CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Help Forum (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum-31/)
-   -   Forum Problems (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum/2993952-forum-problems.html)

Frankie the Fink 02-02-2012 10:36 AM

Forum Problems

I, like JohnZ and presumably others, am nearly unable to post to the forum anymore. Hitting the submit button does nothing quite often and even this short post took me 5-6 minutes before it 'took'. I'm gonna abstain for a while until something happens to fix this. Toshiba Satellite / Windows 7 Professional / Avast Firewall / Firefox & IE.

Westlotorn 02-02-2012 10:38 AM

I have seen the same thing, it takes an extra click for almost every function.

1snake 02-02-2012 10:40 AM

No problems noted here. Everything works instantly with one click.

Jim

66jack 02-02-2012 10:40 AM

I had a problem late last year.

Things are working fine out here...CA/OR border :thumbs:

StingU2 02-02-2012 10:48 AM

Forum Problems

Frankie... probably your server :leaving:

Muttley 02-02-2012 10:49 AM

Seems to be working OK here. I'm using Firefox with AdBlock Plus.

I use this setup with all forums I browse, as I have had problems in the past with virus-infected ad networks (note: not here). As an ancillary benefit, ad-heavy forums run much faster with Adblock Plus installed.

Kerrmudgeon 02-02-2012 10:55 AM

They've had problems with Trojan viruses as well. The other day it would go straight to the bottom of the page, a sure sign of trouble. When that happens get out QUICK! Some have lost all their files, so make sure your anti-virus is up to date. I asked about the slow to post and they said they are working on it. I get fed up and copy out my post and repost/paste it like a new one quick and it goes right in. :cheers:

Railroadman 02-02-2012 11:17 AM

I have that problem probably 60% of my posts. I have Firefox and when it actually starts taking my post, the circle in the upper left goes green. If it does not do that, and the script at lower left says "waiting for Corvette Forum" I go back a page, then forward again, and hit "submit" again. Don't have to re-type the post. Repeat as necessary.

cam30era 02-02-2012 11:34 AM

Absolutely no problems here, at all. Using either my HP Envy 14, Windows 64, Chrome Browser, or my Samsung Chromebook.

pewter99 02-02-2012 11:37 AM

moved to the Help forum as the C1/2 section probably ain't gonna get it fixed for ya ...:cheers:

chrislyn 02-02-2012 11:46 AM

Everything works fine here . If you haven't tried yet maybe you run a scan for virus ect. Good luck

PS ;I think John is a great guy too A wealth of valuable information and generous enough to share with all of us. What more can you ask of a Forum member. Thank you, Wes :cheers:

Vette_DD 02-02-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1snake (Post 1579900096)
No problems noted here.

Originally Posted by Muttley (Post 1579900185)
Seems to be working OK here. I'm using Firefox with AdBlock Plus.

Originally Posted by cam30era (Post 1579900658)
Absolutely no problems here, at all.

Originally Posted by chrislyn (Post 1579900760)
Everything works fine here .

:iagree:No problems at all here with Firefox 9.0.1 and AdBlockerPlus. I get on 4 or 5 times a day all throughout the day. Post 12-15 times a day every day. Takes 6-7 seconds from the time I double-click the forum shortcut on my desktop until the page of titles displays, unless the forum is really busy, then it may take 8-10 seconds.

Virus attack a few weeks ago, McAfee gave me a warning, but blocked it.

I do have a dependable ISP with 10 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload.

Using Windows Vista and McAfee firewall and AV.

However, for those having problems, post here in the HELP forum. Be specific about your exact problem and what browser you're using. JT is really good about helping with just about any combination of inputs.

jfr's 63swc 02-02-2012 01:28 PM

Hello,

I too have been having problems for a couple of weeks. When I viewed the threads in the C1/C2 forum in the past, I could right click on a thread and open it in a new tab. It would open right away. Now 80 to 90% of the time the page in the new tab never loads. Then I have to refresh the original page - sometimes that works, sometimes not. This is the only forum that I have been having problems with. Sure wish there was a solution other than not coming here!

I am not too computer savy so I could use some help!

Jon

PS this is my second try......

Geralds57 02-02-2012 07:13 PM

I have been having the same trouble. I found the only way it would post, is to hit the preview post button and then hit submit reply and it will go. Lately when I bring up the forum and click on a subject, I have to close out the forum, come back to it and then click on the subject before it will load.

Chevy Guy 02-05-2012 09:06 AM

The forum is painful to navigate the past few weeks. Even looking at your own posts is a disaster. I get this from home and work, so its not a problem with the PC I am on. Kinda smells like a database indexing problem.

Going to my recent posts takes a minute.

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 54.44 seconds. Search: Posts Made By: Chevy Guy

GREGGPENN 02-06-2012 09:56 AM

Seems like the issues are more prevalent with IE than other browsers. Maybe Gates is finally ready for retirement.

I also think there's a real possibility that the CF admins lowered the database priority for non-C5/C6 forums. Search times would definitely reflect the time from a click/submit until results are displayed. You can't fool a search engine -- even with a browser.

I also have 30-60 minute searches for C4 lookups. And, that's specific runs limited to only recents day's activities.

mrm1149 02-10-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN (Post 1579936225)
Seems like the issues are more prevalent with IE than other browsers. .

:iagree: But wouldn't you think it'd be kindof a no brainer for an IB tech guy? This is the only site where IE9 has a problem.............