CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2974480-2011-corvette-grand-sport-worst-car-ever-driven.html)

rayk 12-31-2011 12:46 AM

:cheers:

Originally Posted by Torchsport (Post 1579607049)
Grow up.

TKgs2010 12-31-2011 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1579606895)
Motor Trend rated the Corvette Z06 as number one for best handling car they drove in 2011, and the Grand Sport tied for sixth place. Pretty damn good showing I would say!

:iagree:Google "Laguna Seca Hot Laps" it shows Pro driver Randy Pobst driving and commenting on each car. The fast group did laps in the mid 1:36 range, the ZO6 was in the LOW 1:34's. The timer doesn't lie, so good showing Corvette! If that's a bad car, I'm glad I own one.:yesnod:

54greg 12-31-2011 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1579604419)
I recently drove a Nissan GT-R and when I got home I wanted to sell my Corvette.
Same can be said after driving my friends Cadillac CTS-V...

While my Corvette is really nice,
Its out of its league compared to these two

If you like ugly and foreign:ack:

lordofwar 12-31-2011 01:14 AM

looks,handling,horsepower,stopping.dolla r for dollar best sports car in the world bar none.only people who do not own a new one or get paid to knock them stay stupid **** about them period.

steve burns 12-31-2011 01:20 AM

Obviously he has never driven a grand sport on the track. I guess it's hard to get good help.

jimb100 12-31-2011 01:28 AM

Not to put words in the writers mouth but I think he meant that the GS was the most disappointing car he drove, certainly not the "worst".

In much the same way that some people here complain about the GTR being no fun to drive since its has so many electronic helpers.

OregonC6 12-31-2011 01:36 AM

It is surprising that the writer would come up with a "worst" rating. It has me wondering how he would have rated the ZR1.

The problem with the GS is that it's really the "base" narrow body LS3 C6 in a different suit of clothes. Yah, I know, it's wider ( has more rolling resistance and wind resistance than it's narrow body sibling ). Yah, I know you can get the engine hand assembled. Yah, I know it has the Z06 oiling system and brakes.

But, after all that's taken into account the GS is basically the narrow body ( standard ) C6 with a different body. Therefore, a "worst" rating on the GS upsets me no more than a "worst" rating on the standard narrow body LS3 model would. Neither would, IMO, deserve this.

Still, though, I'm left wondering how this writer would have scored the ZR1 given he was mighty impressed with the SC on that CTSV wagon.

last901 12-31-2011 01:44 AM

C'mon you people. This whole matter barely deserves a response from any of us. Anyone sending Email or letters to the publisher is only going to encourage them to tell their advertisers that they have a huge following.

I can't believe some of you actually feel the need to defend your favorite sports car to some - what is it, "morans"? - that only want to sell magazines.

I guess though that this is a forum so anything goes in terms of discussions, but anyone who feels some sort of need to defend their Corvette probably shouldn't own one in the first place.

I'm happy with mine and couldn't care less what some editor who probably never owned an example of whatever is being reviewed. I can't believe how upset a few of you have seemingly become over this whole thing.

Get a life... :(

Jawnathin 12-31-2011 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by last901 (Post 1579608174)
C'mon you people. This whole matter barely deserves a response from any of us. Anyone sending Email or letters to the publisher is only going to encourage them to tell their advertisers that they have a huge following.

I can't believe some of you actually feel the need to defend your favorite sports car to some - what is it, "morans"? - that only want to sell magazines.

I guess though that this is a forum so anything goes in terms of discussions, but anyone who feels some sort of need to defend their Corvette probably shouldn't own one in the first place.

I'm happy with mine and couldn't care less what some editor who probably never owned an example of whatever is being reviewed. I can't believe how upset a few of you have seemingly become over this whole thing.

Get a life... :(

Well said. The Corvette is a great car, but its not above criticism. The response and reaction from this group has been way over the top.

last901 12-31-2011 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jawnathin (Post 1579608184)
Well said. The Corvette is a great car, but its not above criticism. The response and reaction from this group has been way over the top.

:iagree: but this is a forum after all. I think we would be at a loss if we didn't respect and consider other opinions. Besides, it's better than watching reruns of Law & Order and not a bad way to spend yet another evening when we can't get a date and can't remember how to play solitaire.

phileaglesfan 12-31-2011 02:19 AM

I don't pay attention to magazine opinions. This guy is a real idiot. He writes a lot of articles withe the GT-R so he probably likes that car a lot. Personally I don't care how fast it goes, it is butt ugly. If an American company built it the mags would complain about its PS3 interior looks and its ugly exterior. Fortunately it is a care that blends in with the many other Japanese sports cars.

kemomek 12-31-2011 02:29 AM

What....???????

So wait, why hasn't Grand Am Rolex Racing Series posted their TV schedule yet......??????? Oh sorry, wrong thread.......... :lol:

Triumph Jerry 12-31-2011 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1579604419)
I recently drove a Nissan GT-R and when I got home I wanted to sell my Corvette.
Same can be said after driving my friends Cadillac CTS-V...

While my Corvette is really nice,
Its out of its league compared to these two

What are you waiting for?
Sell the vette already! :toetap:

msnbound 12-31-2011 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by GQMGT (Post 1579605874)
Can't speak as to the GT-R, but my C6 will turn more heads and draw more praise than a CTS-V any day.....

Maybe a zo6 or a zr1...

CrvtBB 12-31-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by OregonC6 (Post 1579608146)

But, after all that's taken into account the GS is basically the narrow body ( standard ) C6 with a different body.

And after all that is taken into account, the only difference between Megan Fox and Rosanne Barr is a few dress sizes.

johnnybravothepimp 12-31-2011 08:54 AM

I would never buy another Nissan... They suck!

4GS7 12-31-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jason Udy
But, the biggest disappointment for me would have to be Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport – surprising because I have always preferred the simplicity of American cars over exotics. Is the Grand Sport fast? YES! But, it just didn’t feel special, like it had no soul, which is a shame for a car with an uninterrupted nameplate dating back to 1953. Hopefully GM can improve the C7 Corvette and ignite some passion back into America’s sports car (and ditch the transverse mono-leaf suspension).

Kid's a moron. Anyone who considers themselves an authority on cars, which is what these editors claim every month, would have done the most basic of research to find out that there is nothing wrong with the transverse leaf spring. There is no way he would be able to tell the difference between that and conventional setup. The rest is pure opinion and he's entitled to it, but when I got to the bit about the leaf spring, his credibility died.

Wayne O 12-31-2011 09:26 AM

Everyone's entitled to their biased opinion. Fortunately, we're allowed to disagree. I don't subscribe to Motor Trend and I don't concur with his assessment of the GS. I tend to think his opinion of the GS was set before he ever got behind the wheel. No matter...it's all good.

Originally Posted by peter pan (Post 1579604589)
He is a moran, many vehicles out there quite a bit worse to drive than a Vette:rock:

He's a Masai warrior??? I think you mean he's a moron (or a maroon as I prefer to say). :)

Triumph Jerry 12-31-2011 09:45 AM

I'll tell you one thing, .....the Japanese just love corvettes. We have some in our neighborhood and when they walk past my garage they always say....
"RAT REERY NICE CRAR!"
And they all say it every time they walk by. I let one young guy sit in the vette, and he was flipping out!

HarleyB 12-31-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by CrvtBB (Post 1579608964)
And after all that is taken into account, the only difference between Megan Fox and Rosanne Barr is a few dress sizes.

Oh boy, I sure hope you're NOT saying:

Megan Fox = C6
Rosanne Barr = GS

...now we got a stirred pot!:rofl: