CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2013 NCM Delivery Pictures & Plant Tour Experience (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3086358-2013-ncm-delivery-pictures-and-plant-tour-experience.html)

Silverbullet00 07-02-2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by USAF_C6 (Post 1581219194)
I HEARD THAT! :willy:

:hide:

Jason!!!! I said pssssst!:D

ScottJ03 07-02-2012 11:52 PM

Nice ride and write up, very nice.
The crash test is a C5??? 9 years of C6-
97 for c5 16-17 years old!
Maybe they will update with c7?

Racer 07-02-2012 11:56 PM

Great pics and write up. :thumbs:
Every Corvette owner should tour the plant and the museum at least once in their lifetime.
We thoroughly enjoyed out time in BG! :cheers:

C7 BOB 07-03-2012 12:07 AM

Congratulations! You obviously had a fantastic time. Sounds like everything worked out perfectly. Great write-up. I was there 2 months ago, and also tried to find out what was behind the wall - no luck. Glad you had a safe trip home. :thumbs:

RPA_KNUT 07-03-2012 12:17 AM

Hey Steven,

Great writeup bud:thumbs: Which route did you end up taking??? Glad you made it home w/no chips.:willy:

Now that my car has arrived (same day as you pick up), and has had a bath, It is sitting in its own 'delivery chamber' at the dealer until tomorrow when it goes to the aftermarket shop for its ZR1 carbon fiber roof & halo, along with the Halltech carbon fiber hood.

Ill be doing a similar FULLL writeup on the experiences once its all finished in a couple of weeks. For now......here is a teaser........

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_4592.jpg

GOLD72 07-03-2012 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Steven79 (Post 1581218706)
........I want to thank Lori and Mr. Ron Barton from the Corvette Museum for making the experience something I will remember for a lifetime. Mr. Ron Barton is the absolute best, and I feel so lucky that he was our tour guide and delivery team member. Mr. Barton has worked at both the St. Louis plant and the Bowling Green plant and was involved with the build of the C3, C4, and C5 generations. At 70 years young, he is just a walking encyclopedia of Corvette knowledge! I cannot thank him enough. :flag:...............

:iagree: Ron is the best. He did our first two NCM deliveries several years ago. Congrats on the new ride and glad you as well as thousands before you found the delivery experience so memorable!! Three NCM deliveries for me so far and will do a fourth with the next vette purchase. :thumbs:

Aggie76 07-03-2012 07:21 AM

I have to agree that Ron does an excellent job with the tour. He did ours on June 14th and Steven's recollection is on target with the bits of trivia. All fascinating and adding to the experience.

He got my wife engaged on the history and facts surrounding the Corvette and the plant itself, something I was thrilled with seeing how she listened and learned. Really helped make the linkage to this phenominal car even more valuable.

Steven - your car looks fantastic! Glad the trip home went well for you both.

snide 07-03-2012 08:07 AM

:cool: :thumbs::thumbs:

:cheers:

plmkrzy 07-03-2012 08:10 AM

Congratulations! :cheers::cheers: Best of luck. :rock::rock:

Your write up was spot on. I did the tour the week before you and in your write up you didn't miss a beat. I wanted to do a Museum Delivery but found my car in January and had to have it, NOW!! Maybe next time. I'm sure it was a great experience. I can't wait to get back to the factory. We did a 2000 mile drive and enjoyed every second. :lol::lol:

Good luck with your new ride! :cool::cool:

arcticblast 07-03-2012 08:16 AM

Steven,
Great write up and pics. What a great experience. The car looks great, too.
Ron did my second R8C on a 2010 GS. Good guide. You'll see Ron at all of the Museum events, too. Good guy.
My delivery should be in about two weeks (during the plant shutdown) so I'll miss the plant tour this time. I'm still pumped about it. It'll be my 3rd R8C.
I'll try to post pics as soon as I can.
Congrats.
David

RobLo 07-03-2012 08:17 AM

Thanks for the great writeup and pictures, wife and I are heading down there in two weeks, unfortunately will miss the plant tour (another road trip for another day) but look forward to seeing the grounds and the museum, your writeup got me going, can't wait...and best of luck with the new car!

BenDiem 07-03-2012 08:24 AM

Great write-up OP:thumbs:

Congrats on your purchase. I followed your posts on the 2013 Estimated Delivery Dates thread...

Your car is the first one I've seen with the new '13 Blk wheels on a C6 Coupe. Your color combo looks:cool:

Your post makes me regret not having done the tour. I'll get there this year!

I've had mine for a month now... Love it!

GL/Cheers,

B

george vee 07-03-2012 08:36 AM

Thanks for this great post. Now i have another item on my bucket list. :yesnod:

boraxman 07-03-2012 08:44 AM

:thumbs:/Congrats

rrbylexus 07-03-2012 09:13 AM

Hey Steven,

My husband and I were at the plant last Thurs. morning and saw your car sitting at the Museum! Great write up and great photos, enjoy your car!

Pam

Rich Mickol 07-03-2012 09:26 AM

Thanks for the great write up and photos. Congrats and enjoy the new Vette. It's a beauty. :cheers:

fast-vette 07-03-2012 09:37 AM

Congrats and many happy trails. Be safe and don't forget to wave. Beautiful car.

09Z06pj 07-03-2012 09:45 AM

Thanks for the great description of your BG experience. Sounds like it went very well.

Your new coupe looks great. I'm usually not a fan of black wheels but the combo really works on your car. Also love that Cyber Gray. Congrats! :cheers:

RonsGS 07-03-2012 09:46 AM

I did my Museum delivery in May of 2010 and agree that it was the best car experience I had. The Museum staff treat you like royalty and the plant workers are the best I ever met.

Congrats on your new Vette, enjoy it !:cheers:

surburban99 07-03-2012 04:25 PM

Great write up about your Museum Delivery Experience. Congrats and enjoy your new Vette. Oh, and don't forget to WAVE!