CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   2 spotted in New Mexico (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3130103-2-spotted-in-new-mexico.html)

c4gone 09-15-2012 05:20 PM

Lol

Racer X 09-15-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 235265283... (Post 1581836715)
Yes, on closer inspection, I think you are right. What could the "wart" be? Unlikely location for data acquisition equipment? A small camo fabric bundle?

But even accounting for this apparent "wart", the C7 front overhang looks pretty substantial to me.

The overhang can be part of the Camo. Is no big deal to put some foam across the front and create a different leading edge shape and make the overhang look longer.

And yes there could be more than one variant testing. I know there have been no Z06 or ZR1 variants for a while, but that doesn't mean there won't be high performance variants in the first year.

houstonmannn 09-15-2012 07:00 PM

Lets all be honest, if a brand new 2014 Viper SRT and 2014 corvette C7 were the same price, or we could choose either one for free, we would ALL choose the viper. And i LOVE vettes.

JerriVette 09-15-2012 07:01 PM

Please tell your dad thank you for taking the photos!

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:05 PM

It depends..we all know what the viper looks like.but not yet a full reveal on the vette

houstonmannn 09-15-2012 07:06 PM

C4 gone, how can you not want a 650 horsepower V10'that looks bad&ss?

Paulchristian 09-15-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by houstonmannn (Post 1581837836)
Lets all be honest, if a brand new 2014 Viper SRT and 2014 corvette C7 were the same price, or we could choose either one for free, we would ALL choose the viper. And i LOVE vettes.

depends...are you talking Viper vs Base C7? If so, yeah, I'd take the Viper....in fact, I'd probably take a 2010 Viper over the base C7 too.

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:12 PM

Where i work there is a black acrx voodoo edition viper.so damn nice.

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:13 PM

Apples for apples yes a viper.damn straight

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:14 PM

Hell id take a first gen acr or srt viper over a c6

houstonmannn 09-15-2012 07:15 PM

As much as it pains me to admit, those Vipers are serious machines. I mean they are friggin, MONSTERS

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:16 PM

Cause the acr is almost same price range as a z

houstonmannn 09-15-2012 07:16 PM

C4gone, i couldnt agree more. Thought id never admit this as much as I love my C6, but i rode, as a passenger, in a stock Viper last week and I was like HOLY SH@T!!

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:17 PM

They to me take out the luxuries and just offer brute power.me.personally..**** onstar and.nav.

c4gone 09-15-2012 07:18 PM

The shop i detail out of is one of the shops owned by the guy that's the biggest viper dealer in America.he races them and owns plenty.in that shop is the voodoo edition.a first gen acr with a wicked cam and work and a zr1 and a ford gt.but viper is all he loves

10KillerVette 09-15-2012 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JerriVette (Post 1581837848)
Please tell your dad thank you for taking the photos!

I told them thanks for "spying" for us. If I haven't been away from work for the last week I'd run over there. Every so often I check out the live web cam from there to try and catch a peek, but no luck. It's pretty crappy anyways. Whats's killing me is there's a hiking trail on the side of the mountain that my wife's SLR camera would get some great shots! He offered the security guard his Escalade and got a chuckle from him. He also said they brought their own fueling truck, and every time he sees the cars going up or down the pass they are babying them. He went to Taos to try and find a charger for his camera but could not find one so he's left with the iPhone. The other pictures he sent me were not that good. I told him to get us some video next time if he could.

Glad everybody got a kick out of these, I'm not desperate for a dollar, just want my fellow Vette nuts to have the same enjoyment that I got out of them. With me spilling the beans on the exact location unlike another current member, maybe more pictures and post will follow.

John T 09-15-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 10KillerVette (Post 1581838105)
I told them thanks for "spying" for us. If I haven't been away from work for the last week I'd run over there. Every so often I check out the live web cam from there to try and catch a peek, but no luck. It's pretty crappy anyways. Whats's killing me is there's a hiking trail on the side of the mountain that my wife's SLR camera would get some great shots! He offered the security guard his Escalade and got a chuckle from him. He also said they brought their own fueling truck, and every time he sees the cars going up or down the pass they are babying them. He went to Taos to try and find a charger for his camera but could not find one so he's left with the iPhone. The other pictures he sent me were not that good. I told him to get us some video next time if he could.

Glad everybody got a kick out of these, I'm not desperate for a dollar, just want my fellow Vette nuts to have the same enjoyment that I got out of them. With me spilling the beans on the exact location unlike another current member, maybe more pictures and post will follow.

This stuff is a whole bunch of fun. Thanks Killer.

10KillerVette 09-16-2012 06:05 PM

According to our sources they are going to test until around Thursday. There are 6 of them in town. He just sent me an iPhone video of one coming down the road! What stinks is he started waving at the driver and didn't get centered on the car. You hear more road noice than exhaust. He also said all the drivers have been extremely nice. The are easy to spot in town wearing their lanyards. Does anybody want the video? It's not the best, but better than none!

BlueOx 09-16-2012 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 10KillerVette (Post 1581844502)
According to our sources they are going to test until around Thursday. There are 6 of them in town. He just sent me an iPhone video of one coming down the road! What stinks is he started waving at the driver and didn't get centered on the car. You hear more road noice than exhaust. He also said all the drivers have been extremely nice. The are easy to spot in town wearing their lanyards. Does anybody want the video? It's not the best, but better than none!

Heck yeah...video would be great.

c4gone 09-16-2012 06:18 PM

Please email it to pinnacledetailing.cg@gmail please!!!!!!!!!!!!