CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Headers worth it? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/3155152-headers-worth-it.html)

Crepitus 10-30-2012 03:29 PM

Quick point that is often overlooked, Headers will allow mods such as increased valve timing and better breathing to work properly. One of the first mods in a well thought out performance strategy.
FWIF I will spend a lot more on US and local products. Those that dont deserve to see their wealth move offshore.

GREGGPENN 10-30-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by THE 383 admiral (Post 1582201463)
The made in America is so OLD these days. example quality wise. "German" made parts are UN-touchable.

There is a (longtime) sediment that buying in your own backyard has merit. To that, I won't disagree. I've even "fought the battle" of chinese-made champion radiators vs. a US-made product. I understand the issue.

OTOH....

I don’t care about the germans or idolize their stuff either. The ZF6 is in my Corvette and could be better. Supporting parts could still be in supply, and the need for a big-azz DMF could have been eliminated. Bill @ ZF6 redoes these to a higher standard – both in terms of tolerance and power-handling. (Not that they’re not sturdier than the stock auto) but it’s just weird to come in here blowing the german’s horn.

Supporting vendors have a right to suggest/offer their products – as we have a right to suggest something that may be a better price (or bang-for-the-buck) option. Taking issue with the quality is something I’m surprised more people haven’t raised issue with your post. (The comment about German's seems to indicate the SW stuff couldshould be better made...maybe I misunderstand?)

FWIW: I don’t see anyone here implying the quality of SW headers could/should be better.

THE 383 admiral 10-30-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN (Post 1582207724)
There is a (longtime) sediment that buying in your own backyard has merit. To that, I won't disagree. I've even "fought the battle" of chinese-made champion radiators vs. a US-made product. I understand the issue.

OTOH....

I don’t care about the germans or idolize their stuff either. The ZF6 is in my Corvette and could be better. Supporting parts could still be in supply, and the need for a big-azz DMF could have been eliminated. Bill @ ZF6 redoes these to a higher standard – both in terms of tolerance and power-handling. (Not that they’re not sturdier than the stock auto) but it’so just weird to come in here blowing the german’s horn.p

Supporting vendors have a right to suggest/offer their products – as we have a right to suggest something that may be a better price (or bang-for-the-buck) option. Taking issue with the quality is something I’m surprised more people haven’t raised issue with your post. (The comment about German's seems to indicate the SW stuff couldshould be better made...maybe I misunderstand?)

FWIW: I don’t see anyone here implying the quality of SW headers.

No my German made reference had nothing to do with Works or any other supporting venders.
I have noticed way to many posts. in general Claiming all foreign parts are such trash. And ridicule people for using such non critical Parts.
Works has great looking headers. As stated earlier.

1984crossfirefuelie 10-31-2012 08:18 PM

If I had the extra cash(stupid wife) I would get them. .5 off your 1/4 mile is awesome.