CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Top will not latch!!! (Short rant) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2986388-top-will-not-latch-short-rant.html)

topper7788 01-20-2012 09:26 AM

Top will not latch!!! (Short rant)

Damn top!!!

Since I'm a south Floridian my top stays in he trunk most of the time... Yesterday my wife and I went to visit one of my franchisees and since it was a another bueatiful South Florida day we decided to take the Corvette instead of the Sedan...

Well when it was time to head home the temp had dropped some so it was time to put the top on..

Well the dang rear center latch won't engage... After about 10 minutes of F'n with it we just headed home with it un latched as since it's the rear the pins should hold the top in fine..

Guess I have to take it to the dealer for repair which is something I hate to do.

Rant done... (I did say short rant)

TBonez 01-20-2012 09:32 AM

Good Rant...always good to unload every now and again :rofl:

R&L's C6 01-20-2012 09:52 AM

Sounds like it should be a simple fix, dealer shouldn't be able to wreck too much on your car (you know how those dealers are) :rofl: :thumbs:

Good luck on the repair. :cheers:

Neil Baker 01-20-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by topper7788 (Post 1579785826)
Damn top!!!

Since I'm a south Floridian my top stays in he trunk most of the time... Yesterday my wife and I went to visit one of my franchisees and since it was a another bueatiful South Florida day we decided to take the Corvette instead of the Sedan...

Well when it was time to head home the temp had dropped some so it was time to put the top on..

Well the dang rear center latch won't engage... After about 10 minutes of F'n with it we just headed home with it un latched as since it's the rear the pins should hold the top in fine..

Guess I have to take it to the dealer for repair which is something I hate to do.

Rant done... (I did say short rant)

Never heard of this problem before, let us know what they find.:flag::cool:

CandyRed77 01-20-2012 12:35 PM

One quick thing you can check: make sure the front end of the latch doesn't get caught on the trim/headliner. Happens to mine now and then, just have to give it a little push and the problem is solved.

Sonny

Chevy Cust Svc 01-26-2012 11:19 AM

Have you had a chance to visit the dealer? Please keep us posted. Feel free to contact me with any questions that may arise. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

marathon 01-26-2012 11:54 AM

Happened to me also and the forward latch was stuck in the locked/closed position which keeps the handle from engaging. Simply flipped it down and the problem has yet to return.

JLargo 01-26-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by marathon (Post 1579840434)
Happened to me also and the forward latch was stuck in the locked/closed position which keeps the handle from engaging. Simply flipped it down and the problem has yet to return.

:iagree: This happened to me once, took a minute to figure it out. When you release the rear latch put your hand on it so it doesn't spring open hard. This will prevent it from happening as well.

topper7788 01-26-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc (Post 1579840085)
Have you had a chance to visit the dealer? Please keep us posted. Feel free to contact me with any questions that may arise. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

Thanks Tricia (guess GM made a change to who is monitoring the forum again)

Haven't taken it in yet... Probably will try and make an appointment for next week some time....I don't expect any issues as I'm sure it's a simple fix... At worst they will need to order a new rear latch and the car is certainly drivable the rear guide posts should be sufficient to hold the top in as I'm not planning any high speed driving with the top on till I get this handled or I can put on my body colored top....(it's the clear on with the issue) I have two tops....