CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2974480-2011-corvette-grand-sport-worst-car-ever-driven.html)

hig4s 01-06-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579666323)
Don't you get it? Everyone agrees with the part I highlighted in bold font.

Where everyone disagrees is with what changes should be made.

Where the difference lies is in the following:

Democrats figured out a long time ago that underachievers will always outnumber achievers. So to build their power base the Dem Libs sell class envy, and a hatred of corporations as well as a hatred of successful people (as long as they are not Hollywood rich people or self loathing limousine liberal rich people like Michael Moore).

They sell votes by giving free stuff to the slackers (using the tax money earned by the achievers) in exchange for their Democrat vote.

Man Made Global Warming theory is just another tool used in this endeavor.

But most Democrats are not liberals, and from there your theory continues to fall even farther from reality.

And the (what you would incorrectly call) conservative Republicans also use class envy. They lump the just above average to lower upper class in with the rich and super rich and sell to them that the poor hate them and something needs to be done about it.

the median wage is $27K, (which means 50% of the population makes that or less) but the average wage is $44K. To anyone that has a basic understanding of statistical analysis this speaks volumes.

Also only 10% of the population make over 125K only 1.5% make over 300K and this does not make them rich.

The rich (top .9% making over 1M a year) and super rich (top .1% making over 175M a year), who consist of Democrats and Republicans constantly push class envy to keep public view off their personal wealth and the and the way they manipulate and/or ignore laws to create and keep their wealth.

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579666499)
But most Democrats are not liberals, and from there your theory continues to fall even farther from reality.

And the (what you would incorrectly call) conservative Republicans also use class envy. They lump the just above average to lower upper class in with the rich and super rich and sell to them that the poor hate them and something needs to be done about it.

the median wage is $27K, (which means 50% of the population makes that or less) but the average wage is $44K. To anyone that has a basic understanding of statistical analysis this speaks volumes.

Also only 10% of the population make over 125K only 1.5% make over 300K and this does not make them rich.

The rich (top .9% making over 1M a year) and super rich (top .1% making over 175M a year), who consist of Democrats and Republicans constantly push class envy to keep public view off their personal wealth and the and the way they manipulate and/or ignore laws to create and keep their wealth.

There's nothing that amuses me more than a Democrat who won't admit to being a Democrat. They go to such great lengths posting stats from Wikipedia and yet, they say nothing.

Lets take a shortcut:

I held my nose and voted for Mc Cain (cuz he wasn't conservative enough)

Did you vote for Barry O. ?

hig4s 01-06-2012 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579666649)
There's nothing that amuses me more than a Democrat who won't admit to being a Democrat. They go to such great lengths posting stats from Wikipedia and yet, they say nothing.

Lets take a shortcut:

I held my nose and voted for Mc Cain (cuz he wasn't conservative enough)

Did you vote for Barry O. ?

Have you voted Republican for president in every election you have ever voted in?

I voted Independent, had they not picked a moron like Palin as a running mate I would have voted McCain. And I voted for Ford, and Reagan.
That being said, I have never voted for a Bush!!!! Not any Bush!!!!
And if he is on the ballot this time I will vote for Ron Paul

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579666853)
Have you voted Republican for president in every election you have ever voted in?

I voted Independent, had they not picked a moron like Palin as a running mate I would have voted McCain. And I voted for Ford, and Reagan.

You voted Independent?

And exactly WTF did you expect to accomplish with that vote ??

Oh let me say it for you:

"I wanted to send a message"

:rofl: :willy: :rofl:

Torchsport 01-06-2012 11:24 PM

:sleep:
Time to unsubscribe to this one...

Mike Campbell 01-07-2012 09:09 AM

need-for-speed: You voted Independent?

:iagree: Guess he did....he helped get Obummer in the White House! :( That excuse is the same as a suicide bomber....he makes his point, just a greasy spot and a bad memory that hurts everyone else.) :crazy2:

Remember, "Stupid is as stupid does."...:rofl:

4GS7 01-07-2012 09:20 AM

Move to close this thread. Climate change debate belongs elsewhere.

PittMD1 01-07-2012 10:15 AM

Randy, very sorry to hear of your troubles with your new car.
My wife worked as a paralegal for many years and wanted me to tell you to let the MN attorney general's office play out before you contact a lawyer and get into a billable hours situation.

I thank you for posting all of this as we are thinking about buying a new GS and at the very least you reminded me how important it is to do a head to toe inspection of the car we get before signing.

Bucknut2006 01-07-2012 10:19 AM

I thought I clicked on a Grand Sport thread, but somehow it was about politics. I'm confused.

bearman95 01-07-2012 10:56 AM

:iagree::flag:

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1579668794)
Move to close this thread. Climate change debate belongs elsewhere.

357 01-07-2012 10:58 AM

I am glad

I am so glad that magazines keep bashing the corvette no matter how many times it beats the competition in price, handling, accelerating, style, and stopping. I say this because if the corvette was rated fairly, and the price reflected the rating I probably could not afford one.

hig4s 01-08-2012 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579667113)
You voted Independent?

No, I vote for who I think is best, regardless what the rest of the morons in society do. If everyone did that there would be no whining about the "two party system".

voting for the lessor of two evils, promotes an evil system.

hig4s 01-08-2012 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1579668731)
:iagree: Guess he did....he helped get Obummer in the White House! :( That excuse is the same as a suicide bomber....he makes his point, just a greasy spot and a bad memory that hurts everyone else.) :crazy2:

Remember, "Stupid is as stupid does."...:rofl:

43% of the population didn't even bother to vote, but I'm the problem because I didn't vote the way you did!!!

And not once since 1918 has there even been a 50% turn out for elections in a midterm election.

I agree!!! "Stupid is as stupid does.". Voters are stupid, that is why the government is stupid.

mtrainer 01-08-2012 06:22 PM

The writer of that article could have at least said what he didn't like about the car, simply calling it "souless" doesn't seem like a good reason to call it the worst car he drove in 2011. Also, calling a corvette (of all cars) "souless" is really just plain whacky....

Did anyone else besides me think that this writer may have picked on this car for the primary reason to just stir the pot and thus generate more clicks for their article?

Mark

Snakes & Arrows 01-08-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579666853)

So you're saying you did not vote for McCain as he picked Palin for as a running mate because she is a moron?:eek: Okay..lets say for a moment that is true. Then you voted for Obama with the rocket scientist Joe Biden as his running mate?:crazy: Many say he is the dumbest senator of all time. Biden is a complete idiot. They have to hide this guy as they are afraid of what he may say. And you stated you did not vote for either Bush. Then did you vote for Clinton?:eek: If so Al Gore was his runnung mate, and everybody knows he is a idiot. Al Gore would be nobody if not for daddy. Al Gore cannot and will not even debate global warming or climate change. Yet, he wants everyone to pay more money in taxes and for products due to this theory.:crazy2:

Snakes & Arrows 01-08-2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579667113)
You voted Independent?

:iagree: His talking points "the lesser of to evils" sounds good. Yet, in reality it makes no sense at all. Why waste the time or the gas money to place a vote that makes no difference at all? And people call Palin a moron.:eek:

X25 01-09-2012 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579683392)
So you're saying you did not vote for McCain as he picked Palin for as a running mate because she is a moron?:eek: Okay..lets say for a moment that is true. Then you voted for Obama with the rocket scientist Joe Biden as his running mate?:crazy: Many say he is the dumbest senator of all time. Biden is a complete idiot. They have to hide this guy as they are afraid of what he may say. And you stated you did not vote for either Bush. Then did you vote for Clinton?:eek: If so Al Gore was his runnung mate, and everybody knows he is a idiot. Al Gore would be nobody if not for daddy. Al Gore cannot and will not even debate global warming or climate change. Yet, he wants everyone to pay more money in taxes and for products due to this theory.:crazy2:

You know, it's always a good virtue to know when to stop.. This thread should end.

vetdude 01-09-2012 10:45 AM

Opinions are like rectal orifices, everybody's got one.

Snakes & Arrows 01-09-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579684390)
You know, it's always a good virtue to know when to stop.. This thread should end.

You really are a liberal. You do everything right to the T in the handbook. You make outrageous & defenseless statements and lose the debate so now its time to stop.:rolleyes:

tuxnharley 01-09-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579684390)

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579686213)
You really are a liberal. You do everything right to the T in the handbook. You make outrageous & defenseless statements and lose the debate so now its time to stop.:rolleyes:

S & A - while I agree (and have repeatedly in this thread) with you, I also do think it's time to stop. You can never convince "those people" of their own hypocricy - if they could understand it or accept it they wouldn't be the way they are.:yesnod: Keeping this going just reminds me of one of my Grandfather's sayings - "Wrestling with a pig is a waste of time - it just gets you dirty, and the pig enjoys it"! :lol:

Best,
TnH