CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/)
-   -   Corvettes on Woodward August 15-17 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes/3002386-corvettes-on-woodward-august-15-17-a.html)

2DUTCH2 07-28-2012 07:04 PM

Hi, I will be driving in from the other side of the State on Wednesday the 15th for the Cruise. Is there a specific time the group cruises Woodward that night or do you stay in the parking lot? I want to allow enough time to join you if at all possible. Thanks for pulling this all together.

fly a Z06 07-30-2012 02:07 PM

I'm driving my 07 Z06 again for its 6th trip to the COW events, the Dream Cruise and some Tigers games. Thanks, Larry, for organizing this again.

Joel

UmX 07-30-2012 04:03 PM

Ill be out there, but i will be parking with the TBSS guys. Maybe ill stop by

ricefed 07-31-2012 03:34 PM

Is there a certain day where all the corvettes are going to cruise together? Anyone planning on going out to Woodward the next few weekend nights leading up to Woodward cruise week? I've been out a few weekends all summer and it's really starting to get busy out there. Would like to meet up if anyone is going to be out.

YLWFVR75 07-31-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ricefed (Post 1581451286)
Is there a certain day where all the corvettes are going to cruise together? Anyone planning on going out to Woodward the next few weekend nights leading up to Woodward cruise week? I've been out a few weekends all summer and it's really starting to get busy out there. Would like to meet up if anyone is going to be out.

Wed night is the Cruise to the Food Pantry from the Radisson. Bring your non perishables for donation! :cheers:

Jimmy C-6 08-01-2012 06:35 AM

What time should we get there?

Scott85 08-01-2012 09:20 AM

When do the Corvettes actually cruise Woodward as the big group, on Friday ? What time & where do they start from ?

Mgrad92 08-02-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75 (Post 1581453166)
Wed night is the Cruise to the Food Pantry from the Radisson. Bring your non perishables for donation! :cheers:

I would like to join you. What's the start time?

Jeff Bury 08-03-2012 10:02 AM

Need 2012 info

I was unable to attend last year do to oversees, but i do plan on being there this year with my 07 C6

YLWFVR75 08-03-2012 03:48 PM

Here's the details from Larry's newsletter -

Everyday bring us closer to the beginning of Corvettes on Woodward. Wednesday August 15

Wednesday will be an exciting day. We start with a 9:00 AM tour of the GM Heritage Center. The second tour is set to begin at 1:00 PM.
There is a ten dollar fee for the Heritage Center (cash only please).

While we are touring DJ Eric will be getting ready to start the show at noon at the Radisson Hotel in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

C-Magic Car Care Products, Galli Sports Apparel, Cruis’News and a booth for the National Corvette Museum will be setting up their displays at the Radisson to greet you when you arrive.

Cauley Performance Products will be displaying their cars, including the Camero that stared in the movie Ginn. Matick Chevrolet is bringing some Callaways for you to see. Harlan Charles, Corvette Product manager will be showing you the new 2013 60th Anniversary Corvette. Corvette Central will also be there.

There will be seminars also on Wednesday (times will be announced later). Bill Connell, from Matick Chevrolet will have a seminar on Callaways and Harlan Charles will tell you all about the new 2013 Corvette.

Kermit Dye from C-Magic will demonstrate his car care products. Author Jerry Burton is having a book signing of Chevrolet 100 years.

I would like all of you to remember why we are all here and that is to help out and support the Open Hands Food Pantry. Your donations of cash and food will greatly help the tremendous need. A separate “wish list” is added to this email. All afternoon we will be selling 50/50 tickets to benefit the Food Pantry. The drawing will be held around 6:45PM. The police will show up at 7:30 PM and we will cruise our way down to the Food Bank to make our donations. After cruising Woodward everyone is invited to a meet & greet at the Moose Preserve Restaurant corner of Square Lake and Woodward (separate checks). We have the room until midnight so there will be plenty of time to socialize.

The spreadsheet is all set so what I need now is for all of you to let me know what tour you want to go on, what seminars you are interested in and if your plan to go to the Moose Preserve.

Email your requests vjnlcsvette@aol.com Thank you Larry & Verna

luvmy82 08-03-2012 04:02 PM

Itinerary for Wednesday:

Tour of the GM Heritage Center in Warren, Michigan at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm.

Begining at high noon at the Radisson Hotel parking in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan (on the south side of Woodward just south of Long Lake Road) DJ Eric will begin his show. You can join in any time.

There will be seminars by many vendors, but Bill Connell from Matick Chevrolet (who is an all around great guy and services our work fleet of vehicles) will be displaying and discussing their Callaway line of vehicles ---which are so schweet looking!:rock:

Matick Chevrolet is MY GM dealer of choice :thumbs: (shameless plug ;-) If anyone has the patience to deal with me, "The Crazy Corvette Lady" because I'm so anal retentive about my Vette, you can be assured I will plug their service where ever and when ever possible because quite frankly, they've earned it! :thumbs: Not only that, they are HUGE supporters of Larry's event.

50/50 drawing for the Open Hands Food Pantry is at 6:45 pm and at 7:45 pm, Bloomfield Hills PD will close Woodward. This will allow us as a group to depart the parking lot for the Open Hands Food Pantry, which I believe is on Woodward between 9 and 10 mile road.

Be forewarned though, leaving the parking lot is like a rubber band, as cars begin to leave, the space gets bigger and bigger between the line up of cars, and you can damage the bottom of your Vette if you decide to take off like a rocket!:eek:

Once the cruise to the Food Pantry is done, Larry has reserved a big room at the Moose Preserve which is due north on Woodward and Square Lake. I just LOVE this place, they are reasonably priced, and they have great food.

Hope this update helps everyone, I know Larry has been insanely busy.

Hope to see all of you August 16th! This cruise is a BLAST! :rock:

Black94LT1 08-03-2012 05:11 PM

We are planning to be there! :thumbs: Maybe I can buy the lucky raffle ticket again this year!

Dreamcruiser1977 08-04-2012 01:40 AM

Thanks Suz & Zack for your help. Yes I am busy. August is really a crazy month. Everywhere I go people tell me they are coming but my spreadsheets only show a handful. I have a guy from Sweden that is bringing his 1968 Corvette here to cruise Corvettes on Woodward. There might be a news team from Australia cruising the lot also. Harlan Charles called and he is bring at least 7 people from his team and a bunch of the 2013 Anniversary Corvettes. Matick Chevrolet is a great dealer. I agree. They are really supportive of Corvettes. Wait til you see my 2014 National Corvette Caravan Corvette. It will be at the Corvettes America Show and of course at Corvettes on Woodward.
We are having a big open house at the GM Perfromance Build Center again on Thursday noon - 4 PM. Everyone please be patiet becasue they are busy building the new 427. We don't want them to stop this. Please no sandals ofr open toe shoes. Safety reasons. Thursday night part at Hooters in Rochester Hills 7PM - ?? it is at Big Beaver and Rochester Road. I don't know if I can fit any more Corvettes in than last year but all are welcome until the police shut downd the gate. To cover expenses the Radisson is charging 5.00 per car but will donate everything after expenses are paid. Growing from 125 Corvettes to over 500 is putting a strain on all of resourses of the hotel. I hope everyone understands. Dana forester is donating one of his prints and everyone coming into the lot will receive a special rafle ticket to win it. It is almost 2 AM and I just finished answereing all of my emails. If anyone has any questions please write to me at vjnlcsvette@aol.com Thanks everyove for helping make the food drive sucessfull. Remeber to bring non parishable food or non perishable CASH to donate to the Open Hands Food Pantry. Larry

Dreamcruiser1977 08-04-2012 01:44 AM

I just noticed I didn't put in the dates.

Wednesday August 15 is when we tour the GM Heritage Center 10.00 per person cash admittance at 9 AM and 1PM Tours are limited to 140 cars so I need to know if you will be there

Thursday August 16 is the open house at the Build Center noon- 4PM

Melloww Yellow 08-06-2012 11:15 PM

My wife and I will be there Wed. noon to whatever. Never been there before. Is there an actual Vette cruise on Woodward on Wed? Does it start at noon? Does it start at the Raddison? Is there registration? Where can we drop off food if we can't cruise at 7:00? I can't picture 600 Vettes at once on Woodward. Anybody from Kalamazoo / Battle Creek going over Wed?

ricefed 08-07-2012 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Melloww Yellow (Post 1581505641)
My wife and I will be there Wed. noon to whatever. Never been there before. Is there an actual Vette cruise on Woodward on Wed? Does it start at noon? Does it start at the Raddison? Is there registration? Where can we drop off food if we can't cruise at 7:00? I can't picture 600 Vettes at once on Woodward. Anybody from Kalamazoo / Battle Creek going over Wed?

There is a cruise. They block Woodward of at 7:45 then the vettes all cruise together down to the soup kitchen in royal oak.

BIGBYRD1993 08-07-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1GSVert (Post 1581507257)
I have some Friends coming from Chicago and Ohio to go to the Open House with Suzy and I on Thursday -anyone here else going? :cheers:

If I'm allowed to join your Group , I'm in and would caravan to Wixom with ya !!!:yesnod::yesnod::hide::flag:

Mallett Z 08-08-2012 12:28 AM

this sounds like fun but since its during the week it never works out. too bad this doesn't take place on a saturday.

Knexo 08-08-2012 10:19 PM

Non Corvette Owners

Can non vette owner attend the Heritage tour? Myself and another gentlemen woud like to attend the afternoon tour. I sent a PM, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,
Lenny

YLWFVR75 08-08-2012 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Knexo (Post 1581522503)
Can non vette owner attend the Heritage tour? Myself and another gentlemen woud like to attend the afternoon tour. I sent a PM, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,
Lenny

Send an email directly to Larry. He is extremely busy so please be patient. But I don't see why you can't attend. As long as you pay your 10 bucks your in :)