CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Our new C7 visualization video on youtube (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3112927-our-new-c7-visualization-video-on-youtube.html)

Jim_Lammers 08-17-2012 12:45 PM

Our new C7 visualization video on youtube

I wanted to put up a formal note to the members here, as I am a long time member of the Corvette Forum.

We spent a few months making a sort of TV commercial for our best estimate of the new C7 design (using the spy photos, Omega nose/tail, and especially the Jalopnik illustrations). I thought you would be really interested to see it. We posted it in full HD so you can switch the quality to 1080p and go full screen if you really want a good look at it. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfFyZ3aaiQg
Today it is the headline item on Jalopnik.com!

Also I did a little "behind the scenes" web site about it at
http://www.myc7.us

If you have any questions feel free to post.

thanks

Jim

BuckyThreadkiller 08-17-2012 04:13 PM

Congrats on that - GREAT animation work.

I'm not a fan of the style of the car, but that's from other sources. From what I can tell you guys did a terrific job.

Key question - Did you happen to have photo reference for the modeling?

JPJR 08-17-2012 04:24 PM

:thumbs:

Thanks guys for the hard work on it.

Turned me from :ack: to :thumbs: on the C7.

ghostmech 08-17-2012 05:15 PM

Jim...you and the boyz from Trinity did a great job! I suspect you, combined with the Jalopnik/Omega stuff have gotten us all close to what we will actually see come next year. Maybe GM should consider you guys for some web ads in the future.

:thumbs:

Bandit's C4 08-17-2012 05:40 PM

Excellent graphic work!

Maybe GM will contract you guyz someday!

wlutgen 08-17-2012 05:44 PM

Nice work, that design is growing on me. Would you happen to have any more still renders like the one on the top of your web site? I'd be interested in seeing some different angles and colors. Thanks!

tractman 08-17-2012 05:55 PM

Incredible animation work guys....I can't imagine the hours that you put into your project.....thank you so much for bringing it to the Corvette community.....AWESOME!

Slynky 08-17-2012 06:10 PM

Most excellent "commercial" ! :thumbs: You already sold me one ! ;)

Rapid Fred 08-17-2012 08:03 PM

I like your hack at the base vs. ZR-1 trim. Some proportions still do not look quite right to me but it is beginning to look like something fresh and still all Vette...

1KULC7 08-17-2012 08:10 PM

EXCELLENT :thumbs: I will bet you hit the nail on the head, regardless if you like or dislke it (I heard the same thing about the C5 and C6s) I truely think you captured what we will see soon.

Now do the Convertible in BLUE :cheers:

magneticred 08-17-2012 09:35 PM

Fantastic work! I'm really impressed.

72SLEEPER 08-17-2012 09:44 PM

Can u say ferrari? I don't care if it has camaro tail lights that thing is sick!!! Can't wait to see the real thing maybe in 30 yrs ill be able to buy one

FrankLP 08-17-2012 09:48 PM

Very well done! Excellent work/production. :thumbs:

CarBoy 08-18-2012 12:02 AM

Excellent work on making the video....just wish it was a better looking car that you had to work with. :ack:

Nitrous Oxide 08-18-2012 02:48 AM

Great work!

I hope the C7 will look like that. :thumbs: I totally dislike the Car and Driver Rump Roast drawing.

One thing that no one here has noticed: it HAS ROUND TAILLIGHTS, in a parallelogram casing. Is it based on Jalopnik input, or is it your own interpretation?

Nitrous Oxide 08-18-2012 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by 72SLEEPER (Post 1581599073)
Can u say ferrari? I don't care if it has camaro tail lights that thing is sick!!! Can't wait to see the real thing maybe in 30 yrs ill be able to buy one

:iagree: It will be a long wait for the Zs. :smiliedrool:

WestPalmCorvette 08-18-2012 03:37 AM

Very cool and interesting
Thank you for posting
It looks very refined and mature in my opinion, I like it

Jim_Lammers 08-18-2012 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 1581596377)
Key question - Did you happen to have photo reference for the modeling?

Thanks Bucky. Chad (the modeller) and also myself really went over those Motor Trend spy shots with a magnifying glass to see what we could find. But that's about all we had that we were sure was real. Later we took the Omega bumper pics from Jalopnik and used it to refine the front bumper but it cost quite a few hours to redo all of that. Of course the Jalopnik illustrations were the beginning of it, and the spy shots really confirm that they were very close. We didn't want to do the ZR1 version so we took out the three intakes :)

Jim_Lammers 08-18-2012 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by wlutgen (Post 1581597112)
Nice work, that design is growing on me. Would you happen to have any more still renders like the one on the top of your web site? I'd be interested in seeing some different angles and colors. Thanks!

We did the color shifts in the tunnel specifically because I was thinking of this forum and how in the past when people did concept art it was always fun to see it in a variety of colors. I thought later I might post renders with it parked beside C5 and C6, and also in a broad variety of colors or with stripes. Let me know what would be interesting for you on this!

Jim_Lammers 08-18-2012 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bandit's C4 (Post 1581597083)
Excellent graphic work!
Maybe GM will contract you guyz someday!

Thanks, I really appreciate it! It would be awesome to work for those guys some day. I think the people at Corvette, and at the factory and the museum are all excellent top professionals. It's amazing how well they succeed in a very competitive world market with an American sports car. Here's to you, Corvette :cheers: :)