CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The new Corvette Ferrari (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3092105-the-new-corvette-ferrari.html)

vant 07-25-2012 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1581398563)
When I go on fun Corvette trips (daytrips and longer) I often like to take a friend AND my 60 lb chow-chow. That is only possible in the hatchback.

Is that safe?

But I do get your point. You win I guess. My 83 lb boxer-lab mix could never sit in the trunk of my C5Z. She has to settle for the back seat of the Yukon.

I agree with CaryKen - "Different people, different needs."

Notch 07-25-2012 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1581398563)
When I go on fun Corvette trips (daytrips and longer) I often like to take a friend AND my 60 lb chow-chow. That is only possible in the hatchback.

Is the Vette your only car?

rcallen484 07-25-2012 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Notch (Post 1581398907)
Is the Vette your only car?

Car yes, vehicle no. The dog actually prefers to ride in this (bench seat):

https://sites.google.com/site/rcalle...s/HPIM1044.JPG

rcallen484 07-25-2012 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by vant (Post 1581398899)
Is that safe?

But I do get your point. You win I guess. My 83 lb boxer-lab mix could never sit in the trunk of my C5Z. She has to settle for the back seat of the Yukon.

I agree with CaryKen - "Different people, different needs."

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in life is a calculated risk. I do some things other people wouldn't do and other people do things I wouldn't do. Nice living in a free country.

Notch 07-25-2012 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1581398927)
Car yes, vehicle no. The dog actually prefers to ride in this (bench seat)

Obviously people will differ on this, but I personally don't want TOO much utility in a sports car. "Taking my dog with me" (or "how much stuff can I cram in the back") doesn't cross my mind when considering the purchase of a sports car.

rcallen484 07-25-2012 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Notch (Post 1581398989)
Obviously people will differ on this, but I personally don't want TOO much utility in a sports car. "Taking my dog with me" (or "how much stuff can I cram in the back") doesn't cross my mind when considering the purchase of a sports car.

Never crossed my mind either before I had my dog. It now crosses my mind. In the summer my Chow-Chow LOVES to get out of Phoenix into the pines or over to the beach in CA. Both are GREAT Vette trips

PS CA trips also require luggage and a full size cooler is nice to take along also.

Notch 07-25-2012 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1581399012)
Never crossed my mind either before I had my dog.... CA trips also require luggage and a full size cooler is nice to take along also.

Those are reasons why I have other vehicles that offer higher utility.

P.S. I don't think I've ever carried a full size cooler on any road trip, in any vehicle.

rcallen484 07-25-2012 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Notch (Post 1581399086)
Those are reasons why I have other vehicles that offer higher utility.

P.S. I don't think I've ever carried a full size cooler on any road trip, in any vehicle.

You do appreciate the concept of free choice...right? And that what is right for you isn't right for everyone, right?

Notch 07-25-2012 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1581399226)
You do appreciate the concept of free choice...right? And that what is right for you isn't right for everyone, right?

You did read post #265, right?

rcallen484 07-25-2012 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Notch (Post 1581399282)
You did read post #265, right?

The record will show that I attempted to be reasonable with you. Now just go away.

And Notch- you are now on my brand new, one person, ignore list. So go ahead and have the last word because I don't have to put up with you anymore.

Notch 07-25-2012 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1581399294)
The record will show that I attempted to be reasonable with you.

I take that as a "no" by you in answer to my most recent question here (asking if you had read post #265).

LS1LT1 07-25-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wire5150 (Post 1581393449)
The dealership owner was at hand here in Texas and made tha following statement>

2013 GM is bringing back the Z06 as previously offered back in C5 versions eliminating the hatch back style like the Grand Sport, the new Z06 will look just like the convertable however, as a hardtop other body lines will be very similiar except for a few slight changes to the front-end.

The Z06 may even be available in a removable hard top version.

Coupe (Z06)
Hatch Back
Conv.

Are the models that will be available.

More importantly, do you believe him?
I mean, when he spoke did he truly/honestly sound like he knew exactly what he was talking about or did he sound just like those types (we've all seen them, at car shows, at the auto parts store etc.) that say things like: "oh she's fast, she runs 10s in the 1/4 and tops out over 200mph" and the car he's referring to is a Mustang V6 with a cold air intake on it? LOL

Being a dealership general manager, actual dealership owner or even being a high ranking corporate GM/Chevrolet employee still does not give one automatic credibility on this particular topic, unfortunately.

jonny5cam 07-25-2012 07:59 AM

Huh, has anyone come to the realization that the ferrari looks like a vette!?

jackhall99 07-25-2012 01:15 PM

.... "how much stuff can I cram in the back" doesn't cross my mind when considering the purchase of a sports car.

I agree with you here. :yesnod:

A sports car's luggage capacity is not even a consideration when I buy a sports car. If it was, I would never have gotten into this type of car in the early 60s.

The large amount of "stuff" a Corvette coupe can hold may be a bonus on occasion though. :cheers:

prinzSD455 07-25-2012 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1581402362)
I agree with you here. :yesnod:

A sports car's luggage capacity is not even a consideration when I buy a sports car. If it was, I would never have gotten into this type of car in the early 60s.

The large amount of "stuff" a Corvette coupe can hold may be a bonus on occasion though. :cheers:

I agree. I don't take her on very long trips (the longest trip was about 115 miles to Laguna Seca) but it is nice to be able to take some stuff if there are plans for longer distances. As a sports car, practicallity was not the number one reason on my list for owning a Vette. Since I don't golf, having the ability to carry a golf bag is also of no concern to me. Unlike the C6, I don't even know if golf clubs would fit in my "red headed stepchild".:rofl:

With the different roof and rear hatch design, will the C7 have reduced luggage capacity? We will see!

LancePearson 07-29-2012 08:33 PM

c7

If they don't do something fairly revolutionary on either price or engineering or design then it's just another line extension and if they keep doing that then the chances of selling enough to keep the factory open is small. they couldn't charge enough to do that per car.

I keep hoping for some engineering breakthrough but no one has any hint that is going to happen.

Lance P.

SouthernSon 07-29-2012 09:58 PM

You have never done autocross or roadracing? It is amazing how many essentials one can carry in a vette to the track, including a set of track tires. :eek:

Notch 07-29-2012 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernSon (Post 1581437603)
You have never done autocross or roadracing?

I don't track at all anymore. When I did in the past, I would many times take two cars; one for the track and one for support.

jackhall99 07-29-2012 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Notch (Post 1581438116)
I don't track at all anymore. When I did in the past, I would many times take two cars; one for the track and one for support.

Depends on the car, and era. I agree years ago you needed to trailer a car in or have the wife follow you with the station wagon. :D

Today's C6 coupe, however, is a different story. It can at least autoX as a self-contained unit. :yesnod: Really nice! :cheers:

CMCvette 07-29-2012 11:26 PM

Looking like a Ferrari can never be a bad thing!