CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Bluetooth iPhone 4s 2012 Grand Sport (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3176572-bluetooth-iphone-4s-2012-grand-sport.html)

sellshort 12-03-2012 12:37 PM

Bluetooth iPhone 4s 2012 Grand Sport

I am having issues answering calls from the hangs free button on the sterring wheel. I would appreciate any input or fixes. Is it a car problem or a bluetooth problem, or both? Thank you in advance. Bill in San Diego.

Gearhead Jim 12-03-2012 12:49 PM

When there is an incoming call, do you hear the "ring" through the car speakers or through the phone speaker?

If you hear it through the car speakers, then there is some sort of recognition going on. If not, then...

My wife and I always have identical cellphones. When we got our 2009, they were cheapie Samsung dumb phones. Early this year, we got a pair of Iphone 4S.

In each case, we had no trouble pairing the phones with the car. But in each case, after a couple of weeks the car would lose the pairing for one or both phones. This happened at least twice with the old phones and same with the Iphones. Once I figured out what had happened, I deleted/paired both phones and everything was fine for a couple of weeks/months, then it happened again. But after the first 2-3 months, the next pairing not only worked ok but continued to work without problem.

We had the dumbphones paired for a couple of years at the end with no problems, and our Iphones have been fine for the last 6 months/6k miles.

:confused:

sellshort 12-03-2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim (Post 1582475929)
When there is an incoming call, do you hear the "ring" through the car speakers or through the phone speaker?

If you hear it through the car speakers, then there is some sort of recognition going on. If not, then...

My wife and I always have identical cellphones. When we got our 2009, they were cheapie Samsung dumb phones. Early this year, we got a pair of Iphone 4S.

In each case, we had no trouble pairing the phones with the car. But in each case, after a couple of weeks the car would lose the pairing for one or both phones. This happened at least twice with the old phones and same with the Iphones. Once I figured out what had happened, I deleted/paired both phones and everything was fine for a couple of weeks/months, then it happened again. But after the first 2-3 months, the next pairing not only worked ok but continued to work without problem.

We had the dumbphones paired for a couple of years at the end with no problems, and our Iphones have been fine for the last 6 months/6k miles.

:confused:

Usually the radio/XM/or iphone is on. The incoming call comes in and the music/talk goes quiet, Then I push the button on the stirring wheel and the call does not connect. Then I kill the call and the music comes back on but I've dissconnected the call. It seems I can only answer from the phone itself, hitting the "from Vehicle" button on the phone does put it through the car speakers but I don't want to fool with the phone while I'm driving.

Bellebuddy1 12-03-2012 01:15 PM

I have had the same issue with all 3 of my GM Bluetooth vehicles and the iphone 4. What I think I have done to fix it is to hold the answer button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds and it seems to connect fine. I was just giving the button a firm quick push but that was not getting it connected. Just hold down a little bit longer and see if this helps. JB

Cyber Greg 12-03-2012 01:16 PM

Hold down the button on the steering wheel forA couple seconds to connect the phone

sellshort 12-03-2012 01:19 PM

Great answer!! Thank you very much. I will try that and report back.

cpmatthew 12-03-2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gregory123 (Post 1582476135)
Hold down the button on the steering wheel forA couple seconds to connect the phone

Yep. If I just press the button, the nice lady in the car tells me I have an incoming call and how to answer it. Press and hold the answer button for a few seconds.

jrjjrj 12-03-2012 02:59 PM

Unable to Pair

Anyone else have trouble pairing their iPhone with their bluetooth? I have a 2011 and after trying for several minutes the system comes back and indicates that no phone is found. I have paired this phone with other vehicles without problem. By the way it is a Sprint device running iOS 6.0.1.

johnodrake 12-03-2012 03:05 PM

My iPhone 5 works correctly with the 2013 427.

Delbert 12-03-2012 03:18 PM

I had this issue on my 2010 Corvette using my
iPhone 4 when I first got it. As mentioned
Earlier, if you hold down the call answer
Button just a couple of seconds, the call will go
Through properly. One additional tip. Allow the
Phone to ring a couple of times through
Your car speakers and observe the incoming
Caller ID in your dashboard display prior to
Answering the call.

C8gman 12-03-2012 03:23 PM

iPhone 5 latest iOS - running fine in 2012 Coupe

CaryBob 12-03-2012 04:04 PM

I have two iPhone 5s and one iPhone 4 paired to my 2012. You can pair as many as five phones. If there is more than one paired phone in the area, it connects to whichever one you paired earliest.

You have to hold the button down for 2 seconds to answer the incoming call. The owners manual says you hold the button for two seconds to engage voice commands, but you have to do the same to answer incoming calls as well. At least that is true on mine.

BlueAngelSAE 12-03-2012 06:49 PM

It's all about holding the button....the first quick push mutes the radio, so if you push for a few seconds it connects....had same issue then read the manual.

johnodrake 12-03-2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlueAngelSAE (Post 1582478699)
It's all about holding the button....the first quick push mutes the radio, so if you push for a few seconds it connects....had same issue then read the manual.

RTFM is a cure for many, many issues :D