CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Corvette c7 spotted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3037742-corvette-c7-spotted.html)

LS1LT1 04-12-2012 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by mitchydkid (Post 1580539398)
I almost did not click on this link because I was expecting to get "rick rolled."

:lol: :D

OMG look, :eek: the new Corvette C7!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

;)

CMCvette 04-12-2012 11:37 PM

Thanks for the post-- any updates/new photos & info is appreciated. So does the nose on that thing look longer than C6? The C6s (especially in GS garb) are already too wide & long -- Chevy, can't we get back to the roots of this car as a small, light weight, monster-engined beast (tho with an audi-esque interior!)? I'm really hoping the "smaller footprint" comment I've heard about the C7 is true.

LS1LT1 04-13-2012 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by CMCvette (Post 1580542344)
Chevy, can't we get back to the roots of this car as a small, light weight, monster-engined beast? I'm really hoping the "smaller footprint" comment I've heard about the C7 is true.

:iagree: Smaller is better, sports cars should be relatively small and light in my opinion. :yesnod:

niteriderc5 04-13-2012 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by LS1LT1 (Post 1580542044)
:lol: :D

OMG look, :eek: the new Corvette C7!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

;)

i clicked ... :leaving:

thebrander 04-13-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by niteriderc5 (Post 1580542903)

me too

:(

LS1LT1 04-13-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by niteriderc5 (Post 1580542903)

Originally Posted by thebrander (Post 1580544211)
me too

:(

C'mon guys, you gotta follow the whole sequence, I clearly quoted 'mitchydkid' about the whole 'RickRolled' thing so I thought I was being obvious there, and note the smilies and winks as well LOL. :D ;)

gatti-man 04-13-2012 12:36 PM

Looks like a c6 not sure if that's good or bad.

thebrander 04-13-2012 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by LS1LT1 (Post 1580545486)
C'mon guys, you gotta follow the whole sequence, I clearly quoted 'mitchydkid' about the whole 'RickRolled' thing so I thought I was being obvious there, and note the smilies and winks as well LOL. :D ;)

Nope, well played. That's what I get for being lazy (RickRolled, that is).

McGirk94LT1 04-13-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by CMCvette (Post 1580542344)
Thanks for the post-- any updates/new photos & info is appreciated. So does the nose on that thing look longer than C6? The C6s (especially in GS garb) are already too wide & long -- Chevy, can't we get back to the roots of this car as a small, light weight, monster-engined beast (tho with an audi-esque interior!)? I'm really hoping the "smaller footprint" comment I've heard about the C7 is true.

Yeah that idea went out the window pretty quick it seems. All you gotta do is look at the c6/c7 test mules seen awhile ago. The wheels sit farther apart then where they normally would on a c6. Then check the c7 photos and from some angles the overhangs almost look worse then the c6. I know the "visually smaller" idea was supposedly pretty important to win over potential customers, but seems that got thrown out the window. The spy photos definitely look bigger to me, and the hood looks noticeably longer too.

mtrainer 04-13-2012 08:44 PM

After waiting so many years, I would have throught we'd see a bigger change in at least the design of the car. Its proportions essentially look like a slightly tweaked C6. I had hoped for more, after all look at how much the new Camero changed. It's as if they took the safe route and just changed up a few things.

I admit that we haven't seen the final car and I will reserve final judgement until then.

Hoping the C8 will mix it up a bit more.

Mark

Xanthophyll 04-13-2012 10:39 PM

I agree. Tweaking a 8+ yr old design isn't going to sell cars.

But right, still it's only speculation and guess we'll have to wait awhile to be sure.

rcallen484 04-13-2012 10:44 PM

Porsche has been tweaking the 911 since its beginning. Sometimes a design is so classic it deserves same. C5 tweaked into C6 is pretty damn classic IMHO.

LS1LT1 04-13-2012 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by mtrainer (Post 1580549585)
After waiting so many years, I would have throught we'd see a bigger change in at least the design of the car. Its proportions essentially look like a slightly tweaked C6. I had hoped for more, after all look at how much the new Camero changed. It's as if they took the safe route and just changed up a few things.

There's probably a very good reason for that...the C6 is just that good.
It's almost like a diamond engagement ring...you can alter a few little things about it such as the shape/size of the diamond with a baguette here or there but the bottom line is your woman wants the classic ring with a diamond on top of it because the original system just works (marriage itself doesn't necessarily work of course, but the ring does LOL :D). :yesnod:
If it's not broken, don't fix it. ;)

Porsche has built almost their entire street car reputation on doing that very same thing.

TommyV 04-13-2012 11:02 PM

Ya think those are 19/20's?

The Highlander 04-14-2012 02:47 AM

Drivetrain will be what makes or breaks this car... And what will set it apart.... if it does.

texvette2 04-14-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by mtrainer (Post 1580549585)

I admit that we haven't seen the final car and I will reserve final judgement until then.

Hoping the C8 will mix it up a bit more.

Mark

Camaro changed -- No it didn't. They copied the
old one. No gm brainstorm, not smart enough
for that. The one looks like the old one thats
been eating too many Big mac's

obxchartercaptain 04-15-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by HighlanderX (Post 1580551645)
Drivetrain will be what makes or breaks this car... And what will set it apart.... if it does.

:iagree:...And from what I have read, it's "supposed" to have a Dual Clutch setup, a better interior with "modern" electronics.

BlueOx 04-15-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by texvette2 (Post 1580552833)
Camaro changed -- No it didn't. They copied the
old one. No gm brainstorm, not smart enough
for that. The one looks like the old one thats
been eating too many Big mac's

Please...the Camaro is completely different. It just has a few of the styling cues of the '69 model. It is a completely better car than the old ones ever thought about being.

BTW, looking at sales compared to the Mustang, GM made brilliant choices. Just imagine what GM overall U.S. sales would be without the Camaro.

Racer X 04-15-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1580560388)
Please...the Camaro is completely different. It just has a few of the styling cues of the '69 model. It is a completely better car than the old ones ever thought about being.

BTW, looking at sales compared to the Mustang, GM made brilliant choices. Just imagine what GM overall U.S. sales would be without the Camaro.

While I agree it is completely different, but with many styling cues from the 1969 model. It is not a completely better car because it is ~600 pounds heavier. If it were even on pound light than the 1969 model, I would agree with you and the performance of the new would be dramatically better than it is.

thebrander 04-15-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Racer X (Post 1580560566)
While I agree it is completely different, but with many styling cues from the 1969 model. It is not a completely better car because it is ~600 pounds heavier. If it were even on pound light than the 1969 model, I would agree with you and the performance of the new would be dramatically better than it is.

Are you sure the 5th gen doesn't out handle the 1st gen despite the extra weight? (i.e. lateral g's, braking distance, slalom, lap times, etc.)