CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   1978 Pace Car Replica pencil drawing !! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3022933-1978-pace-car-replica-pencil-drawing.html)

sluggballz 03-19-2012 08:11 PM

1978 Pace Car Replica pencil drawing !!

I don't know why I didn't post this here earlier! I did this back in July of 2011 after I bought my current Corvette. I never thought to post it here, even as I was posting the 68 here last night. I really want to have prints made of this one, it's 14x11 inches and I think one of the best factory Corvette paint schemes ever. Would there be an interest in this from anyone for prints? They arent expensive individually, but would cost me a bit up front and I'm a little aprehensive about spending money if they won't do well. I am currently going through a divorce and this is my hobby and my other passion away from work( and my two kids). This drawing took almost 30 hours from start to finish, the emblem was almost four hours by it's self!!Any comments, yays or nays?
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6125/5...cf3e77d0_z.jpg
1978 Chevrolet Corvette Indiannapolis 500 pace car by chadv68, on Flickr

Lupigiato 03-19-2012 08:15 PM

Impressive! I can't draw stick people w/o screwing it up. Well done - again!!

aussiejohn 03-19-2012 08:20 PM

Great Job!!!

Sluggballz,

You asked for comments, well, both your drawings are great. I have a few friends Down Under with '78 Pace cars, I reckon they'd be interested in buying one, so let us know if you are planning a "print run." I have two '74s, a white coupe and a red convertible and would love to have a good pencil drawing of either (or both!). BTW, "itself", not "it's self", is the correct spelling. (You did ask for comments.:D)

Regards from Down Under. :cheers:

aussiejohn

ltblue79 03-19-2012 08:20 PM

Your artwork is impressive! And thats an understatement. Keep up the great work!!

BTAL 03-19-2012 08:21 PM

That's awesome! Any chance of talking you into doing a Silver Anniversary drawing?

I'd definitely be interested in purchasing one. Also might be interested in discussing your interest in other years with our club logo as part of the drawing.

69VetteFla 03-19-2012 08:26 PM

:iagree: If I had a pace car I would want a print

iokepakai 03-19-2012 08:43 PM

Nice work,great detail! I like how you have the reflections on the hood and roof of the car very nicely done.The emblem is especially finely detailed. Aloha's

CQRT 03-19-2012 08:50 PM

Wow- what a talent ! great job.

I have some numbered pencil drawings from the 70's done by an illustrator named Leonard Kik of my `64 and `73 coupes - -really incredible stuff.

I really admire pople with that vision and talent - -wonderful stuff!

Sluggballz-thanks for sharing-:cheers:

chonkyapple 03-19-2012 10:05 PM

I like this one even better than the 68:D
I'm interested in a copy.
Nice work:thumbs:

bkvette3 03-19-2012 10:33 PM

Bravo - The pace car drawing is awesome but I would really like a print of the '68. I am fairly confident you would have no problem selling both prints to the member here on CF. Just by judging from the positive responses that have been generated from both threads. I think you would make a pretty decent profit. Food for thought. Mark me down for the '68 print. Regards :cheers: BK3

scottyp99 03-19-2012 10:53 PM

I like the '68 better, but I think it's just because I like the car itself better. Both outstanding pieces of work!

Ya know what might be interesting? A time lapse vid of one of your drawings taking shape. It would probably be a lot of extra work, but I think it would be fascinating to watch!

Keep the shiny side up!:rock:
Scott

3JsVette 03-19-2012 11:33 PM

If it's possible I think this has even more detail than the 427/435 car. Your work deserves all the interest it's getting. I hope you can figure out a way to market your talent.

sluggballz 03-20-2012 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by aussiejohn (Post 1580323721)
Sluggballz,

You asked for comments, well, both your drawings are great. I have a few friends Down Under with '78 Pace cars, I reckon they'd be interested in buying one, so let us know if you are planning a "print run." I have two '74s, a white coupe and a red convertible and would love to have a good pencil drawing of either (or both!). BTW, "itself", not "it's self", is the correct spelling. (You did ask for comments.:D)

Regards from Down Under. :cheers:

aussiejohn

I think "itself" is Australian rules!!:rofl: Thanks for the comments!

I have visited the local printer today, and was given a price quote that I hope I can live:eek: with So I will be dropping off three pieces tomorrow morning for printing, the 68 vert, the 78 pace car, and a:hide: 2013 Gt 500:hide:. It will be a week to 10 days before they are done. If you would like to see some of my other stuff, visit here-
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
Thanks again everybody for all of the positive comments, I've been on the fence over this for along time......

shaytaylor22 08-01-2012 03:28 PM

i have 23 signed and numbered prints by leonard kik, i was wondering if you know anyone interested in buying them or know a good way to sell them???

srs244 08-01-2012 05:35 PM

that's real nice work. like some of the others, i couldn't draw a stick person without screwing it up, so i am really impressed with your talent.
if they weren't too expensive, i would have interest in a copy also.