CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [ZR1] Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2995309-dealer-recommendation-in-southbay-ca-to-fix-steering-wheel-vibration-issue.html)

beastyz06 02-04-2012 12:50 PM

Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem? :toetap:

givemeurc6 02-04-2012 01:29 PM

I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.

beastyz06 02-04-2012 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by givemeurc6 (Post 1579920640)
I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.

Thank you and you are exactly right. That is why I'm asking forum members' opinions to guide me towards to the right direction. I also don't want to take my car to any dealer.

Anybody?

ILLUSHN 02-04-2012 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by givemeurc6 (Post 1579920640)

:iagree:

Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable! :cheers:

Hirohawa 02-04-2012 10:29 PM

I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.

beastyz06 02-04-2012 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN (Post 1579922690)
:iagree:

Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable! :cheers:

Thank you !:thumbs:

beastyz06 02-04-2012 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1579924766)
I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.

Thank you !!:thumbs:

Joezone914 02-04-2012 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1579924766)

:thumbs: I agree if you must goto Chevy. Goto Win and see Jim Iverson

DebRedZR1 02-05-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by beastyz06 (Post 1579920354)
Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem? :toetap:

And Girls :D
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. :ack: They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbs:

pcguy2u 02-05-2012 12:04 PM

You don't state what the circumstances are that lead to the vibration or what year ZR1 or when the problem started or how similar the problem is to the descriptions from in the various threads on this issue.

mjcourt 02-05-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1GSVert (Post 1579926719)
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. :ack: They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbs:

The corvette guy at my dealership gave me his personal cell phone number so that I can locate him and don’t have to be routed through the dealership phone system. Two new tires have been installed and two rotors are on the way from GM. So far I’m very pleased with the way my dealership and GM are handling the issue. I’ll post more details when all is done.