the calipers.

Maybe a vendor can make some Zaino badges that way we can really get the natives restless :lol: :pistols:

tim414 12-09-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582527515)
Might need to reread my answer and follow up. :lol:

:iagree::cheers::lol:

KX 12-09-2012 09:25 PM

No, by doing the faux treatment you further add to the general opinions that Corvette owners are what people say they are...and if you have not heard those, then you have your head in the sand.....especially with badges that are virtually meaningless and signify nothing! Wow, very impressive at the 7/11..!!

fasthwks 12-09-2012 09:53 PM

I think they look great!

DallasZ06* 12-09-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by KX (Post 1582528182)
No, by doing the faux treatment you further add to the general opinions that Corvette owners are what people say they are...and if you have not heard those, then you have your head in the sand.....especially with badges that are virtually meaningless and signify nothing! Wow, very impressive at the 7/11..!!

The Z51 package turns a grocery getter into a racer for the road...only something chosen by true driving enthusiasts. :crazy:

KBow_Photo 12-09-2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by KX (Post 1582528182)

While I agree completely, its not like Corvette owners are the only ones. I will say i dont see many (cant even recall one) Porsche with fake badges like the Z51

Knob Jockey 12-09-2012 11:30 PM

John, even though the pics aren't the best, it looks like you and your Forum Pals did a good job of fitting the panel(s) and matching the paint.

The thing I like most about the OEM Z06 badge on the Z06 fender is that it adds a little visual touch (and of course, identity) to the side of the car.

It's a pleasing styling element, whatever it says. I had "LS2" badges made by Austin Barnett that were similar in design to the Z06 emblem. Put them on my 'base' fenders but not the ZR1 panels I installed this year.

I thought they looked good, and for what it's worth, I like yours too.

Well done.

383 Z06 12-09-2012 11:36 PM

great looking wide body :thumbs: