CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Wife says I'm crazy so figured I would ask you guys (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/3170338-wife-says-im-crazy-so-figured-i-would-ask-you-guys.html)

SlingindirtM95 11-21-2012 01:44 AM

Wife says I'm crazy so figured I would ask you guys

Well I was detailing my Z today and after I zainoed the outside I opened the hatch,doors, and hood and did the door jams and the inside of the doors and my underhood. She said I was crazy to wax all that. How many of you guys clean your cars like this????? Just a friendly wager I have with the wifey so wanted some other owners inputs.:D

ZO6FL 11-21-2012 01:49 AM

I'm with ya on this one!

If it's painted, it's got to be protected with Zaino!

Sorry wife!

spiller9 11-21-2012 02:53 AM

^ since the door jams are rarely exposed to UV light or outside conditions, i think its a waste of time but whatever helps you sleep at night :D. I just always make sure to chamois the jams after I wash my cars and that seems to keep them looking good.

gpopvet 11-21-2012 04:37 AM

I totally agree is there any other way? Keep up the good work.

Aussie Vet 11-21-2012 06:44 AM

Same here......

I said to my wife when she laughed at me polishing those areas,
"if only i could Zaino you, it might keep you looking brand new also". :rofl:

She reckons the Z is worse than another woman..... at least she can compete against other women, can't compete against the Z.

LT5 John 11-21-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by zo6fl (Post 1582383497)
i'm with ya on this one!

If it's painted, it's got to be protected with zaino!

Sorry wife!

dito...

capevettes 11-21-2012 07:26 AM

I just did the door jams yesterday with a spritz of Z6. I keep all the plastics underhood detailed with 303 Aerospace protectant. The painted areas underhood get a ZCS/Clear Sealant treatment.

You are not alone :rofl:

teenVette 11-21-2012 07:29 AM

I haven't been that detailed, but you've given me some ideas of places to look at when I clean the car now. Thanks :cheers:

DON T. 11-21-2012 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by capevettes (Post 1582383915)
I just did the door jams yesterday with a spritz of Z6. I keep all the plastics underhood detailed with 303 Aerospace protectant. The painted areas underhood get a ZCS/Clear Sealant treatment.

You are not alone :rofl:

You never learn unless you ask, i would like to know how to get my Z even cleaner that i allready have her. I have never heard of the cleaners you mention here. Help a brother out!! where does a guy find these products and any tips to beautify my Z would be very much appreciated. My girl friend will just love the fact iv found more ways to keep my Zclean:D

Random84 11-21-2012 08:25 AM

If that helps you enjoy your hobby, then more power to you.

Personally, I never had that kind of free time. :D

2000FRCZ19 11-21-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by SlingindirtM95 (Post 1582383491)
Well I was detailing my Z today and after I zainoed the outside I opened the hatch,doors, and hood and did the door jams and the inside of the doors and my underhood. She said I was crazy to wax all that. How many of you guys clean your cars like this????? Just a friendly wager I have with the wifey so wanted some other owners inputs.:D

I do it. it keeps down water spots, protects and helps hide scuffs from getting in and out of the car. its not crazy. it makes a difference . it just takes more effort than some people are willing to put out.

SpeedyGjr 11-21-2012 09:02 AM

About a week ago I pulled the wheels on my 2012 Wrangler to clean them,while I was in there I put a coat of wax on the chassis. So I dont think your crazy!!:thumbs:

JwT 11-21-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by LT5 John (Post 1582383877)
dito...

So what exactly is Zaino?:cool:

RFZ 11-21-2012 09:15 AM

lot of waxers in his thread...

capevettes 11-21-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by DON T. (Post 1582384075)
You never learn unless you ask, i would like to know how to get my Z even cleaner that i allready have her. I have never heard of the cleaners you mention here. Help a brother out!! where does a guy find these products and any tips to beautify my Z would be very much appreciated. My girl friend will just love the fact iv found more ways to keep my Zclean:D

Go to the zainostore on line or just google Zaino Brothers and you will see their line of products. I have tried everything and really like their products. The Z6 is basically a quick spray detailer I use between full details. The Clear Sealant is applied and requires no buffing. Just apply it and let it cure. I follow it up with their Z8 Grand Finale which is like a spray detailer that adds to the shine and durability. Aerospace 303 protectant is great for underhood plastics, wheel wells, tires and interior dash and door panels. Gives a nice matte finish that isn't greasy. Available at most boat stores. Autogeek, a forum sponsor, also sells it.

For the record: Waxing and driving is not mutually exclusive. I love to drive but I like them to look nice too :thumbs:

mcar00 11-21-2012 11:13 AM

If I had a question to ask the two of you I think I would direct it to your wife! Sorry. :cheers:

JJC5 11-21-2012 11:24 AM

It's called "perfectionism". Can be good, can be bad. Hell, I dust off the wheels and use my car duster
after each drive...geeezzz.:willy: But then again, mine's black so there's no other option. :cheers:

DON T. 11-21-2012 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by capevettes (Post 1582384845)
Go to the zainostore on line or just google Zaino Brothers and you will see their line of products. I have tried everything and really like their products. The Z6 is basically a quick spray detailer I use between full details. The Clear Sealant is applied and requires no buffing. Just apply it and let it cure. I follow it up with their Z8 Grand Finale which is like a spray detailer that adds to the shine and durability. Aerospace 303 protectant is great for underhood plastics, wheel wells, tires and interior dash and door panels. Gives a nice matte finish that isn't greasy. Available at most boat stores. Autogeek, a forum sponsor, also sells it.

For the record: Waxing and driving is not mutually exclusive. I love to drive but I like them to look nice too :thumbs:

Thank you very much for that information, i guess im still a little old school, detailing is so much more today than.. well, lets just say..back in the day:D thanks again

briancb1 11-21-2012 11:57 AM

Dude, don't take anything auto related seriously from a woman dude.

Love them but let's be real, they treat a car like a computer; just turn them on, use them and shut them off and act surprised as **** if anything bad happens between those 3 actions they do.

MudZ06 11-21-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1582385644)
It's called "perfectionism". Can be good, can be bad. Hell, I dust off the wheels and use my car duster
after each drive...geeezzz.:willy: But then again, mine's black so there's no other option. :cheers:

Use compressed air to avoid micro-marring. You are probably doing damage. :ack: