CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   The First Hennessy GT Venom Delivered to Steven Tyler (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/3066945-the-first-hennessy-gt-venom-delivered-to-steven-tyler.html)

CF Editor 05-30-2012 01:08 PM

The First Hennessy GT Venom Delivered to Steven Tyler

Read about it here: Steven Tyler Buys First Hennessy Venom GT Spyder

So, this isn't a Corvette exactly, but it does have an LS9 at it's heart. Hennessy's first coachbuilt supercar is finding a home with one of the world's most famous rockstars. An old rockstar to be sure, but hey, if there's one guy that we'd expect to see tooling around in a million dollar deathtrap, it's Steven Tyler.

tomsws6 05-30-2012 02:22 PM

Has anyone actually tested one of these yet?

Lethal427 05-30-2012 05:09 PM

Love Steven Tyler, love Aerosmith my whole life!!!for Tyler's sake I just hope that Hennessy has changed his business practices, I remember a couple years ago, he was parting out Vipers he didn't own, that where at his shop for engine mods etc!!! other than that, looks like a mental ride he bought!! power to Tyler, he has been around for a long time!!!He's the man, sure hill survive!!!the Toxic Twins have conquered much more than a mere car!!TT or not!!

Dominic Toretto 05-30-2012 07:56 PM

Interesting to see some test data on these.

-Alex

NytmereZ 05-30-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lethal427 (Post 1580946178)
Love Steven Tyler, love Aerosmith my whole life!!!for Tyler's sake I just hope that Hennessy has changed his business practices, I remember a couple years ago, he was parting out Vipers he didn't own, that where at his shop for engine mods etc!!! other than that, looks like a mental ride he bought!! power to Tyler, he has been around for a long time!!!He's the man, sure hill survive!!!the Toxic Twins have conquered much more than a mere car!!TT or not!!

Not a big Aerosmith fan, their original heyday was a tad before I appreciated music, but then again I like original Kiss(Ace, Gene, Peter,Paul), their 1st album was in 73( 3 years before I was born)

From the looks of Steven Tyler..... I wouldn't want to be within a mile of him driving something powerful, I'm surprised he has a drivers licence

As far as hennessy, everything you heard was true, one of the biggest crooks out there, many Viper people were screwed, many lawsuits, parts not installed but charged for them, the list goes on.

He was actually forced out of the viper community .

I sure as hell wouldn't trust his r&d.

BluegrassMotorsport 05-30-2012 11:25 PM

Hennessey is a crook. When he isn't modifying cars that do not belong to him, he is modifying cars with far too much power for the chassis to handle. The man has no idea what he is doing in my opinion.

SLO VETTE 05-31-2012 01:51 AM

Anyone see the recent "Car Crazy" episode that was all about Hennessey?

The Meguiar's dude was just about leg humping him, it was somewhat embarrassing to watch.

NytmereZ 05-31-2012 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by redvette77 (Post 1580949284)
Hennessey is a crook. When he isn't modifying cars that do not belong to him, he is modifying cars with far too much power for the chassis to handle. The man has no idea what he is doing in my opinion.

Mr. Tyler is in some serious danger, my prayers go out to him if he decides to drive that car, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if the motor wasn't a dressed up used 100,000 mile LT1:lol:

Bornwild 05-31-2012 06:58 AM

supper corvette

I hope Steven tyler gets a smile put on his face every time that he get into and drives that corvette! I know that I smile every time I drive my corvette it's the ride of great car's! :cool:

Random84 05-31-2012 07:33 AM

I figure what, $50K for the twin-turbo'd LS9 in parts, $60K for the Lotus, $20K in assorted parts & materials - heck, let's round up and call it $40K just to cover our bases (maybe they did super custom interior door panels...): so $150,000 in off-the-shelf parts with a few frame modifications thrown in, so that leaves....

$950,000 in labor?

I'm not sure who I feel worse for - Hennessy, for knowing this is the only "supercar" he's ever going to sell; or Tyler for being the dumb@$$ who paid $1.1 million for it? I just hope Hennesy doesn't spend it all in one place.

:lol:

BluegrassMotorsport 05-31-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by NytmereZ (Post 1580949955)
... but then again I wouldn't be surprised if the motor wasn't a dressed up used 100,000 mile LT1:lol:

You know? I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it was.

cratica 06-02-2012 11:36 PM

Hennessey's cars are actually quite junk. They are overtuned, blow up, consist of a hodgepodge of parts, etc...

Not to mention that Hennessey himself is like the Teflon Don was. How he has escaped extensive prison sentences is beyond me. He has stolen so many parts and so much money over the years from "customers" it's insane. He has been to court numerous times for his business practices. He has the worst reputation of any of the tuners by far.

Why anyone would want the junk that comes from his shop is beyond me.

Marketing and fraud... that is what he's good at.

Swany00 06-03-2012 02:32 PM

$1.1 mil, ha ha....fricken ripoff

Vetter 1 06-04-2012 12:08 AM

Pictures of Tyler's GT

jason427 06-04-2012 04:45 PM

WOW
Lots of SOUR GRAPES around here.

I think that thing looks badass. For Tyler 1mil is nothing so props to him. Would it be my choice? Nope, but it does look awesome!

Congrats!

68ragtop69 06-04-2012 06:21 PM

I think the car looks pretty wild!! That would be one wild go-kart!!!

Vette_Pilot 06-05-2012 09:55 AM

Is he going to try and drive it that fast? If so I hope that he takes some classes on how to handle a beast like that!!! :willy: :cool:

timber wolf 06-05-2012 02:33 PM

Unless he's been around open wheel style race cars and big hp boosted cars, there isn't much training out there that will substitute for experience!

For god's sake he picked up his new cars with TIVAS on! Good luck dealing with lift throttle oversteer with those strapon flapjacks on his feet!lol

Should've just stuck to a Bentley Continental.:D

OnTarget1 06-05-2012 05:15 PM

Although it is a cool car I do believe if Mr. Tyler knew the "H" background I would HOPE he wouldnt have bought it. It doesnt matter how much $ u have.....no one likes headaches or getting the shaft.

NytmereZ 06-06-2012 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bornwild (Post 1580950300)
I hope Steven tyler gets a smile put on his face every time that he get into and drives that corvette! I know that I smile every time I drive my corvette it's the ride of great car's! :cool:

It isn't a vette, it has a vette motor, probably surrounded by a frame built out exhaust pipe:ack: