CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Funny cop lets C6 driver off with a warning (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2977843-funny-cop-lets-c6-driver-off-with-a-warning.html)

CF Editor 01-05-2012 09:45 PM

Funny cop lets C6 driver off with a warning

Ha!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...6-corvette.php

VET4LES 01-05-2012 09:51 PM

Interesting. The camera could have got the driver off. :flag:

SabresFan 01-05-2012 10:00 PM

I was "in a hurry" one day driving down the highway passing other motorists and around the bend, the officer and I made eye contact as he's pointing the radar at me...I was caught...there was no sense in slowing down....but then he gives me the thumbs up and waves....:cheers:

Marc V. 01-05-2012 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by VET4LES (Post 1579657363)
The camera could have got the driver off. :flag:

How?

teenVette 01-06-2012 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by SabresFan (Post 1579657459)
I was "in a hurry" one day driving down the highway passing other motorists and around the bend, the officer and I made eye contact as he's pointing the radar at me...I was caught...there was no sense in slowing down....but then he gives me the thumbs up and waves....:cheers:

:cheers: You got lucky that time

GOLD72 01-06-2012 07:20 AM

Wow!! Your lucky day. LEOs are people too. :D

ben dover 01-06-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by teenVette (Post 1579658886)

:withstupid:

Mad*Max 01-06-2012 07:47 AM

that too OPP?:thumbs:

azcanuk 01-06-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by GOLD72 (Post 1579659260)
Wow!! Your lucky day. LEOs are people too. :D

Yes they are, and sometimes very understanding of how Vette owners love the thrill of taking it to the road..

Long story short.. pulled over by Sheriff, came to wife’s side of car mad as all he_l, said had been trying to catch me for 19 miles, I was going so fast that when went off his radar had me at xx, I was very polite and not argumentative but disagreed with him about a couple of the things he was telling me... he asked for all my paper work and headed to his car... I looked at the wife and told her my life as I know it was over.. Sheriff came back to the car, handed me the paperwork plus his “ticket”... asked him now what… he bent down, looked into the car, stared me in the eye and said… “nothing, this is just a warning, if you want to drive this fancy car like you did, take it PIR because if you continue to drive like you did on this highway, we will get you”.. smiled, turned and walked back to his car…

BSV2.0 lives on!

Club nickname is Blue Streak. I sold the first “Blue Streak” to another forum member who came up with the BSV1.0 and I inherited BSV2.0… “PIR” is Phoenix International Raceway...

su8pack1 01-06-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by teenVette (Post 1579658886)

:iagree:

GCasey 01-06-2012 09:44 AM

Yes Sir, No Sir

Yes Sir. No Sir. Goes a long way towards a Reasonable resolution.:blueangel:

I had a NY State Trooper say (after several Yes sir, No Sir's)

"If you dispute this ticket, they will simply knock it down to a $20.00 parking ticket" Wink-Wink- Knudge- Knudge.

I did, and they did. One days missed work for the appearance, but much better the a steep fine & points on my Lic !:D

Considering He had me at 18 MPH over the posted limit it could have been a lot worse.

He's doing his job, but still gave me a break ! Hat's off the The NYSP.:flag:

Wayne O 01-06-2012 10:15 AM

I'm glad the guy got a warning but I wouldn't be surprised if the cop told the driver to shutoff the camera. The cops/government like to video you but they don't want you to videotape them. I know of several situations that demonstrate this. Even when it's their video if it supports your case they most often won't release the video to you. Evidently, getting to the truth and justice isn't always important.

Deceptikon 01-06-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Marc V. (Post 1579657504)
How?

The camera shows the large amount of traffic around the vette. The radar gun (if this was used to clock speed) is likley to have clocked the large semi that was in front of the vette. The radar gun picks up on the largest moving object.

pcguy2u 01-06-2012 11:01 AM

I find the vid questionable - like in a video production and not a spontaneous event that just happened by chance???

Just my cynical nature:rofl:

VetteTrpr 01-09-2012 10:30 PM

Wayne O,,,I'm sure given your great legal background, extensive judicial knowledge and your pro law enforcement stance that you are familar with the term "discovery" as it applies to the statutory rules of evidence. Or maybe your just showing your ignorance.

SabresFan 01-10-2012 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1579659371)
that too OPP?:thumbs:

Ya, I was surprised that the O-dot gave me a break....probably owns one too. :cheers:

Jerky 01-10-2012 09:23 AM

He touched the car!!!!:willy::willy::willy:

160KTS 01-10-2012 09:44 AM

It definitely didn't look like the car was doing anything hazardous to others (aka passing people in tripple digits, passing on the shoulder etc) and he was going with traffic pretty well even though he was speeding. But when you're just kind of a "minor" breach in the law most of the time if you're cool with the cop he'll be cool with you. Just gotta mind your p's and q's and make sure the cop has no problem seeing your hands as he walks up to the car so he feels safe.

chuck1026 01-10-2012 10:27 AM

What I find disturbing is how it appears that the officer is using the Vette as a VERY EXPENSIVE clipboard. What gives?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/mt-sta...r/010412_2.jpg

:ack::toetap:

Jerky 01-10-2012 02:02 PM

I wonder what would've happened if the driver subsequently pulled out a microfiber towel to wipe off the hand print as soon as the cop took his hand off the car :lol: