CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Oil Pressure Sending Unit on a 1998? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3002991-oil-pressure-sending-unit-on-a-1998-a.html)

Sinister-one 09-28-2016 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by v8srfun (Post 1593145822)
That is just to much hassle to avoid pulling the intake mani. I can have the intake pulled install the new sensor then put everything back together before you even get the socket on it with out pulling the manifold.

It literally took me 20 minutes to do the job the first time and I know I am more efficient now.

Does the fuel line need to be disconnected ?

v8srfun 09-28-2016 10:12 AM

It helps but you can just flip the manifold out of the way. I removed the line on mine if you have the tool to remove it takes less than 30 seconds just have some rags over the line so you don't take a fuel shower

Sinister-one 09-28-2016 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by v8srfun (Post 1593146049)
It helps but you can just flip the manifold out of the way. I removed the line on mine if you have the tool to remove it takes less than 30 seconds just have some rags over the line so you don't take a fuel shower

Then that's a job I'll be talking this weekend.
I'll have to disconnect the fuel line anyway. As long as the intake is off, I will be swapping out it with a FAST 92mm intake with 42lb injectors. :yesnod:

ibrockn 03-23-2018 10:14 PM

Just did this job on my '99 today without removing the intake. I got it done, but had much grief with the hose mentioned above being in the way, getting the threads to start, and getting the wire back on. Had all the tools mentioned in the two videos I watched and then some. Only thing easy was dropping the socket on the unit and removing it. Next time, I'm going to remove the intake to do it.

RyanR0101 05-19-2021 01:50 PM

Just did this over the weekend. Very helpful writeup. Took about 2 hours and change, but I was taking my time and thinking things through very carefully. I needed to innovate a bit to get the new one in without falling out of the socket, and of course the connector ended up being 180.0000 degrees from where the old one was, so I think an hour was spent finagling that connector into place with a long screwdriver and piece of coat hanger wire. The stiff wire did not want to let me turn the connector!

vettebk 05-19-2021 02:18 PM

It is so cool to look back at the note I sent in 2016 about having Tony's Corvette Shop replace my oil pressure sensor in my 2000 C5. Well, those terrible GM OEM aluminum sensors don't last. So after five years, I just had Tony's Corvette Shop replace it again. It started reading at max again and when we pulled it out and looked at it, it was full of leaking engine oil. I am operational again, totally due to the great service at Tony's Corvette Shop. Took 1.5 hours. Did not remove the intake. Changed out a turn signal light and did an oil change and filter also.

Running fine now.