CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2974480-2011-corvette-grand-sport-worst-car-ever-driven.html)

hig4s 01-05-2012 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579656651)

BTW Gotta love the pics from the Earth Day rallies a few decades back where they had signs warning of the second "Ice Age"

I think that's off by a half dozen or so ice ages!!!!

There was a mini ice age from about 1400 to about 1850.

Global climate changes have been happening since long before man has been able to do anything that would impact nature. But man does affect nature on a regular basis, and year after year, with more and more people, and more and more industry the affect is getting greater and greater. Whether it has reached the point that it has an actual impact, there is no scientific way to tell. And until there are several hundred years more data, or we hit the break over singularity (in which case it will be too late to do anything about it) there will be no way to tell.
It is like gambling, without knowing the odds.

need-for-speed 01-05-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579656593)
I don't get it. And come again, why am I hating rich people now? Your conclusions are baseless, and incorrect.

It would be based on this right here:

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579638663)
but you should also realize the only people who benefit from rejecting environmental policies or even rejecting policies like higher rates for highest income tax brackets are big corporations and various self interest groups; that's it. .

;)

need-for-speed 01-05-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579656791)
I think that's off by a half dozen or so ice ages!!!!

There was a mini ice age from about 1400 to about 1850.

Global climate changes have been happening since long before man has been able to do anything that would impact nature. But man does affect nature on a regular basis, and year after year, with more and more people, and more and more industry the affect is getting greater and greater. Whether it has reached the point that it has an actual impact, there is no scientific way to tell. And until there are several hundred years more data, or we hit the break over singularity (in which case it will be too late to do anything about it) there will be no way to tell.
It is like gambling, without knowing the odds.

I agree on the fact that there have been many Ice Ages. In fact, if I had taken one more Geology class, I could have claimed a minor in Geology. This included a semester of Historical Geology. I'm just telling you what was on the signs that they were carrying at the Earth Day rallies 30 years ago. AKA the 70's "occupy" losers.

The signs referred to the "Second Ice Age"

The bottom line is that it is very wrong to infringe upon the liberties of people or reach into their wallets for something that is unproven and likely a hoax.

MMGW has led to a significant wealth transfer from (ironically Capitalistic) industrial countries to third world countries and countries full of lazy slackers, which is why the Europeans embrace the concept so dearly.

aseipos 01-05-2012 11:36 PM

Motor Trend? Haven't they always picked their "best car" from whatever manufacturer buys the most advertising in their magazine?

X25 01-05-2012 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579656890)
It would be based on this right here:

;)

Oh, I see. I meant to say no person (rich or poor) benefits from not protecting the environment, and it is rather large corporations and self interest groups pushing their agenda that benefit the most. Sorry if my message did not go through in between the lines :)

jimb100 01-06-2012 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579657170)
In fact, if I had taken one more Geology class, I could have claimed a minor in Geology. This included a semester of Historical Geology.

I'm just telling you what was on the signs that they were carrying at the Earth Day rallies 30 years ago. AKA the 70's "occupy" losers.

The signs referred to the "Second Ice Age"

The bottom line is that it is very wrong to infringe upon the liberties of people or reach into their wallets for something that is unproven and likely a hoax.

MMGW has led to a significant wealth transfer from (ironically Capitalistic) industrial countries to third world countries and countries full of lazy slackers, which is why the Europeans embrace the concept so dearly.

Lol! Wacky on so many levels.

Despite the fact you only needed one more class for a minor in Geology, I'm not accepting that as a demonstration of your expertise in Climatology. Hopefully, not many are.

I once saw a man carrying a sign that said "The End is Near". That was 30 years ago, too. So much for guys carrying signs.

I guess you've missed the satellite photos showing the Polar ice cap disappearing.

"Climate model projections are summarized in the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). They indicate that during the 21st century the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. The ranges of these estimates arise from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations."

I guess its the 6000 climatologists world wide who contributed to this report are the ones perpetrating a hoax on the rest of the world.

Good thing we you and your one class short of a minor in Geology to prove them wrong.

Of course it make no sense that 8 billion people, driving cars, heating their homes with fossil fuels, raising cattle for food could create green house gasses that contribute to climate change.

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by jimb100 (Post 1579658744)

Despite the fact you only needed one more class for a minor in Geology, I'm not accepting that as a demonstration of your expertise in Climatology. Hopefully, not many are.

I once saw a man carrying a sign that said "The End is Near". That was 30 years ago, too. So much for guys carrying signs.

I guess you've missed the satellite photos showing the Polar ice cap disappearing.

"Climate model projections are summarized in the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). They indicate that during the 21st century the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. The ranges of these estimates arise from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations."

I guess its the 6000 climatologists world wide who contributed to this report are the ones perpetrating a hoax on the rest of the world.

Good thing we you and your one class short of a minor in Geology to prove them wrong.

Of course it make no sense that 8 billion people, driving cars, heating their homes with fossil fuels, raising cattle for food could create green house gasses that contribute to climate change.

Many of the photos you claim show the ice caps disappearing were taken at different times of the year. This scam was uncovered.

Even with your claim the temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. Tonights temperature at the North Pole will be a balmy -28 °F with the temperature Monday predicted to be -39 °F Monday and a forecast of a colder then normal winter in the artic.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AK/North_Pole.html

As for your photos here is another look at what is really happening.

MISLEADING REPORTS ABOUT ANTARCTICA By Joseph D’Aleo, CCM
http://icecap.us
Last year when Antarctic set a new record for ice extent, it got no media attention. They focused on the north polar regions where the ice set record low levels. This summer when unprecedented anomalous cover continued in the Southern Hemisphere again no coverage. Then this report in the news today. You probably saw it on your favorite network or internet news site (pick one, anyone).

And this winter is coming on quickly. Satellite images show the ice has already refrozen
around the broken pieces and expanded. In fact the ice is returning so fast, it is running
an amazing 60% ahead (4.0 vs 2.5 million square km extent) of last year when it set a
new record. The ice extent is already approaching the second highest level for extent
since the measurements began by satellite in 1979 and just a few days into the Southern
Hemisphere fall season and 6 months ahead of the peak. We are very likely going to
exceed last year’s record. Yet the world is left with the false impression Antarctica’s ice
sheet is also starting to disappear.
See
http://icecap.us/images/uploads/MISL...ANTARCTICA.pdf

X25 01-06-2012 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579658810)
Many of the photos you claim show the ice caps disappearing were taken at different times of the year. This scam was uncovered.

Even with your claim the temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. Tonights temperature at the North Pole will be a balmy -28 °F with the temperature Monday predicted to be -39 °F Monday and a forecast of a colder then normal winter in the artic.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AK/North_Pole.html

As for your photos here is another look at what is really happening.

MISLEADING REPORTS ABOUT ANTARCTICA By Joseph D’Aleo, CCM
http://icecap.us
Last year when Antarctic set a new record for ice extent, it got no media attention. They focused on the north polar regions where the ice set record low levels. This summer when unprecedented anomalous cover continued in the Southern Hemisphere again no coverage. Then this report in the news today. You probably saw it on your favorite network or internet news site (pick one, anyone).

And this winter is coming on quickly. Satellite images show the ice has already refrozen
around the broken pieces and expanded. In fact the ice is returning so fast, it is running
an amazing 60% ahead (4.0 vs 2.5 million square km extent) of last year when it set a
new record. The ice extent is already approaching the second highest level for extent
since the measurements began by satellite in 1979 and just a few days into the Southern
Hemisphere fall season and 6 months ahead of the peak. We are very likely going to
exceed last year’s record. Yet the world is left with the false impression Antarctica’s ice
sheet is also starting to disappear.
See
http://icecap.us/images/uploads/MISL...ANTARCTICA.pdf

Haha, so you're quoting the guy who has this following statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_D'Aleo
"An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming"

"We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."
It's hard to even call him a scientist in my opinion ;)

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579658992)
Haha, so you're quoting the guy who has this following statement:

It's hard to even call him a scientist in my opinion ;)

Interesting that in your world a person that believes in God disqualifies them as a scientist. I would bet many of the scientists that do believe or better yet profit from the scam global warming or climate change also believe. Yet in your short sighted world you would ignore that. Not only is that sad it is absurd at it's very face.

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 04:16 AM

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming ... - Forbes http://www.forbes.com/.../jamestaylo...hold-...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Jul 27, 2011 – NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's ... James M. Taylor is senior fellow for environment policy at The ...

New NASA data challenges global warming theory | KurzweilAI http://www.kurzweilai.net/new-nasa-d...rm...CachedNot helpful? You can block www.kurzweilai.net results when you're signed in to search.www.kurzweilai.net
Block all www.kurzweilai.net results
Jul 29, 2011 – NASA satellite data show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to ... Volcanic particles in upper atmosphere slow down global warming, says .... Unfortunately it's still a misleading title, as my comment above notes. ...

C7Joy 01-06-2012 06:58 AM

He's prolly been snortin' something! :crazy: There goes his credibility. :smash:

4GS7 01-06-2012 08:34 AM

WTF happened to this thread?

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1579659615)
WTF happened to this thread?

The Grand Sport is a great car. It has a soul. If my '08 died, it would be replaced by a GS or a Z06. The author does not like American muscle.

;)

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 01:10 PM

Would you say that to my face? I suspect you are a completely different person when not hiding behind your keyboard.

Your personal attacks weaken your position. You continue to prove the point that libs become irrational when others fail to fall for the hoax. Anyone who read my post could understand that my reference to the Geology class was for no other purpose than to acknowlege that there have been more than one ice age.

Yet as a typical Lib, you took one piece of personal information about somebody and made a pathetic attempt to use it to insult. It's typical, juvenile lib behavior.

Nice try but all you do is make yourself look like yet another angry liberal. All of your blathering on had absolutely nothing to do with my education level or the subject matter.

So tell us professor, what is your degree in and where did you earn it?

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579662061)
Would you say that to my face? I suspect you are a completely different person when not hiding behind your keyboard.

Your personal attacks weaken your position. You continue to prove the point that libs become irrational when others fail to fall for the hoax. Anyone who read my post could understand that my reference to the Geology class was for no other purpose than to acknowlege that there have been more than one ice age.

Yet as a typical Lib, you took one piece of personal information about somebody and made a pathetic attempt to use it to insult. It's typical, juvenile lib behavior.

Nice try but all you do is make yourself look like yet another angry liberal. All of your blathering on had absolutely nothing to do with my education level or the subject matter.

So tell us professor, what is your degree in and where did you earn it?

:iagree: This is what liberals do when they are cornered. They cannot debate on facts as liberalism is based on emotion. This is why they scare the kids with the Polar Bears dying because of global warming or use personal attacks to temper the debate.

Most people know global warming is a scam. This is why they changed the name so they could have it both ways. If its warm they say climate change if it gets cold climate change again. No other theory in history has been able to have a argument in which you win both ways like they are attempting with the climate change theory. All one has to do is look at the people that support this publicly and see how they stand to profit or gain power from this scam. I don't care if people want to believe this crap. What pissed me off is I have to spend my money on products, taxes or regulations to support this scam and have people like Gore make money off it.

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579662044)
The Grand Sport is a great car. It has a soul. If my '08 died, it would be replaced by a GS or a Z06. The author does not like American muscle.

;)

:iagree: Once again. The GS is one great Corvette.:thumbs:

JoesC5 01-06-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579662200)
:iagree: Once again. The GS is one great Corvette.:thumbs:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1579662259)
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

:iagree: Heck they are all great.:thumbs: Including the ZO6.:D:thumbs:

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579658306)
Oh, I see. I meant to say no person (rich or poor) benefits from not protecting the environment, and it is rather large corporations and self interest groups pushing their agenda that benefit the most. Sorry if my message did not go through in between the lines :)

I hear ya.

Would you not you agree that there are several self interest groups who are profiting from the theory of MMGW ?

:)

Snakes & Arrows 01-06-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579662422)
I hear ya.

Would you not you agree that there are several self interest groups who are profiting from the theory of MMGW ?

He may have to call Bill Maher or Debbie Wasserman to get the answer for this one.:lol: But I'm anxiously awaiting his answer either way.

I wonder how many of the large evil corporations stand to makey a profit off this theory. I honestly wonder in a liberals mind, do they hate the corporation that makes a profit off of the theory or support it?

SharkByte 01-06-2012 02:15 PM

I just wanted to comment on this particular statement. The earth has only had polar ice caps for about 20% of its existance. The global warming alarmists use the melting ice caps as a scare tactic to get the people who aren't really interested any further then just reading talking points whipped into a frenzy but the fact is, if you take the full 4.5 billion years or so that the earth has been here (sorry bible thumpers) into account ice caps are not the norm.

No matter what the global warming alarmists try to tell you or the climate gaters try to say there is only one absolute truth. Everything changes. The climate on this planet is no different. about 30-40 thousand years ago North America was completely covered by glaciers. As those glaciers melted they left behind a landscape similar to the bottom of the ocean. The land below those glaciers had been covered by 2 miles of ice for thousands of years. Nothing grew there. one particular area of what is now northern California was, when the glaciers melted away, a desert. Eventually grasses "migrated" north due to wind and animals and then pine trees took root. Eventually a huge pine forest covered the area. Then maple trees infiltrated for the same reasons. The maple tree's canopy was higher then the pine forest and blocked out most of the ligth so the pine forest died out leaving a huge maple forest. Eventually though, Oak's made their way into the maple forest. The Oaks grew taller then the Maple trees and the Oak canopy blocked most of the light from the maple forest so the maple forest died out. After many many years of an oak forest covering the area Redwood trees took over and the Giant redwood forest killed off the oak forest below its canopy.

Thats the way the earth works. When man decided to try to manage the wildlife population in Yellowstone we killed off all the wolves and the deer population exploded screwing up the entire ecosystem. EVERY single time humans have tried purposely to involve themselves into the environment we have screwed it up. How about we leave the dang planet alone and stop screwing with it. George Carlin had it right, The planet has been here for billions of years. Its not going any where. We are. People aren't worried about the envorinment because of the environment. They are worried about the environment because it if changes to much it might inconvience them. Guess what, the environment changes and if it goes to far one way or the other it will correct itself. We might just have to be inconvienced for a while. to bad.

tuxnharley 01-06-2012 02:47 PM

So when are YOU going to stop contributing to it? Until then, you're just parrotting the current "politically correct" rhetoric. Put you actions where your mouth is, start walking the walk, or we'll all know you're just talking the talk while doing the opposite. If you truly believe that mankind's "contribution" is the primary cause of global warming/climate change, don't you have a personal responsibility to change your own behavior and mitigate your personal contribution? After all, your contribution might be the very one that reaches the tipping point!

Of course mankind "contributes" to it - everything does. Ever heard of the "Butterfly Effect" theory? Everything is interrelated. The pertinent question is how much and to what extent. The answer is that nature's actions dwarf mankind's. Global warming has been going on since the last ice age. One volcanic explosion - Krakatoa - changed the global climate for 3 years, initially by global cooling. Volcanoes, termites, and rotting vegitation in the Brazilian rain forest contribute more greenhouse gases by far than does mankind. One new volcano eruption - and you know it's coming - will again change the world wide climate.

But hey, in the meanwhile, let's all indulge our egos and pretend we can effect more change than nature itself can by legislating measures than further cripple our already stressed economy and profit special interest groups like Solyndra and their campaign contriubutions to politicians.

Lets us know when YOU reduce YOUR contribution to greenhouse gasses and global warming. I think hot air counts........:rofl:

hig4s 01-06-2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579658999)
Interesting that in your world a person that believes in God disqualifies them as a scientist.

Obviously the theory of relativity, radio telecommunications, and computers are all wrong or faked,,, as Einstein, Marconi, and Zuse believed in God.

tdp1 01-06-2012 05:18 PM

This just in! Motortrend is the worst car magazine I've ever read!

X25 01-06-2012 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579662422)
I hear ya.

I am sure there are various interest groups on both sides. But I hope you also realize there are obvious interest groups benefiting from less regulation on carbon emissions, EPA, etc., though :)

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by SharkByte (Post 1579662684)
I just wanted to comment on this particular statement. The earth has only had polar ice caps for about 20% of its existance. The global warming alarmists use the melting ice caps as a scare tactic to get the people who aren't really interested any further then just reading talking points whipped into a frenzy but the fact is, if you take the full 4.5 billion years or so that the earth has been here (sorry bible thumpers) into account ice caps are not the norm.

No matter what the global warming alarmists try to tell you or the climate gaters try to say there is only one absolute truth. Everything changes. The climate on this planet is no different. about 30-40 thousand years ago North America was completely covered by glaciers. As those glaciers melted they left behind a landscape similar to the bottom of the ocean. The land below those glaciers had been covered by 2 miles of ice for thousands of years. Nothing grew there. one particular area of what is now northern California was, when the glaciers melted away, a desert. Eventually grasses "migrated" north due to wind and animals and then pine trees took root. Eventually a huge pine forest covered the area. Then maple trees infiltrated for the same reasons. The maple tree's canopy was higher then the pine forest and blocked out most of the ligth so the pine forest died out leaving a huge maple forest. Eventually though, Oak's made their way into the maple forest. The Oaks grew taller then the Maple trees and the Oak canopy blocked most of the light from the maple forest so the maple forest died out. After many many years of an oak forest covering the area Redwood trees took over and the Giant redwood forest killed off the oak forest below its canopy. Thats the way the earth works. When man decided to try to manage the wildlife population in Yellowstone we killed off all the wolves and the deer population exploded screwing up the entire ecosystem. EVERY single time humans have tried purposely to involve themselves into the environment we have screwed it up. How about we leave the dang planet alone and stop screwing with it. George Carlin had it right, The planet has been here for billions of years. Its not going any where. We are. People aren't worried about the envorinment because of the environment. They are worried about the environment because it if changes to much it might inconvience them. Guess what, the environment changes and if it goes to far one way or the other it will correct itself. We might just have to be inconvienced for a while. to bad.

:iagree: Well said !

Sounds like maybe you took a class or two in Historical Geology :lol:

BTW - I'm a believer in the bible and this theory does not offend me. Core samples, petroleum geology, and formation strata support what you are saying.

BTW - WRT the part I quoted and made bold font - kinda reminds me an awesome Rush song. Might be time to turn on the Ipod.

:yesnod:

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1579662957)
So when are YOU going to stop contributing to it? Until then, you're just parrotting the current "politically correct" rhetoric. Put you actions where your mouth is, start walking the walk, or we'll all know you're just talking the talk while doing the opposite.

Lets us know when YOU reduce YOUR contribution to greenhouse gasses and global warming. I think hot air counts........:rofl:

:iagree: :rofl:

hig4s 01-06-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579662189)
:iagree: This is what liberals do when they are cornered. They cannot debate on facts as liberalism is based on emotion. This is why they scare the kids with the Polar Bears dying because of global warming or use personal attacks to temper the debate.

first, you have no idea what a liberal is. You just call everyone you disagree with a liberal, because you believe yourself to be a conservative, which you are not. Both have been completely misrepresented by the media and by those claiming to be conservatives and liberals that aren't for the last 30 years.

second, those claiming to be liberals use scare tactics, because psychological studies have shown that people who are conservative base decisions on the emotion of fear.

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579664142)
I am sure there are various interest groups on both sides. But I hope you also realize there are obvious interest groups benefiting from less regulation on carbon emissions, EPA, etc., though :)

Heres's the difference:

Let's use energy companies as an example. They provide a needed product. Without it we would still be living in log cabins heated by buring logs, lit by candles, and hot as hell in the summer. I won't even mention how many paychecks come from the e industry.

A good portion of the Enviro regs are worthy and good. Nobody in their right mind would want oil companies to be able to drill wells without cementing off the fresh water aquifers. Nobody in their right mind would want them dumping into streams or open pits. That sort of pollution needed to be stopped.

And now that it has, the greenies would be out of work if they could not manufacture a crisis (hoax). Energy companies have to comply with these superflous regs and that adds cost to your electricity bill, fuel bill, and virtually everything you consume and do because the cost of energy affects everything. For the e companies, it's about cost avoidance. Not lining their pockets. If the enviro were lessened, energy would cost loss. Since e companies compete against each other, prices would fall. Now the price fixing nancies will say it's all a conspiracy. But the compettion is there.

Now let's look at the greenies and third world countries. They are doing absolutely nothing other than collecting tolls and lining their pockets with "carbon credit" money. Third world countries and Europe are behind MMGW theory because it results in guilt dollars coming their way.

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by tdp1 (Post 1579664143)
This just in! Motortrend is the worst car magazine I've ever read!

Yeah !! MT sucks !!

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579664089)
Obviously the theory of relativity, radio telecommunications, and computers are all wrong or faked,,, as Einstein, Marconi, and Zuse believed in God.

I think he was being sarcastic and you just helped to make his point

;)

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579664195)
first, you have no idea what a liberal is. You just call everyone you disagree with a liberal, because you believe yourself to be a conservative, which you are not. Both have been completely misrepresented by the media and by those claiming to be conservatives and liberals that aren't for the last 30 years.

second, those claiming to be liberals use scare tactics, because psychological studies have shown that people who are conservative base decisions on the emotion of fear.

I am your eager pupil and ready to learn. Please educate me on what a Liberal is, what a Conservative is, and how they differ

As Ross Perot one said, I'm all :bigears

X25 01-06-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579664195)

:iagree: I wanted to mention this as well, but felt that it would serve no purpose since no-one is listening. The base of conservatism, after all, is fear of "change".

In an ideal world, you should "fear" the change a bit (be a bit conservative), yet dare to question things that are wrong in our world (be a bit liberal) to adapt and evolve to a changing world. When you have both, you don't create the best policy, but it is still balanced and helps the country progress, which is the essence of democracy.

Since 2000s, I fear we've completely lost this sense of logic and equilibrium. I am personally ashamed by the dysfunction at our house of representatives. Our country has been waiting for the elections for more than a year now, while the rest of the world has been progressing on important issues. I'm very glad that at least our Fed is independent so we did not go back to another recession during this gridlock.

X25 01-06-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579664286)
Heres's the difference:

Let's use energy companies as an example. They provide a needed product. Without it we would still be living in log cabins heated by buring logs, lit by candles, and hot as hell in the summer. I won't even mention how many paychecks come from the e industry.

A good portion of the Enviro regs are worthy and good. Nobody in their right mind would want oil companies to be able to drill wells without cementing off the fresh water aquifers. Nobody in their right mind would want them dumping into streams or open pits. That sort of pollution needed to be stopped.

And now that it has, the greenies would be out of work if they could not manufacture a crisis (hoax). Energy companies have to comply with these superflous regs and that adds cost to your electricity bill, fuel bill, and virtually everything you consume and do because the cost of energy affects everything. For the e companies, it's about cost avoidance. Not lining their pockets. If the enviro were lessened, energy would cost loss. Since e companies compete against each other, prices would fall. Now the price fixing nancies will say it's all a conspiracy. But the compettion is there.

Now let's look at the greenies and third world countries. They are doing absolutely nothing other than collecting tolls and lining their pockets with "carbon credit" money. Third world countries and Europe are behind MMGW theory because it results in guilt dollars coming their way.

I am sure you can create conspiracy theories to explain anything. Europe 'spends' a huge amount of money to balance its carbon print by investing in the third world countries by the way; they are not a financial beneficiary.

hig4s 01-06-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579664353)
:iagree: I wanted to mention this as well, but felt that it would serve no purpose since no-one is listening. The base of conservatism, after all, is fear of "change".

In an ideal world, you should "fear" the change a bit (be a bit conservative), yet dare to question things that are wrong in our world (be a bit liberal) to adapt and evolve to a changing world. When you have both, you don't create the best policy, but it is still balanced and helps the country progress, which is the essence of democracy.

Since 2000s, I fear we've completely lost this sense of logic and equilibrium. I am personally ashamed by the dysfunction at our house of representatives. Our country has been waiting for the elections for more than a year now, while the rest of the world has been progressing on important issues. I'm very glad that at least our Fed is independent so we did not go back to another recession during this gridlock.

I was asked to explain, but :iagree:

To possibly expound, read this. http://honpol.blogspot.com/2010/07/w...ifference.html

last901 01-06-2012 07:51 PM

Let me try to understand what is going on here:

Here's the original post:

"The 2011 Corvette Grand Sport is the worst car I have driven." Sounds strange, right? Never in a million years would I think that someone would make such a statement about any Corvette. That is until Jason Udy, the Associate Online Editor from Motor Trend, made that bold statement only hours ago. In Motor Trend's "Best and Worst Cars Driven of 2011" article, each staff member posted their favorite and worst cars driven. Mr. Udy seems to have a vastly different answer than the rest of the staff.

Here is a link to the madness. His contribution is the last on the list.

http://wot.motortrend.com/mt-staff-p...comment-389463

I can certainly see why some would see shortcomings in the Corvette, and be disappointed with some aspects. But worst car driven in 2011? Surely there were a few worse than it. I would like to see the entire list of cars Mr. Udy has driven see see how he came to this conclusion.

Here's one of the latest posts (from page 12):

God I love this forum - it is about Corvettes isn't it? :willy:

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579665350)
I was asked to explain, but :iagree:

To possibly expound, read this. http://honpol.blogspot.com/2010/07/w...ifference.html

Awe c'mon. Don't just post a link.

'splain it to me :bigears

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579664353)

Don't you get it? Everyone agrees with the part I highlighted in bold font.

Where everyone disagrees is with what changes should be made.

Where the difference lies is in the following:

Democrats figured out a long time ago that underachievers will always outnumber achievers. So to build their power base the Dem Libs sell class envy, and a hatred of corporations as well as a hatred of successful people (as long as they are not Hollywood rich people or self loathing limosine liberal rich people like Michael Moore).

They sell votes by giving free stuff to the slackers (using the tax money earned by the achivers) in exchange for their Democrat vote.

Man Made Global Warming theory is just another tool used in this endeavor.

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 09:34 PM

let me try to understand what is going on here:

Here's the original post:

"The 2011 Corvette Grand Sport is the worst car I have driven." Sounds strange, right? Never in a million years would I think that someone would make such a statement about any Corvette. That is until Jason Udy, the Associate Online Editor from Motor Trend, made that bold statement only hours ago. In Motor Trend's "Best and Worst Cars Driven of 2011" article, each staff member posted their favorite and worst cars driven. Mr. Udy seems to have a vastly different answer than the rest of the staff.

Here is a link to the madness. His contribution is the last on the list.

http://wot.motortrend.com/mt-staff-p...comment-389463

I can certainly see why some would see shortcomings in the Corvette, and be disappointed with some aspects. But worst car driven in 2011? Surely there were a few worse than it. I would like to see the entire list of cars Mr. Udy has driven see see how he came to this conclusion.

Here's one of the latest posts (from page 12):

God I love this forum - it is about Corvettes isn't it? :willy:
What I love the most is people who complain about how stupid this thread is and yet they keep coming back and posting in it.

Like a moth to a flame :rofl: :willy: :rofl:

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579664417)
I am sure you can create conspiracy theories to explain anything. Europe 'spends' a huge amount of money to balance its carbon print by investing in the third world countries by the way; they are not a financial beneficiary.

Conspiracy theory?

Like how the evil corporations want to pollute the air and water in order to line their pockets?

But to be honest, you have convinced me that MMGW is real. I want to help in the same way that you do.

What can I do to help?

hig4s 01-06-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579666323)
Don't you get it? Everyone agrees with the part I highlighted in bold font.

Where everyone disagrees is with what changes should be made.

Where the difference lies is in the following:

Democrats figured out a long time ago that underachievers will always outnumber achievers. So to build their power base the Dem Libs sell class envy, and a hatred of corporations as well as a hatred of successful people (as long as they are not Hollywood rich people or self loathing limousine liberal rich people like Michael Moore).

They sell votes by giving free stuff to the slackers (using the tax money earned by the achievers) in exchange for their Democrat vote.

Man Made Global Warming theory is just another tool used in this endeavor.

But most Democrats are not liberals, and from there your theory continues to fall even farther from reality.

And the (what you would incorrectly call) conservative Republicans also use class envy. They lump the just above average to lower upper class in with the rich and super rich and sell to them that the poor hate them and something needs to be done about it.

the median wage is $27K, (which means 50% of the population makes that or less) but the average wage is $44K. To anyone that has a basic understanding of statistical analysis this speaks volumes.

Also only 10% of the population make over 125K only 1.5% make over 300K and this does not make them rich.

The rich (top .9% making over 1M a year) and super rich (top .1% making over 175M a year), who consist of Democrats and Republicans constantly push class envy to keep public view off their personal wealth and the and the way they manipulate and/or ignore laws to create and keep their wealth.

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579666499)
But most Democrats are not liberals, and from there your theory continues to fall even farther from reality.

And the (what you would incorrectly call) conservative Republicans also use class envy. They lump the just above average to lower upper class in with the rich and super rich and sell to them that the poor hate them and something needs to be done about it.

the median wage is $27K, (which means 50% of the population makes that or less) but the average wage is $44K. To anyone that has a basic understanding of statistical analysis this speaks volumes.

Also only 10% of the population make over 125K only 1.5% make over 300K and this does not make them rich.

The rich (top .9% making over 1M a year) and super rich (top .1% making over 175M a year), who consist of Democrats and Republicans constantly push class envy to keep public view off their personal wealth and the and the way they manipulate and/or ignore laws to create and keep their wealth.

There's nothing that amuses me more than a Democrat who won't admit to being a Democrat. They go to such great lengths posting stats from Wikipedia and yet, they say nothing.

Lets take a shortcut:

I held my nose and voted for Mc Cain (cuz he wasn't conservative enough)

Did you vote for Barry O. ?

hig4s 01-06-2012 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579666649)
There's nothing that amuses me more than a Democrat who won't admit to being a Democrat. They go to such great lengths posting stats from Wikipedia and yet, they say nothing.

Lets take a shortcut:

I held my nose and voted for Mc Cain (cuz he wasn't conservative enough)

Did you vote for Barry O. ?

Have you voted Republican for president in every election you have ever voted in?

I voted Independent, had they not picked a moron like Palin as a running mate I would have voted McCain. And I voted for Ford, and Reagan.
That being said, I have never voted for a Bush!!!! Not any Bush!!!!
And if he is on the ballot this time I will vote for Ron Paul

need-for-speed 01-06-2012 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579666853)
Have you voted Republican for president in every election you have ever voted in?

I voted Independent, had they not picked a moron like Palin as a running mate I would have voted McCain. And I voted for Ford, and Reagan.

You voted Independent?

And exactly WTF did you expect to accomplish with that vote ??

Oh let me say it for you:

"I wanted to send a message"

:rofl: :willy: :rofl:

Torchsport 01-06-2012 11:24 PM

:sleep:
Time to unsubscribe to this one...

Mike Campbell 01-07-2012 09:09 AM

need-for-speed: You voted Independent?

:iagree: Guess he did....he helped get Obummer in the White House! :( That excuse is the same as a suicide bomber....he makes his point, just a greasy spot and a bad memory that hurts everyone else.) :crazy2:

Remember, "Stupid is as stupid does."...:rofl:

4GS7 01-07-2012 09:20 AM

Move to close this thread. Climate change debate belongs elsewhere.

PittMD1 01-07-2012 10:15 AM

Randy, very sorry to hear of your troubles with your new car.
My wife worked as a paralegal for many years and wanted me to tell you to let the MN attorney general's office play out before you contact a lawyer and get into a billable hours situation.

I thank you for posting all of this as we are thinking about buying a new GS and at the very least you reminded me how important it is to do a head to toe inspection of the car we get before signing.

Bucknut2006 01-07-2012 10:19 AM

I thought I clicked on a Grand Sport thread, but somehow it was about politics. I'm confused.

bearman95 01-07-2012 10:56 AM

:iagree::flag:

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1579668794)
Move to close this thread. Climate change debate belongs elsewhere.

357 01-07-2012 10:58 AM

I am glad

I am so glad that magazines keep bashing the corvette no matter how many times it beats the competition in price, handling, accelerating, style, and stopping. I say this because if the corvette was rated fairly, and the price reflected the rating I probably could not afford one.

hig4s 01-08-2012 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579667113)
You voted Independent?

No, I vote for who I think is best, regardless what the rest of the morons in society do. If everyone did that there would be no whining about the "two party system".

voting for the lessor of two evils, promotes an evil system.

hig4s 01-08-2012 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell (Post 1579668731)
:iagree: Guess he did....he helped get Obummer in the White House! :( That excuse is the same as a suicide bomber....he makes his point, just a greasy spot and a bad memory that hurts everyone else.) :crazy2:

Remember, "Stupid is as stupid does."...:rofl:

43% of the population didn't even bother to vote, but I'm the problem because I didn't vote the way you did!!!

And not once since 1918 has there even been a 50% turn out for elections in a midterm election.

I agree!!! "Stupid is as stupid does.". Voters are stupid, that is why the government is stupid.

mtrainer 01-08-2012 06:22 PM

The writer of that article could have at least said what he didn't like about the car, simply calling it "souless" doesn't seem like a good reason to call it the worst car he drove in 2011. Also, calling a corvette (of all cars) "souless" is really just plain whacky....

Did anyone else besides me think that this writer may have picked on this car for the primary reason to just stir the pot and thus generate more clicks for their article?

Mark

Snakes & Arrows 01-08-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579666853)

So you're saying you did not vote for McCain as he picked Palin for as a running mate because she is a moron?:eek: Okay..lets say for a moment that is true. Then you voted for Obama with the rocket scientist Joe Biden as his running mate?:crazy: Many say he is the dumbest senator of all time. Biden is a complete idiot. They have to hide this guy as they are afraid of what he may say. And you stated you did not vote for either Bush. Then did you vote for Clinton?:eek: If so Al Gore was his runnung mate, and everybody knows he is a idiot. Al Gore would be nobody if not for daddy. Al Gore cannot and will not even debate global warming or climate change. Yet, he wants everyone to pay more money in taxes and for products due to this theory.:crazy2:

Snakes & Arrows 01-08-2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579667113)
You voted Independent?

:iagree: His talking points "the lesser of to evils" sounds good. Yet, in reality it makes no sense at all. Why waste the time or the gas money to place a vote that makes no difference at all? And people call Palin a moron.:eek:

X25 01-09-2012 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579683392)
So you're saying you did not vote for McCain as he picked Palin for as a running mate because she is a moron?:eek: Okay..lets say for a moment that is true. Then you voted for Obama with the rocket scientist Joe Biden as his running mate?:crazy: Many say he is the dumbest senator of all time. Biden is a complete idiot. They have to hide this guy as they are afraid of what he may say. And you stated you did not vote for either Bush. Then did you vote for Clinton?:eek: If so Al Gore was his runnung mate, and everybody knows he is a idiot. Al Gore would be nobody if not for daddy. Al Gore cannot and will not even debate global warming or climate change. Yet, he wants everyone to pay more money in taxes and for products due to this theory.:crazy2:

You know, it's always a good virtue to know when to stop.. This thread should end.

vetdude 01-09-2012 10:45 AM

Opinions are like rectal orifices, everybody's got one.

Snakes & Arrows 01-09-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579684390)
You know, it's always a good virtue to know when to stop.. This thread should end.

You really are a liberal. You do everything right to the T in the handbook. You make outrageous & defenseless statements and lose the debate so now its time to stop.:rolleyes:

tuxnharley 01-09-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ozer (Post 1579684390)

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579686213)
You really are a liberal. You do everything right to the T in the handbook. You make outrageous & defenseless statements and lose the debate so now its time to stop.:rolleyes:

S & A - while I agree (and have repeatedly in this thread) with you, I also do think it's time to stop. You can never convince "those people" of their own hypocricy - if they could understand it or accept it they wouldn't be the way they are.:yesnod: Keeping this going just reminds me of one of my Grandfather's sayings - "Wrestling with a pig is a waste of time - it just gets you dirty, and the pig enjoys it"! :lol:

Best,
TnH

SubjectAlpha 01-09-2012 03:04 PM

If the GS was the worst car he drove all year, he must have driven a lot of frickin' amazing cars!

hig4s 01-09-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows (Post 1579683392)
So you're saying you did not vote for McCain as he picked Palin for as a running mate because she is a moron?:eek: Okay..lets say for a moment that is true. Then you voted for Obama with the rocket scientist Joe Biden as his running mate?:crazy: Many say he is the dumbest senator of all time. Biden is a complete idiot. They have to hide this guy as they are afraid of what he may say. And you stated you did not vote for either Bush. Then did you vote for Clinton?:eek: If so Al Gore was his running mate, and everybody knows he is a idiot. Al Gore would be nobody if not for daddy. Al Gore cannot and will not even debate global warming or climate change. Yet, he wants everyone to pay more money in taxes and for products due to this theory.:crazy2:

This shows how the average voter cannot see past their simplistic paradigm of the system!!!!

I clearly stated I voted Independent, two people gave me grief for wasting my vote, and this person quoted my post saying I voted Independent, yet they bash me thinking I voted for Obama because they cannot comprehend there are any candidates other than Republicans and Democrats.

If even a third of the people that bother to vote would ignore the labels, do some real research and vote for who they thought was best based on merit, third and forth party candidates would be viable contenders.

again, this says it better than I do here, but most will not read it, which is OK as most wouldn't be smart enough to get it anyway.
http://honpol.blogspot.com/2010/07/w...ifference.html

Oh, and George Bush jr wouldn't have been anything without his daddy.
Even Bush sr wouldn't have been anything without Prescott's massive money and connections. Same with most politicians including JFK.

And most people quote Gore saying "I invented the internet" to prove he is an idiot, which he never said and only proves the person misquoting him is an idiot. It was a Republican new pundit that claimed he said that and people believed it.

Snakes & Arrows 01-09-2012 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579689378)
This shows how the average voter cannot see past their simplistic paradigm of the system!!!!

I clearly stated I voted Independent, two people gave me grief for wasting my vote, and this person quoted my post saying I voted Independent, yet they bash me thinking I voted for Obama because they cannot comprehend there are any candidates other than Republicans and Democrats.

If even a third of the people that bother to vote would ignore the labels, do some real research and vote for who they thought was best based on merit, third and forth party candidates would be viable contenders.

again, this says it better than I do here, but most will not read it, which is OK as most wouldn't be smart enough to get it anyway.
http://honpol.blogspot.com/2010/07/w...ifference.html

Oh, and George Bush jr wouldn't have been anything without his daddy.
Even Bush sr wouldn't have been anything without Prescott's massive money and connections. Same with most politicians including JFK.

And most people quote Gore saying "I invented the internet" to prove he is an idiot, which he never said and only proves the person misquoting him is an idiot. It was a Republican new pundit that claimed he said that and people believed it.

In no way do I believe Gore is a idiot solely from a quote. Gore is a idiot for several reasons. The most glaring is his inability to debate something he claims to feel strongly about. The fact he is clearly not smart enough to hide his massive energy bills for his home while asking others to change their lifestyles is absurd on it's very face. Also that he is not smart enough to even attempt to hide the fact that he flies around in private jets all over the world asking people again to reduce their carbon foot print, while making a larger foot print in 1 year then most do in a lifetime.

On the other hand Gore could be brilliant. Here we have people all over the country that believe in him as many others do in God. They look blindly at the facts and follow whatever he says no matter how hypocritical it is. Many say the same thing about religion. Yet, when Gore pays for his carbon credits he pays for himself. So maybe in a way Gore is the new Madoff and maybe he cooked up one heck of a scheme.

As for the Vote. To vote independent is really a waste of time. It does less then trying to put out a fire with your piss. It may be a noble thing to do, but the house will still burn.

Below are some very interesting facts about Al. You are correct about the fact he never said he invented the internet. But, what he did actually say is listed on the link below.

Al Gore quotes thinkexist.com/quotation/who-are-these-people-to-a.../763442.htmlCachedNot helpful? You can block thinkexist.com results when you're signed in to search.thinkexist.com
Block all thinkexist.com results
Al Gore Who are these people? (To a tour guide at Monticello after seeing busts of George Washington and Ben Franklin)

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/who-...at/763442.html

Al Gore Quotes - stupid quotes and lies by Al Gore (Algore) www.gargaro.com/algore.htmlCached - Similar
Here is just a sampling of some of the silly comments made by Al Gore. ... AND WOULD PEOPLE PLEASE STOP PASSING AROUND THAT LIST OF MOSTLY ... In fact, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ran an article about these bogus quotes! ...